Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur or Tibia  (Read 17943 times)

coppkillr

Femur or Tibia
« on: August 30, 2014, 10:26:41 PM »

Hello.

I am struggling if I should do tibia or femur lengthing.

I am 177cm tall. My femur to tibia ratio is 81.3%
Femur: 46cm
Tibia 37,6cm
wingspan 178cm

I would like to do only 5 cm as I think more is to risky and will destroy my proportions.
I wanted to go for femur as it is faster consolidating and less risky.

I have created mockups:

Original
http://image-upload.de/image/3fFIRq/940232ac5e.jpg

Femur 5cm
http://image-upload.de/image/goJV65/d597fddb3d.jpg

Tibia 5cm
http://image-upload.de/image/ruxdIa/3b8a4d879b.jpg

What do you guys think?
banned for blatantly lying that "pro betz diaries are deleted and Blocked often."    wrong,  Pro-Betz diaries are not deleted or blocked here, ever.

GeTs

Re: Femur or Tibia
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:34:23 PM »

another 5'10, those short guys must be mad now, btw do tibia, are u 177cm at your lowest?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:19:02 AM »

I think your femur image looks better, but when doing 5 cm, tibias is way cheaper and the risks arent significantly higher. either could work.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 02:07:19 AM »

You look like a tibia patient to me.  They're kind of short in proportion to the rest of your body.  And that slight bowing could be fixed also in the process.

coppkillr

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 08:39:55 AM »

Why do you think my tibias are short? As far as I have googled .8 is the avarage femur/tibia ratio. Thus my tibia are little shorter than my femurs.

I want to go  with internal nails. Also I am afraid of the scars. Thus I tend to do internal femur with e.g Betz.

I read that tibia with internal nails is risky and thus they recommend external methods with tibia. But there I will get lots of scars and have the risk of infections right?

Next problem I have is that I can only stay 6 monts away from my job.

I appreciate your input!
banned for blatantly lying that "pro betz diaries are deleted and Blocked often."    wrong,  Pro-Betz diaries are not deleted or blocked here, ever.

coppkillr

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »

Why do most prefer here tibia? In the old forum only femur seems to be done by the patients.

Can Someone Help me with descission.
Tibia seems to be only bc of money the right choise.
But Perhaps also bc of proportions? If I Do femur i would have 0.73 ratio. I not sure if this would look way off.

GeTs

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 07:41:36 PM »

Why do most prefer here tibia? In the old forum only femur seems to be done by the patients.

Can Someone Help me with descission.
Tibia seems to be only bc of money the right choise.
But Perhaps also bc of proportions? If I Do femur i would have 0.73 ratio. I not sure if this would look way off.
because they're externals, which if I remember correct avoids knee pain, because of budget is a huge reason also and because well tibs are normally shorter so doing them will have a better aesthetic view

coppkillr

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »

What are you suggesting?
Money is no problem for me.
With externals I am scared about risk and scars.
Femur I am little worried about proportions.

srimech123

• Hi, nice to meet you!
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »

Not sure really. Depends on what kind of walking stance you would like. You would have longer strides if you did your femurs.  But either way, you won't be out of proportion
173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!

Taller

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »

Look at the femurs on male supermodel Andres Velencoso:

He is 6'4 or 193CM. This is a look I wouldn't mind having.

coppkillr

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 06:42:15 AM »

I cannot say if he has long femur or tibia.

What do you think about 0.73 ratio?

srimech123

• Hi, nice to meet you!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 10:23:46 AM »

0.73 isn't that bad I don't think
173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!

coppkillr

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »

So you would also go for femur?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 01:38:40 PM »

In some of those photos it looks pretty bad to have such long femurs imo (like the one where he is sitting down), in others it looks good.

I guess since this guy is a model and have such good all around looks (no homo) and is fit, it doesnt really matter that his femurs are so long, but i have no doubt it would look a bit better if he had a slightly longer torso and a more balanced femur/tibia ratio.

srimech123

• Hi, nice to meet you!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »

I say... wow. Andres Velosco either had LL, or he has a really short torso for a 6'4" guy.  Well, the thing is people don't care about his proportions, they just know that he is very tall

Taller

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »

I say... wow. Andres Velosco either had LL, or he has a really short torso for a 6'4" guy.  Well, the thing is people don't care about his proportions, they just know that he is very tall

Exactly. You nailed it. And he still makes millions each year as one of the world's top male models, in no small part due to his tallness.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:16:14 PM by Taller »

GeTs

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »

Exactly. You nailed it. And he still makes millions each year as one of the world's top male models, in no small part due to his tallness.
look at alexander ferrario's tibias :o

coppkillr

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 07:22:36 PM »

It seems he has average 0.8 ratio.

I still would like to know if 0.73 ratio will be visible to others. I don't want anybody to know my lentghing.
I am afraid to be unhappier than before bc of unproportions

coppkillr

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 09:43:08 PM »

I am still unsure what to do. Is there someone with 0.73 ratio or less. Does it look freaky? Do you think I can walk after 4 months without noticing that I did surgery?
I would go for 4-5 cm. It would be better with internal I think.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 05:03:45 AM »

There is very little difference between a .8 ratio and a .73 ratio, so don't worry about looking freaky.  My ratio is 1 and I look fine.

You probably won't be walking completely normally after just 4 months no matter what type of surgery you get.

coppkillr

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »

So you would go for internal femur?
How long does it take to recover with 5cm?

coppkillr

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »

What would be the right choice. IT is so hard to decide.

Uppland

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 03:40:09 PM »

It looks great either way mate and I mean that (no homo eh?). Actually think longer legs would be nice, give off a sort of powerful impression and makes you appear more slim. Nothing too excessive though.

5 cm seems perfect maybe even 4 cm X 2 would look good. You're already taller than most on here so your proportions can take a little extra change before looking weird.
Remember to mind your arm lenght, don't wanna appear the T -rex.

Good luck.

coppkillr

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 06:27:32 PM »

Thx for your words. My armlenght is only 178. But i am also quite slim. So no brought shoulders.
Would you go for femurs with betz?

coppkillr

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »

So What to do now? Precise 2 in USA? I live in germany so Betz would be easier for me. I am So afraid He leaves me crippled. Damn decision. A year ago He had the best nail. Whats wrong with this betznail? Does He not improve it?

Uppland

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »

Don't know that much about different doctors, techniques or procedures but would you really sacrifice even a little bit of safety just because it's more comfortable not to go abroad, or more expensive. I would pay double and go to North Korea if it meant less risk or a better chance at full recovery nothing is more important to me and if you think about it I'm sure you feel the same way.

If you end up not being able to run for more than 15 minutes for the rest of your life just because you wanted to save money or get it done quicker you will hate yourself I guarantee it.

coppkillr

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 07:13:46 AM »

Sure. The Point is that betz is one of the Most expensive doctors.

Metanoia

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »

Hi,

Dr. Betz is indeed not to be recommended. He has a high complication rate and is not trustworthy. He is always lying. German law also has no real patient protection.
Did you talk with Guichet? He seems to be more trustworthy.

coppkillr

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »

Gichuit requires this damn test.

Metanoia

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 12:10:29 PM »

Gichuit requires this damn test.
Man, if you are serious about LL this should not be a problem. I am living in a world of regret that i went to Betz and got completely fked up. What's this flexibility test in comparison? Actually it shows Guichet is more serious. Or do you think those Photoshop mock-ups from Daniela have any real value other than selling you a dream?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up