Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 122446 times)

mr.strydestrange

• Visitor

hello IFS i have been reading your forum from first page to the last page, i must say... one of the best posts i have ever read in this forum! you inspire me to do it with stryde. I wish you the best health!

InFullStryde

hello IFS i have been reading your forum from first page to the last page, i must say... one of the best posts i have ever read in this forum! you inspire me to do it with stryde. I wish you the best health!

Thank you, Buddy. I will say that 3 inches is entirely worth it.  If I had stopped at 2 inches; I would have still been happy.  My weekly update is coming, today.  Appreciate you following my journey. We are almost there!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 142 Post Op - Day 50 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers

I hope all is well. I just wanted to check in once again and report on my weekly update.  Things continue to get better each day!  I have to admit its a nice thing when you feel your body responding naturally to healing.  My walk is getting closer to normal. I would say the main thing that is preventing a pretty much normal walk is just my APT which is getting better. I feel less and less pull on the back and pelvis as the day goes by.   The quads, specifically, the rector femorus and hip flexors is what is tight and must continue to be released.   I will continue to stretch and strengthen and I'm looking forward to sending you a progress video in a bit over a week. I will try to send a video in about 10 days which will mark almost exactly 5 months post op and 2 months post lengthening.   My sleep is very good and I will be returning to the normal gym tomorrow to rebuild a more advanced level of upper body strength and begin training the legs.  I had mentioned that I was going back to the gym during an earlier post; but I ended up giving it another week or so.  I'm ready now.   

What bothers you during CLL at the 5 month point?

-You're still going to be tight in the quads and hips BUT you will be able to walk close to normal. It won't be your best gait or top speed or walking great distances, yet; but by month 5 w/ stryde you will most likely be comfortable and walking pretty darn well.   

-You will sleep like a baby most likely; but in the mornings your tightness will be at it's tightest.  It gets better each day. Be patient.

-At month 5, you are nearly walking normally but NOT QUITE and you are just ready to get going to the next step and move forward with life! It can get tough to wait; but hold on tight. In another 4-8 weeks; you're going to feel great and feel the great healing you desire.  I can't wait to experience another several weeks of healing! 

Guys let me know if you have any questions. I'll check in and I'm glad to assist.

All the Best,

IFS

Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

Movie

Thanks for the update IFS, I'm happy everything is going well and the insight you've provided, you paved the stryde way for myself and maybe others in this forum, got my consultation tomorrow with Mahboubian  ;D I'll be mentioning you sent me here hopefully get the referral discount haha
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

star-ray

BIGGG CONGRATSSS IFS!!!!!! 

tiggy

Great update IFS! You have been an inspiration to many of us. Keep up the great work brother.

TheAlchemist

This is amazing progress - huge congrats - it's great to see all of the hard work you've put in start to pay off!

Again, thank you for the detailed, honest, informative look at your progress. You are an inspiration.

Really looking forward to the next video!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

psilocybe

Can someone explain what exactly APT is? I've seen this abbreviated but Google doesn't help.

InFullStryde

Can someone explain what exactly APT is? I've seen this abbreviated but Google doesn't help.

Hey man! This is actually standing for anterior pelvic tilt.  All it is...is when the quads are tight and pull pelvis downward a bit and makes you want to lean forward a bit. Usually its solvable with a month or two of PT.  The other name of it is called Duck Ass. Lol.

InFullStryde

This is amazing progress - huge congrats - it's great to see all of the hard work you've put in start to pay off!

Again, thank you for the detailed, honest, informative look at your progress. You are an inspiration.

Really looking forward to the next video!

Thank you! Looking forward to sharing the video with the community and appreciate your support and interest in my journey!

Great update IFS! You have been an inspiration to many of us. Keep up the great work brother.

Thank you Tiggy! Keep going strong, yourself.  It gets good, eventually!

BIGGG CONGRATSSS IFS!!!!!! 

Thank you, Star-Ray! Appreciate it, man!

Thanks for the update IFS, I'm happy everything is going well and the insight you've provided, you paved the stryde way for myself and maybe others in this forum, got my consultation tomorrow with Mahboubian  ;D I'll be mentioning you sent me here hopefully get the referral discount haha

Good luck on your consultation man! My next appointment with Dr. M is in about 5 weeks from now and my bone should be looking real good by then and I anticipate walking right into his office at the 6-month mark with a great looking gait.  Feel free to let him know about me as well! I did mention you we're coming his way!

All the Best!

IFS

21FRANCO

HOW ARE YOU DOING MY GUY !!!???

InFullStryde

HOW ARE YOU DOING MY GUY !!!???

Doing great, man! Thanks for checking.  I'll be posting a progress walking video in about about 9 days. Legs are getting stronger and I can feel myself getting better bit by bit, day by day. 

21FRANCO

I'm really happy my dude congrats!!.. you don't know how bad I want to do this procedure 😔

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 149 Post Op - Day 57 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers

It is another week down and I must report some great gains! I am starting to feel like I am approaching the status of having calm, comfortable, normal legs.  I am still experiencing tight quads and hips but my speed is just below average walking speed now at 2.5 mph (Average speed is about 3mph).  Additionally, my back is not hurting me anymore while walking and my stride has increased nicely. Overall I'm feeling much more comfortable. My anterior pelvic tilt (aka duck ass!) has improved a great deal as well, hence why my back pain has subsided significantly.  I'm going to start working out the legs at the gym tomorrow which should help accelerate my healing that much more as well as help me return and perhaps even surpass my previous physical appearance. All in time....myfriends.. All-in-time.  I will be posting a video of my latest walking gait by this Friday..so be on the lookout!  I am currently just a few days below 5 months post-op and 2 months post lengthening. 

Additional Notes:

-I am 100% returned back to my necessity life of working, working out, going out for drinks, parties, dinner, etc.
-I am able to walk 1 mile unassisted. Muscles are tired at the end but I can do it. 
-Can do a slow slow jog and have increased agility as well. Will try to demonstrate a bit on video
-My flexibility is improving nicely. I'm about 85-87% of what I was before surgery
-Challenges that exist at this phase: Getting up from a chair is not a walk in the park, but I am able to do it pretty smoothly. Still not 100% on that.   When resting or laying down for a long time, such as when asleep, it can take several minutes of warm up to deal with tightness.  Discomfort always goes away with some warm-up and stretching.  APT is still there but much much better.  Another month or two; it should subside even more.

That is it, for now, my friends.  I have my 6-month post-operative visit with Dr. M in late June and we'll see how my bone looks at almost exactly 6 months.

Thank you again for all of your support and guidance. I'm here to help as much as possible so please feel free to ask questions and our send me a PM as needed.

All the Best,

IFS!

tiggy

(Sunday) Day 149 Post Op - Day 57 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers

It is another week down and I must report some great gains! I am starting to feel like I am approaching the status of having calm, comfortable, normal legs.  I am still experiencing tight quads and hips but my speed is just below average walking speed now at 2.5 mph (Average speed is about 3mph).  Additionally, my back is not hurting me anymore while walking and my stride has increased nicely. Overall I'm feeling much more comfortable. My anterior pelvic tilt (aka duck ass!) has improved a great deal as well, hence why my back pain has subsided significantly.  I'm going to start working out the legs at the gym tomorrow which should help accelerate my healing that much more as well as help me return and perhaps even surpass my previous physical appearance. All in time....myfriends.. All-in-time.  I will be posting a video of my latest walking gait by this Friday..so be on the lookout!  I am currently just a few days below 5 months post-op and 2 months post lengthening. 

Additional Notes:

-I am 100% returned back to my necessity life of working, working out, going out for drinks, parties, dinner, etc.
-I am able to walk 1 mile unassisted. Muscles are tired at the end but I can do it. 
-Can do a slow slow jog and have increased agility as well. Will try to demonstrate a bit on video
-My flexibility is improving nicely. I'm about 85-87% of what I was before surgery
-Challenges that exist at this phase: Getting up from a chair is not a walk in the park, but I am able to do it pretty smoothly. Still not 100% on that.   When resting or laying down for a long time, such as when asleep, it can take several minutes of warm up to deal with tightness.  Discomfort always goes away with some warm-up and stretching.  APT is still there but much much better.  Another month or two; it should subside even more.

That is it, for now, my friends.  I have my 6-month post-operative visit with Dr. M in late June and we'll see how my bone looks at almost exactly 6 months.

Thank you again for all of your support and guidance. I'm here to help as much as possible so please feel free to ask questions and our send me a PM as needed.

All the Best,

IFS!

Hey IFS,
Great progress man! I certainly see why getting up from a chair is a big challenge! It requires strong legs and balance. Funny how something as simple as getting up from a chair is taken for granted pre-op, I certainly did. But the extra inches are worth the hussle to getting that ability back. You are doing great brother, I'm very happy to read about the progress you are making ;). Looking forward to more updates in the future!

Movie

Greetings CLL'ers

Additional Notes:

All the Best,

IFS!

Excellent! Thanks for the update IFS  8)
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

lax2018

• Visitor

great!!  thanks for your post again!

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 156 Post Op - Day 63 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good morning CLL'ers!

Another week down and I wanted to just provide a weekly update.  I am getting better, STILL, a bit by bit each and every day.   I'm walking around with no assistance and my walk is looking pretty good, but not 100%... I'd say 90%.  It takes time due to the tightness in the quadriceps.   

Notes below:

-Walking is now approaching normal. If my CLL procedure was a plane ride; the captain would be on the loudspeaker saying "Good evening Passengers, please be seated and buckle up; we are now starting our descent into sunny Los Angeles California; 3 inches taller, of course.  I'm on the final leg of this stretch guys. 

-My Duck Ass is just about healed.  Thank goodness. It just takes time; so when you do get Duck ass and trust me you most likely will get some duck ass if you stretch your height 3 inches; don't panic; just keep working out and stretching and it gets better.  My back pain is now gone.

-The two areas that need remediation still...Quadriceps muscles feel tight, particularly above the knee area. Must stretch, stretch, stretch, and continue walking and performing my usual motions in order to break down this tightness and have the stretched muscle adjust to the new length.   Another area is the strength of my legs.  After you're done lengthening it will take some time, probably a few months or more to regain the strength you need to walk long distances. I can walk about 1 mile right now however, I'm pretty tired afterward. I must continue to walk and train to get stronger.  In due time.

-I have no more pain

-I am just about 100% returned back to my normal life.  Other than moving a bit slowly as I recover; I no longer am having to compensate due to the CLL procedure.

I'll continue to update weekly and again, will provide a video of my walk at the 5-month point at some point this week.

Thank you again for all of your support and feel free to reach out with any questions.

TheAlchemist

Amazing InFullStryde! Your journey has been inspiring and your diary will be an asset for future LLers like myself. To see where you are now, after having faced all of your challenges and pushed through to get to a point where you are enjoying your height and living your best life, puts a huge smile on my face. Excited to see the video soon!

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All

This is one of the best diaries I've read on here, it's truly motivational.

FutureManuteBol

Keep pushing, bro!

InFullStryde

Keep pushing, bro!

Amazing InFullStryde! Your journey has been inspiring and your diary will be an asset for future LLers like myself. To see where you are now, after having faced all of your challenges and pushed through to get to a point where you are enjoying your height and living your best life, puts a huge smile on my face. Excited to see the video soon!

This is one of the best diaries I've read on here, it's truly motivational.

Thank you for the support, guys. I'm almost through this. 

21FRANCO

Hey man great to know you are doing really good in how many months after the surgery does the STRYDE come off also does it cost money to take them out?

InFullStryde

Hey man great to know you are doing really good in how many months after the surgery does the STRYDE come off also does it cost money to take them out?

Thank you. I just walked a mile unassisted and it felt good.   

Stryde comes out between 1-2 years. I will likely wait until after the Superbowl in 2020.   It costs about $7,000 after insurance.

21FRANCO

Does it exactly have to come out in 1-2 years or is it fine if you keep it in longer

PANDA:BEAR..

InFullStryde... has done... amazingly . He planned his surgery and went with one of the Worlds top doctors .... it certainly pays to get your surgery done by the top American doctors !

InFullStryde

Good afternoon CLL'ers!

As promised here is a video of me exactly 5 months + 7 day post-surgery! and 2 months post lengthening.  Still working on some tightness but getting there! I'm still weeks away from where I want to be but as you can see; progress is being made.  I feel pretty decent about where I'm at for the 5 month point.  I am going to continue to attend PT 3 times a week and keeping movin'! movin'!  All in all, however, I can walk again and I'm eternally grateful for that.  I'll have my usual weekly update on Sunday.   P.S. That is my sister laughing! It's pretty funny to go outside for the sole purpose to record your walk! Fun times. 

5 Month + 7 Day Post OP Walk (I'm actually doing maintenance work; so excuse the messy clothes and shoes)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:59:41 PM by InFullStryde »

lax2018

• Visitor

great!!
Thank you !

TheAlchemist

Amazing! Your walk  looks great and I love the side step you threw in at the end. Also, your proportions look really good! I hope my walk looks as good as yours at 5 months. This is so inspiring. I read through your entire diary and it’s given me an honest look at how much hard work this experience requires and how amazing the finish line is. Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:49:46 PM by TheAlchemist »

dinozzo

Great results, hard work and dedication pays off, good luck in your future.

jaybam

Looking good man! How long do you need PT for?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up