Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey in Singapore with Doctor Sarbjit Singh. Internal Femurs using Precise  (Read 15256 times)

Singapore

How difficult is it to be in a wheelchair Singapore? Is it mentally too difficult?
Singapore is a first world country so they have access for wheelchair pretty much everywhere in the public. Being on the wheelchair suck for your circulation, and for the inconvenience of going to public places like restaurants and stuffs but its manageable. People are very nice here too. But its mentally difficult if you are by yourself. You should have friends or someone to talk to while doing this thing. And always going outdoor once a day to keep your mind sane.

Singapore

Good diary,fellow.Did Dr Singh perform the IT-band release for you?
Hey autfield,
Yeah man. If you do more than 5, he will perform IT band release as well.

autfield

• Visitor

Hey autfield,
Yeah man. If you do more than 5, he will perform IT band release as well.
I see. Thanks so much.

kenny90367

• Visitor

wish you good luck on March my friend!
By the way, is the 68k fee you mean is in Singapore currency? I am kinda confused on it

raku

Us dollar
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.

adidas

• Visitor

Hi Singapore, hows things? Heard you left Singapore 3 weeks back. Everything ok? ??? Haven heard from you in the forum for a while~

Singapore

Hi Singapore, hows things? Heard you left Singapore 3 weeks back. Everything ok? ??? Haven heard from you in the forum for a while~

Hey man,
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, everything is fine so far, it has been kinda boring for me really. I just had one small accident, but everything is still ok at this point :)

wish you good luck on March my friend!
By the way, is the 68k fee you mean is in Singapore currency? I am kinda confused on it

Hey man, it was in US dollar.

InFullStryde

Good to hear from you Singapore! The journey can be boring at times; but worth it at the end of course.  I hope everything is okay regarding the accident.   
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Singapore

Update day 46

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for not updating my diary in a long time. Just getting back to work a little bit. But my life has been boring and a bit depressing due to a few reasons that I cannot mention on here ( PM me if you want to know why). However, this problem will soon disappear when I got this thing   over with.

1. It is quite surprise that I do not have sleeping problem any more. I thought it only become harder and harder the more you lengthen. Now, I could sleep through the entire night without waking up 2-3 times in between  ;D

2. I had a small accident a week ago. I tried to stretch my knee in an awkward position. I thought it could help on my knee joint and hips. But I ended up overdoing it which made the Patella popped out of its position!? It made a loud scary cracking sound. And for a moment, I really thought that I broke the freaking nail. I went to see the doctor in my country to check on it, and everything seemed to be ok. Even though, I am not in pain, it does hurt a bit in some exercises  >:(

3. I crossed my 5cm milestone 2 days ago. At this point, I still have no pain and all of the discomforts that I mentioned from the beginning have been gone. I really think that I can make it to 6.5cm or even 7cm if my proportion allows it  :)

4. Finally, I think I said that I will post my Xray when I crossed 3 cm. I am sorry that I forgot to do that. This is my Xray 5 days ago, when I was at around 4.6 cm.

Singapore

Good to hear from you Singapore! The journey can be boring at times; but worth it at the end of course.  I hope everything is okay regarding the accident.
Hey man,
Yes. Now I can understand why these veterans just left the forum to move on with their life hahahaha

InFullStryde

Hey man,
Yes. Now I can understand why these veterans just left the forum to move on with their life hahahaha

Yes.   This journey is intense!   We will live to tell the story when it's all done. :-)  I'm about to cross the 6cm mark tomorrow. You're doing great.  I'm glad you're okay.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

myloginacc

How does the new height feel? Have you got to experience it yet? :D

Best wishes with the final phase of your LL!
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Kenda

hi, so how much did you Pay for Precice 2 ??

SNSD2011

• Visitor

Hello! How much did you pay for your procedure? I received the price list from the doctor but I'm not sure if the price listed is for mono-lateral or bi-lateral....

Kenda

Wait so you paid 68 k for precice 2!! thats too much for it
and what do you mean that after 5 cm he will do IT Band release, is that like his technique or what ? because it band release has many problems

GOODLUCK

• Visitor

Still cheaper than Dr Lee in South Korea I think?

wangchaoan

Hi, S,
I've met a girl who's also done with her operation in Singapore using Precice several months ago. I saw her walking very nicely without any problem, and she has perfect proportion with about 6cm+. In other words, she has received a wonderful result. Her recovery rate is even faster than mine, which I feel super happy for her.
Thus, I personally think Singapore is really a good place to undergo the surgery if the potential patients are considering to go for P/S nail. Same technology along with a cheaper price. A good deal, isn't it?

Kenda

Hi, S,
I've met a girl who's also done with her operation in Singapore using Precice several months ago. I saw her walking very nicely without any problem, and she has perfect proportion with about 6cm+. In other words, she has received a wonderful result. Her recovery rate is even faster than mine, which I feel super happy for her.
Thus, I personally think Singapore is really a good place to undergo the surgery if the potential patients are considering to go for P/S nail. Same technology along with a cheaper price. A good deal, isn't it?

In singapore the only Dr is sarbjit singh right?
And whats the cost for stryde??

wangchaoan

Not quite sure about the cost. She told me though, I forgot. Anyway, Singapore is somehow cheaper than the US. Patients can save the budget roughly at least 30% or even more. In addition, there is a hearsay that Paley may increase his price due to an increasing number of his patients. Not sure about it.

Chua7941

• Visitor

The stryde nail is already in Singapore

TemakiSushi

In singapore the only Dr is sarbjit singh right?
And whats the cost for stryde??
I heard 75k without rehab costs
Only includes 3 day post opp hospitalization
For this price, I’d rather buy the safety of Donghoon
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

adidas

• Visitor

Why do you think it is any less safer to do stryde with Dr s. Singh? yes stryde is in Singapore. I know of at least 1 patient who went through the op

Kenda

I heard 75k without rehab costs
Only includes 3 day post opp hospitalization
For this price, I’d rather buy the safety of Donghoon
Oh so Donghoon is 75k?
& Temaki would you do with giotikas or wait till u can afford donghoon?
or both are equal in abilities

TemakiSushi

Oh so Donghoon is 75k?
& Temaki would you do with giotikas or wait till u can afford donghoon?
or both are equal in abilities
Donghoon has lot more experience of cosmetic LL than Giotikas
Trauma LL is done when someone injured and one leg shortened from the original or done on dwarfs
That means those patients soft tissues aren’t stretching that much when doing  LL
But cosmetic LL is totally another level of stress to soft tissues
It’s better to choose someone who is very knowledgeable of Cosmetic LL
Besides after reading all diaries of Greece, I would never go there
One case with severe contracture and ended up having extra surgery to extend foot muscle, this sounds horrible
Other case delayed union but Giotikas decision to let patient start lengthen again after stopping lengthening, is very questionable
People think delayed union is only a problem of individual physical condition but that is not 100% true and many cases are actually due to diagnostic mistakes and or malinstallment of frames or nails,at much earlier stages lengthening speed is needed to be slowed down
Also there was a report saying the level of PT is not good
I don’t think it’s worth considering Greece
It’s nonsense to compare him with Donghoon who is assigned as an instructor of Nuvasive nails
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:00:27 PM by TemakiSushi »

AJZach

• Visitor

Why do you think it is any less safer to do stryde with Dr s. Singh? yes stryde is in Singapore. I know of at least 1 patient who went through the op

Could I ask which hospital and surgeon in Singapore does Stryde? If you have more information about doing CLL in Singapore as a Singaporean I would like to PM you if that is ok.

Chua7941

• Visitor

Hi u can pm me, I do have a lot of information about who is doing stryde in Singapore. 

Chua7941

• Visitor

Donghoon has lot more experience of cosmetic LL than Giotikas
Trauma LL is done when someone injured and one leg shortened from the original or done on dwarfs
That means those patients soft tissues aren’t stretching that much when doing  LL
But cosmetic LL is totally another level of stress to soft tissues
It’s better to choose someone who is very knowledgeable of Cosmetic LL
Besides after reading all diaries of Greece, I would never go there
One case with severe contracture and ended up having extra surgery to extend foot muscle, this sounds horrible
Other case delayed union but Giotikas decision to let patient start lengthen again after stopping lengthening, is very questionable
People think delayed union is only a problem of individual physical condition but that is not 100% true and many cases are actually due to diagnostic mistakes and or malinstallment of frames or nails,at much earlier stages lengthening speed is needed to be slowed down
Also there was a report saying the level of PT is not good
I don’t think it’s worth considering Greece
It’s nonsense to compare him with Donghoon who is assigned as an instructor of Nuvasive nails

Kenda is asking if donghoon is charging 75k, why can’t you answer that straight to the point? I found your posts are pretty biased to Dr Sarbjit, and also your replies are pretty professional. May I ask if you are deployed by some place or someone to post all negative comments about Dr Sarbjit  Singh. This is what I have observed so far. Anyway, since you are so knowledgeable in this area, can you advise what’s the rate to do bilateral lengthening with Donghoon, and the cost is of precice nails or stryde nails.

TemakiSushi

Kenda is asking if donghoon is charging 75k, why can’t you answer that straight to the point? I found your posts are pretty biased to Dr Sarbjit, and also your replies are pretty professional. May I ask if you are deployed by some place or someone to post all negative comments about Dr Sarbjit  Singh. This is what I have observed so far. Anyway, since you are so knowledgeable in this area, can you advise what’s the rate to do bilateral lengthening with Donghoon, and the cost is of precice nails or stryde nails.
we have been exchanging PMs, I don’t need to go into details here for her

After looking at these X-rays, I can never recommend any of my friends to go to Dr Sarbiji
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64340.msg165668#msg165668

Actually even before this case I had already some doubts about this doctor after reading bluebarbie and Singapore cases
I used to work at a hospital in Japan so I have some connections with medical professionals but I do not work for any CLL doctors  :D
Price of Stryde at Donghoon hosp  is not released yet but they have announced that the price of packages will increase the amount of nail charge difference,  hosp accommodation will be same as current price
I’m definitely waiting for korea to get Stryde
If Dr Sarbiji cost 75k without hosp stay of 90 days and without PT, it’s not gonna be that much different from Korean price
So I really think it’s not worth going to Singapore for almost the same cost as the other doctor who is way more experienced in CLL
Maybe it’s very convenient for you to get it done in Singapore but at least I would recommend you to do really deep research regarding this surgery, how life threatening or life changing it can be.
I’ve been connected to more than 10 veterans of CLL who are not in this forum and gathering info on 20 more cases, most of them not written in this forum.
Behind this forum lot more horrifying stories are hidden.
After learning, I naturally became very picky when choosing a doctor
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:16:00 PM by TemakiSushi »

Chua7941

• Visitor

we have been exchanging PMs, I don’t need to go into details here for her

After looking at these X-rays, I can never recommend any of my friends to go to Dr Sarbiji
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64340.msg165668#msg165668

Actually even before this case I had already some doubts about this doctor after reading bluebarbie and Singapore cases
I used to work at a hospital in Japan so I have some connections with medical professionals but I do not work for any CLL doctors  :D
Price of Stryde at Donghoon hosp  is not released yet but they have announced that the price of packages will increase the amount of nail charge difference,  hosp accommodation will be same as current price
I’m definitely waiting for korea to get Stryde
If Dr Sarbiji cost 75k without hosp stay of 90 days and without PT, it’s not gonna be that much different from Korean price
So I really think it’s not worth going to Singapore for almost the same cost as the other doctor who is way more experienced in CLL
Maybe it’s very convenient for you to get it done in Singapore but at least I would recommend you to do really deep research regarding this surgery, how life threatening or life changing it can be.
I’ve been connected to more than 10 veterans of CLL who are not in this forum and gathering info on 20 more cases, most of them not written in this forum.
Behind this forum lot more horrifying stories are hidden.
After learning, I naturally became very picky when choosing a doctor

The Xrays of tibias lengthened look great to me,which was also noted by old forum Writers. I’m just curious, are you a potential patient, ex patient, or something’s else. I just noticed you kept bringing down other surgeons’ work.

Chua7941

• Visitor

Anyway, I just check up Singapore Medical Council’s guideline on advertising one’s services and work. They are very strict on Doctor’s self advertisement. Based on this, if Dr Singh can’t advertise his work or expertise, and yet patients still go to him, by word of mouth, that should says quite abit about his work and results, isn’t it?

TemakiSushi

Anyway, I just check up Singapore Medical Council’s guideline on advertising one’s services and work. They are very strict on Doctor’s self advertisement. Based on this, if Dr Singh can’t advertise his work or expertise, and yet patients still go to him, by word of mouth, that should says quite abit about his work and results, isn’t it?

Why don’t you contact as many patients and doctors as possible
That way you’ll learn something important
I learned things that way
I warn people because I’ve known many sad cases which are quite devastating
People who are very conscious understand why warning is needed
Without enough information people get into traps
At least if you think this Dr Sarbiji is good, I guess you have not done enough research
You’ll be ending up spending 75k surgery fee and more for PT and living cost
This is a lot of money
It’s well worth doing very deep research regarding this surgery
Researching only about the doctor you are interested isn’t enough

Anyways I warn you enough it’s up to you. If you think you can trust the doctor then go ahead.
I only hope you don’t get malalighment or anything bad happen to you spending a fortune
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up