Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 11cm on femurs internal Bliskunov with Drs Dragan and Jamal in Kiev in 2004  (Read 17235 times)

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.

Hey everyone, just joined. Being above a certain height is every ambition person's dream. I won't go into the merits of stature, but I was 171cm (around 5 ft 7) at the age of 29. For a lot of people, that was good height, but I wasn't content.  Obviously at that age, your growth plates are locked and growing naturally isn't really possible, no matter which exercises you do.  I tried everything from inversion (hanging upside down) to all the stretches you can do, to no avail.
The internet wasn't as developed as it is today, but I was fortunate enough to learn about Professor Bliskunov's internal rod method. The Ilizarov external devices, requiring extended hospitalisation/bed stay and horrendous scarring, never appealed to me. So after some further research, I opted for surgery in Kiev, Ukraine. The year was 2004. I achieved 11cm in around 4.5 months and now stand at 182cm or around 6ft. Nobody has ever told me I looked disproportional.
One of the best things I ever did. Suffices to say I am delighted with my height and have been for many years, I am so thankful to the doctors here, I have so much more confidence and I am more at ease with myself. I can run, jump and do all the activities I did previously. Fast forward 14 years and I am back in this beautiful city with a view to staying here long term.  If anyone here is considering the surgical route, I am more than happy to meet you, offer advice, mentoring etc. Having someone who's been there and done it is a great advantage to have. This is unlike any other surgery. The doctor will operate on you and break your bones, but healing and growing is up to you. As reported elsewhere, there are four phases to LL: Preparation, Surgery, Lengthening and Strengthening. I've seen some patients/rich kids who have skipped the first part to their detriment. You have to be mentally, physically, psychologically and to an extent financially ready.  LL is expensive surgery and with so many doctors and clinics touting for your business nowadays, it is important to be armed with as much information as possible in order to make the right decision for oneself.
Feel free to contact me.

Oh and by the way, I just read Rocky's post. I was his visitor :)  To correct him, my surgery was in 2004, rods were taken out in 2006.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:33:48 PM by taller_in_Kiev »

taller_in_Kiev

A pic speaks a thousand words as they say. For those interested, I can talk about life post LL, has it been worth it etc.

totallyred

Did you do IT band release? What are its complications  if any did you face (both cases if you did or if you didn't)?

Internal femurs would cause a loss of rich bone marrow. How does body cope up with the loss? Did you face lower blood count or lack of HGB in blood count leading to feeling of weakness prior to removal of rods?

After the rods were removed, did you get your x-rays, are you bones fully consolidated, has the bone marrow regenerated fully in your bones?

You seem to have a a long post op experience, can you comment on whether there is any negative impact healthwise in long term due to LL?

Have you gained your 100% if no, what is  lost due to LL flexiblity, athleticism, pain, arthritis?

taller_in_Kiev

Sorry what's IT band release?
Thankfully I had little complications. I think the doctor gave me some additional supplements to increase red blood cell count for a while, but other than that, I just followed a healthy diet. Lots of dairy, fresh fruits, meat and veg etc.
Of course the bones were fully consolidated before rods were taken out. Or do you think they would remove them otherwise?
Only negatives are slight loss of flexibilty, but that can be attained with regular stretching. Sitting down on the floor in certain positions for extended periods can cause discomfort. Lengthening just one part of the body will render you out of proportion no matter which way you look at it, but the benefits for me far outweigh any negs. I'd do it again.

congratulations. Your proportions look fine, I couldnt notice which segment you lengthened till I reread the title. How did you deal with the pain? Im guessing you were very much in shape. Im happy for you. Im only 164 and want to lengthen 20cm total but, man, it sounds painful. what did your tendons feel like when you hit 7-9 cm?

taller_in_Kiev

taller_in_Kiev

Thanks pal.  Of course there is some degree of pain, but everyone has a different pain threshold. I was always thinking of the end result and how happy I'd be to reach my goal, so perhaps I didn't feel it so much. You get given painkillers and it's not unbearable pain. Right after surgery maybe, but once you settle in and start lengthening, it's ok.   Yeh, I've always kept in good shape thankfully, ate healthy etc, that helped too I guess. 

totallyred

Thanks for the reply and congratulations too!
It band is required in cases of femur lengthening, just like Achilles tendon lengthening for tibia.
So as a successful LLer with 14 year of post op experience, you mean to say there are very few or almost negligible impacts of LL on long term health and flexibility? Can say surgery is a win-win situation for any person to undertake? Please confirm.

Johnson1111

Thanks for the reply and congratulations too!
It band is required in cases of femur lengthening, just like Achilles tendon lengthening for tibia.
So as a successful LLer with 14 year of post op experience, you mean to say there are very few or almost negligible impacts of LL on long term health and flexibility? Can say surgery is a win-win situation for any person to undertake? Please confirm.

Great question just commenting here so I can get a notification from the response

taller_in_Kiev

If I didn't know what It was, I'm sure I didn't need it.  You don't mean like a graft do you, in case of non-union? If so, I didn't need that either, thank God.

I believe Dr Jamal's method has advanced some more since I did mine. He now gives you stem cell injections for faster recovery and bone regen.

In regards to your question about life post LL, absofeckinglutely it has been worth it!  Very few negs and positives far far outweigh such. Like I said in my opening post, I am very grateful to Dr Jamal and the medical team here in Kiev.

But if you think I am living happily ever after, you'd be wrong too.  Of course I achieved a lifetime goal and for that I am very happy, but life has many challenges and human nature is such that we return to our normal states once the jubilation of something is over. Chances are if you are an unhappy person prior to LL, you might continue to be so, but only taller. I have a balanced view so I'd say I am definitely happier and more at ease.

totallyred

No, it's different it's like elongation of an elastic band which runs from hip to knee by way of making incision, I hope you didn't have to go through it if you don't know about it.

Anyways, a lot of hearty thanks for the detailed answers and replies. Your unmatched experience of 14 years post LL  would be a great treasure and support for  for anxious and potential  LLers here. Please visit this forum regularly to help them. Wishing you a great future and health.

taller_in_Kiev

No, I defo didn't need that.   Are you someone considering LL?
Thanks pal. Wishing you the same!

Body Builder

11 cm are way too much.
You dont look bad at all but if you really did that much (I doubt it from the pics and from the fact that you didnt do itb release) then premature arthritis is almost inevitable for you.

Lengthening more than 8cm in amy segment is insane.
The consequences will be showm in the next years.

taller_in_Kiev

Haha, thanks for the heads up on what's awaiting me!  I'm 43 and so far so good.  I think I was lucky in that my femurs were shorter than normal for my pre-LL height, so although they're now much longer, they don't appear so much out of proportion. Dr J wants to take an x-ray soon. I'll be sure to post that.

I am not the only LL'er who put 11cm with the Bliskunov method. I've heard of at least one more. I think he was a local man. But don't expect him to appear on the board anytime soon.  Personally I think it's the best and most efficient method.

tlannister

taller_in_kiev, I suppose women were one of many reasons for doing this surgery.
Did you find your love? do you have family now?

taller_in_Kiev

Tlannister, women women.. especially these creatures that walk around Kiev, gives lust a whole new meaning. I actually met my love just prior to commencing surgery in '04. She helped me a lot actually and who knows if the result would've been the same  without her. I owe her much. Only I was too much of an idiot to keep her! We parted ways after a couple of years.  I then found love again some years later, but was still an idiot! So sadly I don't have my own family yet, but it's something I'm working on as a priority, maybe I've left it a little late, who knows?!
There's no doubt being taller increases your chances in the dating world, but it's something you have to reveal if you're going to get serious, or else how're you gonna explain the scars in the bedroom? Fortunately women think differently to men and if she likes you, revealing your LL shouldn't be a deal breaker.

myloginacc

Can you post pictures of your scars?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Rocky

Hello taller_in_Kiev

It was nice meeting you here in Kiev and hear about your journey. It gave me a boost of energy.

I am thinking about stopping at 8 cm (max 8.5 cm). Most likely end of July or beginning of August. I am thinking about adding 5-6 cm on my tibia for next year or so. But lets see.

It seems that you will stay permanently in Kiev.

Good luck and God bless you.

Current situation: Failed limb lengthening

Future goal: Even the legs & Non-union treatment... (Maybe shorten the legs to close the non-union)

taller_in_Kiev

Hi Rocky
No worries pal and it was a pleasure meeting you too. I think you are doing the right thing, spreading the gains across, but with a total of 13-14cm you are going to be one tall dude!  We will have to meet again when you're all healed up and you'll be towering over me lol!
My stay in Kiev is not certain at the mo, I will see.
Keep stretching, eat well and stay positive.
God bless you too!

taller_in_Kiev

Can you post pictures of your scars?

Sorry, not appropriate, but you will have scars. You're not going to hide this completely!  Everyone heals differently, unfortunately I have keloids. I had them cut out and lasered only in the last couple of years, so they're still a bit red and healing.  Having seen Rocky, I don't think his scars were so bad, so I think Dr Jamal's procedure has come a long way since I did it in '04.

taller_in_Kiev

By the way, if you are considering LL, unless you are very close with your family and you think they would understand if you told them, it is best not to tell anyone at all!  I only told a very close friend I knew I could confide in. For everyone else, it was a surprise upon my return.  And I still got all the tut tuts when they saw me on crutches!  They knew nothing about LL of course.

myloginacc

You can post full body pictures, but not those of your scars, despite all the years that have passed?

And cutting, lasering out keloids generally just means they'll most likely grow back, and even larger.

Removing the scar is one treatment option; however, it may result in more severe consequences: the probability that the resulting surgery scar will also become a keloid is high, usually greater than 50%

This is what happens with bad (e.g. surgical - without cryotherapy) keloidal treatment.

You got misdiagnosed, or you are lying.

I'm tired of all these pseudo-diaries where people can't produce the minimum evidence necessary, don't answer medically pertinent questions, and start crying wolf when pressed on.

For all we know these are just pics of a guy who is naturally that height. Not only that, the claim is 11cm - virtually unheard of -, and you are also claiming to be doing well.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

totallyred

Seems very plausible that the diary is fake... This further means Rocky is also fake as he claims to have met this guy.... both are then going to be paid advertisers of Jamal....   happens.

Johnson1111

Seems very plausible that the diary is fake... This further means Rocky is also fake as he claims to have met this guy.... both are then going to be paid advertisers of Jamal....   happens.

If the diary is fake why would Rocky use that callous gap pic he posted? And why would he say that he was advised to keep lengthening when it wouldn't show any signs of bridging and that "stem cell therapy" will be used instead. Seems like a pretty bad fake if he is one.

totallyred

If the diary is fake why would Rocky use that callous gap pic he posted? And why would he say that he was advised to keep lengthening when it wouldn't show any signs of bridging and that "stem cell therapy" will be used instead. Seems like a pretty bad fake if he is one.

Or let me ask otherwise, how could he meet a person and verify his credentials while person is hesitating to give even a minor proof of legitimacy. Why can't you give some proof that you are real CLLer?

taller_in_Kiev

Wow, I can't believe I'm reading this!  Some haters and doubters on these boards. I had 'Mr bag of good news' earlier telling me to look forward to arthritis lol.
What motivation would I have to post on here if indeed a fake? I have better things to do with my time. I am one of those that moved on with his life after LL. I had a career, went through a couple of marriages, only here cos I am back in Kiev and it was good meeting with Dr J again and his current patient Rocky. As a successful LLer I thought I'd share my experience with you guys and this is what I get in return? Fine, just to shut you bi@tches up, scar photos coming soon.  I'll take'em tomorrow. It's late here.

p.s. however, I am flattered that I look like a guy who is naturally that tall ) best compliment you can give me, cheers!
And can you please remove that vid about keloids, really not necessary!

taller_in_Kiev

Actually, this annoyed me to the point where I had to do it now.

Happy?  And I'm fairly happy with my scar revision surgery thank you.  Please remove that vid from my diary

myloginacc

I can't edit old posts, and those don't look like keloids. People tend to have the tendency to call hypertrophic scars (what those look like after scar revision) the same as if they were keloids. Keloids are a type of scarring only really prevalent in those of Sub-Saharan African ancestry.

Still, thank you for posting the pictures. You can't expect us all to believe someone who came here claiming he lengthened 11cm and is doing totally fine, specially now at over 40, and without seemingly any concrete proof at all. Most people here lengthened less and complain about small aches/feelings of stiffness everyday, not to mention an endurance loss.

PAGrb490

taller_in_Kiev

I can't edit old posts, and those don't look like keloids. People tend to have the tendency to call hypertrophic scars (what those look like after scar revision) the same as if they were keloids. Keloids are a type of scarring only really prevalent in those of Sub-Saharan African ancestry.

Still, thank you for posting the pictures. You can't expect us all to believe someone who came here claiming he lengthened 11cm and is doing totally fine, specially now at over 40, and without seemingly any concrete proof at all. Most people here lengthened less and complain about small aches/feelings of stiffness everyday, not to mention an endurance loss.

Yes sorry they're not keloids, apologies for the confusion.  Maybe ask the mod to remove the vid?

taller_in_Kiev

Endurance loss? Nope, can't relate to that either sorry. If anything I'd say my legs have gotten stronger. I'll post a YouTube vid soon
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:57:47 PM by taller_in_Kiev »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up