Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352743 times)

ReadRothbard

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »

Yea but I gotta get back to work in early March. I don't have much time left.

I'm starting to really regret this because it seems my dream height just isn't going to come true. And if I can't have that, this was all a waste. They measured me standing up against a wall today, and it was bad. I don't even want to say.

I'm just very upset and frustrated right now. I'll never understand, ever, how 5'8" and up guys want this surgery. But whatever.

Dude, you can pull it off. Finish the lengthening with Dr. G to hit 5'8 and you can return to America this February.

Don't settle for anything less than your dream height! You don't want to be regretting your decision in the future.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »

I really appreciate your guys support. Thank you.

I'm going home 2 weeks from tomorrow, and may have to click a few days at home. I'm hoping to be walking (even stiffly/funnily) by early March.

I'm mainly upset because I just don't know my current lengthening amount. I think Dr G measured my starting height at 166, and another doctor in Milan measured the same in the evening. I should be at about 5cm+ now, but was measured lower than what I should be at. Could duck ass have been the culprit, even though I was up against the wall?

It doesn't help that I got this bad measurement after a painful meeting with an osteopath (I don't even want to talk about that) and hours of PT. I felt like all my work has been for nothing.

All I know is, I really been away for almost 3 months, so I'm not staying more than 2 more weeks. I also have a sick family member. I need to get home.

Uppland

« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »

You know what's best for yourself and even if it's rough right now it will just be a bad memory in a few months.

YellowSpike

« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »

You know what's best for yourself and even if it's rough right now it will just be a bad memory in a few months.

Thanks man. I can get through these next two weeks, no question. But it will have been 3 months away from home, the holidays, a sick parent....it's all taken a huge toll on me.

I just tried to stand up straight on the mirror. I definitely have duck ass and I think that ruined my measurement today. My ass sticks out and my back/spine isn't straight.

I just wanted to get as close to 5'8" as possible. I've been measured from 166-166.5-167, so ill assume 166 to be conservative. I suppose 5'7.5"+ or thereabouts is close enough to where I can just say 5'8", of course....but as all LL'ers, I'm a bit obsessed with the number. I'm trying to get out of this mindset, though. My relative who met me here over Christmas (when I was just an inch taller) noticed the growth right away.

But I've got time constraints with work...Ill click for up to 4-5 days at home, but that's it. I think that'll put me very close to my goal. But safety first. I want to be able to walk/run/workout/have sex again normally someday soon.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:56:44 PM by YellowSpike391 »

ReadRothbard

« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2015, 09:12:11 PM »

Just be sure to hit 173 cm.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2015, 09:46:48 PM »

Just be sure to hit 173 cm.

Trust me...my posts may not seem like it, but I'm really giving this everything I've got. I would honestly be happy with anything from 172+, because that's close enough to 5'8". It all depends. I'm pushing as far as I safely can.

YellowSpike

« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »

Knee pain acted up today. Cycling hurts my left knee, though it usually goes away after a while. Right knee hurts if I sit with my legs dangling down for too long. So freaking annoying!

So happy to be going home in just under 2 weeks. I'll have to click for a few days at home, but I think I can pull it off as I'll remain wholly committed to all the PT/exercises.

Bohemia

« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »

I am pulling for you, brother!

I scheduled my consultation with Dr. Paley for March 3rd.

Your diary provides consolation to me.

What do you do to occupy your free time, and escape boredom?
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

YellowSpike

« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2015, 12:06:09 PM »

I'm so fuc#ing sick of this knee pain. I feel like I'm the only person who does internal femurs who feels like their knees are on fire when biking. I have the motivation to bust my ass in PT and on my own, but this pain is really draining and worrying me. Now I'll have to slow clicks again and take 500 years to (maybe) reach my goal.

Right now, I honestly wish this surgery didn't exist. I'm so damn frustrated because I'm willing to work hard, but the pain keeps throwing up roadblocks. When will it be my turn for "I have no pain!" like I've heard so many other patients brag about? F#%k this sh*t.

Uppland

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:06 PM »

I'm so fuc#ing sick of this knee pain. I feel like I'm the only person who does internal femurs who feels like their knees are on fire when biking. I have the motivation to bust my ass in PT and on my own, but this pain is really draining and worrying me. Now I'll have to slow clicks again and take 500 years to (maybe) reach my goal.

Right now, I honestly wish this surgery didn't exist. I'm so damn frustrated because I'm willing to work hard, but the pain keeps throwing up roadblocks. When will it be my turn for "I have no pain!" like I've heard so many other patients brag about? F#%k this sh*t.

Didn't you say you had barely anypain until you hit 4CM or so? I bet most people can't say that.

Anyway I guess you should listen to your body and consider stopping if you have too much pain. It's not good to push the body too bad.

YellowSpike

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »

Didn't you say you had barely anypain until you hit 4CM or so? I bet most people can't say that.

Anyway I guess you should listen to your body and consider stopping if you have too much pain. It's not good to push the body too bad.

I said that? I don't remember if I did. Lol. My right leg has always had pain on and off, and my left knee has been bad for a while.

I'm not stopping before 6cm. Guichet doesn't seemed worried and wants me to continue. I just don't want to slow clicks down because I want this nightmare over as soon as possible.

Blackhawk

« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

Yeah you're going through some   right now, but I would trade places with you in a heartbeat.  I am also 167 and I am standing on the train right now on my way to work.  Every guy near me is 6'1"+.  Many of the girls are around 5'8".  It sucks being short.  173 will move you to a new range closer to average height.  Keep going brother!  Try to stay positive and soon this nightmare will be a distant memory.

YellowSpike

« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2015, 01:54:55 PM »

Yeah you're going through some crap right now, but I would trade places with you in a heartbeat.  I am also 167 and I am standing on the train right now on my way to work.  Every guy near me is 6'1"+.  Many of the girls are around 5'8".  It sucks being short.  173 will move you to a new range closer to average height.  Keep going brother!  Try to stay positive and soon this nightmare will be a distant memory.

Thanks pal, I really appreciate this :) the pain worries me (as does my left shin numbness), but Dr G isn't wirried, so I'm trying not to be. It just sucks to be in pain when you're totally willing and show up to all your workouts, even on no sleep. I hate this...

I'm actually 166 according to Dr G and anothe Dr in Milan, but have been measured at 166.5/167 too. So I'll go with 166. I probably won't make it to 173, but anything 172+ will make me happy. I just want to be in the 5'8" range, even if a tad under.

Blackhawk

« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »

Thanks pal, I really appreciate this :) the pain worries me (as does my left shin numbness), but Dr G isn't wirried, so I'm trying not to be. It just sucks to be in pain when you're totally willing and show up to all your workouts, even on no sleep. I hate this...

I'm actually 166 according to Dr G and anothe Dr in Milan, but have been measured at 166.5/167 too. So I'll go with 166. I probably won't make it to 173, but anything 172+ will make me happy. I just want to be in the 5'8" range, even if a tad under.

Yeah I'm sure it's frustrating.  Dr G seems like a caring and knowledgeable doctor.  If he isn't concerned then you should be ok.  Just keep doing as much pt and stretching as you can.  You're 2/3 of the way there.  You'll be done soon.

YellowSpike

« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2015, 02:11:22 PM »

Yeah I'm sure it's frustrating.  Dr G seems like a caring and knowledgeable doctor.  If he isn't concerned then you should be ok.  Just keep doing as much pt and stretching as you can.  You're 2/3 of the way there.  You'll be done soon.

Thanks bro. I think I'm at between 5.2 and 5.5cm right now. Aside from Guichets click file, no one seems capable of giving me an accurate measure of my "real life" gain. I really wish I knew my true gain, because then I'd be more ok with slowing down to .667mm a day (I'm trying to suck it up and do .8mm a few days more).

I'm a little uneasy about clicking for a few days at home, but Dr G seems ok with it. I feel like he would say something if he objected. I've been away for 3 months, I'm just done. I've got a sick parent too. I need to get home, but still somehow finish this sh*t.

Uppland

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »

Even if you're just at 5CM and you slow down to 0.5mm a day then that's only 20 more days.

20 days is nothing, compare it to the rest of your life when you'll be 6-7CM taller.

And then think that's it's probably less than 20 days remaining.

Blackhawk

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »

Thanks bro. I think I'm at between 5.2 and 5.5cm right now. Aside from Guichets click file, no one seems capable of giving me an accurate measure of my "real life" gain. I really wish I knew my true gain, because then I'd be more ok with slowing down to .667mm a day (I'm trying to suck it up and do .8mm a few days more).

I'm a little uneasy about clicking for a few days at home, but Dr G seems ok with it. I feel like he would say something if he objected. I've been away for 3 months, I'm just done. I've got a sick parent too. I need to get home, but still somehow finish this sh*t.

Yeah having a sick parent makes it tougher.  You're really close to being finished.  Even if you slowed down to .5 a day that's only about 2 weeks.  Could you travel right now or is it really difficult to walk?

YellowSpike

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2015, 02:21:53 PM »

Yeah having a sick parent makes it tougher.  You're really close to being finished.  Even if you slowed down to .5 a day that's only about 2 weeks.  Could you travel right now or is it really difficult to walk?

I've been on crutches since 2 weeks post op. It gets tiring, but it's fine. Just worried about getting stuff on a 7 hour flight!!

Yea I'll probably slow it down to .667 starting tomorrow, as much as I don't want to. I've been doing .8mm for about 2 weeks now.

YellowSpike

« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »

Even if you're just at 5CM and you slow down to 0.5mm a day then that's only 20 more days.

20 days is nothing, compare it to the rest of your life when you'll be 6-7CM taller.

And then think that's it's probably less than 20 days remaining.

Thanks Upp! I know I had clicks in the hospital and accidental ones (and some extra ones I stupidly threw in string early weeks), so I feel like I'm a bit above the 5.24cm his file has me at. I hope that's the case.

programdude

« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »

I know it can feel like you need to get out of there. I had a huge company issue come up AND a move to a new location I was doing remotely and countless people hounding me to get back.... But remember this is the once in a life chance for this. You've sacrificed more money(and therefore time) into this than you will into anything but a house.

Go slow if you need to, I wish I could have gone slower for the final stretch myself.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Uppland

« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2015, 03:04:18 PM »

Thanks Upp! I know I had clicks in the hospital and accidental ones (and some extra ones I stupidly threw in string early weeks), so I feel like I'm a bit above the 5.24cm his file has me at. I hope that's the case.

Mate I personally HATE getting dissapointed, I always lowball my expectations so that everything either goes according to plan or I get pleasantly surprised.

Even if it takes a month that's a great deal considering you'll be taller for the rest of your life.

YellowSpike

« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »

Mate I personally HATE getting dissapointed, I always lowball my expectations so that everything either goes according to plan or I get pleasantly surprised.

Even if it takes a month that's a great deal considering you'll be taller for the rest of your life.

Nah I know you're right. But I don't have a months time left to click. Feb 14 is my cutoff bc I have to physically return to my office by second week of March. I think I can get my goal of 6.5cm by Feb 14

YellowSpike

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2015, 01:31:35 PM »

Still having knee pain...but Dr. Guichet examined me today and seemed happy with how I'm doing. He said the knee pain will go away as we slow down and ultimately stop clicking. He also said I could go to 7cm...but 6.5cm will make me very happy. He also said he was fine with me clicking for a week at home. I know he'd object if he felt differently, so it gives me a nice level of comfort.

About 1cm to go...

Blackhawk

« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »

Only 1 cm left.  That's not much.  I would be tempted to go to 7cms to ensure that I actually get 6.5.  Some people have discussed losing some height after consolidation.  Do you feel nervous about clicking at home?  How would you ensure that your legs are the same length?  Would you get an X-ray and send it to dr G?

YellowSpike

« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2015, 02:11:55 PM »

Only 1 cm left.  That's not much.  I would be tempted to go to 7cms to ensure that I actually get 6.5.  Some people have discussed losing some height after consolidation.  Do you feel nervous about clicking at home?  How would you ensure that your legs are the same length?  Would you get an X-ray and send it to dr G?

Maybe I'll do a bit more. Technically 6.35cm is what I want, because that's exactly 2.5 inches, which has always been my goal. I think I'm a little above where the click file says I'm at. I wish there was a way to know my exact real life gain.

I'm not that nervous about it because he's not nervous about it. I know he'd say otherwise if he wasn't ok with it. And yea, I'll be keeping him updated via X-rays and pictures of my flexibility. I lost some flexibility on the SLR test so I have to try to work on that

Blackhawk

« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2015, 02:15:12 PM »

Will you have to go back to work on crutches?  Do people know about your surgery?

YellowSpike

« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2015, 02:18:14 PM »

Will you have to go back to work on crutches?  Do people know about your surgery?

I might. I have to go back second week of March, so that's why in stopping clicks between feb 11-14 to maximize my chances of walking by then. No one except m boss knows (we're very close). I'm telling the others it was a bow leg correction surgery  (which actually isn't even a lie and I have backup for it). Guichet said they most likely won't notice the height bc I won't be walking fully straight. Plus I used to wear lifts and no one noticed that.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »

so sick of all these also..... wannabegiant had no pain till 4 cm sigh... im like in discomfort and pain when i stop painkillers

ReadRothbard

« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2015, 06:32:32 PM »

so sick of all these also..... wannabegiant had no pain till 4 cm sigh... im like in discomfort and pain when i stop painkillers

He was probably hopped up on painkillers.

Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2015, 09:46:15 PM »

I'm somewhere between 6 and 6.3cm at the moment. So happy to be flying home tomorrow. I'll click for a week more max, then I'm done. 6.5cm was always my goal.

A word of caution to prospective LL'ers...don't be like me and only hear what you want to hear. Some patients may lengthen 100cm and have no pain. They are either extremely lucky, have super high pain tolerances, or work for Cirque du Soleil. I only focused on these diaries and hoped and convinced myself it wouldn't hurt. I went with an amazing doctor and team, but Lord have mercy...the pain has been excruciating. And it's gotten worse and worse...not better. After 5cm, it's been nightmarish pain every day. Extreme tightness, knee pain, muscle pain, sciatica (yup), painful visits to an osteopath to fix my crooked pelvis.

Somehow I'm still alive...but what I'm saying is...don't think you're Superman like I did. I don't care how great shape you're in...Prepare for the worst.

Uppland

« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2015, 09:59:03 PM »

I'm somewhere between 6 and 6.3cm at the moment. So happy to be flying home tomorrow. I'll click for a week more max, then I'm done. 6.5cm was always my goal.

A word of caution to prospective LL'ers...don't be like me and only hear what you want to hear. Some patients may lengthen 100cm and have no pain. They are either extremely lucky, have super high pain tolerances, or work for Cirque du Soleil. I only focused on these diaries and hoped and convinced myself it wouldn't hurt. I went with an amazing doctor and team, but Lord have mercy...the pain has been excruciating. And it's gotten worse and worse...not better. After 5cm, it's been nightmarish pain every day. Extreme tightness, knee pain, muscle pain, sciatica (yup), painful visits to an osteopath to fix my crooked pelvis.

Somehow I'm still alive...but what I'm saying is...don't think you're Superman like I did. I don't care how great shape you're in...Prepare for the worst.

Good post and good to hear from you again. Sorry it was rough but glad you made it through.

What is sciatia though?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Up