Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: In regards to psychiatrists  (Read 14247 times)

Ajax2thousand20

In regards to psychiatrists
« on: November 07, 2014, 10:43:49 PM »

You guys don't seriously think they help people do you? Popping pills with harmful substances to resolve people problems only makes it worse. I bring this up cause I hear from you guys that that would solve problems in regards to height dysphoria but I'm afraid not. It should be something to be discussed with someone I agree but unfortunately, psychiarty won't help.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

Re: In regards to psychiatrists
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:47:06 PM »

You guys don't seriously think they help people do you? Popping pills with harmful substances to resolve people problems only makes it worse. I bring this up cause I hear from you guys that that would solve problems in regards to height dysphoria but I'm afraid not. It should be something to be discussed with someone I agree but unfortunately, psychiarty won't help.

Who cares. Go for LL if you want, you don't need approval from anybody. You seem so stubborn, ofc no one can help you.

Uppland

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 12:05:17 AM »

it helps if you're mentally ill but I don't think most ll patients are. If someone did it to go from 190 to 2 meters then yeah I'd say there was something else involved but alot of guys feel inferior and suffers from low self -esteem because they are shorter than people they live around.

I'm sure my seratonin levels are perfectly normal, I don't need any pills and to be honest I don't need anyone telling me to accept my height because I already tried and it made me very depressed and bitter. I think that's the way to go eventually though, most of us will never reach our own ideal height but we might reach a height we can accept maybe even be proud of.

Me, I'd like to gain 7,5CM so that I'm 186CM at night. That's almost my dads height and an important psychological milestone for me, also I'd finally fit in with my student friends: they are all about 183-193 so I would finally be one of the guys.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 12:22:19 AM »

it helps if you're mentally ill but I don't think most ll patients are. If someone did it to go from 190 to 2 meters then yeah I'd say there was something else involved but alot of guys feel inferior and suffers from low self -esteem because they are shorter than people they live around.

I'm sure my seratonin levels are perfectly normal, I don't need any pills and to be honest I don't need anyone telling me to accept my height because I already tried and it made me very depressed and bitter. I think that's the way to go eventually though, most of us will never reach our own ideal height but we might reach a height we can accept maybe even be proud of.

Me, I'd like to gain 7,5CM so that I'm 186CM at night. That's almost my dads height and an important psychological milestone for me, also I'd finally fit in with my student friends: they are all about 183-193 so I would finally be one of the guys.

Can I ask you something? Did you talk to your parents that you want to do LL or did you talk to some friends about how short you feel and if what was their response?

Uppland

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

Mentioned the surgery to my mom and she said: yeah, you're not doing that."
I also asked my best friend (we're the same height) if he felt short and he said that he did.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »

I think most people here are too immersed in anger to even acknowledge the question.
I think I'll go to old forum  where they support tall people lengthen! Lol but anyway

Yeah feeling singled out due to your height is quite understandable. Being shorter than many of your friends will often make you the target of thier jokes. Happened in high school when I hung out with my friends in P.E.

GeTs

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »

I think most people here are too immersed in anger to even acknowledge the question.
I think I'll go to old forum  where they support tall people lengthen! Lol but anyway

Yeah feeling singled out due to your height is quite understandable. Being shorter than many of your friends will often make you the target of thier jokes. Happened in high school when I hung out with my friends in P.E.
stop joking

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »

Poor you, Only 6'1", This is like... dwarf status man, Better do 2 LL's and be an average 6'5" guy then  ;D ;D ;D ;D I can only imagine how hard high school must have been for you at 6'1". My deepest condolences, You must have a very strong mentality to survive this living hell. I would like to apologize on behalf of humanity for the heightism that you have experienced.

Hello,

I'm considering getting ll done on me to reach my ideal height.
However, I am only 1" short of it. I would like to know from anyone around here
who has had LL, who would be the best doctor and how long would it take?
I'm 6'1-6'1.5" and would like to be 6'2-6'3".

Doing 1 inch of LL ???  ;D ;D you make me laugh out loud.
Mate, I am sorry to say this... but you're straight up mentally ill.
Please contact the closest psychologist.

Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 08:02:56 PM »

Mentioned the surgery to my mom and she said: yeah, you're not doing that."
I also asked my best friend (we're the same height) if he felt short and he said that he did.
As soon as you become financially independant do whatever you want. :)
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 08:32:36 PM »

Ajax2thousand20 are you Dutch? Because that would actually justify your want to do LL, at least in my eyes. I'm asking also because Ajax is my fav Dutch team.

endomorphisme

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 08:56:52 PM »

lol ChrisIsaak, the average height for dutch is 5'11-6'0"

if i was 6'1" and dutch, i would just move to another country such as uk to feel tall  :) ;D

Uppland

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 09:18:56 PM »

I think the average for young men came in at 183-184CM. That means 190CM should be a common height for young men I can understand how people might feel short at 6'1 in the lowlands.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 09:46:32 PM »

lol ChrisIsaak, the average height for dutch is 5'11-6'0"

if i was 6'1" and dutch, i would just move to another country such as uk to feel tall  :) ;D

True - which is one of the tallest in the world : )

Jokingly yes, I wholeheartedly agree, but actually moving to another country is a huge decision.. Job opportunities, local currency conversion, lifestyle differences, cultural differences, language barriers (if any), bureaucratic difficulties.. True, it's easier to move from one European country to another (given that you're a EU member). Still, it's a difficult decision - in which male height average probably wouldn't even matter. Lol

And yeah, objectively speaking he doesn't need LL at all, but to each his own. It's more like a "I want it" situation for him rather than "I need it". Just like a luxury good.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »

Ajax2thousand20 are you Dutch? Because that would actually justify your want to do LL, at least in my eyes. I'm asking also because Ajax is my fav Dutch team.

I have Dutch ancestry on my Materal side and have visited the Netherlands but no. I'm American.
I think the average for young men came in at 183-184CM. That means 190CM should be a common height for young men I can understand how people might feel short at 6'1 in the lowlands.

I don't feel short to be honest I feel slightly above average but far from tall. I'm gonna probably feel tall after ll at 6'3" + and maybe when I visit Holland.

Taller

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »

Poor you, Only 6'1", This is like... dwarf status man, Better do 2 LL's and be an average 6'5" guy then  ;D ;D ;D ;D I can only imagine how hard high school must have been for you at 6'1". My deepest condolences, You must have a very strong mentality to survive this living hell. I would like to apologize on behalf of humanity for the heightism that you have experienced.

You come off as hypocritical when you talk like this. You yourself are 5'10 so it's not like you have it bad either. If you think you get descriminated against on the regular at 5'10 the you're delusional. You're also pretty tall for an LL patient. So am I, at 5'10, but I admit it. Moresoe, I'm Northern European and 5'10 and I don't really experience any height discrimination. Not getting the benefits of being tall isn't really a form of descrimination in day to day life, even though it technically is.

Also, you comment about proportions all day long and then get offended when someone seeks a small gain to help maintain proportionalty. Also quite hypocritical if you ask me.

At 5'10 myself, LL is something I really, really want but not something I need. I want it to match my image of who I should be physically, but I can certainly live a perfectly normal and healthy life without LL. At 5'5 or 165CM like Kilokahn, it's actually hard to get treated normally in many situations, which is legitimate discrimination and makes me quite sad.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 09:57:13 PM »

You come off as hypocritical when you talk like this. You yourself are 5'10 so it's not like you have it bad either. If you think you get descriminate against on the regular at 5'10 the you're delusional. You're also pretty tall for an LL patient. So am I, at 5'10, but I admit it. Moresoe, I'm Northern European and 5'10 and I don't really experience any height discrimination. Not getting the benefits of being tall isn't really a form of descrimination in day to day life, even though it technically is.

Also, you comment about proportions all day long and then get offended when someone seeks a small gain to help maintain proportionalty. Also quite hypocritical if you ask me.

I never said that i experienced heightism, Maybe 2-3 times in my adult life.
That's the bloody point, I don't even feel that short. Maybe lower average but certainly not short.

1 inch gain... say it out loud, I didn't get offended. Getting LL for one bloody inch is plain stupid, Is it worth it in your opinion taller ?

Same here, I feel bad for shorter people than myself, Facing discrimination and all the crap that comes with low height. About my self-image, I never would be able to match it, The next best thing to do is at least get close to it, I want to be in the 6'2" - 6'4" range, But ill never be this tall.
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »

Ok mr average height. How about since we're both Mentally ill we'll see the Psychiarst together. Only I'll drive there with you and run away while he/she shoves pills down your throat! Lol, your soo naive, believing that psychiarty is helping people get better!

Uppland

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 10:03:14 PM »

I never said that i experienced heightism, Maybe 2-3 times in my adult life.
That's the bloody point, I don't even feel that short. Maybe lower average but certainly not short.

680 Why are you so concerned about proportions you have some of the best stats I've ever seen. Your arms are longer than my dads and he's a decimeter taller than you. Your sitting height is normal so you could probably lenghten up to 10CM and look good also your hands are huge. These are just numbers but if they are any indication to how you look I'd say you could be 6'2 easy.

If I were you I'd be more worried about what that lenghtening will do to your body, proportions should be the last of your concern.

--I'm 2CM taller than you but my arms are a decimeter shorter that's insane

Taller

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 10:09:37 PM »

680 Why are you so concerned about proportions you have some of the best stats I've ever seen. Your arms are longer than my dads and he's a decimeter taller than you. Your sitting height is normal so you could probably lenghten up to 10CM and look good also your hands are huge. These are just numbers but if they are any indication to how you look I'd say you could be 6'2 easy.

If I were you I'd be more worried about what that lenghtening will do to your body, proportions should be the last of your concern.

I've also been wondering the exact same thing since you joined the forum.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »

I don't think i can pull it off, Ill post mock-up by the end of the month.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 10:15:42 PM »

We should have a separate section on this board for the 5'9+ guys who want llike because obviously, we're getting no support from the people who are under it. I mean I support anyone who wants to be taller! I don't discriminate against people's wishes and wanting to seek info. Psychiatrists and psychologists won't help cure height dysphoria allthough I feel like right now I have height hysteria at this point from the hostility I've received from only a small amount of members who were "average" to begin with.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »

We should have a separate section on this board for the 5'9+ guys who want llike because obviously, we're getting no support from the people who are under it. I mean I support anyone who wants to be taller! I don't discriminate against people's wishes and wanting to seek info. Psychiatrists and psychologists won't help cure height dysphoria allthough I feel like right now I have height hysteria at this point from the hostility I've received from only a small amount of members who were "average" to begin with.

I didn't say that you shouldn't do LL, I said that it was very stupid from you to say that you've experienced heightism at 6'1", You could pull it off, 2-3 inches shouldn't be a problem.

Btw, I think that most doctors if not all, Want a psychiatric evaluation and you don't like psychologists by the look of it, Whats you'r plan?

And some doctors in the states won't accept you if you are over 5'9" (at least i heard so)

Uppland

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »

Imagine if you were 165CM and people had been treating you badly your entire life for something you had no control over. Think about how you would feel knowing that you would never be even average height no matter what but you're still desperate enough to pay ridicilous amounts of money and go through months of pain while potentially harming your body beyond repair just to not feel as short as you did before.

I know you don't mean anything by it (if you do I hope you hurt yourself) but you're kinda spitting in their face when you say that 185CM is a bad height to be -I mean what does that make the 175CM man? Try to have some empathy it's okay that you want the surgery but can't you at least see how that sounds to shorter folks on here?

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 10:32:18 PM »

I didn't say that you shouldn't do LL, I said that it was very stupid from you to say that you've experienced heightism at 6'1", You could pull it off, 2-3 inches shouldn't be a problem.

Btw, I think that most doctors if not all, Want a psychiatric evaluation and you don't like psychologists by the look of it, Whats you'r plan?

And some doctors in the states won't accept you if you are over 5'9" (at least i heard so)

I have. People who were 6'2" plus would stick there tongue at me in high school and it really upset me. My sister would call me short at 6'1" and would get angry at me and say "Your 6'1"!" When all I would do is exaggerate my height by 1" stupid inch like as if I was some guy who was caught stealing and needed to tell the truth! But it's safe to say %100 of people doing cosmetic ll are suffering from height disphoria and will see a psychologist. I think they are doing an evaluation to see if one will survive the process and are already aware that these people have height dysphoria. I have never been institutionalized due to my height so I should be okayed to do ll but have been institutionalized due to other things in life.

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »

I have. People who were 6'2" plus would stick there tongue at me in high school and it really upset me. My sister would call me short at 6'1" and would get angry at me and say "Your 6'1"!" When all I would do is exaggerate my height by 1" stupid inch like as if I was some guy who was caught stealing and needed to tell the truth! But it's safe to say %100 of people doing cosmetic ll are suffering from height disphoria and will see a psychologist. I think they are doing an evaluation to see if one will survive the process and are already aware that these people have height dysphoria. I have never been institutionalized due to my height so I should be okayed to do ll but have been institutionalized due to other things in life.

I have a lot of friends who are your height. They all are tall and feel tall and are proud of their height. They told many times how good it feels to be that tall and I'm from a country where the average height is 180cm. So I know you are talking bull . You want LL because you think your life will get better, but I can guarantee you it will become even more miserable.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 11:13:28 PM »

I have a lot of friends who are your height. They all are tall and feel tall and are proud of their height. They told many times how good it feels to be that tall and I'm from a country where the average height is 180cm. So I know you are talking bulls**t. You want LL because you think your life will get better, but I can guarantee you it will become even more miserable.

So why are/did you consider doing it then?

Gichelu

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 04:20:52 AM »

There's a huge difference between 5'9 guy thinking he should get lengthening and a 6'1 guy like you obsessing about lengthening.  Stop talking nonsense.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 11:56:47 AM »

So why are/did you consider doing it then?

I was short and now I'm average. That's why I did LL.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »

My sister would call me short at 6'1" and would get angry at me and say "Your 6'1"!"

How tall is your sister for her to think 6'1 is short?  :o Of course it's likely she doesn't actually find you short but knows you're hung up on height and knows it grinds your gears.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »

Ajax, I doubt you have height neurosis/dysphoria. It's more like you just "want" to be taller. Actually at your present height you would benefit a lot more by spending time at the gym. Not judging, just my two cents.

endomorphisme

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 09:19:15 PM »

stop feeding this  troll, he is just inventing fake to justify his willing of doing limb lenghtening.
No girl on earth, except maybe in a north dutch university, will call a guy who is supposed to be 6'1" short.At the very worst she will describe him as just above average.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up