Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Tibias - February 2023  (Read 1411 times)

GrowTow

LON Tibias - February 2023
« on: January 26, 2023, 02:08:41 PM »

What's up everyone.

I've booked my operation for next month. I won't be sharing which surgeon I will be going to as I could say Paley and there would still be negativity. This won't be a secret, I will name the Dr eventually. I just don't want any feedback before I get there as I've done more than enough research.

My goal will be 6.5cm and I will be going back again for Precise on Femurs. Some people may say to not look too far ahead to a 2nd surgery but at 164cm, if I only do Tibias then it will be pretty pointless as I will only be 170/171cm.

If anyone has any advice on things to take or do before I leave then any input is welcome. I have 3-4 weeks until I leave. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time for 3 months? Sleeping advice?

And, for some info on myself. I am 20, from the UK. 164cm - 56kg. I've been on this forum for around 4 years.  8)

May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

GrowTow

Re: LON Tibias - February 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 02:16:41 PM »

I'm going to be as honest and transparent throughout the entire process. I've had this profile for a couple of years and almost 200 posts so I hope I won't be accused of being fake or anything.

Hopefully I will answer everyone's questions and add even more detail. If someone gives me a dirty look, I will post it. If I hear a car crash outside my window, I will mention it. If my food comes cold, I will mention it.

I've been asking questions to other patients on this forum for years but a lot of people don't like sharing. I will try clear everything up for everyone that needs answers to any odd and specific thing.

informationispower

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 02:29:47 PM »

Good luck.

It is obviously a turkish doc but still good luck and I wish you a safe lengthening.
As someone who is a legit 170/171cm tall, it is not so bad at this height... Not perfect but it is not nearly as bad as being 164

GrowTow

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 02:48:14 PM »

Update:

Just finished purchasing some supplements:

Now Foods - Bone Strength: Supposedly the calcium coming from MCHA (Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite) is ideal.

Now Foods - Calcium & Magnesium: Added boost of Calcium as I will try to hit a 2000mg goal.

Now Foods - Vitamin D 10 000 IU: I have low vitamin D anyways, I have previously taken 10 000 IU, these will only be taken twice a week.

Will also have a protein shake every morning just to boost calories + protein and other amino acids. But, I'll order this once I am in the country.

To be clear, these are just to SUPPLEMENTS my health. I will obviously be eating 2000 calories from natural foods.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 12:24:42 AM »

Congrats!

QuarkSoup

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 04:45:10 PM »

Update:

Just finished purchasing some supplements:

Now Foods - Bone Strength: Supposedly the calcium coming from MCHA (Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite) is ideal.

Now Foods - Calcium & Magnesium: Added boost of Calcium as I will try to hit a 2000mg goal.

Now Foods - Vitamin D 10 000 IU: I have low vitamin D anyways, I have previously taken 10 000 IU, these will only be taken twice a week.

Will also have a protein shake every morning just to boost calories + protein and other amino acids. But, I'll order this once I am in the country.

To be clear, these are just to SUPPLEMENTS my health. I will obviously be eating 2000 calories from natural foods.

Good luck on your journey brother. I think you should at least keep your weight same during the distraction phase. If you are coming to Turkey there is a website called "supplementler" you can find tons of supplement there
Pre-surgery Height: 173.5cm (5'9)
New Height: 182cm (6'0), gained 8.5cm on Femurs
Surgery Dates: 22 Nov 2022 LON on Femurs,  device removal on 9th Feb 2023
Surgeon: Yunus Oc, wannabetaller, Istanbul Turkey
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=78384.0

GrowTow

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 05:07:10 PM »

Good luck on your journey brother. I think you should at least keep your weight same during the distraction phase. If you are coming to Turkey there is a website called "supplementler" you can find tons of supplement there

Thanks for the recommendation.

At the moment I don't eat enough, probably 1200 calories a day. I definitely need to increase this to a minimum of 2000 once i'm there. I've read you need 4000 calories for ideal bone growth. I don't see this being possible, it's too much for my current height and weight but I will try hit 2500-3000 at least.

Most people lose weight during this process, it's best to over eat even if it's unhealthy food as this will still help more than not eating enough.

bocklecrt3

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 07:28:23 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation.

At the moment I don't eat enough, probably 1200 calories a day. I definitely need to increase this to a minimum of 2000 once i'm there. I've read you need 4000 calories for ideal bone growth. I don't see this being possible, it's too much for my current height and weight but I will try hit 2500-3000 at least.

Most people lose weight during this process, it's best to over eat even if it's unhealthy food as this will still help more than not eating enough.

1200 calories is pigeon tier intake, you need to pump those numbers up laddie

dont think protein powder is gonna make that much of a difference unless you take 4-5 shakes a day with 3% milk

one scoop of whey has 120 calories which is nothing in the grand scheme of things

you need good strong food - slow digestible carbs, non saturated FATS, protein from animal sources

so eggs, meats, steamed rice(brown is best), steamed potatoes, fish should be eaten daily, bananas etc and a whole metric ton of supplements to go with all that

when i did my lon tibia i was eating like a king every day and supplementing with burger king every other day(vietnamese burger king XXL whoppers were my heaven food there)

GrowTow

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 08:13:34 PM »

1200 calories is pigeon tier intake, you need to pump those numbers up laddie

dont think protein powder is gonna make that much of a difference unless you take 4-5 shakes a day with 3% milk

one scoop of whey has 120 calories which is nothing in the grand scheme of things

you need good strong food - slow digestible carbs, non saturated FATS, protein from animal sources

so eggs, meats, steamed rice(brown is best), steamed potatoes, fish should be eaten daily, bananas etc and a whole metric ton of supplements to go with all that

when i did my lon tibia i was eating like a king every day and supplementing with burger king every other day(vietnamese burger king XXL whoppers were my heaven food there)

Yeah at the moment my lifestyle is completely sedentary so as much as 1200 seems less, I don't even get hungry but of course I know I need to eat double this once i'm there. I'm already starting from tomorrow to go up to 2000 calories for the 2 weeks before I leave.

I'm going to start a mass gainer 750 calories and then 3 meals a day for the next 2 weeks. This is only to increase my hunger etc. Once i'm there I'll ditch the mass gainer as it's not really healthy to keep having it for long term.

Once i'm there i'll have:

Breakfast = Protein Shake, 3x Eggs, Toast = 1000 Calories (Already know where to order this from everyday)

Lunch - Tuna/Cod with Rice 600 - 700 Calories (Also found a place to order this from)

Dinner - Chicken/Beef not sure what but it'll be a heavy dinner everyday. 700 - 1000 Calories (This meal will vary but always be a heavy protein/carb meal)

Total = 3000 Calories - 2600/2700 from Meals and 300 from Snacks

Unknown

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 08:41:54 PM »

Yeah at the moment my lifestyle is completely sedentary so as much as 1200 seems less, I don't even get hungry but of course I know I need to eat double this once i'm there. I'm already starting from tomorrow to go up to 2000 calories for the 2 weeks before I leave.

I'm going to start a mass gainer 750 calories and then 3 meals a day for the next 2 weeks. This is only to increase my hunger etc. Once i'm there I'll ditch the mass gainer as it's not really healthy to keep having it for long term.

Breakfast = Protein Shake, 3x Eggs, Toast = 1000 Calories (Already know where to order this from everyday)

Lunch - Tuna/Cod with Rice 600 - 700 Calories (Also found a place to order this from)

Dinner - Chicken/Beef not sure what but it'll be a heavy dinner everyday. 700 - 1000 Calories (This meal will vary but always be a heavy protein/carb meal)

Will you be bringing anyone with you or will you hire a caretaker instead?

bocklecrt3

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 09:14:36 PM »

ditch the mass gainer, its useless cancer processed sugars and fats. just add one more normal meal per day

your breakfast is 500 cals at max, your lunch is like 400. and youre talking takeout for breakfast lunch and dinner here as far as i can tell and prepare for small ass portions anyway

the way i see it youll be getting like 1500-600 cals from food and maybe 300 from shakes. so i suggest you increase your entire planned intake by 50% minimum

and also shake your protein scoops with minimum 300 ml of whole milk per shake - thats 900 ml of milk per day, get a shaker with a metalic blender ball inside for best results

yum yum buddy boyo

GrowTow

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 09:21:40 PM »

ditch the mass gainer, its useless cancer processed sugars and fats. just add one more normal meal per day

your breakfast is 500 cals at max, your lunch is like 400. and youre talking takeout for breakfast lunch and dinner here as far as i can tell and prepare for small ass portions anyway

the way i see it youll be getting like 1500-600 cals from food and maybe 300 from shakes. so i suggest you increase your entire planned intake by 50% minimum

and also shake your protein scoops with minimum 300 ml of whole milk per shake - thats 900 ml of milk per day, get a shaker with a metalic blender ball inside for best results

yum yum buddy boyo

As I said, the mass gainer is only for 2 weeks to increase my appetite.

The calories that i've said are accurate because I already eat those foods. I've tracked my calories for a long time, I know they're right. Maybe the portions will vary because of a different country but i'll just order more.

GrowTow

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 09:56:17 PM »

Will you be bringing anyone with you or will you hire a caretaker instead?

I haven't planned for any of this as the accommodation has enough support workers there but if I do need a caretaker or extra PT or even a personal chef then I may as well.

saltedchocolate

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 01:20:54 AM »

You’ll be good as long as you don’t go to a butcher like i did. Hmm, 6.5 on tibias.. I’d say get to 5 and then decide if u wanna push the extra 1.5 cm. Depending on how your achilles tendon is allowing your length . Secondly, do not lengthen more than .75/day . Thirdly, no. Not even 1 mm/ day. Don’t risk nerve damage bruh . I wish i had someone to warn me like I’m warning you. Slow and steady wins the race. You can lengthen as much as u want but it won’t be functional so remember that function is more important than height. Stop at 4 if u need to. Lsn to your body please. If it doesn’t allow you to go further. Press the brake man.
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

GrowTow

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 02:15:44 AM »

You’ll be good as long as you don’t go to a butcher like i did. Hmm, 6.5 on tibias.. I’d say get to 5 and then decide if u wanna push the extra 1.5 cm. Depending on how your achilles tendon is allowing your length . Secondly, do not lengthen more than .75/day . Thirdly, no. Not even 1 mm/ day. Don’t risk nerve damage bruh . I wish i had someone to warn me like I’m warning you. Slow and steady wins the race. You can lengthen as much as u want but it won’t be functional so remember that function is more important than height. Stop at 4 if u need to. Lsn to your body please. If it doesn’t allow you to go further. Press the brake man.

I know, I will listen to my body of course. And, yeah I already told them i'm not doing more than .75 a day. With a 90 day stay they said I'd have to do 1mm to be able to reach my goal but i've told myself from the beginning that I'll take it slow and even extend an extra month if I need to.

At the end of the day, it's just money for the Doctors, they may tell people to do 1.5mm just so they leave in time and have another patient come in. People should always have a plan and stick to it. Mine is to only do .75mm a day and if I need to do 1mm then never for more than 3 days.

Thank you for the feedback though.

Captain Bone

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 10:38:14 AM »

Good luck on your journey. who is your doctor?

GrowTow

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 12:36:11 PM »

Good luck on your journey. who is your doctor?

I'll disclose this information when i'm out of surgery.

GrowTow

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 12:39:59 PM »

Update:

Actually just had a practise run of my breakfast. Thought it would be too heavy. I thought it would take 2 weeks to get used to it but no.

I had 950 calories - 340 from Protein Shake + 610 from Food.
126g Carbs - 60g Protein

Protein Shake
Toast
Ham
Eggs
Beans

GrowTow

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2023, 10:07:54 AM »

I'm back.

I'd advise anyone who is considering to do surgery with Dr Yurttas to rethink and choose someone else. I had my surgery booked 1 month in advance, once I got to the hotel, everything seemed good, I was shown around, I looked at the physio; everything was okay.

But, my impression on Dr Yurttas is bad, he only talked for 5 minutes, simply said Femur? No. Tibias? Yes. Surgery tomorrow done. I was still going to go ahead with him until I found out a few things (I can only reveal on PM)

shortisnotfun

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2023, 07:34:02 PM »

I'm back.

I'd advise anyone who is considering to do surgery with Dr Yurttas to rethink and choose someone else. I had my surgery booked 1 month in advance, once I got to the hotel, everything seemed good, I was shown around, I looked at the physio; everything was okay.

But, my impression on Dr Yurttas is bad, he only talked for 5 minutes, simply said Femur? No. Tibias? Yes. Surgery tomorrow done. I was still going to go ahead with him until I found out a few things (I can only reveal on PM)

Hello, I did surgery with Yurttas, my impression was good. I think in your case, you had low bone density? That may be the reason you were denied a femur surgery. Did the doctor you went to next check your bone density before doing surgery on you?
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

KrP1

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2023, 12:13:45 AM »

if your impresion was bad, don't go with him or you will regret. This is a serious surgery.

Unknown

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2023, 11:34:52 AM »

Why did u have a bad impression of him?

Werewolf

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2023, 01:03:03 PM »

I'd advise anyone who is considering to do surgery with Dr Yurttas to rethink and choose someone else.
Good boy ;D halil buldu - yuksel - dr yunus, stay away from them. I've never heard good things about them on this forum and elsewhere.
List of I fked :)
@Bukibuki - @Kanye Western - @DanishViking - @shortisnotfun - @EndGame - @ballsackoffury123

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2023, 03:59:40 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up