Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352742 times)

ItsMyLife

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2015, 01:04:26 AM »

Its gotta be sweet to know you are already over an inch taller.

hell ya,, im almost 2 cm... 1.9cm+ its damn swt
hang on there YS

YellowSpike

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2015, 08:56:09 AM »

hell ya,, im almost 2 cm... 1.9cm+ its damn swt
hang on there YS

Thanks man, I'm trying! It's so hard with such bad sleep! Congrats at almost being an inch taller!

My main complaints are:
1. Pain in my right leg when I stand straight with feet closed. My PT believes this is from me mentally compensating by using my better leg (the left one) since the surgery. So we are gonna address this in PT.
2. Slight numbness on left shin (which hasn't worsened at least)
3. Lack of sleep
4. Appetite ain't that great but I try to force myself to eat.

Im so hoping I can get to 6.5cm the first week of Feb. I think I'm at like 3.2ish cm now. X-rays on Monday will confirm. Nervous!

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »

Ok folks...my big day is tomorrow at 7am. I'm not nervous one bit because I have literally gone through hell this past week after arriving in London. Will discuss more later. I am shooting for around 6.5-7cm (currently 167cm morning/166cm night). I am a Caucasian American male, in my very early 30s.

I did the pre-training in Milano, and achieved an increase of 55% muscle strength over 3.5 weeks (most patients get 25%-35% I am told). Holla.

Wish me luck!  ;D

My friend
I just finised your diary in old forum
What is the criteria that change you form Dr R to Dr G?
I am considering between Dr Paley and Dr G
I am 176.5-177.5want to add 6 cm with Dr G

YellowSpike

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »

Sorry if I'm not responding to some specific questions or messages. LL is taking everything I've got. Had my 3 week post op X-rays yesterday and my bone ossification looks good. Waiting for confirmation from Guichet, but I think I'm at around 3.6cm. I believe I'm due to hit 4cm on Monday.

My main problem right now (aside from not getting any sleep) is BAD knee pain on my left knee. This is frustrating as hell because my left leg was previously behaving with no pain. I actually look forward to my twice a day PT, but this knee pain really sucks. They've said its due to a big loss of muscle mass (which I expected would happen), so now we are refocusing on buffing the muscles around that knee back up.

On a positive note, Dr. G and all the PTs say I'm doing great besides this awful pain (that just started 2 days ago), and are all impressed with my flexibility retention given how much I've lengthened already (my PT at Isokinetic today said this is key, so it made me feel better after barely getting through my two sessions off of no sleep).

6.5cm, can you please get here? Like soon? I miss sleep too.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2015, 07:41:37 PM »

Why not 8 cm? That should be pretty safe in Dr. Guichet's hands.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2015, 07:50:44 PM »

Why not 8 cm? That should be pretty safe in Dr. Guichet's hands.

I gotta get back to work in late Feb/Early March, and 6.5-7cm has always been my mental goal. I already feel taller and dont really feel that short anymore even though I still am lol

alps

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »

Great going man!
Stay strong. I need the inspiration for when it is my time. :)

YellowSpike

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2015, 08:27:52 PM »

Great going man!
Stay strong. I need the inspiration for when it is my time. :)

Thanks bud. I'm trying. As dedicated as I am to this process (all the PT have admired my attitude and dedication), things like pain and no sleep are out of my control...and its wearing on me. Hopefully, just a few more weeks...

ItsMyLife

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2015, 08:30:34 PM »

Sorry if I'm not responding to some specific questions or messages. LL is taking everything I've got. Had my 3 week post op X-rays yesterday and my bone ossification looks good. Waiting for confirmation from Guichet, but I think I'm at around 3.6cm. I believe I'm due to hit 4cm on Monday.

My main problem right now (aside from not getting any sleep) is BAD knee pain on my left knee. This is frustrating as hell because my left leg was previously behaving with no pain. I actually look forward to my twice a day PT, but this knee pain really sucks. They've said its due to a big loss of muscle mass (which I expected would happen), so now we are refocusing on buffing the muscles around that knee back up.

On a positive note, Dr. G and all the PTs say I'm doing great besides this awful pain (that just started 2 days ago), and are all impressed with my flexibility retention given how much I've lengthened already (my PT at Isokinetic today said this is key, so it made me feel better after barely getting through my two sessions off of no sleep).

6.5cm, can you please get here? Like soon? I miss sleep too.

I did tibia.. im 2.4 cm, and 4 weeks postop... its so fast on femurs so its a trade-off..! the pain and lack of sleep!
its great news about ur flexibility... im one of the few patients that retained lack of contractures too!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2015, 08:31:31 PM »

Thanks bud. I'm trying. As dedicated as I am to this process (all the PT have admired my attitude and dedication), things like pain and no sleep are out of my control...and its wearing on me. Hopefully, just a few more weeks...

doesnt guichet provide sleep pills? according to leechlet's vids

YellowSpike

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2015, 08:35:13 PM »

I did tibia.. im 2.4 cm, and 4 weeks postop... its so fast on femurs so its a trade-off..! the pain and lack of sleep!
its great news about ur flexibility... im one of the few patients that retained lack of contractures too!

Yea I suppose femurs are more painful, I can totally see that.

Well, I have contractures around my knees (my understanding is that they are shortening of the muscles), but my overall flexibility is still excellent. But the contractures I believe are part of my knee pain.

YellowSpike

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »

doesnt guichet provide sleep pills? according to leechlet's vids

He does but they didnt help much, so I stopped using them. I've just been taking Valium and painkillers before bed, but I'll try the sleeping pills again tonight as I attempt to sleep lol

ItsMyLife

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2015, 08:41:09 PM »

Well, I have contractures around my knees (my understanding is that they are shortening of the muscles), but my overall flexibility is still excellent. But the contractures I believe are part of my knee pain.

yup my friend in russia who did ext femurs said the femur pain is 9/10 and tibia is 0-1/10.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2015, 08:41:56 PM »

ive knee pains too.. r they from knee contracture?

YellowSpike

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2015, 08:45:20 PM »

ive knee pains too.. r they from knee contracture?

I think partially. I was told that my knee pain was caused by my large loss of muscle mass around the knee cap. So we're trying to address it by building those muscles back up via leg lifts and other exercises and more protein. They all seem to think it'll improve.

alps

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2015, 09:18:14 AM »

What happens if one doesn't sleep for a long time? Are there any serious problems?

YellowSpike

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »

What happens if one doesn't sleep for a long time? Are there any serious problems?

Dunno. For me it just makes PT that much harder when normally I'd breeze through it.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »

I think when i walk more, my joints get less stiff (knee joints and ankle)..

when i was in transit and plane for more than 2 days, my legs hurt so much when i try to bend..

do u get that too?

Uppland

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »

Hey Yellowspike -you think you going to repeat Shyshy's success story?

YellowSpike

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2015, 08:21:05 AM »

Hey Yellowspike -you think you going to repeat Shyshy's success story?

I'd love to, and I'm working my ass towards it. But at this point....I just wanna survive to the end of clicking lol...about 3.5-4 weeks to go...

Uppland

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »

Good luck mate at least it's temporary hardship.

YellowSpike

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 01:36:45 PM »

Good luck mate at least it's temporary hardship.

Thanks pal.

If it weren't for my left knee pain (sleep was slightly better the last 2 nights), I'd honesty be almost golden.

I know Dr G is against people going home before clicking is done, but I may go home like a week before its done. I can't see how a week would kill me.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »

Thanks pal.

If it weren't for my left knee pain (sleep was slightly better the last 2 nights), I'd honesty be almost golden.

I know Dr G is against people going home before clicking is done, but I may go home like a week before its done. I can't see how a week would kill me.
Just stay there till finish.
If anything go wrong he can fix it easier.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2015, 04:32:02 AM »

Thanks pal.

might also have more pain and complications when the clicking is nearing its end..

but going home u might be in better spirits..

YellowSpike

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2015, 08:52:33 AM »

might also have more pain and complications when the clicking is nearing its end..

but going home u might be in better spirits..

Well I am working really hard in PT to avoid complications. My only really complication so far (at about 4cm) really is the left knee pain, which Ive been told is fairly common and can be fixed via PT.
My flexibility is still very good at this point, more than halfway done towards my goal. I mean...if Leechlet can do it, I can definitely do it. Lol

Uppland

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »

Well I am working really hard in PT to avoid complications. My only really complication so far (at about 4cm) really is the left knee pain, which Ive been told is fairly common and can be fixed via PT.
My flexibility is still very good at this point, more than halfway done towards my goal. I mean...if Leechlet can do it, I can definitely do it. Lol

What height are you aiming for?

Also if you ever get the chance to ask Guichet about post-op recovery and what his experience with patients have been I think we all would greatly appreciate it.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2015, 05:56:20 PM »

i think following doctor recommendations is v important..

im dealing with some pains and stiffness at my knee also.. otherwise im good.. actually, i think we are NOT afraid of the pain... for me at least, i am afraid that pain = complications have occurred or WILL occur if i continue.... ie, we are not afraid of the pain, but rather that the pain signifies that something bad is going to happen if we continue, or the pain signifies that some complication has occurred..

it is so much easier when ur with ur doctor cos he can inspect u and tell u nothing is wrong and u can continue with ur painful journey :)

remember, you are not afraid of pain, pain is afraid of YOU

YellowSpike

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2015, 06:55:04 PM »

I'm actually not in that much pain. My knee is even improving too. It's more the lack of quality sleep and the loneliness that are somewhat getting to me. I've been away from home since early November (pre-training). So it's been a while. I'm actually glad the holidays are over lol. I just wanna get back to my family back home. But I'm starting to see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel :)

As for my goal height, 6.5cm-7cm will put me at about 5'8", which has always been my goal. I know its still short, but with everything else I have going for me, it won't be an issue. I never had trouble with women or my career. But being 5'5.5" was just unacceptable to me personally.

Uppland

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2015, 12:24:45 AM »

I'm actually not in that much pain. My knee is even improving too. It's more the lack of quality sleep and the loneliness that are somewhat getting to me. I've been away from home since early November (pre-training). So it's been a while. I'm actually glad the holidays are over lol. I just wanna get back to my family back home. But I'm starting to see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel :)

As for my goal height, 6.5cm-7cm will put me at about 5'8", which has always been my goal. I know its still short, but with everything else I have going for me, it won't be an issue. I never had trouble with women or my career. But being 5'5.5" was just unacceptable to me personally.

You're gonna have a great life and you can always talk to us if you feel lonely. The only thing you should worrry about now is to get your body in the best shape you can so that your recovery will go smoothly.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2015, 06:10:38 AM »

hey bro dont worry things will be fine soon, really
it would feel better to be back home..
though u MIGHT miss the place u went to (i do actually miss russia, now im back home for the further lengthening phase)
5'8 is not too bad! with shoe lifts, i would be 5'11. just that, i play basketball, so i cant really wear lifts all the time :(
if i didnt play ball, i wouldnt have went for 6' from 5'8 or 5'9 as my starting height

YellowSpike

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2015, 09:02:13 AM »

Sleep was AWFUL last night. So much tightness and knee pain on both knees! Icing them helped me get back to sleep. I might have got like 5 hours in total...

I think im at about like 4.2cm right now. Dr G mentioned slowing down from 15 clicks (1mm) a day to 12 (.8mm) a day. We did 21 clicks a day the first 2 weeks. Not thrilled about having to drag this awful process out any longer...but if it'll help sleep and knee pain like he says....it'll only cost me a few extra days to hit my goal....

I'm gonna try to suck up 15 clicks a day for a few more days (depending on what he says) at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32   Go Up