Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352889 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #403 on: March 24, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »

I'm waiting to hear back on the possibility of clicking a little more (I'm getting new x-rays tomorrow or the day after). Everyone has said not to count on the duckass, and I feel like I cut it too close to what I wanted, and thus I'm not happy at the moment. I only stopped because my left leg had a TON of pain towards the end of clicking, it was almost unbearable. I would have continued if it weren't for that, so I decided to at least give me a body a break, at the time.

Recovery's going, but my ambivalence on clicking further or not has made me not be as committed as I need to be. This is my own fault, I know, and I will work on it. I actually think being on here (as much as I like most of the people on here) as much as I have has made me feel worse about it.

Uppland

« Reply #404 on: March 24, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »

Mate, listen to me: don't do it. Quit the clicking you already made it to 173CM+ territory and like we've all learned the last days -with this surgery we better not take any chances.

The pain was a sign that something is wrong inside your leg, don't hurt yourself forever just because of a few mm, alright?

Promise me damn it, and get on that recovery ASAP.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #405 on: March 24, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »

I'm waiting to hear back on the possibility of clicking a little more (I'm getting new x-rays tomorrow or the day after). Everyone has said not to count on the duckass, and I feel like I cut it too close to what I wanted, and thus I'm not happy at the moment. I only stopped because my left leg had a TON of pain towards the end of clicking, it was almost unbearable. I would have continued if it weren't for that, so I decided to at least give me a body a break, at the time.

Recovery's going, but my ambivalence on clicking further or not has made me not be as committed as I need to be. This is my own fault, I know, and I will work on it. I actually think being on here (as much as I like most of the people on here) as much as I have has made me feel worse about it.
Please trust many diaries before your
Now you nearly to exceed safety limit that can make you from good recovery to bad recovery

YellowSpike

« Reply #406 on: March 24, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »

Uppland and goodluck - I really appreciate both of your encouraging words. Thank you both.

I'm very uneasy about stopping now because my evening height seems to be right at 5'8" on the dot (most results have come in slightly above in the evening, one or two a pinch below). For me, it's just the principle of the matter. I know I'm getting caught up in the numbers game. I'm just not young and rich like a lot of you guys, so I don't have the luxury of just saying "well, I can do a second LL in a few years." At my age, I'm looking at career advancement, possibly getting married in the future, etc., so a second LL would be nearly impossible for me to swing (and by that time, not as worth it). I actually can afford a second LL right now with even Paley or Guichet again, but then I'd be pretty much cleaned out of my cash savings (which I will not do).

I'm getting x-rays taken tomorrow or Thursday, I'll see what's what. If it won't risk fracture per the doctor, maybe I'll suck up the pain just a little longer. I just don't want to be even a bit below 5'8", I've worked too hard and have sacrificed too much to not have reached my goal. I was trying to count on the duckass, but people have warned that I would be lucky even to get .5cm, so I'm not really counting on anything. So many on here are very lucky to start with a height of 5'7"/5'8" and then go on to do LL...this may be my last shot to get taller, and 5'8" is still borderline as it is.

Uppland

« Reply #407 on: March 24, 2015, 05:29:34 PM »

I think you're making a mistake but goodspeed if you're going for it

YellowSpike

« Reply #408 on: March 24, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

I think you're making a mistake but goodspeed if you're going for it

I haven't decided one way or another yet. I have to see what the x-rays look like first, and then talk to my doctor. The point may be moot, I may not even be able to click anymore. Then I guess I'll be forced to consider a second LL in the future, as much as I REALLY don't want to do it..

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2015, 05:34:35 PM »

Uppland and goodluck - I really appreciate both of your encouraging words. Thank you both.

I'm very uneasy about stopping now because my evening height seems to be right at 5'8" on the dot (most results have come in slightly above in the evening, one or two a pinch below). For me, it's just the principle of the matter. I know I'm getting caught up in the numbers game. I'm just not young and rich like a lot of you guys, so I don't have the luxury of just saying "well, I can do a second LL in a few years." At my age, I'm looking at career advancement, possibly getting married in the future, etc., so a second LL would be nearly impossible for me to swing (and by that time, not as worth it). I actually can afford a second LL right now with even Paley or Guichet again, but then I'd be pretty much cleaned out of my cash savings (which I will not do).

I'm getting x-rays taken tomorrow or Thursday, I'll see what's what. If it won't risk fracture per the doctor, maybe I'll suck up the pain just a little longer. I just don't want to be even a bit below 5'8", I've worked too hard and have sacrificed too much to not have reached my goal. I was trying to count on the duckass, but people have warned that I would be lucky even to get .5cm, so I'm not really counting on anything. So many on here are very lucky to start with a height of 5'7"/5'8" and then go on to do LL...this may be my last shot to get taller, and 5'8" is still borderline as it is.

please read this diary
Guichet's patient

make me taller/index.php/topic,3324.0.html
It is risky game

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:29:09 PM by Admin »

YellowSpike

« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2015, 05:57:52 PM »

Wow. I've read a lot of diaries over the past year before actually doing this, but thanks goodluck. I actually never read that particularly diary. Scary. I'll listen to what Dr. G says based on when he sees my new x-rays. I guess I'll probably stop even though I'm not happy. It is what it is.

shordepressed

« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2015, 07:09:43 PM »

Docteir guichet good

Smallguy

« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2015, 07:13:09 PM »

Buddy, you need to do what's right for you and your body. On this forum, you don't know who is behind that keyboard. There are people with low self-esteem and there are transvestite who are here to vent on straight short male. There is also body builder with dysmorphic sense of what's aesthetic. You don't need to take in their distorted sense of reality.

5'8 is an awesome height in America. Little more is better but also listen to your body. But once you're outside and start working again, height is one just aspect of a happiness, the others are money and position. With money you can earn a comfortable living and provide for your kids. You can also get a decent lawyer if you get into trouble. You can drive a nice luxury car, work in a company and fire the tall guy below you if he doesn't do his job. If you're tall but without money and power, you may be as well happy but powerless in society.

If you do want to go further and your body is screaming pain, I advise you to take a break for a few days.... stop everything and wait out for the pain to subside.... then lengthen again once you feel better. Your future looks awesome and your family/true friends are proud of you for taking on this endeavour.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:42:35 PM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

YellowSpike

« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2015, 07:29:03 PM »

I appreciate the kind words Smallguy. Thank you.

Well, I haven't clicked now in about 3 weeks, because it had become very painful for my left leg. Actually, doing the clicking motions was painful on both legs, but I found an alternate way to do the right leg that helped it a bit. But even now, when I move my left leg as if to click, it hurts a good amount (though not as bad as 3 weeks ago). Certain sudden movements (like changing sleeping positions in bed or keeping my left foot in place while tilting the left leg) seem to cause this pain too. I'll see what the x-rays look like. It may be best to be cautious and just leave it alone, as much as I want a little more.

theuprising

« Reply #414 on: March 24, 2015, 07:31:26 PM »

Agree with the above posters, around 3 inches is a fantastic gain for 5'5. Avoid the massive femur/tiny shins look if you can you. Don't get caught up in the numbers game and do what's best for you. You can read Goodfootballers diary on the old forum for a good perspective on what it looks like to be caught in it.

shordepressed

« Reply #415 on: March 24, 2015, 07:39:59 PM »

Forum many tall  insane people ..
psychiatrische Klinik not bone klinik  :P
Worry do not! Yellowspik u are brave man and no give up! Docteur guichet is good

shordepressed

« Reply #416 on: March 24, 2015, 07:40:36 PM »

I see dokteur next week 8)

Uppland

« Reply #417 on: March 24, 2015, 07:48:53 PM »

Yellowspike when you had your consultation, how much did Guichet recommend that you lengthened?

Also if you're still in contact with the man could you ask if it's possible to improve that number. Say if i went and my legs checked and he said I'd be able to do 5CM, could I then improve my lengthening potential to 7CM via stretching/exercise?

shordepressed

« Reply #418 on: March 24, 2015, 08:00:34 PM »

doctor guichet or doctor bet? Why and how

YellowSpike

« Reply #419 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »

Yellowspike when you had your consultation, how much did Guichet recommend that you lengthened?

Also if you're still in contact with the man could you ask if it's possible to improve that number. Say if i went and my legs checked and he said I'd be able to do 5CM, could I then improve my lengthening potential to 7CM via stretching/exercise?

When I had my initial consultation, he said I could probably expect between 6.5cm and 7cm, but that we'd have to be careful (I think he said this due to a contracture on my right leg, which hasn't caused many issues thus far). Towards the end of my lengthening, once I got to 6.5cm (based on the click tracking), he said that I could go as far as 7cm. I stopped around 6.85/6.9cm due to the bad left leg pain. And my goal was 6.5-7cm, so I guess I more or less got it. I guess, now that I'm "here," I wanted to push a bit more. However, my body needed a break 3 weeks ago, so I complied and gave it a break. I do know that I worked very hard in PT, and never missed a single session at the gym or isokinetic center. I know I'm being overly anal, and that's on me. I just want to be safely in the 5'8" range so I can at least be considered a "strong 5'8," if you will. It's a mental thing for me at this point, and I'm well aware of that.

Sometimes I wonder if an ITB release could have allowed me to lengthen a bit further. It's hard to say. Some say having an ITB release (I know Paley and Rozbruch do it on many patients) results in like a permanent 20% decrease in athletic ability. Overall, I would prefer not having the ITB release, since it's one less part of my body that was "messed with."

To answer your actual question, I believe you are correct. He may say "5cm," but maybe if you work more on yourself and go back, he may say otherwise.

shordepressed

« Reply #420 on: March 24, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »

Tell me please yellowspik

YellowSpike

« Reply #421 on: March 24, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »

Tell me please yellowspik

....tell you what?

shordepressed

« Reply #422 on: March 24, 2015, 08:40:55 PM »

doctor guichet Milan
doctor betz Germany
Why and how?? Who is better?

shordepressed

« Reply #423 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:59 PM »

Dok tor help me plez 20 CM is it be done tell me and help me ???
Nobody like short man.......

KrP1

« Reply #424 on: March 24, 2015, 08:47:10 PM »

hey Yellowspike when will you have your X-RAYS?

YellowSpike

« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »

My friend, all the information you need to decide between Dr. Guichet and Dr. Betz is on this site and on other sites.

But I'll give you Cliffnotes version - Dr. Guichet is better. If you can, go with him.

YellowSpike

« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2015, 09:02:11 PM »

hey Yellowspike when will you have your X-RAYS?

hey pal, I think tomorrow or Thursday. Gotta double check my appointment. We'll see how it goes!

KrP1

« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »

hey pal, I think tomorrow or Thursday. Gotta double check my appointment. We'll see how it goes!

hope all goes well bro

Uppland

« Reply #428 on: March 24, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »

When I had my initial consultation, he said I could probably expect between 6.5cm and 7cm, but that we'd have to be careful (I think he said this due to a contracture on my right leg, which hasn't caused many issues thus far). Towards the end of my lengthening, once I got to 6.5cm (based on the click tracking), he said that I could go as far as 7cm. I stopped around 6.85/6.9cm due to the bad left leg pain. And my goal was 6.5-7cm, so I guess I more or less got it. I guess, now that I'm "here," I wanted to push a bit more. However, my body needed a break 3 weeks ago, so I complied and gave it a break. I do know that I worked very hard in PT, and never missed a single session at the gym or isokinetic center. I know I'm being overly anal, and that's on me. I just want to be safely in the 5'8" range so I can at least be considered a "strong 5'8," if you will. It's a mental thing for me at this point, and I'm well aware of that.

Sometimes I wonder if an ITB release could have allowed me to lengthen a bit further. It's hard to say. Some say having an ITB release (I know Paley and Rozbruch do it on many patients) results in like a permanent 20% decrease in athletic ability. Overall, I would prefer not having the ITB release, since it's one less part of my body that was "messed with."

To answer your actual question, I believe you are correct. He may say "5cm," but maybe if you work more on yourself and go back, he may say otherwise.

Alright thanks, where you flexible when you had the consultation?

What can I do to increase my muscle resistance, like what stretches should I do roughly?

YellowSpike

« Reply #429 on: March 24, 2015, 10:11:47 PM »

Yes, I was above average flexible before the surgery. My flexibly has been coming back pretty quickly, I must say.

To increase muscle resistance, focus on exercises that strengthen your quads, particularly, your lower quads. Leg extension, leg press, half-squats (don't go all the way down), etc.

Uppland

« Reply #430 on: March 24, 2015, 10:49:57 PM »

Yes, I was above average flexible before the surgery. My flexibly has been coming back pretty quickly, I must say.

To increase muscle resistance, focus on exercises that strengthen your quads, particularly, your lower quads. Leg extension, leg press, half-squats (don't go all the way down), etc.

Well i meant stretches/exercies that will help with the surgery, like what did Guichet tell you to do?

Right now I'm below average flexibility so I wanna change that.

shordepressed

« Reply #431 on: March 24, 2015, 11:48:20 PM »

Thanks! :D

YellowSpike

« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:43 PM »

Im getting x-rays tomorrow. I attempted to do the click motions on my legs last night...OUCH. I think my body is done for now. Even when doing the standing up version for the right leg, it was way too painful (and resulted in knee pain, even without actually clicking). My left leg seems to have gotten better, though, but still has pain when I do the click motion.

I'll see what the x-rays say, but even if he says I can still click (which I doubt at this point), I'm leaning towards adopting a "wait and see" stance on this. Let me heal, fix my duckass/anterior pelvic tilt, and see how i feel then. Tibias are out of the question for me (takes too long, not dealing with externals, don't want to spend the money). Maybe if I REALLY want another cm or so that badly in a year or so, I can just have Dr. G rebreak the femurs and just sneak in a little more. I don't really care about proportions, to be honest. My wingspan is fine for my new height (and can even take a bit more lengthening, I think), and my femurs look a bit long, but with added muscle, they'll look fine. No one would notice in real life. You can hide long femurs pretty easily with clothes, and I honestly value total height more.

w1988

« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2015, 05:19:31 PM »

Hey Yellowspike,
I noticed that you started 14th of December — was it a good idea to do this right before the holidays?
It's been more than 3 months, did you expect to be fully healed by now?
Also do you know if Dr.G does surgery outside Milan (more specifically in London)?

I read Jay7s diary on the old forum and he mentioned that Guichet also does surgery in Barcelona and London but that was years ago. I live in London so even if I have to wait a few months it's worth it. I'm also super confused about costs, I checked one of Dr.G's websites (I'm about to email/call) and says that you need to budget between 58-65k euro so I've already saved the higher end of that and theres the possibility of savings if I can get this done in my home city. So far what are your total expenses ex removal?

I thought I would be getting this done later this year but after a recent windfall I think I should book a consultation with Dr G asap.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32   Go Up