Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352747 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2015, 03:41:57 AM »

That's so great, every CM gained is one you won't have to lenghten. You almost got 2CM, and in the spine no less.

Yea I think I may try all this once I'm fully recovered. Another cm or so would be icing on the cake for me.

YellowSpike

« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2015, 06:01:53 AM »

Can't sleep. Knee pain, back pain, ITB pain, hip pain, muscles tight all over...I just hate LL so much. I wish it didn't exist or that I never found out about it. Or that height didn't fking matter so God damned much. Or that waking up to take a piss in the middle of the night didn't involve crutches and having to be so careful. I feel incompetent and so unattractive right now (I hate not having an ass big time).

I just don't see how all of my problems will ever go away or how I'll ever walk normally again. It just seems...impossible. I hate my life right now.

Man, I really suck today.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2015, 06:55:18 AM »

Can't sleep. Knee pain, back pain, ITB pain, hip pain, muscles tight all over...I just hate LL so much. I wish it didn't exist or that I never found out about it. Or that height didn't fking matter so God damned much. Or that waking up to take a piss in the middle of the night didn't involve crutches and having to be so careful. I feel incompetent and so unattractive right now (I hate not having an ass big time).

I just don't see how all of my problems will ever go away or how I'll ever walk normally again. It just seems...impossible. I hate my life right now.

Why you have fluctuated emotion?Hope you doing well asap

ItsMyLife

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2015, 07:24:37 AM »

I pee-ed in Ziploc bags so I didn't have to walk with walkers with excruciating pain (due to the stiffness of the joints, that developed at night) (it is very tiring at night, and by the time you are done u're awake). Hope that was helpful. In Russian clinic they used pee bottles. But there would be a pee smell so I used ziplock bags.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2015, 07:32:28 AM »

Why you have fluctuated emotion?Hope you doing well asap

Its good you noticed this.

Yellowspike, did you get off any medication (esp narcotics, and muscle relaxants?). Cos' It might be withdrawals and rebound pain. You are done lengthening so it should be better and less pain, sleep should have improved too.  UNLESS you are having withdrawals and rebound pain.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »

its because you remember how your body used to be. and you remember how strong and powerfull it was.

all of u sudden you appreciate how awesome you were. and then you freak out, the fear creeps in. after you appreciate how great you were before you start to seriously contemplate what it is that you have done to yourself, then you start to worry about if it is or is not permanent.

worrying about weather pain/possible damage is or is not permanent changes after you seriously appreciate how great you were before. it changes your outlook.

this happened to me on a microcosm. I cant even imagine what yellow spike is going through. also its possible that he did not experience the same thing I experienced. I wonder if he will resonate and agree with what I have said. or if he will state it is a different feeling that he experienced.

don't worry yellow spike, your pain will go, don't let those fears creep up, it will take time, surround yourself with people who are positive, who believe In you, and who believe in your recovery. it will strengthen your resolve. always understand that your going to heal. you only did close to 6.5cm and with a good surgeon. you will be fine. always tell yourself this.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

YellowSpike

« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2015, 12:31:46 PM »

its because you remember how your body used to be. and you remember how strong and powerfull it was.

all of u sudden you appreciate how awesome you were. and then you freak out, the fear creeps in. after you appreciate how great you were before you start to seriously contemplate what it is that you have done to yourself, then you start to worry about if it is or is not permanent.

worrying about weather pain/possible damage is or is not permanent changes after you seriously appreciate how great you were before. it changes your outlook.

this happened to me on a microcosm. I cant even imagine what yellow spike is going through. also its possible that he did not experience the same thing I experienced. I wonder if he will resonate and agree with what I have said. or if he will state it is a different feeling that he experienced.

don't worry yellow spike, your pain will go, don't let those fears creep up, it will take time, surround yourself with people who are positive, who believe In you, and who believe in your recovery. it will strengthen your resolve. always understand that your going to heal. you only did close to 6.5cm and with a good surgeon. you will be fine. always tell yourself this.

Yea this is exactly it. Combined with being annoyed that I had to stop at only 6.75cm. I wanted a little more, but my body was really fighting me. Nerve pain, numbness, extreme tightness...Dr. G said I could go to 7cm, but I was having too many issues to keep going. Guess I'll get the rest of it from ItsMyLifes methods (yoga and gluco).

I have a very, very hard time believing that I'll recover. I have so many issues...it just seems impossible. Until I recover (meaning I can do everything I used to do at least 80-90% as before), I think I'm gonna be feeling horrible and regret doing LL.

Uppland

« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »

Yea this is exactly it. Combined with being annoyed that I had to stop at only 6.75cm. I wanted a little more, but my body was really fighting me. Nerve pain, numbness, extreme tightness...Dr. G said I could go to 7cm, but I was having too many issues to keep going. Guess I'll get the rest of it from ItsMyLifes methods (yoga and gluco).

I have a very, very hard time believing that I'll recover. I have so many issues...it just seems impossible. Until I recover (meaning I can do everything I used to do at least 80-90% as before), I think I'm gonna be feeling horrible and regret doing LL.

Then get started on your recovery as fast as possible, and don't quit until you've made it.

What is a LL patient supposed to do to recover anyway, just keep stretching?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »

Then get started on your recovery as fast as possible, and don't quit until you've made it.

And walking.  Yep, it just sorta happens gradually.

YellowSpike

« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »

I know, and that's exactly what I've been doing. Stretching, biking, and walking on crutches/weightbearing as much as I can to stimulate bone growth. I'm getting new x-rays taken this week, so I guess we'll see how I'm doing.

I'm mostly happy with 6.75cm. It's a VERY noticeable gain for me, and I think since it corrected my bowlegs, I may have gotten like another .5cm of visual height (people on here say you minus a bit of what you lengthen for femurs due to the angle of them, yet my femurs look almost perfectly straight, so I don't know). And it was in line with my original range. I just know that I'm never doing this again, and I wanted no regrets. I think I won't have any regrets once I've recovered. I think it's wise not to risk permanent issues for another .5-1cm, when that's not really noticeable anyway.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:52:40 PM by YellowSpike »

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2015, 05:28:58 PM »

I know, and that's exactly what I've been doing. Stretching, biking, and walking on crutches/weightbearing as much as I can to stimulate bone growth. I'm getting new x-rays taken this week, so I guess we'll see how I'm doing.

I'm mostly happy with 6.75cm. It's a VERY noticeable gain for me, and I think since it corrected my bowlegs, I may have gotten like another .5cm of visual height (people on here say you minus a bit of what you lengthen for femurs due to the angle of them, yet my femurs look almost perfectly straight, so I don't know). And it was in line with my original range. I just know that I'm never doing this again, and I wanted no regrets. I think I won't have any regrets once I've recovered. I think it's wise not to risk permanent issues for another .5-1cm, when that's not really noticeable anyway.
Are you that you havent got any discrepency from ll
My ll will start in July with Guichet

Uppland

« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2015, 07:34:59 PM »

Are you that you havent got any discrepency from ll
My ll will start in July with Guichet

Looking forward to your diary, I am also interested in hiring DR. Guichet.

YellowSpike

« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2015, 10:52:13 PM »

Looking forward to your diary, I am also interested in hiring DR. Guichet.

Make no mistake...Dr. Guichet is an amazing surgeon, and I believe a great person in general. My latest few posts have NOTHING to do with him or his craft. I'm just frustrated and VERY antsy. Patience has never been one of my virtues. LL has taught me that I need to work on that.

But Dr. G is awesome  :)

programdude

« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:34 PM »

I'm not sure where you at but keep in mind... Month 1 post op I could barely lift a leg with help when lying on my side, 3 months   just sitting flying home hurt badly, 4 months workouts began and continued to now where I am doing almost full leg workouts and (poorly) jogging after 8 CM. You go from a total shell of yourself to normal pretty fast.

Everyone I lengthened with seems to have recovered even better than me too, when I saw them at their worst, and despairing with my own eyes. Unless something has gone wrong and you are an outlier, I think it is normal to go from feeling broken(since you are) to normal quite soon. You should be very comfortable a couple weeks after stopping, with legs feeling almost normal after 2-3 months. And that is estimations using 8 CM, for you I would imagine better.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

YellowSpike

« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2015, 12:22:11 AM »

I'm not sure where you at but keep in mind... Month 1 post op I could barely lift a leg with help when lying on my side, 3 months   just sitting flying home hurt badly, 4 months workouts began and continued to now where I am doing almost full leg workouts and (poorly) jogging after 8 CM. You go from a total shell of yourself to normal pretty fast.

Everyone I lengthened with seems to have recovered even better than me too, when I saw them at their worst, and despairing with my own eyes. Unless something has gone wrong and you are an outlier, I think it is normal to go from feeling broken(since you are) to normal quite soon. You should be very comfortable a couple weeks after stopping, with legs feeling almost normal after 2-3 months. And that is estimations using 8 CM, for you I would imagine better.

Thanks for the support pal. I appreciate it. I've followed your story as well, and given how athletic I know you are, I'm surprised recovery has taken you so long, even for 8cm (just over 1cm than what I lengthened). But you seem to be doing great, and you're back to your player ways with all your girls hehe (though, you never really stopped - I give you props). I have a lot I want to accomplish, and while I'm young, I'm not getting any younger. I want to get a better job (I'm paid pretty well, but underpaid for my qualifications), be dating/hooking up with girls again, back to the gym to get my ass back...lol. Today I did the bike for 30 minutes and walked a lot outside today. And I didn't feel winded at all. I also took my first full-standing shower (without sitting at all) since the surgery. So I guess I'm getting there. I'm trying to weight-bear as much as possible to help myself heal as soon as possible.

At this point, I'm just dying to walk unaided again, even if funnily. My next x-rays are on Saturday, just over a week since I finished clicking to 6.75+cm (not counting hospital clicks and extra clicks I threw in and didn't keep track of). I'm going to ask the radiologist if they can measure my gain, but Dr. Guichet insists his file is the most accurate. I think I gained closer to 7cm than I may realize, because I remember, even when subtracting the 1cm that he said the radiologist was overestimating, I was a few days ahead of the click file.

I just hope my bone ossification is better than the last x-rays, because while there was a definite bone bridge, it wasn't that great overall. But I was still clicking at a faster rate at my last x-rays (now almost a month ago next week).

programdude

« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2015, 01:23:49 AM »

You are past the worst part, and once you start walking unaided and improve from there I think it will become a memory pretty quickly.

Are you noticing a serious change in your height with what you lengthened?
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2015, 01:29:56 AM »

You are past the worst part, and once you start walking unaided and improve from there I think it will become a memory pretty quickly.

Are you noticing a serious change in your height with what you lengthened?

Thanks man, I sure hope so.

I am definitely noticing a serious change in my height, absolutely. My dad, boss, and another friend of mine are all my former height. I've seen them all since my surgery, and while it may not look it to someone on the outside looking at us, I feel like I tower over them. Like, I can almost see entirely over their heads. It's nuts. When I "walk" down the street (still with fairly significant duckass), I find that I'm as tall or just a little shorter than most men that I come across. I definitely didn't feel that way before the surgery. I never planned on going past 7cm, so 25mm (maybe even less) is undetectable I would say.

Overall, I'm happy with my gain. I still have a lot of pain right now, so I think stopping was the right idea, especially given how after 6cm recovery time really starts to climb.

programdude

« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2015, 02:04:52 AM »

Im surprised you have so much pain, that should pretty much be gone a few weeks after, and only really present during extenuating circumstances.

YellowSpike

« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2015, 02:15:36 AM »

Im surprised you have so much pain, that should pretty much be gone a few weeks after, and only really present during extenuating circumstances.

Well, it's only mostly when I do certain movements. And I just stopped clicking officially less than a week ago. I didn't expect the pain to begin to subside until a bit after clicking. I have hip pain (due to one of the screws) on my right hip, which is probably the worst at this point, and both of my hamstrings/ITBs hurt a bit when I do certain movements.

Another thing that I've considered with my gain...I was moderately bowlegged before LL. With my feet together, my knees were pretty wide apart, though not enough impact my life in any way. My legs are like perfectly straight now. I think this may have given me a half cm/few mm as bonus, because I explicitly remember "manually correcting" my bowlegs in front of the mirror before the surgery, and it seemed to slightly increase my visual height. So there's that too.

YellowSpike

« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:03 PM »

I'm feeling extremely ambivalent about continuing to click for a bit more or not. Right now, I'm at 6.75cm+ (I'm pretty sure I'm over that, because it doesn't count for practice clicks the first 2 days in the hospital, plus some extra clicks I threw in early on before the pain set in around 5cm) according to the click file, which I'm lead to believe is gospel (per Dr. Guichet). 7cm (37 clicks away) seems really far, and my main issue now is time. I'm working from home, but need to get back to the office hopefully by March 16th, and I had really wanted to be walking unaided by then. If I have to click for close to another week (I won't be able to handle more than 7 clicks or .5mm per day given my current pain), this may not be possible. Maybe I settle for in between and go to 6.85cm? I realize that we are talking about millimeters now, and I probably sound like an idiot. The difference between 6.75 and 7cm is 1/10th of an inch (undetectable). I had never planned on going over 7cm, and I still don't. 7cm was always the absolute limit I wanted to lengthen.

I guess all this talk about femur angles taking away some of what you lengthen has upset me (I didn't discover this until a few days ago, and really wish I hadn't, as much as this forum has been an asset to me). I really want to be 5'8"...that is all. And I have fairly significant duckass still, so my standing height still can't be properly measured. I just don't want to have any regrets...but now I feel like I'm falling victim to the numbers game. And the fact of the matter is, I'm running out of time with my work and also have fairly significant pain/issues (knee pain, ITB pain, hip pain - nothing excruciating, but bad sometimes).

Height neurosis is the absolute worst...I just want to fully put this behind me after I recover with no regrets. I've worked too hard not to have closure, as stupid and petty as all of this may sound.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #268 on: February 24, 2015, 10:18:40 PM »

In my opinion,this is a psychological issue. Which either needs psychological and/or psychiatric solutions OR the physical attainment of your target. Even if you physically reach your target, or exceed it, there is a chance that it is a "moving target", ie you might revise your target upwards to 5'10, etc. So a psychological/psychiatric solution is (probably, but its your life) more acceptable. Ie, accept your height as-is, whatever the outcome is, because you have done your best and within your constrains.

On top of all this, all this has the bearing of withdrawal symptoms from pharmaceuticals, very familiar. Note the sudden (which coincides with cold turkey date) mood changes and depressed feelings (almost manic-depressive). The solution is to restart the pharmaceuticals at maintenance doses and taper off.

I've been reading your posts for some time and it might be advantageous to see a doctor or counsellor if you feel morbid impairment of your life at this point of time.

YellowSpike

« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »

In my opinion,this is a psychological issue. Which either needs psychological and/or psychiatric solutions OR the physical attainment of your target. Even if you physically reach your target, or exceed it, there is a chance that it is a "moving target", ie you might revise your target upwards to 5'10, etc. So a psychological/psychiatric solution is (probably, but its your life) more acceptable. Ie, accept your height as-is, whatever the outcome is, because you have done your best and within your constrains.

On top of all this, all this has the bearing of withdrawal symptoms from pharmaceuticals, very familiar. Note the sudden (which coincides with cold turkey date) mood changes and depressed feelings (almost manic-depressive). The solution is to restart the pharmaceuticals at maintenance doses and taper off.

I've been reading your posts for some time and it might be advantageous to see a doctor or counsellor if you feel morbid impairment of your life at this point of time.

Nah, it's not really like that, although I can see how my recent mood swings may say otherwise. I have anticipated doing LL for a very long time, and finally did it, and just want zero regrets. I have worked too hard, gone through too much pain, and spent too much money not to have complete closure. I'm realistic...as a guy that started in the 5'5" range (and was still successful in my career and with women), 5'8" was all I ever wanted. Anything above that, and my proportions would slowly start to look weird. So 5'8" remains my hard goal. Even if I did 7cm and I was still a pinch under 5'8", that's fine because I would never go beyond 7cm for recovery reasons. 7cm would be the point I reached where I could say "I really did all that I could," if that makes sense.

My mood swings recently have been a combination of antsy-ness (wanting to get back to my life and start dating again, get a new job, etc) and now ambivalence regarding continuing to click or not (which I blame learning about the femur angle thing on). Because according to the click file, per Dr. Guichet (and another doctor who both measured me in the evening), I am now 5'8". But this femur angle thing has just got me second-guessing myself.

If someone could confirm (which I know isn't possible) that I'm 5'8", I'd be 100% comfortable with stopping clicking.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #270 on: February 24, 2015, 10:29:10 PM »

Have you considered CT Scans? My doctor thinks it is a good way to confirm. You could also stand up straight as you can and get measured by a stadiometer. The other way I confirmed my height was to invite a friend over (he was 175) and compare my height vis-à-vis him.

Whatever, have you ruled out withdrawals? What medicines did you stop taking?

YellowSpike

« Reply #271 on: February 24, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »

Have you considered CT Scans? My doctor thinks it is a good way to confirm. You could also stand up straight as you can and get measured by a stadiometer. The other way I confirmed my height was to invite a friend over (he was 175) and compare my height vis-à-vis him.

Whatever, have you ruled out withdrawals? What medicines did you stop taking?

I don't think it's withdrawals. I was on low doses of tramadol and a very low dose of Lyrica, but it's been over a week since I've taken them. I just take ibuprofen now for pain. Could those cause withdrawal mood swings? Lyrica I heard could, but I was on a very low dose (just taking 25mg once at night per day).

Well, I guess I could invite someone over who is 5'8" but that means they have to know their exact height too, and I'd feel weird doing that. Whatever. I think right now I'm going to try and go to 6.85cm...because that's almost the same thing as 7cm. Maybe I'll see how I feel when I get there. Because the difference between 6.85cm and 7cm is .05 inches (not that the current difference of .1 inch I'm at is even noticeable, lol).

I'm just ambivalent and torn. I'm not crazy. I will NEVER do a second LL...I will never have the time or money to do so, so this is IT for me. And while I'm dying to get back to my life and recover, I just want to have zero regrets.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »

I don't think it's withdrawals. I was on low doses of tramadol and a very low dose of Lyrica, but it's been over a week since I've taken them. I just take ibuprofen now for pain. Could those cause withdrawal mood swings? Lyrica I heard could, but I was on a very low dose (just taking 25mg once at night per day).

Well, I guess I could invite someone over who is 5'8" but that means they have to know their exact height too, and I'd feel weird doing that. Whatever. I think right now I'm going to try and go to 6.85cm...because that's almost the same thing as 7cm. Maybe I'll see how I feel when I get there. Because the difference between 6.85cm and 7cm is .05 inches (not that the current difference of .1 inch I'm at is even noticeable, lol).

I'm just ambivalent and torn. I'm not crazy. I will NEVER do a second LL...I will never have the time or money to do so, so this is IT for me. And while I'm dying to get back to my life and recover, I just want to have zero regrets.

I don't think 25 mg lyrica is  clinically significant. How much tramadol did you take? tramadol is not known as a very addictive drug but it DOES have withdrawal if you stop it. I took 150mg-200mg a day and when I stop it cold turkey 2 days ago I feel weird (and a different, more anxious mental state.. so I take codeine 30 mg twice a day to feel better). If I were you, I would continue to take 50 mg per day for the next week or so.

Just to stabilise your emotions.  The mind is a very scary thing. A lot of things.. they are in your mind. And seriously? 1 mm or 2mm isn't any difference.. 5 mm might be.

YellowSpike

« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2015, 10:55:04 PM »

I don't think 25 mg lyrica is  clinically significant. How much tramadol did you take? tramadol is not known as a very addictive drug but it DOES have withdrawal if you stop it. I took 150mg-200mg a day and when I stop it cold turkey 2 days ago I feel weird (and a different, more anxious mental state.. so I take codeine 30 mg twice a day to feel better). If I were you, I would continue to take 50 mg per day for the next week or so.

Just to stabilise your emotions.  The mind is a very scary thing. A lot of things.. they are in your mind. And seriously? 1 mm or 2mm isn't any difference.. 5 mm might be.

Well tramadol I was only taking 100mg intermittently. I have co-codamol with codeine, so maybe I'll take that for a few days. I have no more tramadol or Lyrica.

I know...there's really no difference at all between 6.75cm and 7cm. I guess I'm also an anal person and very hard on myself. 7cm was the top of my range. I'd care less if it weren't for the new knowledge of femur angles throwing off your actual gain in height. Because then I'd know for certain that I'm at 5'8" now. The only thing I wonder for myself is that, since I corrected my bowlegs (which were mild to moderate before LL), if that maybe "cancelled out" any loss the femur angles would result in (if that makes any sense).

ItsMyLife

« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2015, 11:06:34 PM »

Well tramadol I was only taking 100mg intermittently. I have co-codamol with codeine, so maybe I'll take that for a few days. I have no more tramadol or Lyrica.

I know...there's really no difference at all between 6.75cm and 7cm. I guess I'm also an anal person and very hard on myself. 7cm was the top of my range. I'd care less if it weren't for the new knowledge of femur angles throwing off your actual gain in height. Because then I'd know for certain that I'm at 5'8" now. The only thing I wonder for myself is that, since I corrected my bowlegs (which were mild to moderate before LL), if that maybe "cancelled out" any loss the femur angles would result in (if that makes any sense).

I understand your points. And agree with the bolded parts.

I used to fret over the 0.5 mm I got from glucosamine. It is clinically measurable. But I think any gain below 5 mm, is not really measurable (let alone noticeable). Due to our spinal fluctuations, any gain less than 5 mm is subject to measurement error.

I think you should take some codeine and slowly taper that off to zero. Take it when you feel kinda anxious and notice how it makes you feel better about your situation. Or just take it when you are in pain.

All this narcotic crap f-es up your mind.

If you want a proper measurement, see an orthopaedic in your home country and evaluate the options. Either standing x-rays or CT scans and stadiometer measurement. At least it puts your mind at eaese

YellowSpike

« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2015, 11:14:05 PM »

I understand your points. And agree with the bolded parts.

I used to fret over the 0.5 mm I got from glucosamine. It is clinically measurable. But I think any gain below 5 mm, is not really measurable (let alone noticeable). Due to our spinal fluctuations, any gain less than 5 mm is subject to measurement error.

I think you should take some codeine and slowly taper that off to zero. Take it when you feel kinda anxious and notice how it makes you feel better about your situation. Or just take it when you are in pain.

All this narcotic crap f-es up your mind.

If you want a proper measurement, see an orthopaedic in your home country and evaluate the options. Either standing x-rays or CT scans and stadiometer measurement. At least it puts your mind at eaese

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate your points and advice.

I think what's really bugged me is the new info about femur angles taking away some of what you actually gain. I thought I was finally at the finish line to my goal, but gaining that new information upset me and makd me wonder if I should continue on a bit.

At this point, I'm leaning towards going to 6.85cm...10mm is essentially nothing, but I'm just bargaining with myself and trying to get as close to 7cm as possible. Even those 25mm (the difference between where I'm at now and 7cm) isn't noticeable, I figured I'd split it down the middle, and then see how I feel. I could get there in 2-3 days no problem.

I think I'll take some co-codamol with codeine, do some biking, and then sleep on it, lol

ItsMyLife

« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2015, 11:24:21 PM »

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate your points and advice.

I think what's really bugged me is the new info about femur angles taking away some of what you actually gain. I thought I was finally at the finish line to my goal, but gaining that new information upset me and makd me wonder if I should continue on a bit.

At this point, I'm leaning towards going to 6.85cm...10mm is essentially nothing, but I'm just bargaining with myself and trying to get as close to 7cm as possible. Even those 25mm (the difference between where I'm at now and 7cm) isn't noticeable, I figured I'd split it down the middle, and then see how I feel. I could get there in 2-3 days no problem.

I think I'll take some co-codamol with codeine, do some biking, and then sleep on it, lol

you know, if I were you, I was worried about you losing 2 cm or so, as Sweden did. That crap is scary. But you should read diaries to see how common it is and get Guichet's confirmation that 2 cm loss is not likely or doesn't happen in his hands.

You said 10 mm. That's wrong. 10 mm is 1 cm. You meant 1 mm. Also, 6.85 cm vs 7 cm is only 2.5 mm and not 25 mm (25 mm = 2.5 cm).

All your feelings are probably due to:
1. As someone suggested here, you are going to (instead of being in flux) have a FIXED height soon.
2. The femur angle and bone compression discussions
3. The uncertainty of measurements (even if there is no femur or compression loss)
4. Your parent not feeling well, starting work soon = environmental factors
5. stopping or reducing your exercise (note: exercise =feel good hormones)
6. withdrawals
7. All this discussion you see about height here, all the distorted minds influencing each other.

Its just a confluence of factors making you feel like crap right now.

When I cold-turkey off Lyrica from ~200 mg to 0 mg, I got anxiety, so anxious it felt like the end of the world, and had physical symptoms too. But I always knew for a fact:
1. I can seek help/treatment.  I mean I can do nailing, or seek psychiatric care/counselling.
2. There is light at the end of the tunnel (I just need to slowly taper the insane amount of Lyrica which was prescribed to me)
3. I will be fine, it is just a temporary situation

Just know that hope never dies ,and at the end of this you will be fine,.

YellowSpike

« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2015, 11:36:23 PM »

you know, if I were you, I was worried about you losing 2 cm or so, as Sweden did. That crap is scary. But you should read diaries to see how common it is and get Guichet's confirmation that 2 cm loss is not likely or doesn't happen in his hands.

You said 10 mm. That's wrong. 10 mm is 1 cm. You meant 1 mm. Also, 6.85 cm vs 7 cm is only 2.5 mm and not 25 mm (25 mm = 2.5 cm).

All your feelings are probably due to:
1. As someone suggested here, you are going to (instead of being in flux) have a FIXED height soon.
2. The femur angle and bone compression discussions
3. The uncertainty of measurements (even if there is no femur or compression loss)
4. Your parent not feeling well, starting work soon = environmental factors
5. stopping or reducing your exercise (note: exercise =feel good hormones)
6. withdrawals
7. All this discussion you see about height here, all the distorted minds influencing each other.

Its just a confluence of factors making you feel like crap right now.

When I cold-turkey off Lyrica from ~200 mg to 0 mg, I got anxiety, so anxious it felt like the end of the world, and had physical symptoms too. But I always knew for a fact:
1. I can seek help/treatment.  I mean I can do nailing, or seek psychiatric care/counselling.
2. There is light at the end of the tunnel (I just need to slowly taper the insane amount of Lyrica which was prescribed to me)
3. I will be fine, it is just a temporary situation

Just know that hope never dies ,and at the end of this you will be fine,.

Fantastic post. I think you hit it on the nose. Thank you very much man.

Regardless...I just want to someday soon be at peace with my height. That's all I want now.

All Dr G said to me is that some patients lose 2mm due to compression, but he also said after 6cm, you don't lose anything. I don't know why, but that's what he said.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2015, 11:49:22 PM »

I heard my doctor say something like 3 mm or so (for tibia, regarding compression after taking off frames). So I guess its not that much. Don't worry about it. I think for you it is less, cos' you have a rod inside.

Also just to correct myself, 6.85 vs 7 cm is a difference of 0.15 cm, or 1.5 mm, that's insanely small (look at a ruler to see how small it is, it is tinier than an ant!)

Wish you all the best of luck, buddy! Hope to see you moving on in life (as I will, too). I am just really really bored mentally now. Trying to keep myself occupied. No pain, good sleep, but... the mental aspect, is quite tiring... it has taken a toll on both of us, I am sure.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32   Go Up