Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humerus lengthening is 100% necessary for quadrilateral LL  (Read 462 times)

AnotherLLer

After taking a closer look on various quadrilateral patients on LLT videos, I came to a conclusion that most of them look really bad, especially with massive lengthenings of over 10 cm in total. The short arms are more obvious with overlengthened femurs (after 6 cm) but when both segments are lengthened for a total of 4+ inches, the disproportion between arms and body is much more apparent.

IMO Apo did the right choice lengthening his humerus. I've seen his past photos without humerus lengthening and he looks much better post AL. I think that 5 cm in humerus is the upper limit for non-dwarf individuals and makes the proportions post quadrilateral LL much better, especially on guys who lengthened more than 4 inches in total.

Since I can get away with external tibia and humerus with pretty affordable prices and I'm going to lengthen my femurs in the end for 8 cm, I think that after 6 cm tibia lengthening it would be wise to lengthen my humerus for 5 cm and become ready for femur lengthening in the future in advance. My armspan is the same as my current height and I'm sure I won't look good after femur lengthening and more than 4 inches of LL in total without AL.

There's no point in gaining massive height with double LL and not looking masculine enough due to short arms. Long humerus is awesome for building huge arms and look brutal, especially with added height with LL.

slowed & reverb

Re: Humerus lengthening is 100% necessary for quadrilateral LL
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 07:55:43 AM »

a few cms shorter wingspan is nothing to be afraid of, however when you get to 5+ you might want to consider it, but idk it feels useless, not many people will eye your arms when they look at you and your height
Want to get Precice 2 Tibias and Femurs in 2 years 5+4cm

Body Builder

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 12:33:00 PM »

Humerus lengthening is only necessary for dwarves. Anyone else who does it is a madman.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2024, 04:31:36 PM »

Compare Conor's arms with Artem's and you'll see why having short arms is bad for overall proportions.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 04:39:44 PM »

It's one thing to lose a percentage of athletic ability in the legs, it's another to lose any in the arms. Not a good idea, imo, to risk any loss of dexterity, stamina or sensation in the arms/hands/fingers.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

YOUNGandSTRONG

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2024, 08:39:21 PM »

The past year I had in mind arm LL but I meditated on it better and it's not worth it at all, at least me, refuse to lose my arm strength and mobility. Think about it, by doing legs you are already going to lose a large percentage of your body mobility and if you do arms you will be totally "useless" unable to carry out certain activities in your daily life or even fight or defend yourself. Imagine that you have a situation where you have to defend yourself or your girl, what will you do? You will remain like a fking lump who couldn't even defend his girl.. just do a intelligent and safe amount of LL where you won’t be forced to do arms
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

overandover

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2024, 11:39:02 PM »

It's one thing to lose a percentage of athletic ability in the legs, it's another to lose any in the arms. Not a good idea, imo, to risk any loss of dexterity, stamina or sensation in the arms/hands/fingers.

are you planning for femur lengthening as well?

bilbobaggins

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2024, 11:48:39 PM »

Humerus lengthening is the easiest limb to lengthen lol. And looking like a trex is terrible. It will make you look shorter for your height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up