Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: St. Petersburg Lengthening -- DISTRACTION COMPLETED  (Read 4107 times)

Big Decision

Re: St. Petersburg Lengthening -- DISTRACTION COMPLETED
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2019, 07:56:47 PM »

Hey California2,

How is your pain level now,

I have past two weeks,  and still having variety of pains(mostly nerve pain)
Stabbing pain from button of my feet,  electric pulse from my left heel and some bone pain are the strongest.

Lyrica doesn't seem to be working anymore. I take up to 4 pills a day.

Edema is still there,  as strong as it can be.

California2

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2019, 09:02:31 PM »

Big Decision:

I was thinking about you today--I am glad you checked-in.

I am essentially pain-free.  I take a single aspirin twice each day to prevent blood clots but haven't even taken Tylenol (acetaminophen) for a couple of weeks.

My edema is 90% gone.

I leave my feet down most of the day and go about a normal routine except when I am weight-bearing (usually by putting my feet on a bathroom scale and sitting with my desk on my knees) or working out (I am riding a recumbent bicycle fairly aggressively).

Are you keeping your feet above your heart?  Are you wearing tight compression stockings?  (I still wear mine 24/7 but they have become pretty loose.)

Are you sleeping better and gaining weight? 

Are your wounds healing?  All of my wounds are almost healed--no more scabs--still some discoloration and indentation but I will likely begin lap swimming next week now that all of the skin is closed over.

I wonder if it is more beneficial to focus on what you can do now rather than focus on aches and pains?

It is normal to feel more pain during consolidation as swelling decreases.  The swelling sometimes interferes with nerve transmission so you do not feel pain that is present; then, when the swelling decreases, the nerve impulse is able to transmit the pain that already was present but masked.

I found that when I had intermittent, non-specific pain, it was good to lean into that pain and try to make it worse.  Then, when I let off, the pain usually dissipated.

Are you doing PT?

Big Decision

« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2019, 10:37:23 PM »

Oh!! nice.

Never had Tylenol , i have to try it as my current pain killers are not working;

I juts took my stitches off, going to get tight compression stockings soon. i'm craving to take a bath, its been 4 months.

My sleeping has gotten worse, it's random because of medication,
I could be my depression too, going to ask my doctor some unti-depressing medications.

my wounds are healing well, it's mostly scabs now...  you're thinking about swimming?wow, i miss it so much.

I sit behind my desk a few hours a day, my legs are down during this time. my feet are numb but feeling strong enough now to put them on the floor and pull them back to the bed again. feet numbness is one of the biggest concern i have right now, as i don't know how long it will take to see some change , i can pluck hair from my feet without feeling any pain.

I'm going to start PT from tomorrow, as u know i have knee compression, still can't straight out my legs. right know i do use stationary bike every day. plus my toes have bent inward in result of not walking.
I use my feet on the floor while i'm moving on wheelchair to sort of simulate walking.

That's great to hear your Edema is getting better, i'm going to try some unti-inflammatory foods and oil and see, i'm really tired of it .

In overall i'm looking at you and hoping to pass these, however my body surprises me . like the bed sore i have,  it's getting better, can you imaging not being able to sit normally or sleep on your back, it made me really weak,

I'm just fighting , even though i don't have much fight left in me.
Feel free to PM me anytime please.

California2

« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »

Big Decision:

Perhaps you are proof that you can do all sorts of unusual things and still successfully lengthen your legs?

Feet being numb and toes curling under is pretty normal.  That stuff will go away when you start walking.

How did you get a bedsore?  That happens when you lay in one spot without moving for too long.  Why not get out of bed and into a wheelchair with footrests and get out of the house?

Tylenol is an over-the-counter mild medicine that people use for headaches and minor muscle aches--no need to try it. 

Maybe it would be helpful to get off some medications, get outside, and get some sunshine and fresh air everyday?

Big Decision

« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2019, 12:07:01 AM »

That's right,  I need sun on daily basis.
Since I don't move much, my body is always cold,  even with layers of shirt and winter jacket I always wear.

I don't know when my bed sore started  maybe during my travel.

California2

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2019, 06:05:23 PM »

Here are several photo montages created by Dr. Kulesh that chronicle my LL journey:

The first is my initial surgery and x-rays:

Next is Achilles Tendon Lengthening (ATL) by gradual hexapod (slow lengthening):

Third is stabilization of ATL and continued distraction (ATL hexapods removed):

Fourth is final correction via hexapod and LATN nail insertion:

Big Decision

« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2019, 03:39:56 PM »

Intensive surgery! Hope you are doing better.

You mentioned your Edema is gone, does it come back when you sit on a chair?
Mine comes back,when I sit on a chair like a normal human being.

California2

« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2019, 08:26:00 PM »

I still have about 10% edema in my feet and toes and my toes are still a bit curled.  I do not expect these last bits to resolve completely until I am walking regularly.

Sitting in a chair is not a factor for me because I am working full-time and doing all my regular activities from a wheelchair so I am always sitting in a chair.  When I wake up in the morning, all edema is essentially gone; however, it tends to build up at about 10% of what it was when it was bad throughout the day.

I just give myself a foot rub and put up my feet in the evening; then, the swelling goes down.

It sounds like you are doing much better.  Did you start wearing compression stockings?

Big Decision

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2019, 01:39:29 AM »

My Edema comes back pretty strong when I sit and my left toe is badly curled, I started working on it.

I didn't buy compression stockings as my nurse recommended me to talk to my Dr first. I got something similar, long tight socks but didn't wear them a lot, made me uncomfortable, i've been wearing very short socks instead.

After all I guess my biggest problem is my right foot being dead. :(

California2

« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2019, 03:26:03 PM »

3.5 Months After LATN

zlRadamanthys

« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2019, 04:04:15 PM »

Great update friend, how is your walk now ?, Would you be willing to upload a video to see how your recovery ?. What is your proportion of tibia and femur ?. I am thinking of doing the same method you did in the warmth, my initial height is 169 cm, which would be the maximum recommended by you and I would also like to know if I would recommend to doctors Solomin and Kulesh for this procedure. Thank you
Morning height: 170-171 cm
Night height: 169cm - 168cm
Inseam: 80 cm
Winspan: 178 cm
My objetive is: 6,5 or 7 cm

California2

« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2019, 09:09:19 PM »

To zlRadamanthys:

From my perspective, folks on this forum who are considering leg lengthening can become over-involved analyzing less important details. 

For example, the relative length of one's tibias as compared to one's femurs.  I have never looked at a person and thought "wow, his/her tibias are really long compared to his/her femurs."  Perhaps if someone's shank was significantly longer or shorter than the thigh, I might notice; however, if a person's top and bottom half of legs are within 75% of each other, I don't think I would notice.

To me, it is more important to first decide whether you want to handle the challenges and inconvenience of the surgery.  If so, what can you afford and what are you willing to spend?

Next, select a surgeon in your price range.  For me, I could afford Paley but I would never be willing to pay Paley rates for surgery so I investigated other surgeons who offered a price point that I might be willing to pay.

If you identify a couple of potential surgeons; then, interface with them to select the one you want.  Then, talk with your surgeon to decide most other issues.

For example, I thought I wanted LON on my femurs.  After talking with my surgical team, we decided on LATN on my tibias.

Last, I decided on Solomin/Kulesh because I was greatly impressed by their skill and experience.  The fact that I saved about $100K as compared to someone like Paley was icing on the cake.  After going through the procedure, I do not hesitate to recommend them.  In fact, I now know they are even better than I expected.

But external lengthening is not for everybody.  Internal seems to offer a shorter process with less pain and disability during the process.  If I could have gotten internal lengthening for $20K from a reputable surgeon, I would have selected that process.  But you can't get internal lengthening for $20K.

Last, I suspect some on this forum are merely trolls for certain surgeons.  I write this because the level of toxic, dumbass commentary from several who have not had the surgery is untenable.  Every surgery has inherent risks; yet, most surgeons who regularly perform cosmetic lengthening are very aware of risks and exercise appropriate caution good judgment when performing the surgery. 

tlannister

« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2019, 09:18:01 PM »

3.5 Months After LATN

wtf?

when u last posted a pic of your tibia post LL i thought the image was vertically upscaled.
then i see this.

let this serve as warning to all new patients considering over 6cm let alone 9 cm in tibia.

Edit:
wtf again.. your ankles. whats up with them? it looks like you are tippy toeing, same with the other picture u posted. But there you can see the heels are touching the floor.
fking disaster of a LL and yet you have the audacity to roam around this forum giving advices to newbies. fking state of this community.

Big Decision

« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »

I'm really happy seeing you standing up!!

Great job!

By the way, did you do scar removal? I don't see any scar.

California2

« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »

I still have some indentations and discoloration; however, most has already faded and filled-in.  The lighter bumps below my knees are the screw heads under my skin--I will remove the screws next year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up