Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352762 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »

Hey Yellowspike,
I noticed that you started 14th of December — was it a good idea to do this right before the holidays?
It's been more than 3 months, did you expect to be fully healed by now?
Also do you know if Dr.G does surgery outside Milan (more specifically in London)?

I read Jay7s diary on the old forum and he mentioned that Guichet also does surgery in Barcelona and London but that was years ago. I live in London so even if I have to wait a few months it's worth it. I'm also super confused about costs, I checked one of Dr.G's websites (I'm about to email/call) and says that you need to budget between 58-65k euro so I've already saved the higher end of that and theres the possibility of savings if I can get this done in my home city. So far what are your total expenses ex removal?

I thought I would be getting this done later this year but after a recent windfall I think I should book a consultation with Dr G asap.

I just wanted to get it done asap before I lost my nerve. It kinda sucked to miss the holidays, but I wanted it done. And no, I didn't expect to be fully healed by now, recovery's gonna take a while, I know that. ShyShy was an expectational case, although I know I need to work harder at recovery. I'm not as focused now because I'm working, and I just don't have as much time.

Yes, I had my surgery in London (Princess Grace Hospital, to be exact). I love you Brits, but man, your country is so damn expensive! I hate the GBP!!! When I do the rod removal (or if I do another LL with the same rods in my femurs), I'm making sure to stay in Milan. Due to a timing issue, I had to have it done in London, or wait until the new year, which I didn't want to do. I wanted the damn thing over with.

Yeah, Dr. G's prices are going up, big time. I shudder to think how much I'm gonna have to spend on the removal or possibly re-breaking the femurs and doing a little more on the same rods. I'm hoping my insurance might cover the rod removal, I"ve heard that they sometimes do because they consider it "medically necessary" (even though they weren't put in for necessity reasons).

w1988

« Reply #435 on: March 25, 2015, 05:34:57 PM »

Yes, I had my surgery in London (Princess Grace Hospital, to be exact). I love you Brits, but man, your country is so damn expensive! I hate the GBP!!! When I do the rod removal (or if I do another LL with the same rods in my femurs), I'm making sure to stay in Milan. Due to a timing issue, I had to have it done in London, or wait until the new year, which I didn't want to do. I wanted the damn thing over with.

Yeah, Dr. G's prices are going up, big time. I shudder to think how much I'm gonna have to spend on the removal or possibly re-breaking the femurs and doing a little more on the same rods. I'm hoping my insurance might cover the rod removal, I"ve heard that they sometimes do because they consider it "medically necessary" (even though they weren't put in for necessity reasons).

So you did it in London, OMFG thats fking great. I'm already dreaming about lengthening while maintaining my lifestyle. I don't think the UK is that expensive, maybe it's because I've lived here for too long.

Only contact info I can find is the info@leglengtheningclinic.com but his website seems outdated. Did you call Princess Grace Hospital directly? Also did you do consultation there as well?
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

YellowSpike

« Reply #436 on: March 25, 2015, 05:40:28 PM »

Dr. G was somewhat slow to respond to my emails (he's very busy and gets like hundreds of new inquiries a day), so I actually called him. LOL each time I got him, he was going into the operating room, I felt horrible (but I finally was able to get in).

I did the consultation and pre-training in Milan. There was a chance of me doing the surgery in Milan, but it fell through. Milan is much cheaper. Yeah, if you're living in the UK, London is obviously the best option for you.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »

So you did it in London, OMFG thats fking great. I'm already dreaming about lengthening while maintaining my lifestyle. I don't think the UK is that expensive, maybe it's because I've lived here for too long.

Only contact info I can find is the info@leglengtheningclinic.com but his website seems outdated. Did you call Princess Grace Hospital directly? Also did you do consultation there as well?
Hey when i go to london
Could you suggest some place for live ,safe and not expensive for3 or 4 months?
I want to safe my accommodation cost .
May be i will do it in london not milan

YellowSpike

« Reply #438 on: March 25, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »

Hey when i go to london

There's a website called Air B&B. You can use that to find people who are willing to rent out rooms for you. Just make sure you get a place with a lift and no stairs. Hotels and apartments are WAY too expense in London. I live in an expensive city, and London puts even my home city to shame. London is ridiculously expensive. I would try to do it in Milan if you can, much more affordable (and much better food).

w1988

« Reply #439 on: March 25, 2015, 06:25:29 PM »

Dr. G was somewhat slow to respond to my emails (he's very busy and gets like hundreds of new inquiries a day), so I actually called him. LOL each time I got him, he was going into the operating room, I felt horrible (but I finally was able to get in).

I did the consultation and pre-training in Milan. There was a chance of me doing the surgery in Milan, but it fell through. Milan is much cheaper. Yeah, if you're living in the UK, London is obviously the best option for you.

Thanks for the notice. I sent him an email, if I don't hear anything in 2 weeks I'll call that hospital.

There's a website called Air B&B. You can use that to find people who are willing to rent out rooms for you. Just make sure you get a place with a lift and no stairs. Hotels and apartments are WAY too expense in London. I live in an expensive city, and London puts even my home city to shame. London is ridiculously expensive. I would try to do it in Milan if you can, much more affordable (and much better food).
Hey when i go to london

If you use Air B&B make sure its for the whole apartment or studio, I don't think anyone would like sharing with an LLer when they could have shared with a normal person.Lifts in London are rare, most places have stairs, often a lot of stairs. Actually when I think lift I think new development or large complex.

YS maybe you think London is expensive because you're not making any money here. For me when I go on holiday anywhere I think it's expensive because I know that I'm in negative cashflow while I'm there. Also there really are 2 different prices for accommodation in London, 1 is for residents and 1 for tourists. All of those 'all-inclusive' short-term apartments are massively expensive because they cater for short-lets and have business rates/hotel taxes. The same apartment (usually in the same building) can be had for much less if you are a resident with local references and sign a long term lease.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #440 on: March 25, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »

Hey when i go to london

You can live with me ... I'm a rent boy xxx

« Reply #441 on: March 25, 2015, 06:30:14 PM »

Free massage... Free food ... Free tlc xx

w1988

« Reply #442 on: March 25, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »

Hey when i go to london

Well I live in south kensington, I personally think it's the best area in London but I'm sure others will disagree. I was considering posting an ad to rent out space at mine but although its 1250sqft it is a 1 bedroom flat! Also I'm on the 3rd floor and there is no lift (very old building) so that's going to be a problem ;/

Hey Yellowspike from your experience do you think that being on the 3rd floor (3 floors above ground lobby) is alright? It's an old building so there is a landing half-way between each floor but the stairs spiral slightly as well. If nt then I might have to have someone carry me upstairs ;/

« Reply #443 on: March 25, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »

Wow ... That is a very nice place ... I may cum to see u..  :-)

« Reply #444 on: March 25, 2015, 06:39:09 PM »

Well I live in south kensington, I personally think it's the best area in London but I'm sure others will disagree. I was considering posting an ad to rent out space at mine but although its 1250sqft it is a 1 bedroom flat! Also I'm on the 3rd floor and there is no lift (very old building) so that's going to be a problem ;/

The 3rd floor will be a problem... I think we should tie rope on the LL patient legs and pull him or her up.. Problem solved .. Panda :-)

crimsontide

« Reply #445 on: March 25, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »

uk is not that expensive...  just london

and moscow is insanely expensive too.... and im from new york

« Reply #446 on: March 25, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »

On a serious note ... You can rent rooms in South or North london ... At average prices ... But central London is very expensive to rent... panda

YellowSpike

« Reply #447 on: March 25, 2015, 06:57:10 PM »

Hey Yellowspike from your experience do you think that being on the 3rd floor (3 floors above ground lobby) is alright? It's an old building so there is a landing half-way between each floor but the stairs spiral slightly as well. If nt then I might have to have someone carry me upstairs ;/

Stairs will be a problem for the first few weeks while you're on a walker. Not impossible, but very annoying to do. I did stairs after about a week, and it was kinda hard. Once you're on crutches, they're easier, but do you really wanna deal with them (and the risk to hurt yourself) just by leaving and coming to your flat?

And Panda, you are one creepy dude.

« Reply #448 on: March 25, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »

Stairs will be a problem for the first few weeks while you're on a walker. Not impossible, but very annoying to do. I did stairs after about a week, and it was kinda hard. Once you're on crutches, they're easier, but do you really wanna deal with them (and the risk to hurt yourself) just by leaving and coming to your flat?

And Panda, you are one creepy dude.

I'm only joking .... Bored in life :-)

w1988

« Reply #449 on: March 25, 2015, 09:24:13 PM »

Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know about the walker (i thought it was straight to crutches). It seems I'll have to rent an all-inclusive tourist rip off flat for a few weeks then. Also it just dawned on me that if I get friends to help me out then they'll know about the surgery. I already had to tell my parents (which I wanted to avoid but it was unrealistic in hindsight) and I'm already uncomfortable so I definitely can't tell anyone else. Actually now that I think about it maybe getting it done in Milan might be a better option for me  :-[

I think I'm starting to understand Jay7s statement about how LL is more mentally and socially challenging than anything.

fk.

YellowSpike

« Reply #450 on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:34 PM »

LL is very trying indeed. You will soon see.

w1988

« Reply #451 on: March 25, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »

Edit:
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:24:40 PM by w1988 »

YellowSpike

« Reply #452 on: March 27, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »

I was told that my healing is progressing properly (who hoo), but also told not to click anymore. I suppose it's just as well, as the click motions were starting to become extremely painful. I probably should stop measuring myself, but I seem to come in a tad below 5'8" right before bed time. I'm not sure, I could be measuring myself wrong. If fixing the duckass even gives 3-5mm, it will put me at just about 5'8" at night, which is pretty much all I wanted. I really hope that's the case.

I actually feel like somewhat of a failure if I don't reach my goal. May sound dumb to others, but until you go through this (you will sacrifice a ton of time, money, pain, loneliness, and potentially bad reactions from others), and unless you're a short as I was (many of you start at 5'7 and up, so you CAN lengthen less and still be a good height in the end), you can't begin to understand how I feel. Such is life though.

Guess I'll be re-breaking my femur and doing more next summer lol. In the meantime, I will probably taking some time away from this forum, as it's only making me feel worse.

Uppland

« Reply #453 on: March 27, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »

Sorry that you feel worse on here, but will you still keep us updated?

Remeber what an inspiration shyshy's videos and photos was for you?
Imagine what you could be for me or anyone else on here.

YellowSpike

« Reply #454 on: March 27, 2015, 05:23:39 PM »

The difference is that ShyShy was an immense success all around. I'm not really sure what an inspiration I would be, as I didn't reach my goal. And honestly, being on here with so many of you who are already very solid heights (not trying to imply anyone should or should not get LL, I'm just giving my opinion that many of your heights are already perfectly fine) doesn't help matters. But it is what it is.

But yes, I will keep updates, just not nearly as often. I do want to help others if I can, and I will still reply to PMs. Gotta pay it forward :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:44:46 PM by YellowSpike »

KrP1

« Reply #455 on: March 27, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »

I know your feelings bro. We start with real low heights and need a good amount to get into a safe zone. Me my self think that maybe i will need 2 surgeries to feel ok with my self.

YellowSpike

« Reply #456 on: March 27, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »

I know your feelings bro. We start with real low heights and need a good amount to get into a safe zone. Me my self think that maybe i will need 2 surgeries to feel ok with my self.

If I were a solid 5'8", I think I'd be fine with that. I'm just doubting (based on evening height) that I am. Even being a pinch under that is just unacceptable to me. And I really REALLY didn't want to have go through this sh*t again, spend more money, more time off from work, hate the idea of externals...but I might have to. I guess I'll see how I feel once I'm fully recovered. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a wife as great as Sweden's who would see me through a second LL. Although I doubt that!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #457 on: March 27, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »

Why fret about some arbitrary number from the old-fashioned English measuring system?

5'8 = 172.72cm.  You're definitely a solid, modern, worldly, metric 172 even at night. :)

YellowSpike

« Reply #458 on: March 27, 2015, 06:26:13 PM »

Why fret about some arbitrary number from the old-fashioned English measuring system?

5'8 = 172.72cm.  You're definitely a solid, modern, worldly, metric 172 even at night. :)

I really appreciate this - thank you MDoW :) It's just that I've had engrained into my head for so long that anything under 5'8" isn't acceptable. Even at my old height...I did pretty well with women. Through all my years of online dating (and pretty successful at it), whether for serious relationships or hookups, I kept seeing the lowest that these women demand is 5'8" (though most want 5'10" and up). But of course, I had to deal with comments from them and my friends on occassion. I'm not so much hung up on these hypothetical women per se, but the number is what got engrained into my head. I also would see many posts on various forums online and Hollywood short male celeb lists where 5'8/5'9 seems to be the "cut off." So that's why it was really important to me to be a solid 5'8". I know I'm thinking too much about it, but given all that I've sacrificed to do this LL (a sh*t ton of money, pain, time, etc), I really wanted this for myself.

But there's always the future. I may be doing external tibs someday, but only 2 inches max (maybe even a bit less) to keep my proportions relatively normal. I have to see how I feel once I'm recovered and fix my posture.

I appreciate you guys trying to cheer me up :)

Uppland

« Reply #459 on: March 27, 2015, 07:05:49 PM »

Yellowspike I'm sure you're gonna be a success just like shyshy.

Your recovery is important anyway, what kind of picture will we get if only the luckiest patients update their diaries?

w1988

« Reply #460 on: March 27, 2015, 07:14:16 PM »

I really appreciate this - thank you MDoW :) It's just that I've had engrained into my head for so long that anything under 5'8" isn't acceptable. Even at my old height...I did pretty well with women. Through all my years of online dating (and pretty successful at it), whether for serious relationships or hookups, I kept seeing the lowest that these women demand is 5'8" (though most want 5'10" and up). But of course, I had to deal with comments from them and my friends on occassion. I'm not so much hung up on these hypothetical women per se, but the number is what got engrained into my head. I also would see many posts on various forums online and Hollywood short male celeb lists where 5'8/5'9 seems to be the "cut off." So that's why it was really important to me to be a solid 5'8". I know I'm thinking too much about it, but given all that I've sacrificed to do this LL (a sh*t ton of money, pain, time, etc), I really wanted this for myself.

There is a social difference between the system, like comparing 168cm and 183cm doesn't sound the same as 5'6" and 6ft. But for you metric sounds good because at least you are in the 170's.

I also had that problem on POF. When I wrote 5'6" I got almost very few replies that never turned into dates, but when I changed it to 5'8" then suddenly I got more replies and dates than I wanted before, even from girls that rejected me from before (they forgot my old height and didn't notice my changed height as I wear elevator shoes).

You are probably stuck on the 5'8" because maybe you are a goal-oriented person and we live in a capitalist world where numbers are very important even though it doesn't translate the same in real life.

As I said before you could look into Rolfing.

YellowSpike

« Reply #461 on: March 27, 2015, 07:21:13 PM »

Yellowspike I'm sure you're gonna be a success just like shyshy.

Your recovery is important anyway, what kind of picture will we get if only the luckiest patients update their diaries?

Except, I'm not. I'm not a success, because I didn't reach my goal (at least, I'm not at all confident that I did). Like w1998 suggested, I'm a very type-A goal oriented person. It's killing me that I didn't reach my goal. And it nauseates me to think that I now have to do a second LL...

You guys are very lucky to have such great starting heights. My genetics f*cked me over twice now.

alps

« Reply #462 on: March 27, 2015, 07:27:39 PM »

twice?

w1988

« Reply #463 on: March 27, 2015, 08:00:30 PM »

Except, I'm not. I'm not a success, because I didn't reach my goal (at least, I'm not at all confident that I did). Like w1998 suggested, I'm a very type-A goal oriented person. It's killing me that I didn't reach my goal. And it nauseates me to think that I now have to do a second LL...

Who knows maybe those few mm that you didn't get would have opened the floodgates for complications and even worse recovery. Almost every LLer that lengthened big has mentioned how they wished they did less and it could have been you — Leechlet (the guy you mentioned who inspired you) said that less is better in one of his now-deleted youtube videos. Even Apo who was obsessed and encouraged over lengthening now tells everyone to not lengthen too much and "not to be too greedy".

Uppland

« Reply #464 on: March 27, 2015, 08:14:36 PM »

Stop this rubbish mate, you're starting to sound like ItsMyLife the way you're obsessing about nothing.

Your goal was 173CM wasn't it? So then you reached it, this is just the post-LL blues.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Up