Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 109596 times)

MyEvolution

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »

If you worked in an office, do you think you could have gone back during your lengthening? Would you need to stay in west palm beach the entire time? If not, when do you think you could've gone back to work?

One of my friends actually was going back n fourth to his office actually, but you will be limping and you will be assisted walking via cane or crutches so up to you what ud wanna tell people
Also depends on your goal! It’d be very hard to hit 8cm at home because PT is super important!

MyEvolution

« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2019, 10:32:36 PM »

I noticed I forgot to add a guideline of how I transitioned so here it is

First week - Walker (although personally it took me 3 days to transition to crutches but again, dont do this, inflammation pain is not worth it)

Week 4-5 - transitioned to a cane

December 22 (almost 3 months after surgery) - transitioned to walking with no cane

I came back home for NYE and saw ALOT of my old friends and litterally its funny
From far away when people see me they smile and say heey wassup then when they get closer to me their face starts to get a little confused as if their foggy memory of me cant makeup wether or not i looked shorter & funny enough no1 noticed my weird walk!
I saw around 10 of my old friends at the club. If yr gonna run into ppl to get them to “get used to you” do it at the club because no1 looks down to observe how you walk in a club + people are drunk + girls be wearing heels and so height in a club is dynamic so no1 cares

When i first saw my friends (5) in my friends house
I walked into the house with my shoes on
They were like daaaamn this guy looks really different
And then they continued to greet me
And then when I took my shoes off it was like okay he’s shorter now, so it was kinda like an illusion

Anyway now that everyone has seen me im gonna keep it lowkey until my walk is normal, & then when I see them again no1 will question it

And if anyone says how did you get taller or you look taller!
I just shrug🤷🏻‍♂️ Idk ? Act lost
Dont explain, let them

InFullStryde

« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »

Evolution; Thank you so much for your diary.  What a great look into what it is like to work with Paley Institute and especially the Stryde nail.   The "Transitions" speak so much volume as to one's ability to maintain strength and flexibility through weight bearing versus sitting in a wheelchair for weeks and months.  I do have one question for you at this time...

It appears that you're a bit over three months into this and you have achieved 8 cm; which is outstanding.   What does the walking feel like? Is there pain when you apply pressure.  You note that you are not walking normally and I'm not surprised since you have a space between your bones (which is consolidating now); however, I'm wondering if you could describe what areas of your walk that you are compensating for or are sensitive to pressure.  I want to understand a bit more why the walk is the way it is as you mention (Not normal yet); so that I may know what to expect for my upcoming procedure.

Thanks so much for any feedback and congratulations on your success!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

TinyTL

« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2019, 11:04:51 PM »

so that I may know what to expect for my upcoming procedure.

when is that? last time i heard from u, you were going for consltation with Paley.

InFullStryde

« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2019, 07:09:33 PM »

Hi TinyTL - Yes, indeed.  My surgery is this week. I'll be creating a diary here with details and hope to shed more light on the procedure and the new nail.  I'll be in full Stryde, shortly.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

TinyTL

« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2019, 07:15:22 PM »

Hi TinyTL - Yes, indeed.  My surgery is this week. I'll be creating a diary here with details and hope to shed more light on the procedure and the new nail.  I'll be in full Stryde, shortly.

thanks, looking forward to it

Optimistic

• Visitor
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2019, 01:45:45 AM »

MyEvolution: Thanks for the diary! Glad it's all going well, I wish you the best of luck with your future lengthening.

One question, whats your wingspan?

jyhtha

• Visitor
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2019, 11:31:28 PM »

Hi MyEvolution. amazing diary! happy for your achievement. How's your gait now? could you add a video when your gait return normal. Meanwhile, do you find yourself become bow legged or X legged? I heard internal lengthening can cause mechanical axis shift and affect leg shape.

shortykon

• Visitor
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2019, 03:43:41 AM »

Hey Evolution. Thank you for sharing your diary. I am also going to get femur LL with Dr. Rozbruch from NYC in coming months, so your diary is super helpful to see what Stryde nails can offer.

How did your other friend manages to work in office during the LL ? I am considering to going back to work after a month or so since I basically get paid to study for a professional business license there; a super good job that I don't want lose. Do you think it is possible to sit for a 9~5 job after a month post surgery ? Seems like you were doing pretty well after first few weeks and that is amazing to know!

Megatron

« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2019, 07:54:17 AM »

Hey man, thanks for sharing your experience. It really helps us ppl who are considering this know what well be up against. I also noticed that when i wear lifts usually guys who are like within 2 inches taller or shorter than me look confused as to why I'm taller than them or shorter than them but when i have my shoes off they usually know I'm short lol. Im really curios to know what their reaction will be if i do this surgery and gain 2.75 to 3 inches would be. seems like everyone who done this says to just play it like a surprise

Renaissance

« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2019, 09:18:46 PM »

Are you still at the Paley Institute? Do you have some news about superusercj1 ? He hasn't post for a long Time now . Thanks

MichaelJose

« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:16 PM »

MyEvolution - how are you getting on sir? Hope all is well and it would be great to hear an update

Cr7

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2019, 01:59:47 PM »

My evolution how are you doing? Hope you are alright, the forum misses your valuay inputs.

MyEvolution

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2019, 05:22:42 PM »

UPDATE

Alright lads it’s been a month since i’ve arrived home and home been recoving and it’s time for an update

First two weeks when i was walking everyday no cane i would feel some muscle pain but it was always something I can endure, sometimes it would effect how I walked a little so little sway was still there

Now 1 month in my walk is completely normal, no1 bats an eye. I get 0 muscle pain now from walking, strarted gyming 6 days/week

Dating
OMG what a difference! I went from feeling like I had to always makeup for being short by trying harder to now having girls litterally jock ride me & its a big ego boost! I was always good looking & fit but my problem was I was super short. But now at 5’7-5’8 even not being so tall I am getting treated WAY different! The other night I had a cute 5’9 blonde over and we hooked up & she calling me handsom and sexy and its a big ego boost cause ive had a 5’9 hookup partner in the past but it was like a secret cause the height difference was so massive and wed never go out in public
But now its not even an issue anymore, already have 3 friends w benefits who I met going out and its CRAZY; cannot wait to hit 5’10-5’11 after doing tibias which will make me +6ft in shoes & then workout everyday it’s gonna be CRAZY

LL has been the #1 life changing thing, I would never ever take it back & I am litterally exstatic and anxious to go do Tibias. I wish I could do it sooner but I have to wait

If yall have questions lmk, love u guys

Cr7

« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »

UPDATE

Alright lads it’s been a month since i’ve arrived home and home been recoving and it’s time for an update

First two weeks when i was walking everyday no cane i would feel some muscle pain but it was always something I can endure, sometimes it would effect how I walked a little so little sway was still there

Now 1 month in my walk is completely normal, no1 bats an eye. I get 0 muscle pain now from walking, strarted gyming 6 days/week

Dating
OMG what a difference! I went from feeling like I had to always makeup for being short by trying harder to now having girls litterally jock ride me & its a big ego boost! I was always good looking & fit but my problem was I was super short. But now at 5’7-5’8 even not being so tall I am getting treated WAY different! The other night I had a cute 5’9 blonde over and we hooked up & she calling me handsom and sxxy and its a big ego boost cause ive had a 5’9 hookup partner in the past but it was like a secret cause the height difference was so massive and wed never go out in public
But now its not even an issue anymore, already have 3 friends w benefits who I met going out and its CRAZY; cannot wait to hit 5’10-5’11 after doing tibias which will make me +6ft in shoes & then workout everyday it’s gonna be CRAZY

LL has been the #1 life changing thing, I would never ever take it back & I am litterally exstatic and anxious to go do Tibias. I wish I could do it sooner but I have to wait

Great to hear from you. You must be enjoying your new height as it is evident from your post.

Some questions though.
How is you pain level?
How is your walking and callous growth?

TemakiSushi

« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »

UPDATE

Dating
OMG what a difference! I went from feeling like I had to always makeup for being short by trying harder to now having girls litterally jock ride me & its a big ego boost! I was always good looking & fit but my problem was I was super short. But now at 5’7-5’8 even not being so tall I am getting treated WAY different! The other night I had a cute 5’9 blonde over and we hooked up & she calling me handsom and sxxy and its a big ego boost cause ive had a 5’9 hookup partner in the past but it was like a secret cause the height difference was so massive and wed never go out in public

What a wonderful to thing to hear from you!
Congrats for your amazing accomplishment  ;D
When you have time I really appreciate if you could show us your walking video  ;)
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

superusercj1

« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2019, 06:48:56 AM »

Hey Evolution. Thank you for sharing your diary. I am also going to get femur LL with Dr. Rozbruch from NYC in coming months, so your diary is super helpful to see what Stryde nails can offer.

How did your other friend manages to work in office during the LL ? I am considering to going back to work after a month or so since I basically get paid to study for a professional business license there; a super good job that I don't want lose. Do you think it is possible to sit for a 9~5 job after a month post surgery ? Seems like you were doing pretty well after first few weeks and that is amazing to know!

Yo that was me lol. I just read this.

You can walk with the stryde without a cane a month out but it’s not recommended .  I went back to work and had to go caneless so no one would know. Managed to survive but definitely walked weird for 9 hours that day and was pretty sore by the end of the day.

I remember sitting for prolonged periods was brutal because of
The weak gluts up to 30 days or so then it got a little better. Going back at 30 days is pretty tough I’d say but doable.

FYI when we finished there was a older guy there in his late 50s who was walking and going to the gym like a champ 2-3 weeks out as if he didn’t have surgery. He was in really good shape, so your mileage may vary.

6'2_dream

« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2019, 10:47:39 AM »

Hello, my friend, I am very happy for your conquest, so this is 100% and you can do the next step to get taller,
I would like to understand better in Centimeters how you will arrive at 6feet. (183cm) because feet is a very inprecise measurement mainly for those who want to gain more height.
You said to have 6'4 162cm - but people think you're 6'5 (165cm) "so I think you should have 164cm which is a value close to 5'5.
you made femur 8cm so it's around 172cm now,
next step if you make 6cm will reach in 178cm (5'10).
to reach 180cm (5'11) will need to make 8cm in the tibia, will you try the maximum that is between 6cm and 8cm?
to arrive at 183cm (6'0) using the correct shoes or boots?
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

shortykon

• Visitor
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2019, 03:06:09 AM »

Yo that was me lol. I just read this.

You can walk with the stryde without a cane a month out but it’s not recommended .  I went back to work and had to go caneless so no one would know. Managed to survive but definitely walked weird for 9 hours that day and was pretty sore by the end of the day.

I remember sitting for prolonged periods was brutal because of
The weak gluts up to 30 days or so then it got a little better. Going back at 30 days is pretty tough I’d say but doable.

FYI when we finished there was a older guy there in his late 50s who was walking and going to the gym like a champ 2-3 weeks out as if he didn’t have surgery. He was in really good shape, so your mileage may vary.

Hey man good share! I guess only my body can tell rather I can do that or not.

MyEvolution

« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2019, 04:36:34 PM »

Hello, my friend, I am very happy for your conquest, so this is 100% and you can do the next step to get taller,
I would like to understand better in Centimeters how you will arrive at 6feet. (183cm) because feet is a very inprecise measurement mainly for those who want to gain more height.
You said to have 6'4 162cm - but people think you're 6'5 (165cm) "so I think you should have 164cm which is a value close to 5'5.
you made femur 8cm so it's around 172cm now,
next step if you make 6cm will reach in 178cm (5'10).
to reach 180cm (5'11) will need to make 8cm in the tibia, will you try the maximum that is between 6cm and 8cm?
to arrive at 183cm (6'0) using the correct shoes or boots?

Yes so my goal is to do 7-8cm in tibias. Idk if i’ll be able to hit 8 but I think I will definately hit 7cm which will put me somewhere between 178-180cm depending on if I hit 6-8cm (goal is 8 wish me luck)
At 5’11 standing height, simply wearing sandals or shoes will make me 6ft. But I do own a pair of shoe lifts which add 2inches of height which I plan on keeping when i’m 5’11 so I should be going out at roughly 6’1 which to me is just like wtf cause I come from being 5’5 made fun of for being good looking but super short but that’s about to change My current height is 5’7 and a half but i wear indoor slippors just cause so i’m like 5’8 perceieved and when I go out in lifts i’m 5’10 so just add 3 inches to those stats

UPDATES:
Went ahead and booked homewood suites October 1st 2019-end of january. I will be there so prob gonna book surgery for sep27 2019. I wanted to do it earlier but Paley wouldn’t allow me considering my goal. He said i have to wait a year to have a chance at hitting 7cm guess we waiting while I enjoy my new height.

Mzacr

« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »

Nice to hear you're doing well. Hey what's your sitting height?

MichaelJose

« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2019, 07:46:01 PM »

Nice to hear you're doing well. Hey what's your sitting height?

Bro - congrats on doing so well. Does it feel really different at your new height? I was in the gym today and there was this guy about 5'6 that had a small frame (I guess you could say normal for his height) and another guy about 5'9 that looked alot more dominating - I was trying to work out whether it was the height difference or the frame difference - I hope that makes sense lol.

I guess my question is do you feel alot 'bigger' at your new height or just taller and do you have the intention of hitting the gym to add mass.

Thanks and it would be great to get a before and after picture too! :)

MyEvolution

« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2019, 04:02:12 PM »

UPDATE
Looking to book Tibias end of september 2019 so if yall thinking of doing it i’ll be there LMK

TemakiSushi

« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2019, 05:08:23 AM »

UPDATE
Looking to book Tibias end of september 2019 so if yall thinking of doing it i’ll be there LMK

Hi MyEvolution
Thank you very much for the notice
I’m looking forward your 2nd season
I would love to see how you are walking now, please please show us your beautiful long femurs  :D
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

MichaelJose

« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2019, 11:56:52 PM »

UPDATE

Bro - how's things - can we get another update?

MyEvolution

« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2019, 09:58:51 PM »

It’s been 3 months and couple days since i’ve stopped lengthening so according to Paley estimates (3 months length = 3 month consolidation) I should be pretty much consolodated by now
I just did an Xray today & sent it to Dr.Paley. Will share results in 1-2 weeks

Other updates: going to cancun for spring break🤘🏼 Haha

totallyred

« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »

MyEvolution can you please ask Paley about development of osteonecrosis post IM nail insertion.

BeYourBest

« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2019, 01:38:22 AM »

Hey man, just came across your diary. Congratulations. You seem like a pretty cool guy and one that is on the party life - I bet that’s even better now that you’re much taller than before lol. Anyways, I just wanted to ask a few questions if you don’t mind:

Are you 100% walking normally now (like pre surgery days)?

Do you feel any type of pain? If so, can you describe how the pain is, please?

Other than that I hope you’re doing good and living your life.

Astronomy

« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2019, 09:42:38 AM »

Andriod;

Haha we are the same height!! Little worried cause ppl say the Limit is 13cm for two surgeries but not everyone achieves that. My goal is to stop at nothing till I hit 13cm maybe even 14cm!

I’m doing daily stretching now using YouTube videos, might sign up for Yoga
My score of sit-and-reach is 30cm.Does that mean I can reach my goal easier than those with lower score?

SimonFuller

« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2019, 04:27:13 PM »

Hi My Evolution,

Any update on your progress?

I hope all is well.

MyEvolution

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2019, 04:36:46 AM »

Hi My Evolution,

Any update on your progress?

I hope all is well.

Hey yea life is good! It’s not 1000% normal yet I mean i havn’t ran in a long time. I’ve started doing little hops & jump up to do pullups (with caution tho)

So here’s an update: I just got back from cancun and man there was soooooooo much walking that my legs would actually get sore. The thing is eventho i am more healed now as you walk, and go up and downstairs and different terrains different parts of your legs and muscles activate so everyday is different levels of soreness. Sometimes 0 pain, but the max is like a 3-4. However, it’s more of a workout typa pain, but sometimes, it feels like the nail is pressing on your soft tissue? Idk how to explain it its like a dull.. ache? But its not constant it goes away

Anyways, when i was in cancun my friends started to notice the limp because I couldnt keep up with all their walking! They are athletic so they started to call me “old man” and openly talked about how they can pick me out in a crowd cause of my little limp. Came to me as a suprise cause I thought my gait was 100% normal but I guess all that extra strain had me weak. Now that I am back though, I can go up and down stairs super well and natural! Before mexico, I had troubles going downstairs still but now it’s super fast and easy due to all the walking I did in mexico

Moving forward:
Paley said my bones are healing very well
I asked and he said maybe next month I can get back into running & sports so we shall see

SUPER SUPER looking forward to doing tibs!! I saw a friend I havnt seen in soooo long that we used to chill everyday in school &.. i’m exactly his height now & he was tripping out being like dude wtf you got taller for sure sincr when were u my height
I just shrugged and acted lost
The funny thing is I asked how tall he is, seeing as we are the same height and he said 5’9-5’10
Which i laughed at because my real height is 5’7, but Society considers me 5’8 so i’d say i’m actually 5’8 cause rhats what everyone says, but seeing other people my height boost & say they are 5’9& a half is halarious. No doubt when I do another 7-8cm I’ll be accepted easily as 5’11 & can prob easily say i’m 6ft so, looking forward to exiting the 5’something range!

Anyways, I been getting back into stretching calfs, I really wanna hit 7-8cm for tibs so it’s time to prepare as my surgery is gonna be scheduled for end of september!

Here we gooooooo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up