Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Heightism  (Read 4151 times)

wants2growtaller

Heightism
« on: October 26, 2018, 12:17:38 AM »

Heightism is another reminder that human beings treat people based on their physical appearance. Society has been able to make racism, sexism, mental health stigma a taboo but when it comes to heightism its still a problem. Heightism is prejudicial ..discrminatory treatment for people who are under average in height. It negatively impacts every area of a persons life. And bascially how others perceive you as inferior. I really wish that short statured individuals would organize to defeat this injustice but it doesnt seem to be in case. Im just so fed up of fighting. I have tried self advocacy, legal option but people continue to look down on me. Its like no matter how smart..talented or a person of great character ..people are STILL judging and treating me based on my height.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Heightism
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:43:34 AM »

Its like no matter how smart..talented or a person of great character ..

Probably because you aren't

XEN

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 02:25:21 AM »

It's easier to change yourself, than to change the world.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 03:06:47 AM »

No option is easy. My only option is limb lengthening . But Im being realistic. im five feet one and im black. There is prejudice EVERHWHERE even in the medical field. Limb Lengthening comes with serious complications, and pain. I mean realistically what surgeon is going to treat a short black person with respect and dignity enough to have a successful surgery.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

wants2growtaller

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 03:07:45 AM »

The worst part of heightism is that short people are well aware they are being unfairly treated but choose to remain quiet about the injustice they suffer.

YellowSpike

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »

The worst part of heightism is that short people are well aware they are being unfairly treated but choose to remain quiet about the injustice they suffer.

Your problem is very unlikely to be your height. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH 5'1" FOR A WOMAN.

Racism can be an issue for sure, but that's entirely separate from height. I know many, MANY petite black women who are married with children, have great social circles and have solid careers.

Your issues are probably due to (evidently) being mentally unstable, annoying, and/or unattractive (not saying you are unattractive, I don't know what you look like, just a suggestion).

cool

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 05:09:18 PM »

Your problem is very unlikely to be your height. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH 5'1" FOR A WOMAN.

Lots of people will say there is nothing wrong with 5'5" for a man. It's all subjective and we must learn to accept that. Being a 5'1" person would definitely not be easy regardless of gender. Life is not all about dating. Even if a 5'1" woman finds a perfect partner she could have problems feeling like an adult outside of her romantic life.
8)

YellowSpike

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 06:26:47 PM »

Lots of people will say there is nothing wrong with 5'5" for a man. It's all subjective and we must learn to accept that. Being a 5'1" person would definitely not be easy regardless of gender. Life is not all about dating. Even if a 5'1" woman finds a perfect partner she could have problems feeling like an adult outside of her romantic life.

I agree that everyone deals with things differently, and everyone is entitled to their own feelings. But it's more cut and dry for men - generally, under 5'7" is where things start to get bad. I've been on both sides of that fence, and feel even at 5'8" post LL that my height is still "borderline." But I have plenty of other things going for me, so I can deal with it. At 5'5", I felt like my height pretty much negated everything I had going for me.

She may experience some issues at 5'1", but I think the majority of it is in her head. She seems to group together being black (which yes, racism is of course an issue sadly) and being short, but they are two separate issues entirely. I think she's just mentally unstable (evidenced by her posts).

wants2growtaller

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 06:58:30 PM »

No. I experience heightism and racism pretty bad. And Im not the only short female regardless of color who has said repeatedly that life as a five one female is hard. We are not respected like everyhone else. And its not about me not feeling like an adult. Because I am an adult. But its how other people treat and react me. We short females are treated like children. We get less respect from our peers. We are often ignored..dismissed even when we try to assert ourselves. And im tired of short men being so misogynisticf and saying stupid   like short men have it harder. Short men do have it harder when it comes to dating. But when it comes to other things in life..its hard for both genders as a short person.

YellowSpike

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 07:14:19 PM »

No. I experience heightism and racism pretty bad. And Im not the only short female regardless of color who has said repeatedly that life as a five one female is hard. We are not respected like everyhone else. And its not about me not feeling like an adult. Because I am an adult. But its how other people treat and react me. We short females are treated like children. We get less respect from our peers. We are often ignored..dismissed even when we try to assert ourselves. And im tired of short men being so misogynisticf and saying stupid   like short men have it harder. Short men do have it harder when it comes to dating. But when it comes to other things in life..its hard for both genders as a short person.

I actually agree with most of what you said. Except for what you said about short men. I'm sorry, but it is a fact that short men have a harder time in live in ALL AREAS (not just dating) than short women (who are at least 5ft - under 5ft, then yes, women face challenges too).

But you are 100% entitled to your feelings. I hope you find a way either with LL or otherwise to be happy with yourself.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 07:24:32 PM »

No what i think is that a lot of short men are sexists.   And they continue to deny the realities of short women because they are misogyny. short women keep saying about their experiences but instead short men do exactly what society does to them but to short women. They deny our oppression. Read unicorn diary and why she decided to go through limb lengthening surgery. And research Annalisa..and another woman who is four eight. We are all saying the same things. short women are discriminated against. And frankly at this poinst I dont care if you deny my oppression..i know its real and im going to continue to speak out.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 07:31:44 PM »

No what i think is that a lot of short men are sxxists.   And they continue to deny the realities of short women because they are misogyny. short women keep saying about their experiences but instead short men do exactly what society does to them but to short women. They deny our oppression. Read unicorn diary and why she decided to go through limb lengthening surgery. And research Annalisa..and another woman who is four eight. We are all saying the same things. short women are discriminated against. And frankly at this poinst I dont care if you deny my oppression..i know its real and im going to continue to speak out.

Angry black feminist who screams racism and misoginy everywhere.

Your problem is your toxic character. Thats why nobody respects you. And its showing in pretty much every post you written so far

Sanity

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 07:35:36 PM »

dude ur a woman.chil the fck down
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

wants2growtaller

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 07:36:23 PM »

Go ahead call me names. Nothing wrong with being black and nothing wrong with being a feminist. Only racists, sexist people think its a deragatory slur. And as far as being angry..im not.. Im not angry but I am upset on how people put so much value on height and DENY HEIGHTISM IS REAL.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 07:37:19 PM »

sexist much?

wants2growtaller

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 07:39:16 PM »

Seriously..fk yall. im just gonna ignore haters.

Sanity

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 07:44:06 PM »

sxxist much?
not being sxxist just stating a fact. yes height affects woman but not so much to be an issue especially if ur 5+. few more inches wont make u bossier or make ppl take u seriously more. do u even realise how ginormous a problem it actually is for men even if they are just a few inches shorter than 6ft. u have no idea.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 07:45:06 PM »

Go ahead call me names. Nothing wrong with being black and nothing wrong with being a feminist. Only racists, sxxist people think its a deragatory slur. And as far as being angry..im not.. Im not angry but I am upset on how people put so much value on height and DENY HEIGHTISM IS REAL.

Nobody called you names. Nobody said being black is a bad thing

Feminism is utter cancer

And yes you are angry. An angry selfish person who thinks throwing the most overused terms at someone will hurt them.

Get a grip cuz its pathetic

wants2growtaller

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »

I am a feminist. And Im proud to be one. I believe in fairness between the sexes. And name calling is childish.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 07:54:51 PM »

I am a feminist. And Im proud to be one. I believe in fairness between the sxxes. And name calling is childish.

Everyone can tell you are feminist lol, because you are always angry at the world. And no, you dont believe it. You can't even accept facts that men tend to have it worse in certain situations.

People who believe in equality are called either Equalists or Humanists.

Besides, you are already treated as good as you are a person.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »

You obviously are too illiterate to understand the word feminist. Feminist means fairness between the genders. Anyways you are not worth my time. You are like a worm on the sidewalk. You step on it and move on. Moving on!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 07:57:45 PM »

You obviously are too illiterate to understand the word feminist. Feminist means fairness between the genders. Anyways you are not worth my time. You are like a worm on the sidewalk. You step on it and move on. Moving on!

Oh believe me, i know what modern feminists are representing. And now you just show it better than i could ever prove to you so... thanks for that? lol

YellowSpike

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 08:30:06 PM »

dude ur a woman.chil the fk down

Angry black feminist who screams racism and misoginy everywhere.

Your problem is your toxic character. Thats why nobody respects you. And its showing in pretty much every post you written so far

THANK YOU!!!

No what i think is that a lot of short men are sxxists.   And they continue to deny the realities of short women because they are misogyny. short women keep saying about their experiences but instead short men do exactly what society does to them but to short women. They deny our oppression. Read unicorn diary and why she decided to go through limb lengthening surgery. And research Annalisa..and another woman who is four eight. We are all saying the same things. short women are discriminated against. And frankly at this poinst I dont care if you deny my oppression..i know its real and im going to continue to speak out.

4'8" is a very different world from 5'1". Below 5ft, yes, even women are going to have some issues with height.

I know Unicorn's diary and story very well. Even though SHE felt she needed to do LL (and her opinion is I guess the only one that counts), all the guys on the board felt she didn't need to. She's an attractive, intelligent and accomplished woman. She didn't need LL despite her obviously feeling that's what she needed.

Your problem isn't your height. I agree that black women definitely face discrimination (perhaps even more than black men). But I think your issue is your general anger towards the world (and now, it appears, towards men).

I am not a "hater" - I am just trying to make you realize (or even just consider) that your height is very likely not your problem. If you can just consider this, you might save yourself a ton of money and pain (and potential complications, which women seem to be more prone to than men with LL).

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:53 PM »

Does this forum have any mods lel?

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 11:30:55 AM »

You can think yourself as smart, intelligent, capable, a great character, etc all you want, but at the end of the day, you just gotta ask yourself this question.

'What can you do that this 6'5" guy above can't do easily?'

Sex appeal in men mainly only consists of 3 things: height, facial aesthetic and physical fitness.

There are also minor other stuffs, like body language, tonality, social skills, etc, but these are easy to fix and anybody can learn to do it right.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »

I cab draw, paint, write stories, wrote a screen play, play piano, play flute, sing, dance, great in science, great in math, technology, created 212 inventions,  great fashion clothing, resourceful. Great at computer techno!ogy and goood at telling jokes .have empathy for others. Learn new languages.. doubt he can do all that.

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 11:43:35 AM »

I cab draw, paint, write stories, wrote a screen play, play piano, play flute, sing, dance, great in science, great in math, technology, created 212 inventions,  great fashion clothing, resourceful. Great at computer techno!ogy and goood at telling jokes .have empathy for others. Learn new languages.. doubt he can do all that.

I can certainly see that you're good at telling jokes.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 11:44:51 AM »

And I have perfect health..perfect eye sight.never gotthe flu. Yea he can keep his tall height.but when it comes to intellect..talent and character.and health I have plenty of that. Health is better than height. Just finished a prototype to stop earthquakes.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 11:46:04 AM »

And I have perfect health..perfect eye sight.never gotthe flu. Yea he can keep his tall height.but when it comes to intellect..talent and character.and health I have plenty of that. Health is better than height. Just finished a prototype to stop earthquakes.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »

Examples of geniuses with disabilities...Beethoven..Stevie wonder..Stephen hawking..nic vujicic..tom cruise..he is dyslexic.no one is inferior or superior..we all have so something someone else can't do..whether physical.or intellectual.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 11:51:33 AM »

This is redundant. I don't believe in eugenics...survival of the fittest. I believe society works betteewhen its inclusive. Idealistic.maybe. But I rather treat people fairly then hold things against them they can not control.I won't be answering to things like this anymore. End of conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up