Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Debiparshad - Stryde Femurs  (Read 7028 times)

verticalpush

Re: Dr. Debiparshad - Stryde Femurs
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2019, 04:16:10 PM »

Quick update: I'm paying the deposit either today or tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled for a little over a month from today. I'll start up a diary as soon as I officially pay the deposit.

InFullStryde

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 04:41:46 PM »

Quick update: I'm paying the deposit either today or tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled for a little over a month from today. I'll start up a diary as soon as I officially pay the deposit.

Good luck on your journey.  We'll be following you.  Wishing you the best outcome!  As you go along your journey feel free to reach out if any questions arise.   I am 100 days into my journey and can offer some suggestions.

All the best,

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

verticalpush

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2019, 05:38:28 PM »

Good luck on your journey.  We'll be following you.  Wishing you the best outcome!  As you go along your journey feel free to reach out if any questions arise.   I am 100 days into my journey and can offer some suggestions.

All the best,

IFS
Wonderful, thank you IFS! I've been a big fan of your diary. Your openness about the process has really opened my eyes about what to expect! I'm sure I'll have some questions as the process starts.

Ghostfish

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2019, 12:32:53 AM »

Hi verticalpush
Is Dr. D your doctor?  I am also curious to know about him since as far as I know, there is no diary from his patients in this forum.  I am looking forward to reading your diary.  I can also share my thoughts with you in your diary, if helpful for you.
Wish you the best of luck!!

OGfivesevener

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2019, 04:46:05 AM »

Congrats and best wishes dude. 2019 should be a crazy one for us

verticalpush

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2019, 05:27:59 PM »

Hi verticalpush
Is Dr. D your doctor?  I am also curious to know about him since as far as I know, there is no diary from his patients in this forum.  I am looking forward to reading your diary.  I can also share my thoughts with you in your diary, if helpful for you.
Wish you the best of luck!!
Thanks Ghostfish, I would love to hear your thoughts in my diary!

Yes, Dr. D is my doctor. You're right, it was a bit unsettling to not find a single diary of his. I had a great video consult and he encouraged me to contact some of his past patients who (I'm assuming) aren't part of this forum. I didn't take him up on that since I was pretty sold on him from the consult. Although I can't find any information about his LL clients on here he does have an excellent reputation for back/other surgeries he's performed. But in some way I feel like a guinea pig in that I know my experience is going to impact others' decisions.

Dr. D is the closest LL doctor to my home state of Texas. Flights are dirt cheap between my home airport and Vegas. I'm planning to spend the first 3 weeks in Vegas before doing the distraction process at home. He wants me to fly back every 2-3 weeks. I contacted Dr. M in LA, Dr. Paley, and Dr. D. and out of the three Dr. D was the most responsive, the most open about the process, and the most flexible. Even if it wasn't for the cheaper cost than the other two docs, I'd still strongly consider going with Dr. D. for those reasons alone.

I hope I don't get him in trouble for saying this, but one interesting thing he mentioned was that a documentary crew from BBC was interested in filming a documentary about LL patients. Sort of like an MTV "True Life" thing. I'm not brave enough for that (sorry guys!) but I took it as a good sign that he was confident enough in what he does to consider allowing a film crew to document the process.

Mailing off the $15,000 deposit today. There's no turning back now!

Ghostfish

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2019, 06:55:12 AM »

Yes, Dr. D is my doctor. You're right, it was a bit unsettling to not find a single diary of his. I had a great video consult and he encouraged me to contact some of his past patients who (I'm assuming) aren't part of this forum. I didn't take him up on that since I was pretty sold on him from the consult. Although I can't find any information about his LL clients on here he does have an excellent reputation for back/other surgeries he's performed. But in some way I feel like a guinea pig in that I know my experience is going to impact others' decisions.

Dr. D is the closest LL doctor to my home state of Texas. Flights are dirt cheap between my home airport and Vegas. I'm planning to spend the first 3 weeks in Vegas before doing the distraction process at home. He wants me to fly back every 2-3 weeks. I contacted Dr. M in LA, Dr. Paley, and Dr. D. and out of the three Dr. D was the most responsive, the most open about the process, and the most flexible. Even if it wasn't for the cheaper cost than the other two docs, I'd still strongly consider going with Dr. D. for those reasons alone.

I hope I don't get him in trouble for saying this, but one interesting thing he mentioned was that a documentary crew from BBC was interested in filming a documentary about LL patients. Sort of like an MTV "True Life" thing. I'm not brave enough for that (sorry guys!) but I took it as a good sign that he was confident enough in what he does to consider allowing a film crew to document the process.

Hi verticalpush
Congrats on moving forward!  Yes, there is no turning back!! Haha  It took me long time to get this far too!  I also have some sort of good gut feeling about him, although I never met him :D  You and jaybam are going to do this with Dr. D.
Good luck for both of you!!

jaybam

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2019, 07:18:51 AM »

Awesome man! I'm sending my 15k in as well. Surgery date 6/14. Incredibly nervous about this process (mostly the pain), but I am looking forward to my new height. I'll also keep a detailed diary on my experience for everyone.

ActionSpeaks

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2019, 01:38:01 AM »

That is so great! Congratulations to you on taking this great step forward. I look forward very much to reading more about your journey. I have been waiting for any CLL surgery/information specifically with Dr. Debiparshad on this forum so thank you too for that! I was originally interested in going with Dr. Mahboubian but his 'actual' fees are almost as much as Paley and that's without the PT!

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2019, 02:03:00 AM »

One more stryde diary with a new doctor. Very good.
Go for it

ActionSpeaks

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2019, 05:09:57 AM »

I'm currently focusing my research for LL with Dr. Debiparshad so am really interested in your journeys. Good luck to both of you, Dr. D seems to have a great reputation in orthopedics medicine. I am currently studying pt and working pt, have almost $85k saved so hopefully by the end of this year or early 2020 will have my first consultation.

Two things that stand out for me right now are
~ 1. no patient diaries on this forum (hopefully coming soon :-) and
~ 2. that Dr. D lists his actual surgery time as only taking approx. one hour for STRYDE/PRECICE on limbplastx site whereas both Drs. Mahboubian and Paley list this surgery on their respective sites as taking approx. four hours. Hmmm.

Kenda

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »

Who is that Dr? Which country ?
Andwhats the cost ?

wannagrowtaller

Go for it

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2019, 05:16:19 PM »

only someone really stupid will go to this doctor at this price, or else these people are fake trying to promote this doctor. There are many better knwon choices with proven results at lower prices (e.g. Dr. M, Dr. Parihar, Dr. giotikas, Dr. Donghoon) and many top ones at similar prices.

verticalpush

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »

only someone really stupid will go to this doctor at this price, or else these people are fake trying to promote this doctor. There are many better knwon choices with proven results at lower prices (e.g. Dr. M, Dr. Parihar, Dr. giotikas, Dr. Donghoon) and many top ones at similar prices.

I wasn't expecting the authority on intelligence to chime in on this thread with a list of knwon choices, but thank you.  :D

In all seriousness, my surgery date is less than a month away and I will be starting a diary the day of the surgery. I'll tell it like it is - the good and the bad. I have no incentive to drive patients to him.

The decision was simple for me - I wanted to do it in America where my insurance and the strict American regulatory environment work to my advantage. I know I'm paying a premium for that but in the long run it's worth it after factoring in cost and convenience of living. That's before even considering the possibility of complications arising, in which case I sure as hell would rather be in America. Of the American doctors, I reached out to Paley, Dr. M, and Dr. D.

Dr. D was cheaper and was way more responsive than the others. He also is closer to home and allows lengthening at home. I'm sure the others are very competent but I went with my gut.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 07:47:32 PM by verticalpush »

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2019, 08:16:48 PM »

I believe you will be fine with Dr D.

How you will do your pt at home?
Go for it

Leggs

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2019, 08:25:37 PM »

only someone really stupid will go to this doctor at this price, or else these people are fake trying to promote this doctor.

Only someone really stupid would say that only someone really stupid would go to this doctor.

Dr. Debiparshad is a M.D. who completed medical school at McGill University & completed his orhtodpedic residency at McMaster University, two of the best universities in Canada. He completed a limb lengthening fellowship with Dr. Paley & a second fellowship in spinal surgery at Harvard. Dr. Debiparshad is board certified by the America Board of Orthopedic Surgery & co-authored two peer reviewed papers with Dr. Paley.

As for fake patients trying to promote this doctor. Highly unlikely, they are far more likely to be real patients who are intelligent enough to calculate Dr. Debiparshad's value on a risk/reward ratio.

Something tells me you lost concentration and got confused when you had to read the words "intelligent" "calculate" "ratio".

Leggs

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »

verticalpush-

As I say to all current and new coming STRYDE patients. Please post videos during your lengthening & recovery. It's the best way to illustrate the experience. Looking forward to posts from a patient of Dr. Debiparshad.

Movie

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2019, 10:03:20 PM »

me personally as a young (22) intelligent business man I don't care that the doctor went to the most prestigious schools... I'd choose Mahboubian even if I lived walking distance to Dr. D's facilities, why? simple... Experience and proof...  experience over book studied always, in whatever field you put that theory on... Dr. D has no diaries or much experience seeing how he finished his studies not too long ago 2-3 years, not saying he can't be another great doctor but as of now, I'd consider his first CLL patients lab rats.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

verticalpush

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2019, 03:28:56 AM »

Thank you Leggs and Wannagrowtaller! Wannagrowtaller, I'll be spending the first 3 weeks in the Vegas area and then I'll do the rest of the lengthening and PT back at home through insurance. Dr. D knocked off some of the cost for doing that. Not needing to pay for housing for the summer besides my normal home in Texas should save me a decent amount of money.

verticalpush-

As I say to all current and new coming STRYDE patients. Please post videos during your lengthening & recovery. It's the best way to illustrate the experience. Looking forward to posts from a patient of Dr. Debiparshad.

Absolutely. I will post videos along the way.

me personally as a young (22) intelligent business man I don't care that the doctor went to the most prestigious schools... I'd choose Mahboubian even if I lived walking distance to Dr. D's facilities, why? simple... Experience and proof...  experience over book studied always, in whatever field you put that theory on... Dr. D has no diaries or much experience seeing how he finished his studies not too long ago 2-3 years, not saying he can't be another great doctor but as of now, I'd consider his first CLL patients lab rats.

I think that's a fair concern (and I'll admit, I share those concerns from time to time). There are several points that helped me overcome those concerns:
  • He let me talk to some of his former CLL patients. He also has very good reviews for his non-CLL procedures by patients who've seen him.
  • As Leggs pointed out in this thread, he's published and completed a fellowship with Paley
  • Nuvasive does their own due diligence in vetting doctors who want to use Precice/Stryde. They certainly also have some skin in the game, so to speak.
  • I haven't come across any alarming or troublesome note in any diary of someone who's done Stryde yet (and here's hoping we keep it that way!).
Point blank, his future as a CLL doctor probably hinges on the reputation he'll earn with the first set of diaries that go on this site. If anything were to go wrong I would definitely include that in my diary. Of course, if there is anything I don't know about I'd be eager to learn that before the procedure. But I feel pretty good at this point with a little over 3 weeks to go.

Leggs

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2019, 06:11:40 AM »

Interesting that you call yourself an intelligent business man, then comically go on to mention that you don't care about Dr. Debiparshad's prestigious education, claim experience and proof as your criteria, openly announce support for Dr. Mahboubian for no apparent reason, and finish with Dr. Debiparshad's first CLL patients are lab rats.

Dr. Debiparshad has already performed over 100 cases of cosmetic lengthening and over 550 medical cases in total. An intelligent business man should already know this information because an intelligent business man would have done the most basic of research before posting such nonsense that makes him look like an uninformed halfwit.

There is a clear pattern amongst people who post in support of Dr. Mahboubian inside a place where it has no relevance, particularly a patient experience for Dr. Debiparshad. They quickly reveal their true identities....imbeciles.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:45:31 AM by Leggs »

Movie

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2019, 06:41:46 AM »

Interesting that you call yourself an intelligent business man, then go on to mention experience and proof as your criteria, along with not caring about his prestigious education, and finally claiming that Dr. Debiparshad's first CLL patients are lab rats.

Dr. Debiparshad has already performed over 100 cases of cosmetic lengthening and over 550 medical cases in total. An intelligent business man would already know this infoamtion because an intelligent business man would have done the most basic of research before posting such nonsense that makes him look like an uninformed halfwit.

There is a clear pattern amongst people who post in support of Dr. Mahboubian inside a place where it has no relevance, particularly a patient experience for Dr. Debiparshad. They quickly reveal their true identities....imbeciles.

Lol I am an intelligent business man,I don't need to prove anything to anybody, numbers don't lie.. I become an expert at what makes me money, I'm not dck riding Dr. D... so I'm not looking at everything he's done... and like I said, I'm not dismissing the chance he can be great in the Industry, just that there's no diaries...and what you say is hypocritical as well noting your behavior against Mahboubian ... also where are all the 100 ppl that did CLL with Dr. D's? where did they even hear about this procedure? word of mouth? lol..  you want to talk business talk what's your net worth? you'll probably never see what I made last year in terms of money in your life.

Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Movie

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2019, 06:43:01 AM »

Anyway Vertical, best of luck to ya brother! If your gut is saying it's good, then you're good, excited for you. we might be in the process around the same time  :D
Nails removed 10/06/2021

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2019, 07:02:36 AM »

I wasn't expecting the authority on intelligence to chime in on this thread with a list of knwon choices, but thank you.  :D

In all seriousness, my surgery date is less than a month away and I will be starting a diary the day of the surgery. I'll tell it like it is - the good and the bad. I have no incentive to drive patients to him.

The decision was simple for me - I wanted to do it in America where my insurance and the strict American regulatory environment work to my advantage. I know I'm paying a premium for that but in the long run it's worth it after factoring in cost and convenience of living. That's before even considering the possibility of complications arising, in which case I sure as hell would rather be in America. Of the American doctors, I reached out to Paley, Dr. M, and Dr. D.

Dr. D was cheaper and was way more responsive than the others. He also is closer to home and allows lengthening at home. I'm sure the others are very competent but I went with my gut.

Dude, all the best, I just hope that you know what you are doing (it does not make sense going to this unknown doctor at this price, If the price were lower than known doctors I would understand, if this doctor had proven diaries etc. still I would understand but none is true so it defies any logic that you are going to him, but anyway, moving on....)

Leggs

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2019, 07:26:39 AM »

Dude, all the best, I just hope that you know what you are doing (it does not make sense going to this unknown doctor at this price, If the price were lower than known doctors I would understand, if this doctor had proven diaries etc. still I would understand but none is true so it defies any logic that you are going to him, but anyway, moving on....)

Yeah dude, it doesn't make sense, I mean Dr. Debiparshad's education and credentials are outstanding, his price is one of the most affordable in the United States, he allows you to lengthen at home and offers a refund on the physical therapy expense, along with having tons of experience and personally training with Dr. Paley. It truly does defy logic why anyone would choose Dr. Debiparshad.

Thank you for this incredibly insightful post, my eyes were once blinded but they have now been open and I can see the light, all thanks to your rock solid deductive reasoning skills, we all owe you a debt of gratitude for this amazing contribution...

verticalpush

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2019, 01:31:53 AM »

Anyway Vertical, best of luck to ya brother! If your gut is saying it's good, then you're good, excited for you. we might be in the process around the same time  :D
Thanks Movie! Looking forward to the journey. I'm going to meet Dr. D. in person next week. Surgery is a little over 3 weeks away from now. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask Dr. D. let me know and I'll ask him next week. I'll post pictures along the way. Generally I'm comfortable with anything as long as it couldn't be used to doxx me.

One last thing I'll say, and this isn't directed at anyone in particular. The point of my diary is NOT to convince someone to go with Dr. D for CLL. Frankly, it doesn't matter to me which doctor someone chooses -- you need to do your own due diligence. I'm doing the diary to document my experience, ask questions from the great veterans on this thread/forum who fortunately remain active after their surgeries, and maybe remove some of the shroud of uncertainty there is about CLL in general for those of you who are on the fence about the procedure like I was for the past few years.   

Chuckd633

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2019, 02:06:17 AM »

Wow dude, a lot of people getting dogging me out there.   I have multiple pics, you will be fine, i don't know how ot attach the pic without it revealing my identity and all, until i know how to do that, i won't post the pics, jeez i prolly have like 16 sets of photos, i take them everytime i go.  Best of luck, i am an old man so if you can figure out how to post a pic without it revealing that it comes from desktop, then i will send it. 

I just want to share my experience with people, and help where i can.

Otherwise you are in great hands, congrats man.

Chuckd633

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2019, 03:50:40 AM »

Hey guys,

I wanted to show you guys my latest xrays. Here's me at nearly 2.5" distraction and getting close to the finish line to start consolidation. Gotta give it up to this forum for all the support and helping me find a wonderful experience. Appreciate you all. I'll update as soon as I can as well.

https://imgur.com/OQb3rQQ

Ghostfish

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2019, 07:11:27 AM »

Lol I am an intelligent business man,I don't need to prove anything to anybody, numbers don't lie.. I become an expert at what makes me money, I'm not dck riding Dr. D... so I'm not looking at everything he's done... and like I said, I'm not dismissing the chance he can be great in the Industry, just that there's no diaries...and what you say is hypocritical as well noting your behavior against Mahboubian ... also where are all the 100 ppl that did CLL with Dr. D's? where did they even hear about this procedure? word of mouth? lol..  you want to talk business talk what's your net worth? you'll probably never see what I made last year in terms of money in your life.
Hi Movie
You have right to be skeptical for everything.  Of course, most of people will believe more after they see things in their eyes.  However, I just want to tell you that there are actually much more CLL patients out there.  Most of CLL patients (at least over 90% of CLL patients) using whatever method WILL NOT say anything in this forum.  When I was in Paley institute, I was shocked to see so many patients.  Among all patients I met at that time is no one who posted a single word here except for me. 

Dr. D is relatively a new doctor and sort of overshadowed by Dr. Paley.  Having no diary in this forum doesn't mean he is not a good doctor.  Whether anyone chooses him or not is their choice.  I think there are many reasons to consider him.

Movie

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2019, 09:51:18 AM »

Hi Movie
You have right to be skeptical for everything.  Of course, most of people will believe more after they see things in their eyes.  However, I just want to tell you that there are actually much more CLL patients out there.  Most of CLL patients (at least over 90% of CLL patients) using whatever method WILL NOT say anything in this forum.  When I was in Paley institute, I was shocked to see so many patients.  Among all patients I met at that time is no one who posted a single word here except for me. 

Dr. D is relatively a new doctor and sort of overshadowed by Dr. Paley.  Having no diary in this forum doesn't mean he is not a good doctor.  Whether anyone chooses him or not is their choice.  I think there are many reasons to consider him.
Fair enough brother, you bring up great points... we'll see what the guy's really got once one of these guys post some good diaries and picture evidence to confirm the authenticity (:, for now it's all skepticism from everyone and myself. except leggs he's the smartest guy in the world and knows what's up.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2019, 03:56:04 PM »

I think his credentials are great and he is a really good doctor. Not trying to compare him with any doctor or discredit any doctor. I believe America has the best doctors in the world. Unfortunately, most people will not be able to pay for have treatment in America.
Go for it
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up