Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: TrailBlazer LON Tibia - Dr. Muharrem Inan  (Read 43450 times)

GeTs

Re: TrailBlazer LON Tibia - Dr. Muharrem Inan
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »

It's way less than what you'd pay for an X-ray in the United States. (Isn't it? Correct me if wrong.) I paid around $900 for the EOS scan during my initial consultation with Dr.Paley (which is a lot more costly than a regular x-ray, I admit, but I thought THAT price was ridiculous).
that price is ridiculous indeed

Time4LL

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »

Scars

Time4LL

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »

Scars Left Leg

Time4LL

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »

Scars Left leg

Time4LL

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »

KirP1,
The first photo shows how they frame look in baggy pants. Honestly you are not going to fool anyone even if you cover them up with trousers in my opinion. However maybe you would feel differently. The scars are the same on both legs. I think these scars will fade quickly and I really am not concerned about them. I am very happy about the scar on the knee as I really think it looks good. The scars that I worry about are the pinsite scars.

Hallijah,
I can do a full body shot sometime. I have to ask what you are wanting to see though? Is it just for proportion reasons? For people who are worried about proportions I think you are wasting your time. If you want height proportions is the least of your concerns IMO. However I would be happy to show you my proportions sometime when I get around to it.

GeTs

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »

Want to see 4 cm and 6 cm full body with u in trousers(no homo)

KrP1

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »

i think that the fixators are noticeable in trousers in the site of the knee

Time4LL

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »

Hallijah,
Haha You mean without trousers because with trousers will really show you nothing? but I can do it with trousers too.  I can do that I would be happy to help you out. I will take that picture on Sunday when I hit 4 cm of turning.

GeTs

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2014, 07:04:01 PM »

just don't forget to censor

Time4LL

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2014, 08:49:22 PM »

lol okay. I am glad you said something or else I might have forgotten haha,

KrP1

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2014, 12:19:04 AM »

Hey trail . How is all going? How do you feel?

Time4LL

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »

I am doing pretty well. I am at 5.3 cm and have really noticed it has gotten tougher right when you hit 5 cm. I am probably going to try to go to 6 or 6.5 cm and then stop. The process has gone by fast and I am ready for this part to be over with. It is tough because I really wanted to hit 7 cm but the doctor advises against going to that. He really seemed to want me to stop at 5 cm but I wasn't ready to stop then. I think that 6 cm is a good amount though. I said in the beginning I would be very happy with that amount.

KrP1

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »

Yeah man  . 6cm is a good amount. And you are average with that height

joax

« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2014, 08:27:14 PM »

Damn I'm jealous. My starting height is a bit higher than yours (1.73) and I would LOVE reaching 1.79. That's the perfect height in my country (well, maybe 1.80).

joax

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »

Could you provide information about the visa and how you arranged to stay in Turkey? I'm deciding where to get my LL done and acquiring as much info as possible. Thanks  :)

Time4LL

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2014, 05:37:07 PM »

Getting a three month visa is about the easiest thing you will ever do if you are from the United States. The Turkish government allows people from the US to get an electronic Visa that will allow one to stay in Turkey for 90 days in a 180 day period. Once you have stayed past the 90 days is when it gets more complicated. You will need a residence permit for the remaining time you will stay. I can't remember what you all need to get a residence permit but it is a hassle. I think one could probably lengthen in the 90 day span and than go home if they did it right though, that is if they don't go over 6 cm. I hope that helps!

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2014, 02:36:35 AM »

How you doing buddy? I am sure you are off crutches now. Please brief us how you doing.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

Time4LL

« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2014, 02:37:53 PM »

Frames are off and PTAL surgery
Hey sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. I am doing better now for some reason the second surgery really took a lot out of me.

I am not off crutches because unfortunately I had to get the PTAL surgery. That is of course the Percutaneous Tendon Achilles Lengthening. The healing time for this surgery is usually 6 weeks. I am in a cast right now but can walk with a walker. The PTAL surgery was very painful the first two days. I can honestly say it was the most pain I have ever been in, 10 out of 10 on the pain scale. It has since gotten better. I am doing a lot better now and am glad the fixator is off of me. At first I was upset that I needed the surgery but the doctor explained to me that physiotherapy wouldn't help and would take too long to recover. I trust his decision, unfortunately I had really tight achilles to start with.

My X-rays measure about 6.5 cm that I gained. I am extremely happy with that and felt that my legs would be getting too long if I went any more than that. If you want really big gains in one surgery do the femur in my opinion. When I first started my goal was 8 cm but that is too much and not worth it for me. I am not a big proportion guy but it would have looked silly had I gained that much. I am really happy with 6.5 cm and just am focusing on recovering now. I will never try and do a second lengthening, unless I win the lottery or something lol. I cannot say for sure I am glad I did this until I recover more, the height feels great. It just gets tiring not being able to be yourself I used to be very active, obviously I knew what I was getting myself into though.

GeTs

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2014, 03:31:26 PM »

Did u have straight legs before ? If not how much did u gain from it?

Time4LL

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »

I dont understand your question. Please clarify.

Time4LL

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »

I had straight legs and didn't have to have any correction if that is what you are asking.

Joel

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2014, 06:30:32 PM »

Pics of gains please :D
5'5 manlet of peace

KrP1

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2015, 07:00:39 PM »

hey man! how are you? are you walking? how do you fell?

Time4LL

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2015, 07:09:21 PM »

Update Time!

Dr. Inan
I think Dr. Inan is a top notch surgeon and I am happy with how he has helped me achieve my goal. He is very good at addressing problems and easy to talk to. I was talking to him about a concern I had and he told me "we want you to be 100% happy with the procedure and being 70% happy is unacceptable." i thought that was cool of him to say.

PTAL Lengthening

I have been doing pretty well. I have been in a walking cast for the last 3 weeks because of the PTAL lengthening but Monday I will be switching to a plastic splint that I can take on and off. I will have 3 more weeks and than I can start doing dorsiflexion of my ankle. The PTAL lengthening so far has not been that bad, from the forum I really thought it would be a lot worse.

Walking

I am still on crutches because I am just taking it slow. My legs feel solid with the internal nail but I don't want to rush back and mess something up. I try to walk around about an hour a day. It is weird because I can tell my balance is horrible at this point in time.

Height

Honestly the height is kind of hard to tell right now, I am not around people that I was when I had my old height so it doesn't seem like I am taller. However, I obviously am taller because I measure myself against the wall. Sometimes I have dreams that I am back to my old height which is terrible!

Amount Gained

I have gone back and forth on whether or not I am glad that I stopped at 6.35 cm instead of going to 7 cm. Sometimes I wish I pushed it farther to get to a solid 5'9" but than I realize that you can't get stuck in the numbers game. 6.5 mm is not that much and really doesn't make that much of different on how people will see you. I think that going past 6 cm is when you start losing athletic ability for the long term. It baffles me how someone that is 5'6" to start with could gain 10 cm in the tibia. Just my advice to future LLers.

Avoiding the forum

BTW I have been trying to avoid the forum because I don't want to think as much about height anymore. I am trying to get over my "height neurosis" and I feel it is easier if I avoid reading things about it. I do feel that I owe this forum a lot and so I try to update some.

Thanks Everyone!

KrP1

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2015, 07:22:37 PM »

nice to see that you are doing well bro! any knee pain?

Time4LL

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2015, 11:00:37 PM »

No knee pain at all. I might actually have beaten the odds :)

Arche

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »

Great diary man, I totally understand how you wanna wean yourself off the forum. "Out of sight out of mind," right? lol

Nonetheless, do update us every couple of months, especially with your recovery post 6+cm and PTAL! Thanks man and congrats.

Time4LL

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2015, 04:39:27 AM »

Hey Arche,

PTAL Surgery
I will give a quick update here for you. Last week I was able to start moving and stretching the Achilles. The PTAL surgery is not really that bad. It slows down recovery but is not as bad as some people on the forums have made it to be. I think that as long as the doctor doesn't cut the whole ligament that it can be recovered from quickly. I have been trying to rehab it by using elastic bands and working out my tendon. I have been rehabbing it for a week and it already feels much stronger.

How my legs feel
It is surprising to me but my legs feel very good. I have been very conservative with walking on them but every day I get more confidence to walk on them. My knees feel great and I have no pain in them and have no bending issues. I have no regrets doing LON.
There really isn't that much else to say, life just keeps going by.  LL isn't easy but it isn't that bad either. LL is a long process which is the hardest part.

IF anyone has any questions feel free to ask!!

KrP1

« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2015, 11:56:11 PM »

Nice to see you are geting better bro!

galaxy1

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2015, 04:10:51 AM »

Everything seems to be coming along well for you and I don't recall you having very much pain with LON/Monorails either.

I will have to bite the bullet and go with this doctor. I will be only lengthening 6 cm so I don't see anything going terribly wrong, even with monorails.

Time4LL

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2015, 06:51:43 AM »

As far as pain goes it has been not bad at all. The PTAL surgery was by far the most painful that was the worst two days for me. The first two weeks of the initial surgery is not great but manageable. I had the epidural for the first four days which I am sure would have been horrible without it.

I really like the monorails and don't see why they have such a bad reputation. I would get the monorails again I thought they were really comfortable considering the circumstances. The pins in the monorail are big but they do not hurt at all. The pins also are really strong and do not bend like the Illizarov. The only thing with the monorail is I am not sure if it can adjust alignment, but maybe they can.

@galaxy1 I think the most important thing is to have reasonable expectations which it seems you do with 6 cm. I remember when I first heard about this procedure I wanted 10 cm lol. Since I got here I have learned that it is better to be safe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up