Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 123569 times)

Purushrottam

Hey, you could do 8cm right? And why not do that? Being 5'5.5 would be very good, whatever boot you wore would reach you in exact 5'7. Think about it!

5'5.5 is not a bad height to end with. An extra month of recovery isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

InFullStryde

5'5.5 is not a bad height to end with. An extra month of recovery isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks guys!  I'll do the best I can.   Since my starting height was 5'1.25" the maximum end height I can hope to achieve would be about 5'4.33".  It's a great goal to aim for. We'll see how tomorrow goes and I'll update.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Purushrottam

Oh sorry I did the math wrong.

InFullStryde

Oh sorry I did the math wrong.

You got my hopes up, guys. Thanks a a lot!  >:(

haha - Just kidding. 
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

InFullStryde

(Friday) Day 85 Post Op - Check Up w/ Dr. Mahboubian [6.7 cm or 2.63 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers,

Well today was a big one folks... Today was the day that I would be evaluated by Dr. Mahboubian and together, would evaluate  my current goals, body, and decide whether I should stop height lengthening or keep going strong.   I arrived to the offices and they got me right into my x-rays without delay.   Donna, their X-Ray tech is excellent.  She is personable, professional and just makes you feel welcome.  LL is tough and it's great that every time you visit the Doctor you're greeted by positive, smart, and customer service oriented folks.   All went well with X-Rays. I will post below. 

Dr. Mahboubian came in and we started the evaluation. He had me demonstrate several flexibility tests  and he was just fine with my current flexibility. He noted that I had lengthened 6.7cm and this confirmed my measurement as well.  Today was a great day for me physically.  My legs were straightening very well and my duck ass wasn't too bad at all. My walking and PT is paying off. I was able to stand up fairly erect which is excellent to see.  The doctor also had me to demonstrate my current walking (no crutches) and although its stiff as is to be expected, the steps looked really good and I was even able to high knee march.  Needless to say, my sister who was there with me and Dr. M were very pleased with what they saw.  "You're doing great!" he says and encouraged me that based on my current physical condition that I should push for 7.5cm, at least. This will give me a maximum return on this investment.  He undoubtedly felt that I can achieve this amount with little trouble.  With all of this in mind, I agreed, that to reach the 3" milestone would be the ultimate in my experience and al though I am very happy with my current gain; the truth is that being over 5'4" with this 3rd inch achieved would truly be life changing from my perspective.

I'm excited and re-energized for 1 last week of pushing hard.   I also appreciate Dr. M for being a great coach as well as Doctor.   I was perfectly happy with calling it quits today; but he's right...I wanted more, and my body is in capable shape and he gave me the green light to push for that final little bit and accomplish that 3rd inch. 

Here are my X-Rays below guys.  I'm going to give it all i got with walking, stretching, standing... and will close out my phase 1 of distraction strong...and with life changing results in tact.   Thank you again and let me know if you have any questions for me..

EDIT: One Last, P.S. I drove my car for the first time in 3 months today! I felt great. I plan to return to work Friday, April 5th.  In fact, I plan to return to my full normal routine on April 5th.  Which means, working out at 4:00am, At work from 6:30am to about 3:00pm, head to PT, and then back home to close out the evening. I will drive myself to all locations and will use my crutches for safety. I will stretch one time before work, one time at work, and then at PT.  During which time, I will stand as much as possible, and walk unassisted when it is safe.   I'm excited to be reintegrating back into my life. My goal is to walk somewhat normal enough by mid June, guys... A big event that I would like to take my lady too.  Send me good vibes! I really want this for her and I! Thanks again and talk soon.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:22:13 AM by InFullStryde »

BeYourBest

Hey IFS,

Congratulations! You’ve done so well and it’s great that your body is allowing you to go even further.

I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the lengthening phase. I have no doubts that you will be able to reach your new goal.

Did Dr. M mention anything about how this additional length can impact you physically with years to come? As in would you feel more athletic if you had stopped here? 

I’m sure that you would but I’m just curious to know what Dr. M had to say about post LL life years from now, in particular with comparisons with 6cm of lengthening compared to 7+ .

Anyway, keep strong my friend.

All the best 

InFullStryde

I'm rooting for you to keep going.

Thank you!

InFullStryde

Hey IFS,

Congratulations! You’ve done so well and it’s great that your body is allowing you to go even further.

I wish you the best of luck for the rest of the lengthening phase. I have no doubts that you will be able to reach your new goal.

Did Dr. M mention anything about how this additional length can impact you physically with years to come? As in would you feel more athletic if you had stopped here? 

I’m sure that you would but I’m just curious to know what Dr. M had to say about post LL life years from now, in particular with comparisons with 6cm of lengthening compared to 7+ .

Anyway, keep strong my friend.

All the best

Hi buddy! Dr. M is confident that you can return to your full abilities as long as you work hard to regain your flexibility and train like a pro.   There is no doubt that the CLL process will take a slice out of your flexibility and strength during those initial months post surgery; but the 8cm nail limit was specifically designed because it is indeed the accepted limit for the muscle.  If you work hard before, during, and after CLL...one can return to their athletic abilities.  (Just don't exceed 8cm)

As far as long term results... I have found nothing on the internet or have heard from the US CLL doctors that their are any negative long term affects of CLL so long that you remain within 5cm for Tibias and 8cm for Femurs.  I would say however; as a man that is actually going through CLL that it would be wise to continue your rehab post CLL for an extended period of time...meaning years.   Stretching and leg strengthening needs and should be apart of your regular exercise routine going forward.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 03:45:11 AM by InFullStryde »

kanye007

• Visitor

Hey InFullStryde. Im really happy to hear that your LL jouney is finally coming to an end and you have achieved all the results youve been hoping for. Would it be possible if i could private message you to know more about your entire procedure. Im new on this forum and want to know a few things before i make my decision of undergoing the surgery.

Thanks

InFullStryde

Hey InFullStryde. Im really happy to hear that your LL jouney is finally coming to an end and you have achieved all the results youve been hoping for. Would it be possible if i could private message you to know more about your entire procedure. Im new on this forum and want to know a few things before i make my decision of undergoing the surgery.

Thanks

Hi Kanye,

I'm glad to assist.  PM me any time with questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Talk soon,

wannagrowtaller

Dr. Mahboubian came in and we started the evaluation. He had me demonstrate several flexibility tests  and he was just fine with my current flexibility. He noted that I had lengthened 6.7cm and this confirmed my measurement as well.  Today was a great day for me physically.  My legs were straightening very well and my duck ass wasn't too bad at all. My walking and PT is paying off. I was able to stand up fairly erect which is excellent to see.  The doctor also had me to demonstrate my current walking (no crutches) and although its stiff as is to be expected, the steps looked really good and I was even able to high knee march.  Needless to say, my sister who was there with me and Dr. M were very pleased with what they saw.  "You're doing great!" he says and encouraged me that based on my current physical condition that I should push for 7.5cm, at least. This will give me a maximum return on this investment.  He undoubtedly felt that I can achieve this amount with little trouble.  With all of this in mind, I agreed, that to reach the 3" milestone would be the ultimate in my experience and al though I am very happy with my current gain; the truth is that being over 5'4" with this 3rd inch achieved would truly be life changing from my perspective.

Congratulations. I hope you will be fine with 7.5cm or more.
Go for it

Ghostfish

Hi IFS

Congrats on your great progress!!  I am very happy for you!  Yes, solid 3 inches is a huge achievement.  You will see a big difference after that.  Keep up the good work!!

Great321

Congratulations ;D

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram

Thanks Hex! I think that for me, 8cm would be about 5'4.35"...but even that would be amazing.  It will all depend on if my body can tolerate it.  Tomorrow will be a big day as myself and Dr. M talk about where I stand and where I should go.  Thank you again for the support, man!

Oh, great progress.
I am safety and my workmate is 1.63m 5'4.3 in height.

And I kicked his height as 5'6 when I was talking to him, but he said he was 5'4.3 but he did not look like that because he wore a thick boot. Soon it did not look so below average, it's a relatively good time! ;D
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

InFullStryde

Oh, great progress.
I am safety and my workmate is 1.63m 5'4.3 in height.

And I kicked his height as 5'6 when I was talking to him, but he said he was 5'4.3 but he did not look like that because he wore a thick boot. Soon it did not look so below average, it's a relatively good time! ;D

That is awesome, man.  Being a bit over 5'4" will put me in reach of some wonderful options. I really appreciate your support and positive outlook. 

InFullStryde

Hi IFS

Congrats on your great progress!!  I am very happy for you!  Yes, solid 3 inches is a huge achievement.  You will see a big difference after that.  Keep up the good work!!

Thanks, Man! One more week to go...and I'm all done with the hard part! I really appreciate your support and encouragement.

InFullStryde

Congratulations. I hope you will be fine with 7.5cm or more.

Thank you! About one more week to go! I'm thankful to you for following my journey and your positive thoughts and words.

InFullStryde

Congratulations ;D

Thank you, Great321 for following my journey.   The hard part is almost over and I cannot wait to begin taking baby steps back into my life.  Thank you, again.

BeYourBest

Hi buddy! Dr. M is confident that you can return to your full abilities as long as you work hard to regain your flexibility and train like a pro.   There is no doubt that the CLL process will take a slice out of your flexibility and strength during those initial months post surgery; but the 8cm nail limit was specifically designed because it is indeed the accepted limit for the muscle.  If you work hard before, during, and after CLL...one can return to their athletic abilities.  (Just don't exceed 8cm)

As far as long term results... I have found nothing on the internet or have heard from the US CLL doctors that their are any negative long term affects of CLL so long that you remain within 5cm for Tibias and 8cm for Femurs.  I would say however; as a man that is actually going through CLL that it would be wise to continue your rehab post CLL for an extended period of time...meaning years.   Stretching and leg strengthening needs and should be apart of your regular exercise routine going forward.

Good advice once again about continuing rehab for an extended period of time for sure. I don't think I would ever stop stretching/strengthening/working out post LL just to ensure that I have no physical problems at all. And there is no harm in that considering stretching is good for ones general health.

I am sure there are negative long term affects of CLL, no? Such as premature arthritis and such? I mean I got that from reading this forum but I am yet to consult various doctors to confirm whether this is true. And I guess it depends on how much one lengthened, on which leg segment, which lengthening method, and their overall health and wellbeing as well of course. Not to mention how experienced the doctor was etc. Man there are a lot of variables! I hope to gain more information on femur STRYDE patients.

Anyway, once again I hope the next few days go by quick for you :D !

All the best!

InFullStryde

Good advice once again about continuing rehab for an extended period of time for sure. I don't think I would ever stop stretching/strengthening/working out post LL just to ensure that I have no physical problems at all. And there is no harm in that considering stretching is good for ones general health.

I am sure there are negative long term affects of CLL, no? Such as premature arthritis and such? I mean I got that from reading this forum but I am yet to consult various doctors to confirm whether this is true. And I guess it depends on how much one lengthened, on which leg segment, which lengthening method, and their overall health and wellbeing as well of course. Not to mention how experienced the doctor was etc. Man there are a lot of variables! I hope to gain more information on femur STRYDE patients.

Anyway, once again I hope the next few days go by quick for you :D !

All the best!

All sounds good here.  I would love see more medical documents published on the long term effects of limb lengthening. Even when I google the topic, there isn't much to go off of.   My only line of defense to this point is to take good care of myself and don't overdue it on my joints as I age. I'm 37; so 50, 60 will hit me faster than I know.  I'll update the forum on how I'm doing as time passes, for sure.

BeYourBest

All sounds good here.  I would love see more medical documents published on the long term effects of limb lengthening. Even when I google the topic, there isn't much to go off of.   My only line of defense to this point is to take good care of myself and don't overdue it on my joints as I age. I'm 37; so 50, 60 will hit me faster than I know.  I'll update the forum on how I'm doing as time passes, for sure.

I suppose that in this moment of time your doctor is the best person to tell you these things and Dr. M seems positive.

I am sure you will take good care of yourself. Long term updates would be very much appreciated by the LL community :D !

InFullStryde

(Saturday) Day 86 Post Op - Finishing Strong....[6.8 cm or 2.68 inches Taller!]

Greeting LL'ers,

Not much to report today..other than I'm a mm taller.  I should be 100% completed with my distraction by next Sunday.  Fortunately, I did not feel any new tightness today after my turns on the ERC machine; which is great. I have been stretching 3 times a day, walking and standing consistently.  I can't provide a measurable impact that all the extra work has; but it certainly helps me feel looser when I'm stretching consistently throughout the day.  Things went well today. I will update tomorrow as well. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.  Have a great weekend and best regards

-IFS

kanye007

• Visitor

Hey IFS, I sent you a PM please find the time to reply whenever possible

Thanks

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram

So, u gonna use a some elevator shoe? To take exactly 5'7.
so 3 inches elevator shoes are confortable in my opinion...
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

InFullStryde

So, u gonna use a some elevator shoe? To take exactly 5'7.
so 3 inches elevator shoes are comfortable in my opinion...

I agree. I just might try on a pair.  All kinds of styles. 2- 3 inch elevators are comfortable and discreet. At 5'4" I'm in a much better spot than before.  Grateful.

totallyred

Can you walk unaided for some distance? If yes, how much?

InFullStryde

Can you walk unaided for some distance? If yes, how much?

Hi Totally Red!

I haven't tried for distance yet;; but If i really tried, I think I could walk a a good 50 yards or more on a good day where I wasn't feeling too tight.  As you get more distracted;  you get tighter and experience muscle soreness; so it can be a task to walk.  I can't wait until I'm done lengthening. Just 1 more week.

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 87 Post Op - Finishing Strong....[6.9 cm or 2.71 inches Taller!]

Greeting LL'ers,

I'm 6 days away from 3 inches.   Send me your good vibes.  I am feeling no pain.  I was feeling a bit tight; but miraculously have loosened up to a very tolerable state. I feel better now than I did at the 5cm mark. Go figure.  I'm doing my PT / Stretching 2 to 3 times a day and pressing on. Not much to report; other than this is getting real interesting.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.  Have a great weekend and best regards

-IFS
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:07:27 AM by InFullStryde »

Purushrottam

Keep up the PT man! I could definitely sense more tightness when I neglected the PT (or did it half heartedly). 3 inches is quite an achievement. In hindsight, maybe I should have pushed a little harder and gone for 3 inches instead of 3.7 inches. The difference in recovery time and athletic ability is really small in the grand scheme of things.

InFullStryde

Keep up the PT man! I could definitely sense more tightness when I neglected the PT (or did it half heartedly). 3 inches is quite an achievement. In hindsight, maybe I should have pushed a little harder and gone for 3 inches instead of 3.7 inches. The difference in recovery time and athletic ability is really small in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks, Man! Yep, doing PT 3 times a day right now and hoping to reach 7.5cm without to much trouble. We will see how it goes!

ShortLivesMatter

Keep up the great work and go for the full 8cm man, that way you might be satisfied and won't have to do tibia like I'm going thru and suffering at the moment haha. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Up