Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352764 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »

I don't think a 1mm will do ANY difference. Weighing the pros vs cons, I would not do that. Even if I have an NBA career, and will reach 6' at the end.

Six feet and six feet minus 1 mm is nothing. The same goes for 5'8 and 5'8 minus 1mm. I am cleared by my Dr to go for six feet but I think I will wanna stop a few mm shy of it. This process is just too long.

EVEN IF dr guichet says you wont fracture, X-rays are known not to be the most accurate things in the world (depends on contrast, exposure time, angulation, etc)

Yeah you're probably right. I'm most likely not going to do more, even if he says it won't risk fracture. I listened to my body, it was really painful towards the end. I still have pain now, and I haven't clicked in a week and a half (though it's steadily improving). Given the fact that I was measured at just over 5'8" at night (still with my duckass), I'm pretty sure I got my goal. Dr. G says the Gnail ends up giving you a bit more height than what you click...so I probably did make it to 7cm+. Just hoping I don't lose any with compression. Anyway, no sense in getting caught up in the numbers game when it wont make a difference.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »

medically, anything Is possible.
even if you click an extra 1 mm, and lose 5 mm due to compression, it makes no difference (dr guichet says unlikely cause it has rarely happened or in theory will not happen, there is still that risk)
1mm is...... thinner than the length of a small ant.
medically everything is a percentage risk. so nothing is impossible in medicine.
so many people died after a nail was inserted into femur (the critical care cases)

YellowSpike

« Reply #343 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:43 PM »

medically, anything Is possible.
even if you click an extra 1 mm, and lose 5 mm due to compression, it makes no difference (dr guichet says unlikely cause it has rarely happened or in theory will not happen, there is still that risk)
1mm is...... thinner than the length of a small ant.
medically everything is a percentage risk. so nothing is impossible in medicine.
so many people died after a nail was inserted into femur (the critical care cases)

Dr. G said at most the nail might lose 2mm due to compression. And I still have to account for the fact that my duckass is hiding some height.

I've never heard of cases of people dying from internal femurs...that's scary if it's true.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #344 on: March 12, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »

Dr. G said at most the nail might lose 2mm due to compression. And I still have to account for the fact that my duckass is hiding some height.

I've never heard of cases of people dying from internal femurs...that's scary if it's true.

Yup but nothing is fixed in stone. theres even a risk the device fails, and you thought you clicked 1 mm but you did not. So.....I think, just forget it and focus on healing lol.

in intensive care medicine, doctors are taught to stabilise trauma victims with external fixators and ONLY when their condition is stable, then they undergo nailing. the reason for this is embolism and I think dr monegal has said about embolism risk. it is  rare, but it is there.... dr paley actually reduces IM pressure by venting the marrow.

YellowSpike

« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »

Yup but nothing is fixed in stone. theres even a risk the device fails, and you thought you clicked 1 mm but you did not. So.....I think, just forget it and focus on healing lol.

in intensive care medicine, doctors are taught to stabilise trauma victims with external fixators and ONLY when their condition is stable, then they undergo nailing. the reason for this is embolism and I think dr monegal has said about embolism risk. it is  rare, but it is there.... dr paley actually reduces IM pressure by venting the marrow.

Well, I believe that's more the case with electronic nails (Precice, Fitbone). While ratcheting devices are more painful for soft tissue (I know from first-hand experience), my understanding is that the clicks are pretty accurate. The only way will be for me to heal, fix my duckass, and then get measured. LOL.

Yea I was aware of embolism risk before I did LL...scary stuff!

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2015, 08:16:18 PM »

I don't like the idea of reaming my bones. I like the idea of them being strong and solid with minimal trauma. that is in part why im doing externals.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

kare69

• Visitor
« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »

YellowStone what is the tallest length you have seen anyone in Dr g's care go up to?

Do you know if they have any lasting pain or regret the procedure?

How many cm LL is safe according to Dr. G?

YellowSpike

« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »

YellowStone what is the tallest length you have seen anyone in Dr g's care go up to?

Do you know if they have any lasting pain or regret the procedure?

How many cm LL is safe according to Dr. G?

I met one patient who somehow managed to do 9cm in one surgery!!! But I think that's a very rare case. He seemed to be doing well with walking and everything, but I didn't talk to him much about any pain he may have or if he regretted it. The average Dr. G patient I believe gets like 6.5-6.7cm or something (based on true height gain observed from nail removal). So I did a little more than that.

I personally think anything over 7cm in femurs (less for tibias) is really pushing it in terms of recovery, though.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:51:41 PM by YellowSpike »

ItsMyLife

« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »

I met one patient who somehow managed to do 9cm in one surgery!!! But I think that's a very rare case. He seemed to be doing well with walking and everything, but I didn't talk to him much about any pain he may have or if he regretted it. The average Dr. G patient I believe gets like 6.5-6.7cm or something (based on true height gain observed from nail removal). So I did a little more than that.

I personally think anything over 7cm in femurs (less for tibias) is really pushing it in terms of recovery, though.

A lot depends on how the pt is dealing with the lengthening, and the initial bone length.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2015, 02:33:33 PM »

Did you get your bones reamed?

YellowSpike

« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2015, 05:13:28 PM »

Did you get your bones reamed?

To be honest, I'm really not sure. I know when I was looking to do this with Precice 2, I was told I could get the larger rods put in no problem, which I believe means that my bones were big enough that I didn't need to get reamed. LOL I always have been "big boned" .... its why I weigh more than I look.

YellowSpike

« Reply #352 on: March 13, 2015, 10:57:38 PM »

Just took a few steps around my apartment, unassisted. Felt extremely weird. I felt like I was using my arms to propel and balance myself. I must've looked like a cross between Chris Farley and a duck wading water...except I'm not a duck, and there was no water to speak of. Whatever...baby steps, right? Though I can totally see how walking will fix my duckass and hopefully give me some resemblance of my formerly great ass again.

Still waiting to hear from the good doctor about my flexibility pictures and latest x-rays and if I can (safely!) sneak in a few more clicks or not.

Time4LL

« Reply #353 on: March 14, 2015, 03:30:06 AM »

I just started walking a few weeks ago and it does feel extremely weird at first. I seriously could hardly even walk. My legs felt like they were cement. It is amazing how quickly though you regain the ability to walk. For me walking was and is the best PT. I walk really good around my apartment not so much if it is long distances.

Great to hear that you are taking those first baby steps. Psychologically they were the hardest for me because I was afraid something bad would happen.

bluebarbie

« Reply #354 on: March 14, 2015, 05:09:23 AM »

Great to hear that u have started ur first steps unaided. :) keep it up.
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »

To be honest, I'm really not sure. I know when I was looking to do this with Precice 2, I was told I could get the larger rods put in no problem, which I believe means that my bones were big enough that I didn't need to get reamed. LOL I always have been "big boned" .... its why I weigh more than I look.

I think you need to ask your surgeon ..As it may take longer to recover :-)

Uppland

« Reply #356 on: March 14, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »

Just took a few steps around my apartment, unassisted. Felt extremely weird. I felt like I was using my arms to propel and balance myself. I must've looked like a cross between Chris Farley and a duck wading water...except I'm not a duck, and there was no water to speak of. Whatever...baby steps, right? Though I can totally see how walking will fix my duckass and hopefully give me some resemblance of my formerly great ass again.

Still waiting to hear from the good doctor about my flexibility pictures and latest x-rays and if I can (safely!) sneak in a few more clicks or not.

There you go, you'll be running and jumping in a few months mate.

Kafka

• Visitor
« Reply #357 on: March 15, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »

Hey Yellowspike!

Nice to hear about the walking progress! Guichet seems to be a top choice, I am seriously considering him now!

Just read your diary for the last couple of hours ... the only thing that worried me a bit were when you wrote some I regret LL or wish I would have never found out about LL like comments (cannot remember your exact phrasing though)  ...

From your perspective as of today, is this the case ? Do you regret LL (I suppose not, since you seem quite happy with your gain judging from your last posts) ? I can imagine that during phases of extreme accute pain one might have feelings of regret sometimes, but think that after the worst is over most people would say they would have decided again in favour of LL ...

All the best for your further recovery, I am sure you will be recovering much faster, now having stopped clicking and increased Walking!! The diary was really helpful and truly an inspiration!

Best whishes

ItsMyLife

« Reply #358 on: March 15, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »

Hey Yellowspike!

Nice to hear about the walking progress! Guichet seems to be a top choice, I am seriously considering him now!

Just read your diary for the last couple of hours ... the only thing that worried me a bit were when you wrote some I regret LL or wish I would have never found out about LL like comments (cannot remember your exact phrasing though)  ...

From your perspective as of today, is this the case ? Do you regret LL (I suppose not, since you seem quite happy with your gain judging from your last posts) ? I can imagine that during phases of extreme accute pain one might have feelings of regret sometimes, but think that after the worst is over most people would say they would have decided again in favour of LL ...

All the best for your further recovery, I am sure you will be recovering much faster, now having stopped clicking and increased Walking!! The diary was really helpful and truly an inspiration!

Best whishes

hes still in crutches so I guess he will not be able to make a sound assessment at this stage.
but for me, even when I am lying in bed now, I feel good and wont regret it. (unless I lose my abilities to walk)
I am fine with losing all athletic abilities but that would be a crush.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #359 on: March 15, 2015, 09:42:05 PM »

You'll get your ass back. Muscle memory is a very real training phenomenon.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #360 on: March 16, 2015, 12:25:51 AM »

You'll get your ass back. Muscle memory is a very real training phenomenon.

Haha. I hope so bro! I honestly will not have sex with a woman until I'm at least in decent shape again and have my ass back at least somewhat. That was one of my best features with women. I also wanna get my ab definition back and at least be back to the gym for a few weeks before really starting to date around again.

As far as the question "has it been worth it?" Like ItsHisLife (waves at Bon Jovi and No Doubt) said...I'm still on crutches, so without being able to live my life with a sense of normalcy (at least, not just yet), it's a bit hard to say. But if I had to answer the question now, in a word, yes...it has been worth it. The few times I regretted it, well, I was probably in a lot of pain. LL is a very difficult and painful process. It's probably one of the hardest things (or the hardest) that we will ever go through in life. And sometimes I wondered why I had done this to myself. But then I remembered how much I wanted it, how it was all I thought about, how I hated being shorter than most women in their heels...it sucked. I had to do it. I knew I'd never be tall, but my life was good before LL, because I have other things going for me. I just wanted to be tall enough so that I'm at least taller than most women (and a decent amount of women in their heels, such as the 5'4" and under crowd, which there are plenty of).

Today, I saw my best friend for the first time. I think he's a little over 5'8", and I know he's never had an issue with his height or with getting girls (though he's married now). Well, in my Nike Airs, i'm taller than him, and when I took them off (he kept his shoes on), we were the same size almost on the dot. It's not like he towered over me in the past, but I definitely felt shorter than him before LL. He kept saying that I look great and a lot taller. And then I got hit on by two cute girls...got the cuter one's number. If I only I wasn't still semi-crippled...YS needs some lovin!  ;)

Blackhawk

« Reply #361 on: March 16, 2015, 04:54:41 AM »

Haha. I hope so bro! I honestly will not have sex with a woman until I'm at least in decent shape again and have my ass back at least somewhat. That was one of my best features with women. I also wanna get my ab definition back and at least be back to the gym for a few weeks before really starting to date around again.

As far as the question "has it been worth it?" Like ItsHisLife (waves at Bon Jovi and No Doubt) said...I'm still on crutches, so without being able to live my life with a sense of normalcy (at least, not just yet), it's a bit hard to say. But if I had to answer the question now, in a word, yes...it has been worth it. The few times I regretted it, well, I was probably in a lot of pain. LL is a very difficult and painful process. It's probably one of the hardest things (or the hardest) that we will ever go through in life. And sometimes I wondered why I had done this to myself. But then I remembered how much I wanted it, how it was all I thought about, how I hated being shorter than most women in their heels...it sucked. I had to do it. I knew I'd never be tall, but my life was good before LL, because I have other things going for me. I just wanted to be tall enough so that I'm at least taller than most women (and a decent amount of women in their heels, such as the 5'4" and under crowd, which there are plenty of).

Today, I saw my best friend for the first time. I think he's a little over 5'8", and I know he's never had an issue with his height or with getting girls (though he's married now). Well, in my Nike Airs, i'm taller than him, and when I took them off (he kept his shoes on), we were the same size almost on the dot. It's not like he towered over me in the past, but I definitely felt shorter than him before LL. He kept saying that I look great and a lot taller. And then I got hit on by two cute girls...got the cuter one's number. If I only I wasn't still semi-crippled...YS needs some lovin!  ;)

It's awesome to read stuff like this YS!  You'll be back in good shape in the next few months and all of this will be a distant memory.  Congrats bro!!

Joel

« Reply #362 on: March 16, 2015, 04:56:25 AM »

Can you do squats and dead lifts yet?  Or bench?  Hard to stay in shape without those lol
5'5 manlet of peace

YellowSpike

« Reply #363 on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:39 PM »

It's awesome to read stuff like this YS!  You'll be back in good shape in the next few months and all of this will be a distant memory.  Congrats bro!!

Thanks bro! Looking forward to getting back to my normal life and enjoying my new height! Just gotta work more on the walking and fix this duckass!

I still think it's funny how my best friend insists that he never knew my height bothered me that much and he didn't consider me as that short...

Can you do squats and dead lifts yet?  Or bench?  Hard to stay in shape without those lol

Joel you're a funny dude. LOL I'm nowhere near these, those are a few months away man lol. Although I really do miss working out...

sadboy

« Reply #364 on: March 16, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »

What do you mean have your ass back? Did it become flat or something?!?

YellowSpike

« Reply #365 on: March 16, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »

What do you mean have your ass back? Did it become flat or something?!?

I'm going to post some more pictures of my duckass soon. What I mean is that I my ass is much flatter than it used to be.

sadboy

« Reply #366 on: March 16, 2015, 02:39:03 PM »

I'm going to post some more pictures of my duckass soon. What I mean is that I my ass is much flatter than it used to be.

Oh no, that is what I feared to hear. I get so many compliments for my ass, I don't want to lose one of my favourite assets (no pun intended). Does this happen to everyone?
I hope you can get it back.

YellowSpike

« Reply #367 on: March 16, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »

Oh no, that is what I feared to hear. I get so many compliments for my ass, I don't want to lose one of my favourite assets (no pun intended). Does this happen to everyone?
I hope you can get it back.

My ass was always naturally bubbly...so I'm pretty confident I'll get it back. I'll just have to work at it, which I most certainly will.
Pics to follow soon...

YellowSpike

« Reply #368 on: March 16, 2015, 03:22:28 PM »

I feel like my duckass looks worse in person. Hoping I gain a bit of height from correcting it. Even .5-1cm would make me very happy.
Also not a fan how my pelvis being tilted so forward makes me look like I have a belly.

« Reply #369 on: March 16, 2015, 06:18:25 PM »

Give it time.. Your back and duck ass will ... Get better . Panda..

sadboy

« Reply #370 on: March 16, 2015, 06:57:44 PM »

I feel like my duckass looks worse in person. Hoping I gain a bit of height from correcting it. Even .5-1cm would make me very happy.
Also not a fan how my pelvis being tilted so forward makes me look like I have a belly.

Dude, your duckass doesn't look that bad as you think it does. Same goes with your pelvis. Either way, when do you think you will be able to start working out again and regain your legs and ass?

YellowSpike

« Reply #371 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:47 PM »

Have been trying to walk unaided more today. Still look like an inebriated penguin, but it's slightly improving. Gotta start somewhere, right?

Has anyone ever experienced knee bending from doing internal femurs? When I stand up straight, my right knee bends just very slightly. I can of course manually correct this, but then it's a bit tight/slightly painful. I'm wondering if I just need to stretch my quads/hamstrings more.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Up