Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shoulder width  (Read 3437 times)

Uppland

Shoulder width
« on: September 23, 2014, 01:36:06 PM »

Hello everyone I haven't heard of much concern for shoulders and/or overall body "width" for lack of a better word. One of the things that makes height so valuable to men is that it's crucial in building a manly frame that looks good and has a certain presence. I think, however, that it can be detremental to be tall with a narrow build i.e a thin body with small, narrow shoulders and short arms but I haven't seen much concern for how well a patient will "carry" his new height.
LL patients will obviously be smaller than a naturally tall man: smaller hands, feet, head, torso etc. I know the upper body can be built but only to a certain extent  and so I wonder is this not an issue?

As we know wide shoulders and a strong neck will give much illusion of stature while a tall but lanky man will not have a very attractive body type. Maybe this isn't much of a problem I don't know much about shoulder width but I would assume it correlates with height, my father is roughly 8 cm taller than me and has much wider shoulders, it may be hat I haven't "filled out" yet as they say but I still doubt my frame will be as big. Does this worry anyone else or can it be solved by building the shoulder muscles?

Wannabegiant

Re: Shoulder width
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »

Like you said it can be helped to an extent by building muscle mass, but the frame is going to be smaller compared to most naturally taller guys.

With that said, its not as uncommon as you would think for a short and stocky person to have bigger hands, feet, head etc compared to a taller person. For example people from Somalia tend to have very narrow shoulders and small heads and everything, while being very tall on average.

Taller

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »

What wannabegiant says is true. I'm almost 180CM and have broader shoulders and bigger feet than my father who is 188CM. My arms and torso are definitely shorter than his though, but I don't know if it's by enough to even be noticeable to 99% of people.

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »

Guess I'm unfortunate in that regard my hands, feet and overall frame is still smaller than my dad. Did any of you grow into your bodytype/build till 20-21 or have you been the same since 19?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 06:28:09 PM »

Bulk the shoulders. It will help a lot. That's what I did and I'm pretty sure it will ensure I look okay at 5'10 from a starting height of 5'5 if I go for femurs later.

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Taller

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »

Those are some badass shoulders Kilokahn haha.

What's your arm span by the way?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:38:31 PM by Taller »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 06:56:48 PM »

Arm span is 170 cm.

Uppland

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 07:39:09 PM »

Hold on so you've lenghtened 12 cm above your original height?
If I got that right you look great mate and I've got little to worry about. It could even be a slight aestethic perk for us ll patients as our hipbones should be shorter than our naturally taller peers so we can get that V-look with more easy.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 03:25:28 PM »

Hold on so you've lenghtened 12 cm above your original height?
If I got that right you look great mate and I've got little to worry about. It could even be a slight aestethic perk for us ll patients as our hipbones should be shorter than our naturally taller peers so we can get that V-look with more easy.

No I've just been lengthening tibias so far, but if I want to go for femurs later I'd like to be able to reach 5'10.

Hadn't considered that it would be easier to get a v-taper. Those do look good.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 04:43:24 PM »

No I've just been lengthening tibias so far, but if I want to go for femurs later I'd like to be able to reach 5'10.

Hadn't considered that it would be easier to get a v-taper. Those do look good.

How much have you lengthened Tibias? Also did you use externals and how is your athletic performance? Thanks and GL with 5ft10, good height!

Uppland

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »

Read kilokahn's diary looks like he's aiming for 6 cm and I think he's still in india.

-Godspeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up