Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - Internal femurs Dr.Guichet - January 2018 - Milan (second lengthening)  (Read 11040 times)

simons

Hi there,

here we go again with my second surgery with Dr. Guichet after the first one successfully done in Marseille in August 2011 (seven years ago). The first time I went from 170cm to 177.5cm. This time hopefully from 177.5 to 187.5. In the old forum (not sure if the rules of this board would allow me to post links to other sites) you can find my diary (I had the same username).

I'm 33yo, Italian living in Milan. Born and raised in a town 20 minutes far from Milan. Everything from language to facilities are easier for me than foreigners but I have been really impressed by the "structure" that Dr. Guichet built over the years and that I'm going to describe below.

Before starting this discussion/diary I read few posts about Dr. Guichet on this forum. Some of them are not too positive but what makes me "happy" is that the issues are just about money and Guichet "disorganization". Nobody can be good at everything. Without my assistant I would forget even to pay my utility bills. Dr. Guichet needed a better structure to support his undiscussed professionalism and skills as a surgeon. What I have found in Milan was a very strong structure very well organized. The training center is 300 meters far from the doctor office and the team operating there is very friendly and skilled. They even help patients doing their daily clicking routine. I have seen with my eyes the trainer helping patients clicking their legs. I was shocked about the amazing level of the post-surgery service provided.

Actually I go the gym every single working day in order to increase muscles and flexibility. The trainer has helped re-learn some movements that I forgot about after my first surgery. Mission already accomplished. I will go into details in my future posts in this discussion. I will also keep a quite detailed dairy about the progress.

For people thinking that what I say is too good to be true I strongly suggest them to read my other diary written 7 (seven) years ago. You can also contact me here, call me on the phone, send me an email or meet me in person in Milan (usually from 9 A.M. to 11 A.M. I'm in the training center). Please contact me before coming so I can bring my x-rays with me and I can show you my legs (it sounds sexy!) ... then if you can prove that I'm a fake nick I promise I will pay your consultation with Dr. Guichet with my own money  ;)

I'm going to have my second surgery in March 2019 but the date is not mandatory. I have been very clear with Dr.Guichet: I wanted to be trained at 100% before the surgery. Living in Milan I can do that without any problem.

See you tomorrow with more details.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:17:21 PM by simons »

fivetenneeded2016

Hi there,

here we go again with my second surgery with Dr. Guichet after the first one successfully done in Marseille in August 2011 (seven years ago). The first time I went from 170cm to 177.5cm. This time hopefully from 177.5 to 187.5. In the old forum (not sure if the rules of this board would allow me to post links to other sites) you can find my diary (I had the same username).

I'm 33yo, Italian living in Milan. Born and raised in a town 20 minutes far from Milan. Everything from language to facilities are easier for me than foreigners but I have been really impressed by the "structure" that Dr. Guichet built over the years and that I'm going to describe below.

Before starting this discussion/diary I read few posts about Dr. Guichet on this forum. Some of them are not too positive but what makes me "happy" is that the issues are just about money and Guichet "disorganization". Nobody can be good at everything. Without my assistant I would forget even to pay my utility bills. Dr. Guichet needed a better structure to support his undiscussed professionalism and skills as a surgeon. What I have found in Milan was a very strong structure very well organized. The training center is 300 meters far from the doctor office and the team operating there is very friendly and skilled. They even help patients doing their daily clicking routine. I have seen with my eyes the trainer helping patients clicking their legs. I was shocked about the amazing level of the post-surgery service provided.

Actually I go the gym every single working day in order to increase muscles and flexibility. The trainer has helped re-learn some movements that I forgot about after my first surgery. Mission already accomplished. I will go into details in my future posts in this discussion. I will also keep a quite detailed dairy about the progress.

For people thinking that what I say is too good to be true I strongly suggest them to read my other diary written 7 (seven) years ago. You can also contact me here, call me on the phone, send me an email or meet me in person in Milan (usually from 9 A.M. to 11 A.M. I'm in the training center). Please contact me before coming so I can bring my x-rays with me and I can show you my legs (it sounds sxxy!) ... then if you can prove that I'm a fake nick I promise I will pay your consultation with Dr. Guichet with my own money  ;)

I'm going to have my second surgery in March 2019 but the date is not mandatory. I have been very clear with Dr.Guichet: I wanted to be trained at 100% before the surgery. Living in Milan I can do that without any problem.

See you tomorrow with more details.
Cheers!
Goodluck bro, Looking forward to read your diary :)
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Pilor

Good luck man !!

It would be great if you can give a short summery or your first lengthening. Especially about your recovery up to this day.

Kind regards

simons

Goodluck bro, Looking forward to read your diary :)

Thanks, another day spent at the gym. To be honest this daily routing (gym at 9 A.M.) keeps me fresh and in shape. Couldn't be happier.

simons

Good luck man !!

It would be great if you can give a short summery or your first lengthening. Especially about your recovery up to this day.

Kind regards

Hi there, thanks and sure ... my first lengthening was in Marseille in August 2011. I started from 170cm and went to 177.5. I spent one month in Marseille before the surgery to complete the pre-op training with the local team working for Dr. Guichet and then I spent another month there after the surgery. I completed my clicks at home. Consider that I completed the clicking in Oct 2011 and during Christmas holidays I was able to walk (like a duck) without crutches. In Feb 2012 I was able to walk around the city without stopping.

Pilor

What did you lengthen Femur or Tibia?

do you still feel any complications connected to the surgery in 2011? (Pain, Gait, Running, etc)

Thanks

simons

What did you lengthen Femur or Tibia?

do you still feel any complications connected to the surgery in 2011? (Pain, Gait, Running, etc)

Thanks

Femur. Dr. Guichet discouraged me about tibia due to slow ossification. I have very good bones but even for me femur is better than tibia.

I can do all exercises that other people do. No pain, nothing. Regarding running I have to say that I still have the nails inside my bones (they will be removed and replaced at the same time during the surgery). My nail is composed by a material that doesn't flex (remember that it's 7yo) and because of that I can run but I can't do it properly. In fact when you run, the femur flexes a little bit. Having a nail that doesn't flex inside of it the "movement" isn't natural. This "issue" has been fixed in the latest releases of the nails.

When I got to the gym to do my daily routine of exercises nobody has noticed anything because of I can do exactly what other people do. When I speak about my surgery the first reaction is "oh... really? nooo you are kidding me!" because I'm more than natural both in movements both the strength applied.

cool

So you're going to get 2 rounds on lengthening on just the femurs? That's a lot of length on one segment. I don't know of anyone who has done over 11cm on one segment.
8)

BladeRunner

So you're going to get 2 rounds on lengthening on just the femurs? That's a lot of length on one segment. I don't know of anyone who has done over 11cm on one segment.

so if he does femur again with 10 cm. he will have 17.5cm in total in femur!!

im worried, simons u sure tibias wont be better even if recovery takes longer?

simons

I'm aware of Dr. Guichet patients with something like 18cm. But I can be wrong. I'll make sure with trainer tomorrow so I can give you detailed information.

simons

so if he does femur again with 10 cm. he will have 17.5cm in total in femur!!

im worried, simons u sure tibias wont be better even if recovery takes longer?

At first I was 99% to do tibias. Dr. Guichet clearly discouraged me by listing a pretty fair number of reason against tibia. The golden rule is: femur whenever you want, tibia when it's needed.

I'm a male but think about female top models. They represent the perfection. Look at their legs.

cool

I am a believer that most people don't notice proportions but I do think 10cm is when people start noticing one segment longer than the other.

And it would be good if you can provide some proof simons. Some guy impersonated a member called Android on this forum so we can never be sure  ;D
8)

KrP1

you are going to look like a freak with that amount in your femurs , reconsider your decision

simons

I am a believer that most people don't notice proportions but I do think 10cm is when people start noticing one segment longer than the other.

And it would be good if you can provide some proof simons. Some guy impersonated a member called Android on this forum so we can never be sure  ;D

How can I prove it to you?

simons

you are going to look like a freak with that amount in your femurs , reconsider your decision

On the paper everything looks good :)

cool

How can I prove it to you?

How about?

1. Go back to old forum and post an update.
2. Show a photo of your legs / scars
8)

simons

How about?

1. Go back to old forum and post an update.
2. Show a photo of your legs / scars

http://www. /index.php/topic,4179.0.html

cool

Thanks. You are him afterall.

8)

Mickrod

• Visitor

http://www. /index.php/topic,4179.0.html

The link doesn't work.

cool

Hi simons :)

Can  you give us an update on what you've decided?
8)

simons

Hi simons :)

Can  you give us an update on what you've decided?

Hey there,

I apologize for not having updated the diary during the last week. My daily routing is always the same: gym 5 days a weeks (almost 3 hours session in the morning). I had a isokinetic test and the result was amazing according to the trainer.

Obviously we will proceed with the femur. I'm going to do a "femur length preview" with the trainer tomorrow. If it's something tangible I can post here the result. I'd like to know how femurs will look like after a gain of 10cm.

Just out of curiosity we met ivetenneeded2016 at the gym and he saw me jumping around. That's to explain that 100% of what I write is genuine.

Thanks
S

Cr7

Hi Simons
Read your diary on the old forum. After 7 years how do you feel. Any residual pain or discomfort(of any type) that you feel. How is your athletic(light activity) ability? What should a future patient expect after this operation after 6-7 Yaers, what I mean to ask is that there is going to be some trade off right. If you could pls tell that would be very helpful, it’s rare to have vets on the forum.

Best of luck for your future surgery.

simons

Hi Simons
Read your diary on the old forum. After 7 years how do you feel. Any residual pain or discomfort(of any type) that you feel. How is your athletic(light activity) ability? What should a future patient expect after this operation after 6-7 Yaers, what I mean to ask is that there is going to be some trade off right. If you could pls tell that would be very helpful, it’s rare to have vets on the forum.

Best of luck for your future surgery.

First of all thanks for your wishes  :)

I had no pain during the first LL, after and even now. My athletic ability has improved. I can jump, kick sandboxes (I'm Karate black belt) and do whatever I want. The only thing I can't do because of the the nail that I haven't removed yet (I'll do within the next surgery when it'll be replaced with the new one) is running. I can run but not in a good way. It's not a problem related to the surgery or recovery but it's the material of the nail. In fact when you run the femurs flex a bit, my nail - being the first generation - is entirely built of titanium and it doesn't flex. The current "release" of the nail is made of another material and it flexes.

A future patient should expect to live a normal life doing everything he used to do before LL. I strongly suggest to keep going regularly to the gym.

The best advice I can give is to follow strictly what the doctor says. Otherwise the result is not guaranteed and you can incur into some issues.

If you have more specific questions feel free to ask me.

Thanks,
S

JON SNOW

Sorry no sorry imo is insane than Dr.Guichet  allow/consent doing 10 cm more on yours alredy 7cm lengthen femurs

I am sure medically can be done, lengthen 17 cm bones, muscles, arteries etc over a period of 7-8 years BUT it would be a disaster on the biomechanics of tibia:femur ratio (normally .80 +- .02) and aesthetics

you mention female models legs, well they tend very ofen to have longer femurs, on the other hand male have usually longer tibias

i know Dr.Guichet doesn't do tibias, as advice please if you are dead serious in a second cll consider doing tibias instead even if it mean choosing another doctor and a more moderate amount of height to gain

this in my opinon would be a more sensible plan,  at the end of the day is your life, yours legs i truly wish you luck, a good result in the end

Singapore

Hi Simons,
I think 1m77.5 is a great height. Doing another 10cm on your femurs sounds very extreme to me...

Cr7

M of the same view that you shouldn’t do 10 cm on your femurs, I would say don’t do it at all coz I think u have already achieved a great height. Still if you want to do it gain not more than 4- 5 cm on the tibias.

simons

Sorry no sorry imo is insane than Dr.Guichet  allow/consent doing 10 cm more on yours alredy 7cm lengthen femurs

I am sure medically can be done, lengthen 17 cm bones, muscles, arteries etc over a period of 7-8 years BUT it would be a disaster on the biomechanics of tibia:femur ratio (normally .80 +- .02) and aesthetics

you mention female models legs, well they tend very ofen to have longer femurs, on the other hand male have usually longer tibias

i know Dr.Guichet doesn't do tibias, as advice please if you are dead serious in a second cll consider doing tibias instead even if it mean choosing another doctor and a more moderate amount of height to gain

this in my opinon would be a more sensible plan,  at the end of the day is your life, yours legs i truly wish you luck, a good result in the end

I started my first LL with a deficit of 5cm on my femurs. And nobody's noticed that. I gained 7.5cm, so I was 2.5cm above the "perfect" ratio. And nobody's noticed that. Now with 10cm more I'm going be at the same of of somebody who is doing LL starting from a normal height.

Guichet does tibias but he prefers femur for a long list of reasons discussed many times in this board. He suggested me femur and - since I trust him - I agreed. In the next days I'll do a sort of "preview" of my final legs. I'll post it here, I promise.

Btw I have already discussed an "exit strategy": if femurs will be too long we will proceed with tibias.

simons

M of the same view that you shouldn’t do 10 cm on your femurs, I would say don’t do it at all coz I think u have already achieved a great height. Still if you want to do it gain not more than 4- 5 cm on the tibias.

Well ... the final goal is 10cm BUT if I see that my femurs become too long I will stop and proceed (after the recovery) with tibias.

You may consider that insane but my situation is a bit different than other patients: I live 300 meters far from Dr. Guichet studio and 100 meters far from the gym  used for post-op training.

simons

Hi Simons,
I think 1m77.5 is a great height. Doing another 10cm on your femurs sounds very extreme to me...

Believe me here in Milan 177.5cm isn't a great height. A great height is 184-185cm. My goal is 187.5cm just to "maximize" the investment LOL

simons

Hey there,

just a quick note ... I think to be able to deliver the preview of femur tomorrow.

Thanks peeps

simons

Hey peeps,

just a quick update regarding the diary. I started my pre-op training on 21st Dec 2018 and almost 2 months later I have increased by 100% (doubled) or more my strength. At the beginning of the training I was able to lift 36kg on a singular leg. Now I can lift 112kg on the right and 100kg on the left. I'm talking about the leg press.

I have also corrected a couple of "movements" that I "forgot" about after the first LL. I can say that I'm totally in shape thanks to the strong and protein-rich diet created by the Dr. Guichet trainer for me. He asked me to list him that I like and dislike to eat and he came up with diet fitting both my needs both what I like to eat.

Many people underestimate the importance of the pre-op training. Dr. Guichet is crystal clear about that: if you are going loose 30% of your muscles after the surgery you have to increase your muscles of 30%.

I'm also working on the flexibility trying to reach 130/140° on the legs. Actually I'm at 110° starting from 80°. I have developed a sort of protocol for stretching exercises and I hope that it will help me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up