Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11cm on femurs internal Bliskunov with Drs Dragan and Jamal in Kiev in 2004  (Read 1279 times)

Very inspiring and strong of you to recover at that length especially since you got the surgery at 33 which is still young but not so much for a invasive procedure.  Dont let the haters get to you theyre paranoid from earlier troll accounts  and as said before glad yore enjoying tour new height   ;)

lucindaris

@taller_in_Kiev
How much did you pay 14y ago for surgery? I know it sounds silly but around ~3 mln from Ukraine work in Poland which is also not a good country if it comes to salary even in IT. I need to do outsourcing IT stuff for Benelux countries to get good amount of money, otherwise I wouldnt be able to afford internal methods.

What is in your opinion safe limit for one segment?

taller_in_Kiev

Very inspiring and strong of you to recover at that length especially since you got the surgery at 33 which is still young but not so much for a invasive procedure.  Dont let the haters get to you theyre paranoid from earlier troll accounts  and as said before glad yore enjoying tour new height   ;)

Thanks pal. I was 29 when I started ) about the haters, I don't.. and to be fair, I can understand how some reacted when I refused the request for scar photos. I wish everyone well here, whatever their goals. No point in wasting energy, especially mental energy, the highest form.  I have other challenges in my life currently. LL is way in the past for me, not something I think about anymore.

taller_in_Kiev

@lucindaris
I paid around $25k back then. Current price with Dr Jamal is around $48k + apt stay, maid etc. Thats for a standard gain of 7-8cm. More info on his page. You're looking at around 50k give or take, which is half the cost of western docs like guichet, paley, betz and others. I am not entirely up to date on their pricing so correct me if I'm wrong. In my opinion, 7-8cm is the safe limit, achievable with minimal complications and good recovery.
Best of luck with your business.

lucindaris

Thanks for the answer really appreciate that :)

myloginacc

Yes sorry they're not keloids, apologies for the confusion.  Maybe ask the mod to remove the vid?

I apologize for my tone too.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

taller_in_Kiev

No worries pal. Still wish that vid could be removed )

taller_in_Kiev

Get inspired folks, life post LL is good :)

taller_in_Kiev

As stated in my other posts, anyone considering having the surgery with the good Dr Jamal in Kiev, I am happy to provide mentoring and support during your LL journey at no additional cost to you. While I am here of course.  Time for me to give back to the LL world.

YellowSpike

Hey man - impressive lengthening! Your proportions don't look bad at all, considering you lengthened a crazy amount! I did 7cm, and I'm mostly happy with my proportions. All the women who've seen me nked have never commented (one just said "you have s*exy long legs" lol), and I've finally learned to squat with my long femurs (I have a certain stance I use, and weight lifting shoes that make my tibias "longer").

How was the recovery when you had the rods taken out? I'm having my rods out this fall (after almost 4 years having them - Dr. R thinks I should be fine to remove them at this point) and am a bit nervous. I think I'll be fine, but still a bit on my mind.

taller_in_Kiev

Hey pal, thanks for the kind words. I was greedy, what can I say? I was only going to do this once. My inspiration was an older dude of around 50 who had attained 9cm with the same doctor/method. I figured if he could do 9, I should aim for 11 given I was 20 years younger.
If it's a trade off between being able to squat hundreds of pounds Vs being taller, I'd choose the latter anyway!
You've had rods 4 years?!! I only had mine for 2. There is a little bit of soreness to go through again as your body has been accustomed to the metal, but it should only last a few days. You'll be fine, and once removed you'll only get better and stronger with nothing foreign inside your bones. Hope it all goes well.

YellowSpike

Hey pal, thanks for the kind words. I was greedy, what can I say? I was only going to do this once. My inspiration was an older dude of around 50 who had attained 9cm with the same doctor/method. I figured if he could do 9, I should aim for 11 given I was 20 years younger.
If it's a trade off between being able to squat hundreds of pounds Vs being taller, I'd choose the latter anyway!
You've had rods 4 years?!! I only had mine for 2. There is a little bit of soreness to go through again as your body has been accustomed to the metal, but it should only last a few days. You'll be fine, and once removed you'll only get better and stronger with nothing foreign inside your bones. Hope it all goes well.

I know exactly what you mean. I actually wanted to go for the full 8cm, but am actually now very happy I stopped at 7cm. My body was telling me it was time to stop, and my proportions I feel would have looked worse. They look fine now, especially because my quads and hamstrings are muscular again (I can deadlift 425 lbs and squat about 300 lbs now). But I agree on only wanting to have to go through this sh*t once. I was also in my very early 30s when I did this.

It will be 4 years this December! I kept them in because I had delayed consolidation on my left leg. I actually very narrowly avoided needing a bone graft. As of my last x-rays this past falls, both my legs are finally fully healed. I was going to remove them this past fall, but I changed jobs and had a lapse in insurance coverage as a result. So now looking at this fall (finally!). I'm a bit nervous (Dr. R says I have to wait a month to run or do weight training on my legs, which sucks a bit, but whatever), but excited to be rod free.

taller_in_Kiev

I would say wait even longer. The rods would've been bearing some load and it seems you're a heavy lifter. Last thing you want is for your bone to give way and you shrink!! 
Take it real easy in the gym I would say. Don't go for too much, build up again, listen to your body

YellowSpike

I would say wait even longer. The rods would've been bearing some load and it seems you're a heavy lifter. Last thing you want is for your bone to give way and you shrink!! 
Take it real easy in the gym I would say. Don't go for too much, build up again, listen to your body

Oh yeah for sure, I will. I'll probably start fairly light weights after a month, see how that feels, then slowly rebuild to where I was.

totallyred

Have the spaces in your bones healed? Have you taken x-rays of your legs post rod removal? Can you please post them here?

taller_in_Kiev

Yes all healed thanks God. Of course I had x-ray taken. I will take another soon, just a matter of finding time with Dr J, he's a busy man as you'll understand.

totallyred

Cool..plz post them here if/when you have one. Thanks!

totallyred

Cool..plz post them here if/when you have one. Thanks!
Taller_in_kiev post your x-rays man.

taller_in_Kiev

Soon, worry not. I don't have access to the x-ray room myself!  In response to your request for a seated sideways photo:

Remember, I am not denying I am out of proportion. Femur is longer of course, but it's a very acceptable trade-off for me. What matters is when you stand up. Of course, if I had done less, say 7 or 8cm it would be less obvious.

More photos standing up here:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9023.0 

totallyred

Soon, worry not. I don't have access to the x-ray room myself!  In response to your request for a seated sideways photo:

Remember, I am not denying I am out of proportion. Femur is longer of course, but it's a very acceptable trade-off for me. What matters is when you stand up. Of course, if I had done less, say 7 or 8cm it would be less obvious.

More photos standing up here:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9023.0

Thanks man a lot!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up