Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352770 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #465 on: March 27, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »

Who knows maybe those few mm that you didn't get would have opened the floodgates for complications and even worse recovery. Almost every LLer that lengthened big has mentioned how they wished they did less and it could have been you — Leechlet (the guy you mentioned who inspired you) said that less is better in one of his now-deleted youtube videos. Even Apo who was obsessed and encouraged over lengthening now tells everyone to not lengthen too much and "not to be too greedy".

Appreciate the kind words. I had no choice, Dr. G told me to stop, and even if he didn't, clicking had become excruciatingly painful when it wasn't painful at all previously

Still, it just doesn't change the way I feel. I really wanted to close the door on this forever, but since I'm not happy, I feel like I will still have height neurosis. And as we all know, the only way to get taller is to do the horrible process we all know as LL. I just don't know logistically when I could take more time off from work to do another one of these. I thought about re-breaking my femurs next year, but then my proportions would look terrible. So my only options is tibias at this point, which I really did not want to do. FML...

Stop this rubbish mate, you're starting to sound like ItsMyLife the way you're obsessing about nothing.

Your goal was 173CM wasn't it? So then you reached it, this is just the post-LL blues.

I know I'm obsessing, but you wouldn't understand. You already are a decent height, taller than I ever will be. I'm very goal oriented, and really wanted to be a solid 172.72 at night. I'm borderline at best, and terrified of shrinking below it. You'll see - if you ever do LL, for all you sacrifice - you want your goal.

Anyway - I'm going to just focus on recovery for now. I've been walking more, and it's improving. So I guess that's something to be happy about. I just feel like I can't move forward knowing that I didn't finish what I set out to do, but I will keep going.

w1988

« Reply #466 on: March 27, 2015, 08:28:33 PM »

You were short before and now you're not.

Also Dr G. doesn't mention what height you can achieve right? He's the "we'll see' type due to the uncertain nature of CLL. You shouldn't have had any goals in the first place. You made it to average height and don't stand out, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that was your reason for doing CLL.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

YellowSpike

« Reply #467 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:33 PM »

You were short before and now you're not.

Also Dr G. doesn't mention what height you can achieve right? He's the "we'll see' type due to the uncertain nature of CLL. You shouldn't have had any goals in the first place. You made it to average height and don't stand out, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that was your reason for doing CLL.

Yes, you are right on both accounts. He will tell you a range that you can probably expect, and I fell into that range (actually, towards the higher end of it). So I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

Well, average is 5'9.5" for my country (maybe higher for my age group, I don't know), so I'm still short. And that's fine, I knew I was still gonna be short after just one LL. I've already said several times why 5'8" meant a lot to me, but it is what it is.

You mentioned rolfing...is that legit at all? If I could find a way to squeeze out another .5-1 inch without LL, it would be amazing. I just don't think it's possible, or at least I'm very skeptical. A few have mentioned glucoasmine and inversion, but that would only be temporary.

YellowSpike

« Reply #468 on: March 27, 2015, 09:30:11 PM »

My dad stopped by to bring some documents I need to file some insurance claims. He insisted on measuring me (I said no at first). He had me at almost 5'8.25" (it's 5pm in the evening here), so maybe my mini breakdown was premature. I told him that I'm done measuring myself, and I don't want to be measured anymore, at least not until my back is fixed. Like the wise MDoW said to me once, we have a "range" of heights. My ex roommate (who knew about my height neurosis) even once said "no one knows exactly how tall they are."

Time to stop measuring/obsessing and focus on recovery/walking. So thankful I don't have to click anymore...even if Dr. G didn't explicitly say "stop" like he did today, I really doubt I had it in me to click anymore.

NewHeights

« Reply #469 on: March 27, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »

Yes, you are right on both accounts. He will tell you a range that you can probably expect, and I fell into that range (actually, towards the higher end of it). So I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

Well, average is 5'9.5" for my country (maybe higher for my age group, I don't know), so I'm still short. And that's fine, I knew I was still gonna be short after just one LL. I've already said several times why 5'8" meant a lot to me, but it is what it is.

You mentioned rolfing...is that legit at all? If I could find a way to squeeze out another .5-1 inch without LL, it would be amazing. I just don't think it's possible, or at least I'm very skeptical. A few have mentioned glucoasmine and inversion, but that would only be temporary.

Below the discrete numerical average is not short. Average should be considered a range, not a discrete number. Average in the US is probably 5' 8" to 5' 11" so you are not short.

I am in the same boat as you with the glucosamine and inversion. 1 CM more nighttime height is HUGE (keeping my fingers crossed this summer)
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

YellowSpike

« Reply #470 on: March 27, 2015, 09:44:51 PM »

Below the discrete numerical average is not short. Average should be considered a range, not a discrete number. Average in the US is probably 5' 8" to 5' 11" so you are not short.

I am in the same boat as you with the glucosamine and inversion. 1 CM more nighttime height is HUGE (keeping my fingers crossed this summer)

Well, that's why I've been so obsessive over 5'8" or not. That seems to be the cutoff. But regardless of what my actual height down to the millimeter is, I feel like I can at least comfortably say "I'm 5'8". Hell, I used to sometimes get away with saying I was 5'7" when I was a little over 5'5" lol. But your observation is exactly why I'm so fixated on this number, but I'm trying not to be. If there was a legit one way to increase night height by 1CM, I'd get on that right away just to get more safely into the range I want and not be borderline.

If my duckass even gives me 3-5mm, that will get me exactly where I wanted to be. Here's to hoping!

And by the way, you aren't short, new heights :)

KrP1

« Reply #471 on: March 27, 2015, 09:55:24 PM »

me too want an exact number , for me in a man to be below 172cm is just inaceptable.

Smallguy

« Reply #472 on: March 27, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »

Due to bone compression during consolidation and the natural curvature of your bone, 7cm of lengthening doesn't equate to 7cm in solid height gain. To be sure of 7cm of height gain, you need at least 7.5cm of lengthening.

I had 8.2cm going into the operating table. The doc cut it off to 8cm. My starting height was 169.5. Theoretically, I should get 177.5cm (169.5+8cm). However, while my morning now is only 177cm, at night I'm 176cm. Don't feel too bad. Sweden's case is worst... along with some other guys which I will not mention...lol

Well, I'm all about achieving goals. My favourite author is Machiavelli, where the ends justifies the means.

Your biggest enemy now is pain. The distance you have between yourself and your goal is 1cm (I don't know how much exactly). Just remember that pain is temporary and height is permanent. What you do now will affects the rest of your life. You can always be generous with the pain meds. Pain is just a state of mind but height is real.

If you must, bite on to a stick while making that click. Think about all the thoughts where height has hold you back in life.... about the bitch who rejected you for whatever reason. Whatever you do, the moment is now. If you fail to reach that height gain and have your bone consolidate, then you will have to accept either not reaching your height goal or have to consider an additional LL down the road.

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

YellowSpike

« Reply #473 on: March 27, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »

Due to bone compression during consolidation and the natural curvature of your bone, 7cm of lengthening doesn't equate to 7cm in solid height gain. To be sure of 7cm of height gain, you need at least 7.5cm of lengthening.

I had 8.2cm going into the operating table. The doc cut it off to 8cm. My starting height was 169.5. Theoretically, I should get 177.5cm (169.5+8cm). However, while my morning now is only 177cm, at night I'm 176cm. Don't feel too bad. Sweden's case is worst... along with some other guys which I will not mention...lol

Well, I'm all about achieving goals. My favourite author is Machiavelli, where the ends justifies the means.

Your biggest enemy now is pain. The distance you have between yourself and your goal is 1cm (I don't know how much exactly). Just remember that pain is temporary and height is permanent. What you do now will affects the rest of your life. You can always be generous with the pain meds. Pain is just a state of mind but height is real.

If you must, bite on to a stick while making that click. Think about all the thoughts where height has hold you back in life.... about the bitch who rejected you for whatever reason. Whatever you do, the moment is now. If you fail to reach that height gain and have your bone consolidate, then you will have to accept either not reaching your height goal or have to consider an additional LL down the road.

My doctor told me stop, so I have to stop. The femur angle really doesn't affect it too much, to be honest. And I don't believe compression is much of a risk with internal nails. I'm not saying it's not possible, but that's more the case for externals where compression loss happens. And with the Gnail, apparently you gain slightly more height than what you click (I've read number of diaries where this was the case, and Dr G has reiterated this to me several times).

I was told explicitly not to click anymore. I had only planned on doing a few more mm, and I'm not sure it's worth the potential risks. It's already been close to a month side I clicked so the point is probably moot.

Uppland

« Reply #474 on: March 27, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »

Smallguy you lost .5CM? That's not so bad.

theuprising

« Reply #475 on: March 27, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »

Hey YellowSpike I think your getting into that obsessive mental state where it is hard to take a step back and look at things objectively. I know how you feel
I had the same obsession when I used to get bad acne.

You have had a very good gain. If you did tibia from your starting height you'll then have to deal with a whole lot of proportion issues which I'm sure you want to avoid.

7cm is an excellent for femur and you did the best that you possibly could given the circumstances. That is all anyone can do.

YellowSpike

« Reply #476 on: March 27, 2015, 10:22:23 PM »

Hey YellowSpike I think your getting into that obsessive mental state where it is hard to take a step back and look at things objectively. I know how you feel
I had the same obsession when I used to get bad acne.

You have had a very good gain. If you did tibia from your starting height you'll then have to deal with a whole lot of proportion issues which I'm sure you want to avoid.

7cm is an excellent for femur and you did the best that you possibly could given the circumstances. That is all anyone can do.

Thank you very much for your support. I know I'm obsessing, and I know I have to stop.

Yeah, I was only 166cm starting height. The only thing now is that if I ever did tibias, I'd do 1.5 inches max, maybe even just an inch! The only question is, would that be worth it (cost, time, pain, etc.). I think once I'm recovered I'll feel a lot better.

Smallguy

« Reply #477 on: March 27, 2015, 10:30:30 PM »

My doctor told me stop, so I have to stop. The femur angle really doesn't affect it too much, to be honest. And I don't believe compression is much of a risk with internal nails. I'm not saying it's not possible, but that's more the case for externals where compression loss happens. And with the Gnail, apparently you gain slightly more height than what you click (I've read number of diaries where this was the case, and Dr G has reiterated this to me several times).

I was told explicitly not to click anymore. I had only planned on doing a few more mm, and I'm not sure it's worth the potential risks. It's already been close to a month side I clicked so the point is probably moot.

Damn, I guess I was late for repping the motivation speech. I should have done it a month ago :D

Btw, 5'8 is not a bad height living in America. It's quite close to average. If you step outside, of course, there will men who are taller than you (around 55%) but there will also be men who are shorter than you (45%).

Height neurosis can affect anyone.. even tall people though I personally think that there is some other factors involved for tall people. But I think the biggest joy from increasing in height is not about the final height itself, it's about the change in perspective. Even though you may think you are short numerically wise, but this surgery has done more for you than any already tall people. Once you come back home, you no longer have to contend with the discrimination and issues you have previously.

In the morning, you can wake up and feel great about yourself. Life will be awesome from this point here.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

w1988

« Reply #478 on: March 27, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »

My height is 169 now after I finished my last rolfing session this morning and measuring my height at the gym. If you ever look at the backs of football (soccer) players then you would see that they are straight as fk even when running or leaning, gaining maximum upper body height.

It feels slightly similar to chiro but less dramatic per session and my back is definitely straighter which explains the 1cm and that I don't have to 'remember' to straighten my back (maybe I was a few mm taller than 168 before but no way 169).

Maybe after you are 100% recovered you could go for it. After seeing your pics your back definitely looks fked, I'd be surprised if you didn't get a few mm after full rolfing, it could be your answer after trying everything else. If it doesn't work then at least it would have improved your general posture, even without the height I must say that I feel taller.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:10:42 PM by w1988 »
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

Smallguy

« Reply #479 on: March 27, 2015, 10:41:53 PM »

Smallguy you lost .5CM? That's not so bad.

Yeah I did. It's the reality of LL. For various reasons (bone compression, bone curvature, overestimation, etc.), people get less than what they lengthen. So it's good to be conservative and measure downward if you could, then you won't have the possibility of getting disappointed by the result.

I also didn't do purely external. We had LON where we also get the IM nail inserted into our tibias.

I'm sure there will be a way of naturally increasing our height by 1CM in the next few years, I'm counting on it.

It's already here. It's called positive thinking and keeping your back straight. If you ever video yourself, you'll be amazed by how much height you lose just by drooping your back  :D

YellowSpike

« Reply #480 on: March 27, 2015, 11:26:29 PM »

My height is 169 now after I finished my last rolfing session this morning and measuring my height at the gym. If you ever look at the backs of football (soccer) players then you would see that they are straight as fk even when running or leaning, gaining maximum upper body height.

It feels slightly similar to chiro but less dramatic per session and my back is definitely straighter which explains the 1cm and that I don't have to 'remember' to straighten my back (maybe I was a few mm taller than 168 before but no way 169).

Maybe after you are 100% recovered you could go for it. After seeing your pics your back definitely looks fked, I'd be surprised if you didn't get a few mm after full rolfing, it could be your answer after trying everything else. If it doesn't work then at least it would have improved your general posture, even without the height I must say that I feel taller.

Yeah I will probably look into this. When I was doing LL in London, I met periodically with an osteopath at the isokinetic center. She even at one point said something to the effect of "whatever cm you may not gain from this surgery, I can probably get you an additional cm just from messing around with your back." Even Dr. G during my consolation briefly questioned whether or not my spine was straight, but he then ruled out scoliosis (thank God). So I'm wondering if maybe my spine, while I don't have scoliosis, could be improved somewhat.

w1988

« Reply #481 on: March 27, 2015, 11:42:28 PM »

Oh yeah after looking up Inversion I wanted to mention that I tried something very similar before and it didn't do jack crap apart from making we want to vomit. Actually I feel dizzy just looking at it. I'm watching a youtube video and everyone is like "my bf gained 2 inches", omfg that's hilarious looks like I don't need CLL ;/

Btw thanks for making your diary. I'm already feeling my heart beating faster the moment I emailed Dr. G, knowing that its going to start for me soon and diaries like yours give us confidence and will relieve any surprises. I think it'll be like making a movie off of a script.

YellowSpike

« Reply #482 on: March 27, 2015, 11:53:41 PM »

Oh yeah after looking up Inversion I wanted to mention that I tried something very similar before and it didn't do jack crap apart from making we want to vomit. Actually I feel dizzy just looking at it. I'm watching a youtube video and everyone is like "my bf gained 2 inches", omfg that's hilarious looks like I don't need CLL ;/

Yeah I remember as a teenager I thought stretching would actually increase height. Oh, I was so gullible back then. Unfortunately, CLL is the only way to do it. Although I do believe that rolfing and glucosamine can help not to make you taller, but maximize your potential height (and help you retain it a bit longer throughout the day). That's kinda cool.

And yeah, my back is messed up right now. When I walk without crutches, I can feel how tight it is. Just gotta keep working at it!

w1988

« Reply #483 on: March 27, 2015, 11:59:16 PM »

help you retain it a bit longer throughout the day). That's kinda cool.

Oh no thats not rolfing. You do rolfing over 10 sessions in like 2-4 months and it can last for several years.

NewHeights

« Reply #484 on: March 28, 2015, 12:01:17 AM »

Oh no thats not rolfing. You do rolfing over 10 sessions in like 2-4 months and it can last for several years.

Can you please explain what rofling is or send instructions on how to do it? Sounds kinda interesting
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

w1988

« Reply #485 on: March 28, 2015, 12:06:11 AM »

Can you please explain what rofling is or send instructions on how to do it? Sounds kinda interesting

Nobody here listens to the Joe Rogan Experience? Joe rogan is the guy from fear factor, a famous comedian and now a UFC commentator (seriously nobody here has heard of him?!?!?) and does a podcast that talks about cool junk and often steers into physical improvement like sensory deprivation tanks, things you can get only overseas and he mentioned rolfing many times.

Look up rolfing on google, it's not an exercise haha.

Uppland

« Reply #486 on: March 28, 2015, 12:06:13 AM »

I'm optimistic there will be some kind of supplement or whatever that'll give us another 1-2CM. I mean how fukking hard can it be?

NewHeights

« Reply #487 on: March 28, 2015, 12:29:13 AM »

I'm optimistic there will be some kind of supplement or whatever that'll give us another 1-2CM. I mean how fukking hard can it be?

Yea, it's called hgh, but seriously, it's very difficult after terminal height is reached.

Glucosamine is the only supplement that has ever been scientifically proven to increase height, and it was only by .4CM on average +/- .4CM standard deviation.

You can't easily tell the cartilage discs in the spine to "puff up". However, gluco's cartilage retention properties combined with inversion's spinal decompression properties.... you may have something there

ReadRothbard

« Reply #488 on: March 28, 2015, 06:24:49 AM »

Nobody here listens to the Joe Rogan Experience? Joe rogan is the guy from fear factor, a famous comedian and now a UFC commentator (seriously nobody here has heard of him?!?!?) and does a podcast that talks about cool junk and often steers into physical improvement like sensory deprivation tanks, things you can get only overseas and he mentioned rolfing many times.

Look up rolfing on google, it's not an exercise haha.

I've heard of Joe Rogan. He did an interview with Stefan Molyneux a while back.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

w1988

« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2015, 12:01:05 PM »

Yea, it's called hgh, but seriously, it's very difficult after terminal height is reached.

Glucosamine is the only supplement that has ever been scientifically proven to increase height, and it was only by .4CM on average +/- .4CM standard deviation.

You can't easily tell the cartilage discs in the spine to "puff up". However, gluco's cartilage retention properties combined with inversion's spinal decompression properties.... you may have something there

It's impossible, everything is already fused. If you look into real studies on HGH you'll find that it doesn't really do jack crap unless you're in some sort of recovery or still in a growth phase, they should have used a different name for it. Same goes for any kind of stretching/inversion, once you stretch then gravity will just squish it all back down. Also I don't think anyone here (apart from myself) has tried it because if you did then you'd know about how it makes you nauseated and doesn't even give you temporary height.

"Glucosamine is the only supplement that has ever been scientifically proven to increase height" what studies are you reading? When you see it for sale (at a store or reputable online retailer) it is never advertised for that because it doesn't do that at all. It's something that may help joint/arthritis issues. Glucosamine has NOT been 'proven' to increase height.

Ok do this, measure yourself when you are slouching your back and then measure yourself when you straighten your back hard pressed against a wall (maybe have someone press your chest) and check the difference. But then again Rolfing isn't advertised as something that will make you taller so it's dependent on the person, I've always had a curved back. The only problem is the guy mentioned annual 'top ups' so I'm not sure how long this effect will last, £750-£900/yr seems expensive.

NewHeights

« Reply #490 on: March 28, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »

It's impossible, everything is already fused. If you look into real studies on HGH you'll find that it doesn't really do jack crap unless you're in some sort of recovery or still in a growth phase, they should have used a different name for it. Same goes for any kind of stretching/inversion, once you stretch then gravity will just squish it all back down. Also I don't think anyone here (apart from myself) has tried it because if you did then you'd know about how it makes you nauseated and doesn't even give you temporary height.

"Glucosamine is the only supplement that has ever been scientifically proven to increase height" what studies are you reading? When you see it for sale (at a store or reputable online retailer) it is never advertised for that because it doesn't do that at all. It's something that may help joint/arthritis issues. Glucosamine has NOT been 'proven' to increase height.

Ok do this, measure yourself when you are slouching your back and then measure yourself when you straighten your back hard pressed against a wall (maybe have someone press your chest) and check the difference. But then again Rolfing isn't advertised as something that will make you taller so it's dependent on the person, I've always had a curved back. The only problem is the guy mentioned annual 'top ups' so I'm not sure how long this effect will last, £750-£900/yr seems expensive.

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Glucosamine-Sulphate-on-Spinal-Height.pdf

Uppland

« Reply #491 on: March 28, 2015, 01:26:53 PM »

1-2CM in torso height is the DREAM.

YellowSpike

« Reply #492 on: March 28, 2015, 01:47:54 PM »

1-2CM in torso height is the DREAM.

It sure is. At the very least, would be nice to maintain our morning height throughout the day. I will definitely be looking into some of these ideas (glucoasmine, rolfing, pilates/yoga) and see how I do. Even 1 extra cm would be nice.

YellowSpike

« Reply #493 on: March 31, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »

I went back to my gym for the first time since I'd left to do LL back in November. It was a little weird being back. I remember just a few months ago, I felt this desperation and intense dread for knowing that I was going to do LL.

My gym has an elevator, so I took it right up to the main floor and hopped on the treadmill. I did about 40 or so minutes of walking (had to use the sides of the treadmill a good amount to balance myself), and today, my legs are in a good amount of pain (but it's a good pain). I still walk like a drunken penguin, but it's slowly improving (the penguin is slowly sobering up). I will walk more during my lunch break today. As I left, I ran into one of my lifting buddies. He noticed the crutches and asked what happened, and I recited the bowleg story. I think he's like 5'9-5'10", and I felt very close to eye level with him. That was cool.

Uppland

« Reply #494 on: March 31, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »

Nice, you'll be running around jumping on stuff in no time. I told you, the blues would lift now that you're taller.

YellowSpike

« Reply #495 on: March 31, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »

Thanks buddy :) I'm admittedly still somewhat ambivalent about my final height, but I'm fully committed to recovery, and I think the lingering ambivalence will get better as I recover and can actually enjoy the new height. Still have to straighten myself out too, my back is still pretty terrible. Gotta keep movin'!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32   Go Up