Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352823 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2015, 06:59:02 PM »

Am sure it Is quite worrying to u...
Apo on the old forum lengthened and lost like at least >4-5 cm above the gains he claimed on the tibia + femur so I am quite worried...
Ie, even if radiographically you gained 6 cm it might only lead to increase in height of 4 cm? Which is what scares me. Would you ask Guichet? He does reply quite promptly to emails I hear.

If it's a radiological discrepancy, I was told it was a 1cm loss. My xrays had me at 7.1cm on feb 3, but I was told I only actually gained 6.1cm at that point. But I'll ask Dr G eventually.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2015, 07:15:56 PM »

If it's a radiological discrepancy, I was told it was a 1cm loss. My xrays had me at 7.1cm on feb 3, but I was told I only actually gained 6.1cm at that point. But I'll ask Dr G eventually.

How much did you end up gaining, then?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »

Measure your height in cm, not in mm.  A few mm +/- makes no real difference.

YellowSpike

« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2015, 07:36:03 PM »

How much did you end up gaining, then?

I believe I got an actual gain of 6.5cm, but then again, with all this talk on femur angles, who knows?

Overdozer

« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:24 PM »

That's way I recommend lengthening a little extra, just to be safe in the end.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »

That's way I recommend lengthening a little extra, just to be safe in the end.

Well I think I did. The X-rays add 1cm, so according to X-rays, I'm at like 7.5cm+. Dr G's click file has me at 6.61cm, but I know I had some clicks it's not including (hospital, accidental and extra clicks I threw in), so I think my net gain is close to 6.5cm. I saw a friend yesterday who used to be my same height/a tad taller, and I was looking down on him. I've achieved a noticeable gain even if I don't know the exact number. I'll do a handful more clicks but I really want to stop because I need to get back to my normal way of life.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2015, 01:12:46 AM »

Well I think I did. The X-rays add 1cm, so according to X-rays, I'm at like 7.5cm+. Dr G's click file has me at 6.61cm, but I know I had some clicks it's not including (hospital, accidental and extra clicks I threw in), so I think my net gain is close to 6.5cm. I saw a friend yesterday who used to be my same height/a tad taller, and I was looking down on him. I've achieved a noticeable gain even if I don't know the exact number. I'll do a handful more clicks but I really want to stop because I need to get back to my normal way of life.

what do you mean the XR add 1 cm? It is pretty disturbingin that case..... you mean X-rays which were read and analysed by Guichet to be 7.5??

XRR cannot be read to scale, and we need to compare with other landmarks (eg for ex fix we compare to parts of the frame).

Did you get a reading of your radiograph by Dr Guichet or an X-ray guy? Or was it just based on the scale on the XR?

YellowSpike

« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2015, 03:03:59 AM »

what do you mean the XR add 1 cm? It is pretty disturbingin that case..... you mean X-rays which were read and analysed by Guichet to be 7.5??

XRR cannot be read to scale, and we need to compare with other landmarks (eg for ex fix we compare to parts of the frame).

Did you get a reading of your radiograph by Dr Guichet or an X-ray guy? Or was it just based on the scale on the XR?

No the X-rays were examined by another doctor and the radiologist using some computer program. But Dr G said for me to follow the click file, which was always 1CM less than what the radiologist claimed the X-rays said. Very confusing/frustrating, but obviously I go with Dr G.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2015, 05:57:31 AM »

No the X-rays were examined by another doctor and the radiologist using some computer program. But Dr G said for me to follow the click file, which was always 1CM less than what the radiologist claimed the X-rays said. Very confusing/frustrating, but obviously I go with Dr G.

This is so confusing. Why would the click file be more accurate than X-rays?? I mean, I would trust Dr G but what is the reason? Could you ask him? Just wondering, Im sure he has a good reason for it.... Im quite concerned now. Because my X-rays say 4cm when I last took them and I thought it was what I was gonna get :(

w1988

« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2015, 08:26:55 PM »

5'8 isn't short in my eyes. It's only an inch from the average male height in the United States
Statistics are based on the records and I'm sure nurses will round up the height (unless it's something to do with LL, disabilities, etc). I think 5'8" is probably the exact average height. I know the statistic in the UK is 5'10" and there is no way that is true.

Are you in London? Not Milan?

Where does Guichet stay?
I've been wondering this too, he mentioned London which has got me excited because I live in London but also confused because I thought it was all in Milan.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

mb53

« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2015, 08:40:58 PM »

Do we have a choice in the location of the surgery? Spending 2+ months in Milan sounds fantastic (excruciating pain notwithstanding). The food is great, the weather is great, and it's the fashion capital of the world so once I'm taller I can buy lots of pants I wouldn't have been able to pull off before  ;D. It's also very close to Florence and Venice (though maybe going to Venice as a cripple doesn't sound like the best idea...).

alps

« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2015, 10:05:34 PM »

Do we have a choice in the location of the surgery? Spending 2+ months in Milan sounds fantastic (excruciating pain notwithstanding). The food is great, the weather is great, and it's the fashion capital of the world so once I'm taller I can buy lots of pants I wouldn't have been able to pull off before  ;D. It's also very close to Florence and Venice (though maybe going to Venice as a cripple doesn't sound like the best idea...).
language problems??

mb53

« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2015, 10:29:26 PM »

language problems??

I took a few years of Italian in high school. I'm horrible at speaking and writing Italian (lol) but I can read and understand it surprisingly well.

MAN-OF-STEEL

• It's not an S
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2015, 07:38:15 PM »

Hi Yellowspike

How's the walking now? How long have you been using the crutches?

I'm getting nervous as I'm close to my procedure with Dr Guichet

YellowSpike

« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2015, 03:00:28 AM »

Hi Yellowspike

How's the walking now? How long have you been using the crutches?

I'm getting nervous as I'm close to my procedure with Dr Guichet

Hey man! I've been on crutches since about 2 weeks post-op...so since early January. I get around on crutches just fine, including up and downstairs. Now that I just finished clicking yesterday (I decided to push myself a little further to 6.75cm), I'm hoping it's not a million years until I can start to get rid of the crutches (and the residual pain).

Don't be nervous. Dr. Guichet is awesome. Yeah, you'll have a few rough days after the surgery, but then it's mostly manageable. I'm not sure what your body type and flexibility are like, but for me, the bad pain didn't really start until around the 5cm mark. That last 1.75cm was a war for me. It may not be at all for you. If it weren't for work/time constraints and nerve pain (the worst pain EVER), I might have pushed on to 7cm+...but I'm VERY happy with my gain, and I'm ready to start recovering now, for real.

If there's one piece of advice I can gave prospective LL'ers (especially ones that go with Dr. Guichet)...GIVE YOUR ALL FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN FROM DAY ONE! As the weeks go on, and you lengthen more and more, and your flexibility decrease and the pain increases...you won't be able to give as much. So trust me...the harder you work early on (I worked hard, but could have done a bit more in terms of maintaining flexibility, in retrospect), the better you'll be at the end of your lengthening.

Best of luck to you and I will follow your story! Send me a PM if you'd like, I'm wondering if I've already met you lol. I will keep my diary updated as I start to (hopefully) remove the crutches within the next few days/weeks. So happy to FINALLY be done (truly, this time) with clicking.

YellowSpike

« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2015, 03:12:38 AM »

This is so confusing. Why would the click file be more accurate than X-rays?? I mean, I would trust Dr G but what is the reason? Could you ask him? Just wondering, Im sure he has a good reason for it.... Im quite concerned now. Because my X-rays say 4cm when I last took them and I thought it was what I was gonna get :(

Don't worry about this too much. I think the 1cm discrepancy I experienced had to do with the program the radiologists in my case used to measure my gain. In my case, they were always estimating 1cm ahead of the click file, which with Dr. Guichet, is gospel (not the radiologist estimates). He insists that the click file (so long as you keep track of all your clicks from day one) is the most accurate measure of your true gain (in my case, 6.75cm).

YellowSpike

« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2015, 11:45:32 PM »

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's being home (even though it's been two weeks) and being crippled. Maybe it's that I finished clicking to 6.75cm, and now I'm not "growing" anymore (and semi-wondering if I shoulda did more despite the excruciating pain I was in). Maybe I'm scared to return to my office job in a few weeks (though I'll start working from home this week). But man, I am like...super depressed.

I think I'm overwhelmed because I have SO much that I want to do, but I just can't do it because I'm still on these f#cking crutches. I want to get back to the gym (I need to get my ass back), I want to be dating/hooking up with girls (I miss sex big time), I want to get a new job so I can be earning more money to recoup what I spent on this (especially since I got my master's degree going on two years this summer - hope that's not an issue when I start to look this spring), I gotta do my taxes, file a million insurance claims for all the x-rays/tests I did throughout LL (they'll reimburse that, but not the surgery itself)....I'm just really overwhelmed.

I want my life back. I'm tired of the pain...I'm tired of not being able to bend my knees. I'm tired of my muscles being tight as boulders. I'm tired of having piriformis syndrome and not being able to do anything about it without clicking accidentally...I'm tired of having to do all these exercises (though I've been doing them less and focusing mainly on walking with crutches, biking when I can, and stretching).

I hate what LL did to me (except make me not a midget). I want this all to end.

Ok...end of my rant...lol. I just have no one else to really talk to about this. I have to be strong for my family since a parent is sick so I can't vent much to them.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2015, 11:56:19 PM »

im sorry to hear all this... its just a long process. well at least 1) u did internals, so u don't have frames for that long. im gonna have frames till December    2) u did with a good doc, so thing shd go for the better eventually  3) you reached close to your target height     and 4) you are the hardworking kind, I can tell, so u shd have a good recovery

everything has its flipside.

YellowSpike

« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2015, 12:04:10 AM »

im sorry to hear all this... its just a long process. well at least 1) u did internals, so u don't have frames for that long. im gonna have frames till December    2) u did with a good doc, so thing shd go for the better eventually  3) you reached close to your target height     and 4) you are the hardworking kind, I can tell, so u shd have a good recovery

everything has its flipside.

I appreciate this very much. Thank you.

I am a hardworking person...but I'm really tired of working so hard. As I said, I'm doing less (especially now that I'll be working from home starting mid this week), but I'm still making sure I get out every day to walk on my crutches to help with bone ossification. I'm just tired of being crippled.

Dr. Guichet is an excellent surgeon indeed, and he has been very reassuring to me that all my issues will go away with time (pain, muscle tightness, etc.). I'm just worried and somewhat jealous that some people are able to do so much and get 8cm with no pain or side effects, and although my goal was always 6.5-7cm (and I got right in the middle of that at 6.75), I would have gone for a bit more if things were different. But safety first.

When I stand up now and put my legs together, my right leg has a hard time being fully straightened, and this bothers me. I think it's a combination of piriformis syndrome (which can be fixed) and muscle tightness, but it still worries me.

I was just venting because (as we all know), LL is such a damn hard and sucky ass process.

KrP1

« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2015, 12:13:54 AM »

hey man, its just a bad day for you , its normal when you are in pain and recovering, in a few time you will be walking and doing all those things that you want to do with your new height and happy with your new life.

YellowSpike

« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2015, 12:18:21 AM »

hey man, its just a bad day for you , its normal when you are in pain and recovering, in a few time you will be walking and doing all those things that you want to do with your new height and happy with your new life.

Thanks bro. I hope so. It just seems sorta impossible that I'll recover from all this, in a way.

KrP1

« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2015, 12:22:03 AM »

Thanks bro. I hope so. It just seems sorta impossible that I'll recover from all this, in a way.

only give it time bro

YellowSpike

« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2015, 12:30:54 AM »

only give it time bro

Thanks KirP1!

I'm also very slightly annoyed at stopping at 6.75cm...but it's made a HUGE difference. I just get angry/jealous at all the people on here who do more (and they're already taller than me and/or didn't need LL to begin with, in my opinion), but I keep trying to remind myself that I've had a lot of pain, and 5'8" (which was always my goal, and I got it) isn't bad at all. I just know that I would never do a second LL, and I don't want any regrets. I don't think another half inch is the end of the world, I'm just very hard on myself and always want the best for myself. But as I said earlier...safety first. The last few clicks were really starting to hurt, I've had bad knee pain, numbness...a lot of reasons to stop, and my gain is pretty solid and pretty much my goal from day one.

People on here also talk about femurs not gaining all the height you gain, but I kinda feel like I may be an exception somewhat. My femurs/legs looks almost perfectly straight when I look in the mirror standing up, and I was bow-legged before the surgery. I kinda tower over my dad now, who used to have a half-inch on me. So I guess I shouldn't be ambivalent about stopping now...

Man I'm just a mess of PMS-like emotions today. LOL  :o

KrP1

« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2015, 12:35:34 AM »

yellow , im now 165 approx, and i have been always thinking that 172 is the point where all this discrimination that we have suffered for our height stops, so you will be fine now, yeah maybe you could have done 1cm more, but 1 cm isnt really noticeable, you will look the same

YellowSpike

« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2015, 12:43:13 AM »

yellow , im now 165 approx, and i have been always thinking that 172 is the point where all this discrimination that we have suffered for our height stops, so you will be fine now, yeah maybe you could have done 1cm more, but 1 cm isnt really noticeable, you will look the same

Yeah my thoughts exactly. 1cm is less than half an inch. I've always said 171/172 is where most height discrimination for men ends (even if you're not getting the stuck-up bitches who only date 6'2" and up, who wants to marry them anyway?). So I'm just a tad under 173 now...that's fine!

Are you gonna do LL? I think even if you get 6cm (though I'm sure you'll get more) and get to 171, I think anything over 170/5'7" is perfectly fine (as long as you have other things going for you, which I'm sure you do).

KrP1

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2015, 12:48:10 AM »

yes, im going to do it, hope this year , i want to be 172 but maybe i will be a Little under that because if i do tibias i dont think i will go for more than 6,5cm

YellowSpike

« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2015, 12:57:11 AM »

yes, im going to do it, hope this year , i want to be 172 but maybe i will be a Little under that because if i do tibias i dont think i will go for more than 6,5cm

You're definitely doing tibias?

I did femurs because of the shorter recovery time and because my femurs were disproportionally short for my body. I have to say...my after LL proportions (tibia to femur, and legs to torso) look awesome. Once I'm walking normally and I take care of the scars, you'd never know I did LL. Even moreso once I regain my muscle mass.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2015, 01:04:02 AM »

Thanks KirP1!

I'm also very slightly annoyed at stopping at 6.75cm...but it's made a HUGE difference. I just get angry/jealous at all the people on here who do more (and they're already taller than me and/or didn't need LL to begin with, in my opinion), but I keep trying to remind myself that I've had a lot of pain, and 5'8" (which was always my goal, and I got it) isn't bad at all. I just know that I would never do a second LL, and I don't want any regrets. I don't think another half inch is the end of the world, I'm just very hard on myself and always want the best for myself. But as I said earlier...safety first. The last few clicks were really starting to hurt, I've had bad knee pain, numbness...a lot of reasons to stop, and my gain is pretty solid and pretty much my goal from day one.

People on here also talk about femurs not gaining all the height you gain, but I kinda feel like I may be an exception somewhat. My femurs/legs looks almost perfectly straight when I look in the mirror standing up, and I was bow-legged before the surgery. I kinda tower over my dad now, who used to have a half-inch on me. So I guess I shouldn't be ambivalent about stopping now...

Man I'm just a mess of PMS-like emotions today. LOL  :o

hey bro, if 1 cm is all ur after, try yoga.. I grew 1 cm with yoga and this ebook called "dynamic height increase". The height has remained permanent ever since. yoga really helps.

you can also (in addition, or in the alternative) try glucosamine 750 mg in two divided doses daily. I gained another 0.5 cm with that. a study has shown that most people grew 0.5 cm in the spine with glucosamine., its also good for ur joints yeah, so I would reco taking it. (I am still taking it). it takes about 2 weeks to 8 weeks to see full results.

yup, I was 171.5 night height, but after glucosamine and yoga I became 173 night height (for a few years already)

if you are lazy to do all those, 1 cm is not much. look at a ruler :D

ItsMyLife

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2015, 01:05:55 AM »

Yeah my thoughts exactly. 1cm is less than half an inch. I've always said 171/172 is where most height discrimination for men ends (even if you're not getting the stuck-up bitches who only date 6'2" and up, who wants to marry them anyway?). So I'm just a tad under 173 now...that's fine!

Are you gonna do LL? I think even if you get 6cm (though I'm sure you'll get more) and get to 171, I think anything over 170/5'7" is perfectly fine (as long as you have other things going for you, which I'm sure you do).

I've been living a good life at 173 cm (night height) and lifts. I just got annoyed with having to remove my shoes.
I am also contemplating to stop my tibia at 6-7 cm instead of 8 cm because I heard athletic function might decrease....
1-2 cm is not much. more than 2 cm is noticeable.

YellowSpike

« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2015, 01:11:43 AM »

hey bro, if 1 cm is all ur after, try yoga.. I grew 1 cm with yoga and this ebook called "dynamic height increase". The height has remained permanent ever since. yoga really helps.

you can also (in addition, or in the alternative) try glucosamine 750 mg in two divided doses daily. I gained another 0.5 cm with that. a study has shown that most people grew 0.5 cm in the spine with glucosamine., its also good for ur joints yeah, so I would reco taking it. (I am still taking it). it takes about 2 weeks to 8 weeks to see full results.

yup, I was 171.5 night height, but after glucosamine and yoga I became 173 night height (for a few years already)

haha! Actually yoga is on my list, and maybe I will try gluco as well! I think I'm around 167 in the morning, and 166 in the evening (Dr. G and another doctor in Milan measured me at 166 at night, so I'll go with that). Another 1cm (though barely noticeable) would be welcome, but I'm just around 173 now, and I'm perfectly fine with that!

Uppland

« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2015, 02:57:39 AM »

That's so great, every CM gained is one you won't have to lenghten. You almost got 2CM, and in the spine no less.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32   Go Up