Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you be able to forgive yourself if you stunted your height?  (Read 13709 times)

CaptainAmerica

Re: Would you be able to forgive yourself if you stunted your height?
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2018, 10:49:03 PM »

If you slept 2 hours a day for 3 years you would be dead. Basically just a week of doing that would probably kill you or land you in the psych ward.

joeymabil

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2018, 10:50:47 PM »

Sorry dude but just 3 months ago I slept maybe 1 hour per day for 2.5 months from PTSD.

joeymabil

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2018, 10:55:22 PM »

And yes I was basically dead the time I stunted my growth and the time 2 months ago. My stamina was dog   but who needs stamina if your just going to sit idle and click a mouse or phone. My memory and reaction time are severely damaged.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2018, 10:55:51 PM »

Sorry dude but just 3 months ago I slept maybe 1 hour for 2.5 months from PTSD.

He is right doe, when i was sleeping for 3-4h and then went to work/classes after few hours i was already dying from lack of sleep and first thing i did when i got back home was taking a nap

You didnt stunt your growth. Your genetics are just like this and i recommend to accept it.

joeymabil

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 11:06:03 PM »

I would accept it if their was enough evidence. My brother is 5'10. Cousins 5'10, 5'9, 5'7. Grandpa 5'7. Uncle 5'7. I was next in line to break my family's generation of short genes as was my cousins and brother. Parents of cousin,gramps and uncle were all midgets. When I was born till now I was tracked by my doctor including birth height which is a good indicator of adult height. My limbs, hands, feet are longer and bigger than my body as well. I would love to accept my height wasn't stunted and will probably heed your advice because I don't want to walk down guilt trips anymore that is for weak people.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2018, 11:10:45 PM »

Even if your dad is 5’10 and your mom is 5’5 there’s still a natural chance you end up being 5’5, just the same way parents of the same height give birth to kids who are like 6’3.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2018, 11:13:08 PM »

I would accept it if their was enough evidence. My brother is 5'10. Cousins 5'10, 5'9, 5'7. Grandpa 5'7. Uncle 5'7. I was next in line to break my family's generation of short genes as was my cousins and brother. Parents of cousin,gramps and uncle were all midgets. When I was born till now I was tracked by my doctor including birth height which is a good indicator of adult height. My limbs, hands, feet are longer and bigger than my body as well. I would love to accept my height wasn't stunted and will probably heed your advice because I don't want to walk down guilt trips anymore that is for weak people.

Your grandpa is the answer. People often get height after their grandparents.

And well, i was really big when i was born too. In fact, i was bigger than my 6'2 friend.
That ain't proving anythin.

On the good note, i was 5'5 when i was 18yo too. Now i'm 21 and 5'7 so you might still get a chance.
But don't give yourself hopes up. Chill the fk up cuz it aint end of the world. You still have other qualities.

The guy that every woman in my last job was gasping at was 5'4 beefed dude who was handsome as hell. He looked like a midget next to me honestly yet i could hear half of their panties dripping on the floor.

So don't sweat it and don't visit crap like /r/short

joeymabil

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2018, 11:15:29 PM »

It's hard not to say the cause of my midget stature was stunted growth when I'm walking around my cousins, uncles, grandpa as the smurf but what you say is fact. 

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:57 PM »

It's hard not to say the cause of my midget stature was stunted growth when I'm walking around my cousins, uncles, grandpa as the smurf but what you say is fact.

My uncles are 6'6-6'7, yet i dont say my height was stunted.

Even doe i have hypothyroidism.

joeymabil

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2018, 11:18:22 PM »

Yeah man hopefully I can reach 5'7 because I did grow 1/2 inch 6 months ago XD. But you're right there's so much more qualities than just being tall.

Juiceslikewine

• Limb lengthening forums own lab rat :)
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2018, 12:00:44 AM »

You said you grew almost a centimeter about a week ago from letro have you grown even a millimeter since

I'm 5'9.85 now lol,but stopped the letro for the time being as the sides were to harsh.
Height:5'10 or 178cms
Ethnicity:white irish
Realistic height goal:5'11 or 180.5cm(Would be very content with this.

Juiceslikewine

• Limb lengthening forums own lab rat :)
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2018, 12:05:13 AM »

I don't do dead lifts after LL nor squats. Thefe is no reason to stress so much my legs. After all I am not a professional.

I bench 1×120kg and 8×100kg.
I am 92kg with about 16-17% fat and 1.75 after LL height. My initial height was 1.68 so as you can see I have a lot of weight for my height but I'll try to keep my body fat kess than 18%.

Are your legs proportional?That's pretty damn big for 5'6,why do you feel the need to get taller still?I've recently come to terms with my height dysmorphia,accepted 5'10 is more than likely the end of the road.5'11 if i'm  really lucky,whats your height goal?
Height:5'10 or 178cms
Ethnicity:white irish
Realistic height goal:5'11 or 180.5cm(Would be very content with this.

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2018, 02:09:54 AM »

I partially agree with a slight disagreement here:

dont ever take sleep deprivation lightly especially in teenage/puberty years where most of hgh(somatotropin) is released in the REM cycles combined with low nutrient diet and low muscular activity can reult more than an inch of gross loss in height. althogh il agree with u its not that much as genes rule and will take-over sooner or later but il replace ur stated 2-3cm with upto 4-5cm.

the other thing u mentioned was yes cll can give height but part of the loss due to stunting is also in hand size, fingers, wrists, arms, feet, torso size and clavicle lengths thts causing ppl neurosis such as op. although these parts are less noticed compared to the immediate height of a person.

I would never thought the significance of 4-5cm back then. But now, many people (myself included) are willing to spend $25k++ to break our bones, bed-ridden for months, be athletically crippled permanently for these 4-5cm.

It's like someone who drives carelessly and then got hit by a truck. As a result of the combination of their own's stupidity and bad luck, his whole gets altered just by that very moment. At least I was being stupid consistently enough for 7 years that my life got fuked.

Actually I was basically living impoverished in terms of my health. I skipped sleep (all nighters some days) for video games and here you are denying that I stunted my growth even though you know sleep is needed for growth. I do admit I need stop going down guilt trip lane though.

How bad was your sleep? I slept on average 2 hours per night from 10-17 but many nights I didn't sleep at all. I felt that I barely grew during junior high school. By the time, I realized that I was in a serious trouble, it was too late to make a difference.

I remember when the x-ray said that I was about done at 162cm. It basically destroyed me, I went home, slammed my door and cried in my room. I was 16 at the time. Almost 10 years ago. I spent the next decade living in denial while trying to look for a cure.

ThatGuy

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2018, 02:42:43 AM »

What country were you in where doctors offered you HGH?
Murica
Doubt they would if he wasnt short statured at the time.

Or could be some dumbass who thinks only dad height matters lol
At the time I was pretty short compared to my peers, so the doc mentioned it as a solution iirc.

as a matter of fact ur right. if ur a male maternal height is almost all that matters.
I've heard this before, but is this really the case? I've never heard anyone with credentials back this. Even if this is the case whenever I run my parent's height through calcs I get 5'11-6'0.

I partially agree with a slight disagreement here:

dont ever take sleep deprivation lightly especially in teenage/puberty years where most of hgh(somatotropin) is released in the REM cycles combined with low nutrient diet and low muscular activity can reult more than an inch of gross loss in height. althogh il agree with u its not that much as genes rule and will take-over sooner or later but il replace ur stated 2-3cm with upto 4-5cm.

the other thing u mentioned was yes cll can give height but part of the loss due to stunting is also in hand size, fingers, wrists, arms, feet, torso size and clavicle lengths thts causing ppl neurosis such as op. although these parts are less noticed compared to the immediate height of a person.
I was always the type of kid who would stay up late and play video games especially in the summer. I also liked to do a lot of calisthenics with light weight lifting back then. I've been around 120-130 pounds from 12-22, but I doubt not eating enough had much to do with it because my friend is 6'1-6'2 and hes been around 110-130 pounds even longer than me so I'm skeptical about my eating habits being the cause. Also my hands/feet/shoulders seem to be really big and wide for my height its pretty strange honestly. Hell, my facial hair finally started coming in recently.

Grow3inchesquestions

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2018, 03:24:52 AM »

Thats hype i cant wait for my letro from cem meso arrives as long as i grow an inch i wont have to ctb in decembee hype

joeymabil

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2018, 05:43:36 AM »

I pretty much had the same routine as you. All the people I knew who had our ritual ended up with shorter statures than they expected. Some of my friends are shorter than their parents. But it could just be our genetics.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »

It's impossible to stunt 10 inches of your growth unless you lived in a famine for your childhood and teenage years. The very fact that you had the luxury of staying up at night to play video games should prove that you didn't live in such environment. Perhaps you would've turned 5'6.5 in optimal living conditions (not a professional opinion, just guessing).

I would never thought the significance of 4-5cm back then. But now, many people (myself included) are willing to spend $25k++ to break our bones, bed-ridden for months, be athletically crippled permanently for these 4-5cm.

You don't do all that for 4-5 cm's. You do all that to increase your mental well-being and come to terms with your physical appearence. The couple of cm's are just the means to an end.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Sanity

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2018, 09:44:06 AM »

Actually I was basically living impoverished in terms of my health. I skipped sleep (all nighters some days) for video games and here you are denying that I stunted my growth even though you know sleep is needed for growth. I do admit I need stop going down guilt trip lane though.
even if u did deprive urself of sleep u cant possibly stunt more than a couple of inches. its not like u were supposed to be 6'4 and u ended up 5'6. genes rule the body and functions. the most u can stunt is 4-5cm and that too has to be combined with poor nutrition to achieve that.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2018, 09:50:11 AM »

I pretty much had the same routine as you. All the people I knew who had our ritual ended up with shorter statures than they expected. Some of my friends are shorter than their parents. But it could just be our genetics.

At least you had the pleasure. If It wasn't for school, I wouldn't have lost sleep even if I couldn't fall sleep till 3AM. And school is one thing that I despise the most in the world to the point where a day felt like a year. Imagine have your life ruined by something you despise deeply.

You don't do all that for 4-5 cm's. You do all that to increase your mental well-being and come to terms with your physical appearence. The couple of cm's are just the means to an end.

The point is same. If I didn't stunt it, wouldn't have to do it to increase my mental well-being, would I? Or I could still do it and end up even taller. I still lose athletic functions.

Sanity

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2018, 10:09:58 AM »

then again i know som1 who slept atleast 10 hours everyday from 8-16 and hes my neighbour yet he turned out to be 5'3-5'4 cause his parents are short. if ur genetically maximum potential is to reach 6'4 then yea u can stunt that to 6'0-6'1 in the worst case i'd say but say if ur 5'6 u were never meant to cross 5'10 by mother nature.

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2018, 10:24:59 AM »

then again i know som1 who slept atleast 10 hours everyday from 8-16 and hes my neighbour yet he turned out to be 5'3-5'4 cause his parents are short. if ur genetically maximum potential is to reach 6'4 then yea u can stunt that to 6'0-6'1 in the worst case i'd say but say if ur 5'6 u were never meant to cross 5'10 by mother nature.

I never really said that I was meant to be over 5'10" (eventhough theoritically I should have been considering my father and sisters' height.)

But even if I was 5'7"-5'8". It would make a great difference. 5'8" is basically a target after a successful invasive LL procedure.

Anyway, a long time ago, someone told me that if he always did everything right in his life, he would have been a billionaire by that time. Meaning that it's perfectly human for me to stunt my height because of not living well. That's kind of comforting. Ha!

Ascending

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »

Of course I would be able to forgive myself of a mistake made as a child - just as I would be able to forgive another person of a mistake they made as a child.  The lack of sleep and depression were probably related.  Depression is not something you can easily manage even as an adult let alone as a child.  Best not to ponder on this too long - this is the sort of thinking that triggers depression.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2018, 10:40:40 AM »

I think what I find so odd is that all of our major life decisions are made from 0 - 18 years old. Yet our brain  doesnt fully developed until we are 25 years old. And when we are younger we dont use our prefrontal cortex of our brain we use our temporal lobe that is more emotional base.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Sanity

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2018, 11:00:34 AM »

for all u ppl whining over sleep deprivation:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11052586

as i said countless times its very hard for u to stunt growth due to not sleeping. our ancestors used to deprive themselves of sleep hundred thousand years ago to not get eaten by predators and u think the body hasnt adapted to that. dahh

wants2growtaller

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »

I see lots of people in impoverished countries that grew to average to tall.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »

as i said countless times its very hard for u to stunt growth due to not sleeping. our ancestors used to deprive themselves of sleep hundred thousand years ago to not get eaten by predators and u think the body hasnt adapted to that. dahh

That explains why men weren't over 5' back then?

Ascending

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2018, 11:18:35 AM »

Yeh I agree it is very unlikely to have been the cause of the lower height.

ivan

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2018, 11:37:22 AM »

I know so much tall guys that barely slept when I was in elementary and high school and yet they grew to be way over 6'. Their parents probbably had more sleep and were fed better when they were younger and yet their children ended up taller.

Sanity

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »

That explains why men weren't over 5' back then?
dude il put an end to this. when ur fking up the circadian rythem ur not shutting down ur pituitary gland or ripping it to shreds. ur just disturbing the normal secretion of GH. and if u just slept 2 hours at night 70-80% of the GH is already released then as most of GH is released during the first 3 hours of sleep in REM phase. then the rest of GH will be compensated during the day or the next time u sleep. yes over a long period of time say 4-5 years it can cause just a slightly less amount of gross GH but not so much to stunt the height by 4-5cm as some here claim, unless they had poor nutrition and were affected by infections at the same time. end of story.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15339260

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »

dude il put an end to this. when ur fking up the circadian rythem ur not shutting down ur pituitary gland or ripping it to shreds. ur just disturbing the normal secretion of GH. and if u just slept 2 hours at night 70-80% of the GH is already released then as most of GH is released during the first 3 hours of sleep in REM phase. then the rest of GH will be compensated during the day or the next time u sleep. yes over a long period of time say 4-5 years it can cause just a slightly less amount of gross GH but not so much to stunt the height by 4-5cm as some here claim, unless they had poor nutrition and were affected by infections at the same time. end of story.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15339260

lolll the one who said 4-5cm is yourself pal.

That being said, I had poor nutrition too and 3 hours of sleep was gold for me back then. Feels bad man. :(

Sanity

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2018, 01:13:40 PM »

lolll the one who said 4-5cm is yourself pal.

That being said, I had poor nutrition too and 3 hours of sleep was gold for me back then. Feels bad man. :(
read again.i said 4-5 if combined with other factors

and say even if u had 2 more inches u'd be still considered shorty and u'd stil be wanting to compete with 6 footers so tht changes nothing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up