Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: starting boxing career after LL  (Read 2633 times)

Iso9

starting boxing career after LL
« on: August 07, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »

I want to quit sports until i got ll and cll, is it worth to start sport afterwards? Because the advantage of long legs is to big, i cant compete with guys who have long legs, so i need ll
temp banned for posting irrelevant topic in wrong section

Valiant

Re: starting boxing career after LL
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »

I want to quit sports until i got ll and cll, is it worth to start sport afterwards? Because the advantage of long legs is to big, i cant compete with guys who have long legs, so i need ll

Why would you want to quit Sports until you got LL done?. 

Your body needs to be prepared physically for LL and in its most optimal shape and this is where sports help. The fitter, more flexible you are can determine how  well you tolerate LL and how your recovery will go.

So the main purpose you want to do LL is to give you an edge over your opponent s in boxing?

If you get all the all clear from your surgeon/doctor then yes you can start sports. But be warned your athletic ability can be diminished post LL.

Johnson1111

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 10:37:27 AM »

Your career would end up being better if you don’t do LL and start boxing now.

KrP1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »

You are going yo be a verter boxer now

edwardv6

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 03:29:38 PM »

Have fun getting knocked out left and right because you have sh1t footwork after CLL. Also kiss any kind of power you have in your hands goodbye because you can't leverage your punches with your hips and legs like you can before CLL.

Matter fact, go watch Cotto vs Foreman and see how a knee injury nowhere as bad as what CLL would do to you, did to Foreman in that fight. Height doesn't win fights, and what about your arms? Your reach will still be the same. If you can't compete with taller dudes then ask yourself the real questions, what is it about their height, or style that's giving you trouble, how you're approaching boxing them, what can you change, how can you adjust, etc. and then applying it.

What's your current height and/or weight class?
banned for flaming/hostility

ramaka

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 04:20:16 PM »

LL will destroy your career before it even begins tbh plus unless you go for arm lengthening your reach will still be the same so what would be the point

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 04:45:27 PM »

Have fun getting knocked out left and right because you have sh1t footwork after CLL. Also kiss any kind of power you have in your hands goodbye because you can't leverage your punches with your hips and legs like you can before CLL.

Matter fact, go watch Cotto vs Foreman and see how a knee injury nowhere as bad as what CLL would do to you, did to Foreman in that fight. Height doesn't win fights, and what about your arms? Your reach will still be the same. If you can't compete with taller dudes then ask yourself the real questions, what is it about their height, or style that's giving you trouble, how you're approaching boxing them, what can you change, how can you adjust, etc. and then applying it.

What's your current height and/or weight class?

Are you aware of Sweden who did LL at 35 with a shady doctor and overlengthened (7cm tibia) and now still compete in Taekwondo (a martial art that involves legs far more than boxing does) at national level at the age of 40 with rods still inside his legs?

As for footwork, it depends on what kind of fighter you are. If you're like Muhammad Ali, then you're prob fked after LL because all he does is just running away. But George Foreman is a whole different thing. He barely uses any footwork, just stand there and hit. So was Sam Langford.

edwardv6

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 06:59:11 PM »

Are you aware of Sweden who did LL at 35 with a shady doctor and overlengthened (7cm tibia) and now still compete in Taekwondo (a martial art that involves legs far more than boxing does) at national level at the age of 40 with rods still inside his legs?

As for footwork, it depends on what kind of fighter you are. If you're like Muhammad Ali, then you're prob fked after LL because all he does is just running away. But George Foreman is a whole different thing. He barely uses any footwork, just stand there and hit. So was Sam Langford.
Because the competition and talent pool in Taekwondo tournaments are anything like boxing, MMA or any actual combat sport ::)

Your entire post revolves around the idea that if someone has done it, everyone can. Ever heard of the word sample size? 1 or 2 people's experience isn't proving sh1t. When you think like that, like a lot of members on here do, you're skewing the narrative to fits yours.

Footwork is going to matter no matter how much you want to minimize its importance. Especially if TS boxes in a weight class under middleweight, which is why I asked because I don't want to assume, how's he going to deal with the speed of everyone in the lower weight classes? Slow and plodding might work, if he was already a 6'4 250lb heavyweight with crazy power, sounds like someone...oh yea George Foreman. But if TS is 6'4, he probably wouldn't be here, would he?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:46:59 PM by edwardv6 »

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 03:36:52 AM »

Because the competition and talent pool in Taekwondo tournaments are anything like boxing, MMA or any actual combat sport ::)

Your entire post revolves around the idea that if someone has done it, everyone can. Ever heard of the word sample size? 1 or 2 people's experience isn't proving sh1t. When you think like that, like a lot of members on here do, you're skewing the narrative to fits yours.

Footwork is going to matter no matter how much you want to minimize its importance. Especially if TS boxes in a weight class under middleweight, which is why I asked because I don't want to assume, how's he going to deal with the speed of everyone in the lower weight classes? Slow and plodding might work, if he was already a 6'4 250lb heavyweight with crazy power, sounds like someone...oh yea George Foreman. But if TS is 6'4, he probably wouldn't be here, would he?

Dwight Muhammad Qawi is 5'7" and doesn't rely on footwork either. Stop making excuses. Sweden did it.

You got no speed? Then maximize your strength and power.

My point stays. Even if LL diminishes your athletic function to some extent, it doesn't have to be the end of everything. Just gotta adjust  . Anyway, if TS is short then his height itself is already a huge disadvantage in the first place, LL or not, if he gets into a streetfight with a much bigger guy.

edwardv6

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 04:17:46 AM »

Dwight Muhammad Qawi is 5'7" and doesn't rely on footwork either. Stop making excuses. Sweden did it.

You got no speed? Then maximize your strength and power.

My point stays. Even if LL diminishes your athletic function to some extent, it doesn't have to be the end of everything. Just gotta adjust  . Anyway, if TS is short then his height itself is already a huge disadvantage in the first place, LL or not, if he gets into a streetfight with a much bigger guy.
More assumptions lol for someone with the username Bruce Wayne, you'd expect intelligence.

So TS gets LL, can't utilize great footwork and now has to "maximize strength and power". You don't even watch fights do you? Power is not something you can just add, nobody would be pillow-fisted if you can "train power" lol. Also, how's TS throwing with power when his hips and legs are compromised lmfao? Anyhow, what a pathetic argument, because in this case TS has become a limited, crippled boxer and at a disadvantage because he simple can't do everything a normal person can do in boxing.

Street fights have more dangerous variables than height and weight, I don't expect you to understand, as you probably assume people fight fair on the streets lol

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 04:45:14 AM »

More assumptions lol for someone with the username Bruce Wayne, you'd expect intelligence.

So TS gets LL, can't utilize great footwork and now has to "maximize strength and power". You don't even watch fights do you? Power is not something you can just add, nobody would be pillow-fisted if you can "train power" lol. Also, how's TS throwing with power when his hips and legs are compromised lmfao? Anyhow, what a pathetic argument, because in this case TS has become a limited, crippled boxer and at a disadvantage because he simple can't do everything a normal person can do in boxing.

Street fights have more dangerous variables than height and weight, I don't expect you to understand, as you probably assume people fight fair on the streets lol

I train and I compete. I bet the most you do is just watching youtube video fights. I give you a very east experiment to do (because I know your level). Ask 2 same-sized guys to punch a bag, one is trained and one is not. Then tell me if you can train for your power.

It's not definitely not bad for a 40-year old crippled Sweden to still win Taekwondo national competitions.

edwardv6

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 04:51:58 AM »

I train and I compete. I bet the most you do is just watching youtube video fights. I give you a very east experiment to do (because I know your level). Ask 2 same-sized guys to punch a bag, one is trained and one is not. Then tell me if you can train for your power.

It's not definitely not bad for a 40-year old crippled Sweden to still win Taekwondo national competitions.

You bet I what? Here you go again assuming. Your little "experiment" has all to do with technique idiot, not raw punching power. That's how I know you don't train crapt and lol at the fact you think competing in TKD tournaments are anything to brag about as far as high level athleticism is involved. Just stop kid, you're delusional as hell.

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 05:07:13 AM »

You bet I what? Here you go again assuming. Your little "experiment" has all to do with technique idiot, not raw punching power. That's how I know you don't train crapt and lol at the fact you think competing in TKD tournaments are anything to brag about as far as high level athleticism is involved. Just stop kid, you're delusional as hell.

You think this kind of excercise is for technique. Spend more time training and less time on this forum then only you'll realize how much of a moron you are.

Competing in TKD tournaments are definitely more bragworthy, then typing on this forum making false arguments pretending to be a martial arts and LL expert.

edwardv6

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 06:09:32 AM »

You think this kind of excercise is for technique. Spend more time training and less time on this forum then only you'll realize how much of a moron you are.

Competing in TKD tournaments are definitely more bragworthy, then typing on this forum making false arguments pretending to be a martial arts and LL expert.
There you go again assuming things. At this point I hope nobody takes anything you post anymore seriously, if they ever did.

As I've said if power can be "trained" nobody would have pillow-fist, you don't even know what that means do you?

Nothing I've ever posted required me to be a "martial arts or LL expert" just common sense, playing devil's advocate and using facts, again your illiterate brain simply can't comprehend basic English and jumping to conclusions with the wildest assumptions.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 06:23:12 AM »

There you go again assuming things. At this point I hope nobody takes anything you post anymore seriously, if they ever did.

As I've said if power can be "trained" nobody would have pillow-fist, you don't even know what that means do you?

Nothing I've ever posted required me to be a "martial arts or LL expert" just common sense, playing devil's advocate and using facts, again your illiterate brain simply can't comprehend basic English and jumping to conclusions with the wildest assumptions.

Here you go again. Just repeating the same stuffs you already said previously without being able to justify it plus more cheap attacks (again without any grounds). Who makes assumptions now? lol 'This can't be done, that can't be done'. :D Whereas I always provide an evidence for every statement I made (such as Sweden). But now I see that you're a legit retard for thinking that someone competing in  Taekwondo is crippled (regardless of your opinions/assumptions of the sport)

edwardv6

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 06:28:00 AM »

Here you go again. Just repeating the same stuffs you already said previously without being able to justify it plus more cheap attacks (again without any grounds). Who makes assumptions now? lol 'This can't be done, that can't be done'. :D Whereas I always provide an evidence for every statement I made (such as Sweden). But now I see that you're a legit retard for thinking that someone competing in  Taekwondo is crippled (regardless of your opinions/assumptions of the sport)
Because a sample size of 1 is sufficient evidence lmfao
Because there isn't a world of difference between athletes in boxing, MMA, etc. compared to TKD lmfao
Get an education bruh particularly in English and philosophy so you know how to actually argue, oh an science so you know what real evidence is, not BS you come up with in your low IQ head.

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 06:34:25 AM »

Because a sample size of 1 is sufficient evidence lmfao

Well, it's the difference between possible and not possible. So yeah, sufficient to invalidate your idiotic comment stating so convincingly that he's gonna be crippled and get knocked out left and right.

Most of the people who did LL were never athletes in the first place anyway, so 1 isn't bad. LOL

edwardv6

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 06:38:21 AM »

Well, it's the difference between possible and not possible. So yeah, sufficient to invalidate your idiotic comment stating so convincingly that he's gonna be crippled and get knocked out left and right.

Most of the people who did LL were never athletes in the first place anyway, so 1 isn't bad. LOL
This statement sums up why you are a retard. I'm done with you lol you're so mad you even went on one of my threads to say BS stay salty little guy

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2018, 06:41:23 AM »

This statement sums up why you are a retard. I'm done with you lol you're so mad you even went on one of my threads to say BS stay salty little guy

Again just more cheap arbitrary attack without any grounds. Yeah be done when you run out of stupid excuses to say. I have more important things to do which is why I didn't entertain your earlier comment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up