Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Need an Advice - Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas  (Read 4947 times)

AlphaX

Need an Advice - Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas
« on: June 01, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »

Hello everyone !

I am seeking your help in the LL procedure.
First, I want to say that my budget is 60k and wants to gain 10 cm. moreover, I think (85% sure) to follow the procedure with Dr. Giotikas.

For a gain of 10 cm I have to operate on the tibia + femur. So possibly 6 femur and 4 tibia. I am disponnible to make me operate between November and March.

However, I do not know which procedure to choose, all have their advantages and disadvantages. Stryde will not be available in Europe until next year, according to the doctor (I have no exact date on when it will be available). I will try to explain my situation as clearly as possible.

Plan A: TSF tibia + Precice 2 Femur (cross-lateral) -> 54.000 euros

This is the most basic procedure I can follow. However, I will have to keep the frames (TSF) for 6 months at least but the limit is not the most important.
In addition, I do not understand too .. The idea is that one operates for example the right tibia and the left femur in order to have a leg to move. However, when we do the second operation. we will make the left tibia and the right femur. Does this mean that the left leg (or did it precede 2 first) will be strong enough to be used as a support for walking?

Plan B: TSF tibia + Stryde Femur -> 60.000 euros

The idea will be to start in November by TSF only then see next year to make Stryde on femur.
In any case I should need crutch (I think) to move me as I will have TSF on shin.
The doctor has never done any surgery with Stryde (I guess being given that it's still not available).
I do not know when Stryde will be available so impossible to plan anything or get organized. This method has many advantages compared to Precice 2.
Moreover, if I realize that it will not be dispordible in the year I will be forced to be operated by Precice 2 on both femur and find myself in a wheelchair ..

Plan C: Stryde Tibia + Stryde Femur -> +80.000 euros

If we do not take into consideration the price factor. I think it's the best option. However, I still do not know if will be really available at the beginning of next year. In addition, the doctor never practice Stryde, although I trust him.

I am not an expert in the field and there is surely a lot of factor that I do not take into account it is for his that I defer to you and your opinion!
If I make a mistake please correct me :)

Thanks you !
24 years | LON on Femur done.

Starting height : 174.5cm |  Final: 182-183cm |  Dr. Yuksel Wannabetaller team

doomsday

Re: Need an Advice - Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »

TSF with external frame for around 8 months... I had externals and it is a stupid idea. Would never do  pure externals. IMO , considering being former LL patient. Test option for you needing 10 cm would be doing femurs with precice and then LATN. Easient imo would be doing 4 cm LATN in russia with hexapod. 2 months for lengthening then nailing and 6 months to fully recover. Then femurs in Greece. Only because one doctor does this type of surgery when he combines TSF and LATN doesnt mean it the best option.
PS I had TSF and its mainly for fixing malignant. Not cosmetic LL where getting patient to a full recover and soon as possible is the most important aspect.

AlphaX

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 02:52:26 PM »

Thank you for your answer !

I see .. but doing Precice 2 puts me in a wheelchair for quite a few months if i don't make Cross-lateral.

It's pretty hard as a decision to make ..

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »

If you have plenty of time, then the best for you is stryde in femurs and then tsf only in tibias.

Tsf frames are the best, less invasive and most safe way to do tibia LL and even if they dont need time their benefits are too much to compensate for that (stability and malunion correction the moat important of all).
I had externals (monorails though) for almost a year but if things eent completely well I wouldnt mind at all. LL is not a time attack, its completely about having a good result for the rest of your life.

Great321

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »

Bodybuilder, what about TSF first and then Stryde?

@AlphaX do you know how many times Dr. Giotikas did the external method?

AlphaX

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »

Yes ! You're totally right..

All the trouble is money in my case.

The only one that offers (not yet but soon) Stryde with an affordable price is Dr. Giotikas. So if I'm doing TSF
 shin and then Femur with Stryde, the only person who can meet the criteria is this doctor.

IF, I realize that finally Stryde will not be done until many months or even year. I think I would be a little disgusted not to have done cross-lateral..
If it was not a question of money I would have done Stryde on femur by Dr. Lee who is more experperate for 64,000 euros.

So either I choose to cross-side but I miss the possibility that Stryde is disponnible in January / February. Either I start with TSf and I wait for the femur with Stryde but I take a risk of not being able to operate if Dr Giotikas does not offer the service.

But for me I thought rather make TSF first since it is what is the most binding with the frames and less expensive.

@Great321 Hello ! :) Yes I asked him and he has already operated a lot of time via TSF in both cosmetic and non-cosmetic cases.

AlphaX

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »

@BodyBuilder For you, what’s the real advantage to make Stryde on femure - Tsf on tibia to cross-lateral ?

lucindaris

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 04:22:41 PM »

What is the cost for tsf on tibia with Giotikas? Is that still 22600 euro?

Great321

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »

AlphaX

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »

Yes this is the same price that he confirm me on the online appointment.

Body Builder

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 04:53:35 PM »

No difference.

@ Alpha X: stryde offers full weight bearing abilities on a magmetic nail. It cant be better. It is the revolution of LL.
Cross LL is a big mistake. I dont suggest it regardless of the combination (segment and method).
Each segment must be lengthened on its own and about a year after the first segment's consolidation you could do the second. Nothing else.

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »

24x external CLL. But if you include non-CLL, he handled over 100 cases per year for the last 5 years.

AlphaX

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 06:56:23 PM »

Thank you for your answers.

I think you're right BodyBuilder I'll give up the idea of ​​doing Cross-LL and focus on Stryde + TSF! Health is more important than money or money.

Thank you so much

dan56

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 07:03:56 PM »

maybe you can ask Dr Giotikas about taking the 4 segment deal but to separate the two stages so you'll come back a year or two later.
something like to reserve the right to add the difference and proceed with the surgery.
I know i will be interested in such option.
English isn't my native language. Please feel free when you quote me to add a footnote with correction. Tnx

AlphaX

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 07:13:10 PM »

Yes I think it can be done! But for him it is necessary to move directly on the spot to discuss it with him.

One of us (on the forum) to a meeting soon with him in Athens. I wait to see what he will answer and then if that's why not :)

I would really like to know how much they offer Stryde. Exact prices and dates.

:Captain America:

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 08:54:10 PM »

Hey AlphaX,

My surgery is in Oct for precise femur with Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas. We should definitely hang out after the surgery.

Great321

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 09:23:45 PM »

@Man of Steel I will probably start with TSF with Dr. Giotikas in October :)

:Captain America:

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 09:30:09 PM »

Hey Great321,

So we shall all hang out then. Got any chatting appwe can stay connected?

AlphaX

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 09:47:50 PM »

I start with TSF on tibia at the latest in November!

Yes it may be nice not to be alone down there ahah! I always look at my personal messages on the forum I send you a message in something like 1 hour because you cannot send more than 2 message per hour!

Great321

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 11:23:11 PM »

I have sent you a PM

Johnson1111

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 06:20:37 AM »

FYI Pili and others will be offering STRYDE at a similar price upon it's arrival not just Giotikas.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 01:43:31 AM »

Hello everyone !

I am seeking your help in the LL procedure.
First, I want to say that my budget is 60k and wants to gain 10 cm. moreover, I think (85% sure) to follow the procedure with Dr. Giotikas.

For a gain of 10 cm I have to operate on the tibia + femur. So possibly 6 femur and 4 tibia. I am disponnible to make me operate between November and March.

However, I do not know which procedure to choose, all have their advantages and disadvantages. Stryde will not be available in Europe until next year, according to the doctor (I have no exact date on when it will be available). I will try to explain my situation as clearly as possible.

Plan A: TSF tibia + Precice 2 Femur (cross-lateral) -> 54.000 euros

This is the most basic procedure I can follow. However, I will have to keep the frames (TSF) for 6 months at least but the limit is not the most important.
In addition, I do not understand too .. The idea is that one operates for example the right tibia and the left femur in order to have a leg to move. However, when we do the second operation. we will make the left tibia and the right femur. Does this mean that the left leg (or did it precede 2 first) will be strong enough to be used as a support for walking?

Plan B: TSF tibia + Stryde Femur -> 60.000 euros

The idea will be to start in November by TSF only then see next year to make Stryde on femur.
In any case I should need crutch (I think) to move me as I will have TSF on shin.
The doctor has never done any surgery with Stryde (I guess being given that it's still not available).
I do not know when Stryde will be available so impossible to plan anything or get organized. This method has many advantages compared to Precice 2.
Moreover, if I realize that it will not be dispordible in the year I will be forced to be operated by Precice 2 on both femur and find myself in a wheelchair ..

Plan C: Stryde Tibia + Stryde Femur -> +80.000 euros

If we do not take into consideration the price factor. I think it's the best option. However, I still do not know if will be really available at the beginning of next year. In addition, the doctor never practice Stryde, although I trust him.

I am not an expert in the field and there is surely a lot of factor that I do not take into account it is for his that I defer to you and your opinion!
If I make a mistake please correct me :)

Thanks you !

Dr. Giotikas offers stryde? you sure? his website says only precise.

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 01:48:07 AM »

maybe you can ask Dr Giotikas about taking the 4 segment deal but to separate the two stages so you'll come back a year or two later.
something like to reserve the right to add the difference and proceed with the surgery.
I know i will be interested in such option.

his website says 4 segment deal is only available if the surgeries are done within 6 months of each other - it is not like you come back one year or two later and get the package/deal.

AlphaX

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 08:30:55 AM »

Yes i think you have to wait 3 month between the 2 operation so it makes 6 month. Or, you can start with TSF on shin and then make Stryde in 2019 for 4000-5000€ more!

Johnson1111

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2018, 01:36:19 AM »

Why don’t you guys just ask him an estimate of when you think he’ll have Stryde available? So if he says 2019 say late 2019 or early 2019?

zakika

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »

He said early (jan-feb) 2019 he'll have Stryde.
171 cm - TSF-tibia (5cm)+Stryde femur (5-6 cm) Giotikas - aim 180-182 cm

AlphaX

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 09:29:31 AM »

@Johnson1111 I asked him bro he told me he don't know the exact date but yes as @zakika said it's for January or february we have to wait ! But we don't have any certitude about the exact date because he don't know!

zakika

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »

Anyway, I'll meet him on monday in Athens, and will ask all the specifics to him, as I'm planning either this summer, or early (or when it will be available) next year with stryde.

If u guys have any (objective) questions, let me know, I'll ask him. I just put the word "objective", as panic creation' vs. overly confident direction' both are excluded.

AlphaX

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »

1 - Will Stryde be available before March? (January / February) just to have confirmation and if it's sure.

2- How long after the lengthening phase should we wait to walk without support?

3- Does Stryde allow for greater elongation and faster consolidation?

(This question is for TSF on Tibia)
4- After how long do we remove the frames if we want to have surgery on TSF on tibia?

Thank you !

Shadow91

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 12:28:45 PM »

Zakika, could you please ask him about how many internal femur patients he has had .

zakika

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »

All these questions are already on my list (some of them I already asked 2 months ago on the phone/skype), plus I would like to see patients if possible (however I doubt he has as many CLL patients, it is reality). For me the 1st priority (as Europeans with Precice nail tend to be less experienced in general) is his ortophedic background, the way he interprets the process+his personality in general (how he seems to handle unseen events, however it is hard to predict). A huge positive he's working in NHS/UK, so in my opinion (in advance) about the quality of professional expertise should be good (similar to Dr Birkholtz).

If anyone has any information about EU-citizens and complication coverage  feel free to share pls.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up