Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 353567 times)

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor
Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #372 on: March 17, 2015, 12:37:42 AM »

Hey man ,
if you will go to swim daily I'm 100% sure it will get fixed very fast give it a try!
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

YellowSpike

« Reply #373 on: March 17, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »

Hey man ,
if you will go to swim daily I'm 100% sure it will get fixed very fast give it a try!

Thanks for the tip, I just might try that!

By the way, cool signature. If memory serves, Programdude mentioned that quote in his diary as well.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2015, 01:23:38 PM »

You have a nice ass! It must have been nicer.
Did you gain weight around your torso?
I gained some. (used to have six packs that were more defined)

YellowSpike

« Reply #375 on: March 17, 2015, 01:43:38 PM »

Walking is kinda painful. Today I have pain in various areas of both of my legs, but nothing too bad. Just gotta truck through it. My walking is terrible, but I've only just begun, so I know it'll get better. I have to force myself to do it because I need to weight-bear to help my legs heal faster.

My only two issues that kinda concern me (just a bit) at the moment are:
1. Right knee bending slightly when I stand up straight with legs closed (though I can manually fix this, and stretching my quads and hamstrings seems to help it a bit). Also have a bit of pain in my right groin area.
2. Bad pain in my lower left leg (calf/shin area) when I bend this leg inwards while keeping my foot still as if to click (I sometimes experience this when I turn in my sleep at night)

Has anyone ever experienced these, and if so, how might I go about correcting them?

Kafka

• Visitor
« Reply #376 on: March 17, 2015, 06:21:56 PM »

As far as the question "has it been worth it?" Like ItsHisLife (waves at Bon Jovi and No Doubt) said...I'm still on crutches, so without being able to live my life with a sense of normalcy (at least, not just yet), it's a bit hard to say. But if I had to answer the question now, in a word, yes...it has been worth it.
Today, I saw my best friend for the first time. I think he's a little over 5'8", and I know he's never had an issue with his height or with getting girls (though he's married now). Well, in my Nike Airs, i'm taller than him, and when I took them off (he kept his shoes on), we were the same size almost on the dot. It's not like he towered over me in the past, but I definitely felt shorter than him before LL. He kept saying that I look great and a lot taller. And then I got hit on by two cute girls...got the cuter one's number. If I only I wasn't still semi-crippled...YS needs some lovin!  ;)

Nice to read this and thanks for the answer!! What about your friend, did you tell him about your surgery or did he just notice and thought he had been mistaken about your height all the time ?

YellowSpike

« Reply #377 on: March 17, 2015, 06:45:08 PM »

Nice to read this and thanks for the answer!! What about your friend, did you tell him about your surgery or did he just notice and thought he had been mistaken about your height all the time ?

Haha nah he knew. He never towered over me in the past, but this time we were eye level when I took of my sneakers, and I think I was a bit taller with my sneakers on. He did say that I was very noticeably taller when he first saw me "walking" to his car when he picked me up.

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor
« Reply #378 on: March 18, 2015, 01:27:45 AM »

Thanks for the tip, I just might try that!

By the way, cool signature. If memory serves, Programdude mentioned that quote in his diary as well.

correct , this quote it taken from this movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369339/
anyway I wish your legs will recover and you will go back to your normal life like before man.
by your picture your posture is very bad , but I guess it happens to all the people who do this surgery . try to hang on a bar it can improve it as well!!
http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/cms/uploads/1/hang-leg-raise.jpg

btw your doctor is doing follow ups with you or thats it?
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

YellowSpike

« Reply #379 on: March 18, 2015, 01:59:06 AM »

correct , this quote it taken from this movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369339/
anyway I wish your legs will recover and you will go back to your normal life like before man.
by your picture your posture is very bad , but I guess it happens to all the people who do this surgery . try to hang on a bar it can improve it as well!!
http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/cms/uploads/1/hang-leg-raise.jpg

btw your doctor is doing follow ups with you or thats it?

yeah I still have pretty significant duckass. I need to actively work on it more, but I've admittedly been lazy. I've been trying to walk a little more around my apartment without crutches each day. My walking looks terrible so far  :-\ ...gotta keep trying I guess. And yes, I'm in regular contact with Dr. Guichet.

Goldeye20

• Visitor
« Reply #380 on: March 18, 2015, 04:41:40 AM »

My opinion is that u were so exited at the beginning and did a month pre operation exercises

But now u just get bored and u don't have the motivation that makes u walk more without aid and swimming more

I know what u have been through was so difficult and painful

But now just have to steps to finish it and enjoy ur new height for lifetime

And remember . No pain . No gain

At the moment I have question if u don't mind

In the website for dr.guichet wrote the cost of operation is around 45 000 euro

When I emailed him about he told me is 64 000 the operation with 2 month isokentc

So what is the realy cost and I know u get bored from this question but am confused

Thanx

And please be yellowspike and walk today more and more and be a tough guy
Don't be a pink spike
This video for guy after less than 2 month postoperative

https://m.

So cut the crap and stand and walk for one hour today

ReadRothbard

« Reply #381 on: March 18, 2015, 05:40:46 AM »

My opinion is that u were so exited at the beginning and did a month pre operation exercises

But now u just get bored and u don't have the motivation that makes u walk more without aid and swimming more

I know what u have been through was so difficult and painful

But now just have to steps to finish it and enjoy ur new height for lifetime

And remember . No pain . No gain

At the moment I have question if u don't mind

In the website for dr.guichet wrote the cost of operation is around 45 000 euro

When I emailed him about he told me is 64 000 the operation with 2 month isokentc

So what is the realy cost and I know u get bored from this question but am confused

Thanx

And please be yellowspike and walk today more and more and be a tough guy
Don't be a pink spike
This video for guy after less than 2 month postoperative

https://m.

So cut the crap and stand and walk for one hour today

Perhaps 64,000 euro is net estimated cost including accommodations, food, surgery, ISO center, etc.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #382 on: March 18, 2015, 06:13:34 AM »

Perhaps 64,000 euro is net estimated cost including accommodations, food, surgery, ISO center, etc.
If it is all estimating cost ,This is still value for money , :not expensive

YellowSpike

« Reply #383 on: March 18, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »

Appreciate the tough love goldeye...trust me, I have been trying to walk as much as I can. It's hard for me now, but I know it'll get better.

YellowSpike

« Reply #384 on: March 18, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »

Had to see doctor for a checkup today (haven't had one since before the surgery), this was the last week they'd waive my co-pay, so I just went in. All is well (except for the pain in my left leg - duh). The doctor's assistant measured me at a tad over 5'8" (after having been awake and sitting near my computer working for 6 hours), and the doctor measured me at 5'8.5". I then used the machine to measure myself, and I got 5'8.5" first, then a bit over 5'8" when I pushed it down more. And the doctor noticed my posture was bad (the duckass), so I'm feeling pretty good about my gain right now (fingers crossed for .5cm from the duckass improvement).

My weight was mostly the same. I'm not sure how much the Gnails weigh (the London doctor said they weigh a good amount, I can't remember though)...but with them in, I'm 164lbs, which was around what I was before the surgery (without the rods). So maybe I'm in the mid/high 150s? I don't know.. All my vitals were good, so that's a relief. Just need to take the recovery "bull" by the horns!  8)

Do any internal femur vets have any advice as far as not looking like a drunk penguin when you walk? I'm assuming it'll just be like that for a while.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:43:52 PM by YellowSpike »

Uppland

« Reply #385 on: March 18, 2015, 11:08:47 PM »

When your duckass is gone you might never shrink below 173CM, that's pretty nice.

What does it feel like to häve longer legs and femurs, is it very strange?

YellowSpike

« Reply #386 on: March 18, 2015, 11:17:31 PM »

When your duckass is gone you might never shrink below 173CM, that's pretty nice.

What does it feel like to häve longer legs and femurs, is it very strange?

Hope so Uppland! My dad has measured me (I think very accurately) a bunch of times, and I keep coming in between just over 5'8" and 5'8.25" (though I think it's closer to 5'8", which is fine). Today at the doctor I received about the same results. I'm not expecting a lot from fixing the duckass, but even a small boost (like .5cm) would be very welcome. All of these measurements have been taking in the evening and/or late afternoon for sake of being conservative.

Well, I've noticed two things. Since I was very short before the surgery, I would always buy sweaters/jackets etc. in either medium or small so I wouldn't be swimming in them. Now, some of my sweaters and one jacket in particular looks a bit small on me (because my legs are longer). My femurs look very long when I look in the mirror, but that's because they're also a lot thinner right now. Proportion-wise, i would not give any of this a second thought, and I don't think anyone would ever notice.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #387 on: March 18, 2015, 11:49:04 PM »

Hope so Uppland! My dad has measured me (I think very accurately) a bunch of times, and I keep coming in between just over 5'8" and 5'8.25" (though I think it's closer to 5'8", which is fine). Today at the doctor I received about the same results. I'm not expecting a lot from fixing the duckass, but even a small boost (like .5cm) would be very welcome. All of these measurements have been taking in the evening and/or late afternoon for sake of being conservative.

Well, I've noticed two things. Since I was very short before the surgery, I would always buy sweaters/jackets etc. in either medium or small so I wouldn't be swimming in them. Now, some of my sweaters and one jacket in particular looks a bit small on me (because my legs are longer). My femurs look very long when I look in the mirror, but that's because they're also a lot thinner right now. Proportion-wise, i would not give any of this a second thought, and I don't think anyone would ever notice.

What is your morning height, btw? Mine is about 171 cm.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #388 on: March 19, 2015, 01:04:15 AM »

I'm sure you look great and thanks for the reply, you certainly deserve all good things considering what you went through, but what I was wondering was more of how it actually feels.

Maybe it's hard to describe, but I'm just so curious about how one moves with longer femurs, what's different when you do everyday things like climbing stairs or stepping over things?
You might not be moving that much as your still recovering but OBG didn't answer so I thought I'd ask.

YellowSpike

« Reply #389 on: March 19, 2015, 01:18:24 AM »

To be honest, I really don't know. I always used the evening height, since it's more conservative. I just know that another LL surgeon I was looking into measured me at like 167, but that was in the morning like 8:30/9am (though I was awake for like over 2 hours at that point...lol).

I'm sure you look great and thanks for the reply, you certainly deserve all good things considering what you went through, but what I was wondering was more of how it actually feels.

Maybe it's hard to describe, but I'm just so curious about how one moves with longer femurs, what's different when you do everyday things like climbing stairs or stepping over things?
You might not be moving that much as your still recovering but OBG didn't answer so I thought I'd ask.

Yeah I know what you mean now. It's hard for me to describe at this point because I'm still on crutches. I'm trying to walk around my apartment a little each day (and plan to kick it up a notch this weekend at the race track near where I live), but it's hard. It's a bit painful, and my form/balance isn't that great. I think at this point it's mostly fear on my end. I know one of the great things about weight-bearing nails is that you can walk before the bones are fused, but it's just scary as hell to me. I'm trying my hardest to get over it and just do it.

Joel

« Reply #390 on: March 19, 2015, 01:47:41 AM »

How many cm gain was this 7.5 - 8.5??
what's your wingspan 170?
5'5 manlet of peace

YellowSpike

« Reply #391 on: March 19, 2015, 01:57:46 AM »

How many cm gain was this 7.5 - 8.5??
what's your wingspan 170?

I started at around 166 and I'm now about 173 - so about 7cm. I don't know my wingspan, but I know my wingspan was definitely larger than my starting height. I never cared (and still don't) much about proportions. I think my proportions look great, and will be even better once I get some meat back on my legs.

YellowSpike

« Reply #392 on: March 19, 2015, 11:59:34 AM »

I just attempted to measure myself now, just outta bed. I think it was like somewhere between 5'8.5" and 5'8.75". So it makes sense that I could be a tad over 5'8" in the evening. Hope the duckass gives me a boost, but I'm not expecting more than .5cm.

Joel

« Reply #393 on: March 19, 2015, 10:51:28 PM »

I just attempted to measure myself now, just outta bed. I think it was like somewhere between 5'8.5" and 5'8.75". So it makes sense that I could be a tad over 5'8" in the evening. Hope the duckass gives me a boost, but I'm not expecting more than .5cm.
PICS >:(
5'5 manlet of peace

Uppland

« Reply #394 on: March 19, 2015, 10:53:16 PM »

YellowSpike

« Reply #395 on: March 19, 2015, 11:01:07 PM »

I love how the misc taking over this forum, slowly but surely.

I already showed pics of my duckass, Joel. What do you want to see pics of now? I figured I'd wait until I fixed the duckss to do proportions and stuff.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #396 on: March 19, 2015, 11:25:05 PM »

I already showed pics of my duckass, Joel. What do you want to see pics of now? I figured I'd wait until I fixed the duckss to do proportions and stuff.
maybe he wants to see more your sexy pictures. ;D

NewHeights

« Reply #397 on: March 19, 2015, 11:40:16 PM »

Yellow, after seeing your duckass pics, I think I too have it, and I didn't even do the surgery. I noticed one day in a photo that my ass seemed to be sticking out like yours and my lumber spine is a bir curved.

I think I have it naturally from a muscular imbalance. Anyone know exercises I can do to correct this?
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

YellowSpike

« Reply #398 on: March 19, 2015, 11:43:45 PM »

In order to fix it, you have to stretch the iliopsoas (spelling? why is this not in my Apple dictionary?), and I think you need to strengthen your abs and glutes. My abs aren't particularly weak, but they could use a bit more work I'd say. And my ass/glutes are totally destroyed at the moment. Dr. G said that my duckass would go away on its own after I've been walking for a while, but I"m going to work on strengthening my glutes more.

Joel

« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2015, 07:04:51 AM »

like standing up in a mirror like the annoying people take at the gym haha.  Just wondering I bet you look great!
5'5 manlet of peace

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #400 on: March 20, 2015, 10:53:33 PM »

Wow that's good you're getting out of crutches! Nice. All my well wishes your way!

YellowSpike

« Reply #401 on: March 21, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »

Wow that's good you're getting out of crutches! Nice. All my well wishes your way!

Meh, I still have a ways to go. I'm focusing the next few days more on side leg lifts and glute bridges to strengthen my adductors and glutes to walk a little better.

On another note, I had my first female encounter post-LL last night. She approached me last week when I saw my friend. It was...interesting. Nice actually feeling decently taller than a 5'4"/5'5" girl. I let her do most of the work. It was a little better than I thought.  8)

Uppland

« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »

Yellowspike how is your recovery coming along, any improvment?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32   Go Up