Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android's Cross Lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh (2018)  (Read 42425 times)

Michael01

Re: Android's Cross Lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh (2018)
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2019, 07:12:30 PM »

Wrong thread

sylar94

« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2019, 06:20:03 PM »

Did Android die?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2020, 09:41:56 PM »

Did Android die?

He is alive as of June 22 where his most recent update on Instagram shows a walking video and a long update about his progress. His Insta is @android_cll

From June 22, 2020 on his Instagram:

"I'm alive! Recap, I got my left femur and right tibia lengthened via Ilizarov. While left thigh is fine from the lengthening, the same left lower leg had foot drop due to nerve damage (no cuts or tears, it's due to traction). I have sensory and motor loss, meaning most of my lower leg and foot is numb and can't move.

It's been quite a while, but I've made progress. Plantar flexion (pointing foot down) is quite good now, I can almost lift my own weight. You can see the calf muscle now, was completely flat not long ago. I can move left and right, but no dorsiflexion (lifting foot up) yet; the foot moves, but not perfectly up.

My physical therapist is impressed with my progress, since I had little to no movement when I started. We're quite confident in the recovery process, and hope to see dorsiflexion soon. It feels like yesterday that my plantar flexion was barely visible, but it's very normal now.

Second video is a side view of me walking with the brace on. Keeps my ankle from flopping around, and of course keeps the foot at a 90 degree angle so that I don't drag my feet and trip! It's quite hard right now since it was custom made many months ago, but due to my improvements, my physical therapist is considering alterations to make it more flexible so that I can use my own muscles more.

FYI, my weekly physical therapy sessions consist of using the EMS machine (10 minutes each of three placements on left leg), stationary bike for 15 min, stretches and exercises with physical therapist, and of course..Chatting. It's important to get along with your therapist!

Last video is climbing the stairs. I don't need hand rails, though it was scary climbing while filming myself :D

Sorry about the jerky video, but my phone is on its last legs (no pun intended). Anyway, thanks for reading, and have a good (and safe) day!

P.S. - the pandemic is awful, nut now I have a pretty good excuse as to my disappearance huh? :D"

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

exceeding2meters

« Reply #220 on: December 27, 2020, 01:07:04 PM »

I read almost the whole diary, unless I miss something, I understand that Android developed a complication while on the 1st stage of cross lengthening? And he did not as a consequence do the next stage?

So now he is basically having difficulties with his legs and on top of this having one leg with long femur and other with long tibia? And just hope his complication resolves so he can do the next step?

Damn, cross lengthening is much riskier than I thought.
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

c

« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2021, 12:52:33 PM »

你还好吗

ReadRothbard

« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2022, 09:59:51 PM »

I read almost the whole diary, unless I miss something, I understand that Android developed a complication while on the 1st stage of cross lengthening? And he did not as a consequence do the next stage?

So now he is basically having difficulties with his legs and on top of this having one leg with long femur and other with long tibia? And just hope his complication resolves so he can do the next step?

Damn, cross lengthening is much riskier than I thought.

Yeah, I'd never do cross lengthening. From what I read, there's just too much that can go wrong--even with an amazing doctor like Dr. Solomin. I'll just suck it up and do bilaterial tibias, then I'll get internal femurs after I'm fully recovered and lifting the same weight (or more) than I could pre-op.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

saltedchocolate

« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2023, 09:56:36 AM »

He is alive as of June 22 where his most recent update on Instagram shows a walking video and a long update about his progress. His Insta is @android_cll

From June 22, 2020 on his Instagram:

"I'm alive! Recap, I got my left femur and right tibia lengthened via Ilizarov. While left thigh is fine from the lengthening, the same left lower leg had foot drop due to nerve damage (no cuts or tears, it's due to traction). I have sensory and motor loss, meaning most of my lower leg and foot is numb and can't move.

It's been quite a while, but I've made progress. Plantar flexion (pointing foot down) is quite good now, I can almost lift my own weight. You can see the calf muscle now, was completely flat not long ago. I can move left and right, but no dorsiflexion (lifting foot up) yet; the foot moves, but not perfectly up.

My physical therapist is impressed with my progress, since I had little to no movement when I started. We're quite confident in the recovery process, and hope to see dorsiflexion soon. It feels like yesterday that my plantar flexion was barely visible, but it's very normal now.

Second video is a side view of me walking with the brace on. Keeps my ankle from flopping around, and of course keeps the foot at a 90 degree angle so that I don't drag my feet and trip! It's quite hard right now since it was custom made many months ago, but due to my improvements, my physical therapist is considering alterations to make it more flexible so that I can use my own muscles more.

FYI, my weekly physical therapy sessions consist of using the EMS machine (10 minutes each of three placements on left leg), stationary bike for 15 min, stretches and exercises with physical therapist, and of course..Chatting. It's important to get along with your therapist!

Last video is climbing the stairs. I don't need hand rails, though it was scary climbing while filming myself :D

Sorry about the jerky video, but my phone is on its last legs (no pun intended). Anyway, thanks for reading, and have a good (and safe) day!

P.S. - the pandemic is awful, nut now I have a pretty good excuse as to my disappearance huh? :D"

are there any updates on android's condition?
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2023, 04:05:02 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up