Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352871 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #496 on: March 31, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »

Thanks buddy :) I'm admittedly still somewhat ambivalent about my final height, but I'm fully committed to recovery, and I think the lingering ambivalence will get better as I recover and can actually enjoy the new height. Still have to straighten myself out too, my back is still pretty terrible. Gotta keep movin'!

BelowTheMean

« Reply #497 on: April 01, 2015, 04:03:44 AM »

I think you'll feel better about the final height once you can go out and fully enjoy it. You're certainly taller than before, so you should definitely feel better in day-to-day life when it gets back to normal!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

YellowSpike

« Reply #498 on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:05 PM »

I think you'll feel better about the final height once you can go out and fully enjoy it. You're certainly taller than before, so you should definitely feel better in day-to-day life when it gets back to normal!

I definitely do feel taller. Things in my apartment actually seem lower! I can almost see over my refrigerator and can reach the top shelves without standing on my tippy toes. lol. I'm just stupidly anal, and very goal oriented. So, being at exactly 5'8" in the evening before bed (which I am, according to latest measurements) is a tad unsettling only because I don't want to ever shrink below it. But then I remind myself of all the extra clicking I would have had to do (that I didn't even plan on) to get another quarter inch or whatever...probably not worth it, considering that clicking had become incredibly painful towards the end. I've now made a vow not to measure myself until my back is fixed, even though I'm not expecting more than a few mm from fixing it.

KrP1

« Reply #499 on: April 01, 2015, 12:52:54 PM »

you are now a solid 5´8  bro, you will feel much better when you start to do your normal social life and notice the real difference

YellowSpike

« Reply #500 on: April 01, 2015, 01:15:03 PM »

you are now a solid 5´8  bro, you will feel much better when you start to do your normal social life and notice the real difference

thanks buddy. I've had only a few tastes of how the new height will be socially...and it's pretty awesome :)

Alittletooshort

« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2015, 01:35:38 PM »

thanks buddy. I've had only a few tastes of how the new height will be socially...and it's pretty awesome :)
That's nice to hear! Please keep us updated about your social interactions and how they are affected by your new height. That'd be so interesting to read about how your size actually changes stuff for you now (even if it's only mentally).
Wish you all the best!

YellowSpike

« Reply #502 on: April 01, 2015, 06:14:34 PM »

Thanks alittletooshort. I def will.

I actually just got in from "walking" (if you can call it that) outside. I can only do like half a block before I need to partially use my crutches, because it's still pretty tiring for me. I'm not sure if I should be focusing more on just walking a lot, or focusing on my form (not waddling like a penguin, which requires more effort on my part at the moment). Frustrating, but I know it'll get better in time. Even though I kinda wanted to lengthen a bit more, I can kinda see how maybe stopping per the doctor's orders may have been best. Recovery from the surgery is no joke.

I do notice that when I size up men who are walking towards me (and me, them), now even when they seem pretty tall from far away (and would almost always "beat" me when they actually got to me), I find that I'm beating and/or tying a good amount of them :)

NewHeights

« Reply #503 on: April 01, 2015, 06:26:25 PM »

I'm really happy for you my friend.  :) enjoy your newheight! it was a lot of hard work and dedication on your part.

Remember, you can always experiment with gluco if you want to squeeze out an extra CM, but you have already made a great improvement. Just try to enjoy what you have already done for a while and be worry free.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

YellowSpike

« Reply #504 on: April 01, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »

I'm really happy for you my friend.  :) enjoy your newheight! it was a lot of hard work and dedication on your part.

Remember, you can always experiment with gluco if you want to squeeze out an extra CM, but you have already made a great improvement. Just try to enjoy what you have already done for a while and be worry free.

Thank you very much! I can't wait to be walking better...I imagine I have a few weeks left of the penguin waddle. lol

If I'm being honest, I guess sometimes I get a bit jealous because some of you guys have really great starting heights (and *cough* don'tneedLL *cough* :) ), but we all want to be the best we can be, and I understand that. I have other things going for me, so I think my new height will be fine.

My doctor and PT seem to think I may get up to .5cm from fixing my duckass (which still looks the same), so that would be pretty cool. I'd love to squeeze out another cm in the future without LL lol

YellowSpike

« Reply #505 on: April 02, 2015, 12:07:43 PM »

I am definitely noticeably taller in the morning. Haven't measured my morning height (I seem to be at 5'8" on the dot right before bed time)...but I've noticed that I can fully see over the refrigerator top first thing in the AM, but not so much later on. Weird how noticeable that is to me! If taking gluco/yoga/rolfings would help me maintain some of my morning height, that would be pretty sweet.

On another note, my legs are so tired today...but gotta keep walkin'!

kare69

• Visitor
« Reply #506 on: April 02, 2015, 12:46:06 PM »

How has total recovery been going? Do you still have a duck ass?  Is there still lingering pain from the procedure?
I am set to get the procedure done next year with Dr. Paley and I wanted to know is there really immense pain during the lengthening phase, mainly? After how long does the pain become bearable? Besides shyshy is there someone that you know personally that want through procedure with you that is back to at least 90%?

YellowSpike

« Reply #507 on: April 02, 2015, 12:53:14 PM »

How has total recovery been going? Do you still have a duck ass?  Is there still lingering pain from the procedure?
I am set to get the procedure done next year with Dr. Paley and I wanted to know is there really immense pain during the lengthening phase, mainly? After how long does the pain become bearable? Besides shyshy is there someone that you know personally that want through procedure with you that is back to at least 90%?

I only have some pain now after walking for a while, but it's getting better. I still walk like a penguin, but that's slowly improving too. Clicking was only painful for me around 7cm mark, it was never really painful before that. I had some bad knee pain throughout the lengthening process, but it's all gone now more or less.

And yes, I still have duckass, I probably will for a few more weeks at least.

YellowSpike

« Reply #508 on: April 04, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »

Just outta curiosity, I measured my out of bed height this morning at around 5'8.8" or something. Close to 5'9," that's kinda cool. Makes sense, because of my bedtime height seems to be just over 5'8" at 5'8.15". Pretty sure I'm measuring properly (Looking in a mirror, standing straight while looking forward, holding a box directly over my head, making sure the box isn't tilted, and making a line beneath it). It would be cool if glucosamine and yoga/rolfing could help me maintain my morning height longer throughout the day.

Walking is slowly improving. Today I have pain in my right knee, I guess from walking without crutches. No worries. It'll get better. It has to, I have no choice!

KrP1

« Reply #509 on: April 04, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »

Just outta curiosity, I measured my out of bed height this morning at around 5'8.8" or something. Close to 5'9," that's kinda cool. Makes sense, because of my bedtime height seems to be just over 5'8" at 5'8.15". Pretty sure I'm measuring properly (Looking in a mirror, standing straight while looking forward, holding a box directly over my head, making sure the box isn't tilted, and making a line beneath it). It would be cool if glucosamine and yoga/rolfing could help me maintain my morning height longer throughout the day.

Walking is slowly improving. Today I have pain in my right knee, I guess from walking without crutches. No worries. It'll get better. It has to, I have no choice!

Cool bro. You could say that you are 5'9 or at least 5'8 and a half. Thats a nice height

YellowSpike

« Reply #510 on: April 04, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »

Meh, I'm fine with saying 5'8" or "a little over 5'8" " just for sake of being conservative :)

This darn knee pain kinda sucks but I think it's muscular pain and just due to walking without crutches more.

kare69

• Visitor
« Reply #511 on: April 05, 2015, 11:15:02 PM »

What does the doctor say about your progress so far? Also why didn't you go for more height like 8 cm?
How are others progress that started with you?

YellowSpike

« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2015, 12:07:28 AM »

What does the doctor say about your progress so far? Also why didn't you go for more height like 8 cm?
How are others progress that started with you?

I stopped at 7cm because the pain got really bad on my left leg and because the doctor told me to stop. I don't know anyone else that started with me, so can't really judge. As far as my progress, he says I'm doing well (though I find that hard to believe).

YellowSpike

« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2015, 01:02:22 PM »

Getting frustrated. I did the bike yesterday for almost an hour with higher resistance. Going to do it again today even though I'm in pain (I don't care). Walking is slightly better, but not much. I'm still embarrassed to be seen walking in public, and having to work all day and be at my computer is really hindering this. I don't see how others are able to walk so damn soon (unless they took off from work during the recovery phase as well). Walking is very frustrating and tiring and just plain horrible. Something so basic and so necessary...totally ruined.

Make no mistake, the worst part of LL is not the pain or lack of sleep (because those things eventually end, and pretty quickly)...it is by far the f*cking recovery phase. You're no longer enjoying the "magic" of getting taller, but you still can't enjoy your new height at all and you're basically a self-inflicted cripple. It royally blows. And I gotta get back to the office soon (even though they're telling me to take all the time I need, that's not how I feel).

Whatever...one day at a time...

Uppland

« Reply #514 on: April 08, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »

Have you been in touch with other femur patients?

They might help give you some perspective on what to expect.

YellowSpike

« Reply #515 on: April 08, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »

Have you been in touch with other femur patients?

They might help give you some perspective on what to expect.

I was under the impression that walking normally wouldn't take 5 years for femurs. I thought it would be a little faster than this. I've read many femur diaries, and it didn't seem to take this long. But they also probably had more time. I clearly underestimated how hard this would be based on those diaries.

Based on what a few have said, the only way is to just walk myself into the ground. Have to basically ignore the pain and embarrassment I guess.

Uppland

« Reply #516 on: April 08, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »

Is the pain normal then, what does your doctor think?

YellowSpike

« Reply #517 on: April 08, 2015, 01:15:07 PM »

Is the pain normal then, what does your doctor think?

The pain is normal, and I don't even care about the pain. I just want to f*cking walk normally again.

I wrote him today asking what I have to do to walk normally again. I'm not sure if I should be focusing on not waddling when I walk (which is harder and more tiring) or just walk a lot regardless of how bad it looks. Very, very frustrating...

crimsontide

« Reply #518 on: April 08, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »

yellowsoike,

you complain too much... you had the surgery in dec...  you wont be anle to walk normally until maybe dec.. look at what most other people say

not sure why you thought youd be ok by now

rgkey says hes still not 100%

my russian friend had surgery  sept 2013.. hes ok now but says hes not 100% either

YellowSpike

« Reply #519 on: April 08, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »

Yeah I know - it was my mistake to underestimate the recovery. I read diaries like from OBG, ShyShy and ChrisIsaak (all internal femurs, RGKEY is tibias so can't compare apples to oranges), and they all seemed to walk pretty quickly.

Clearly LL is very individual and I made the mistake of relying on the diaries. I hope others don't do that. Don't assume you will be like anyone else, chances are you won't.

Anyway, I think I'm going to stop posting here for a good while and just not say anything until I've recovered (if that ever happens). I don't see any other point in being on here anymore.

crimsontide

« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2015, 01:35:42 PM »

i used to read the diaries too... people seemed to be recovering quickly

after i get the surgery... all i hear( and experience) is that it takes 15 months or so to get back to normal

i think this timeline turns out to be more realistic..... it takes a while.. but it happens

Uppland

« Reply #521 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »

Yeah I know - it was my mistake to underestimate the recovery. I read diaries like from OBG, ShyShy and ChrisIsaak (all internal femurs, RGKEY is tibias so can't compare apples to oranges), and they all seemed to walk pretty quickly.

Clearly LL is very individual and I made the mistake of relying on the diaries. I hope others don't do that. Don't assume you will be like anyone else, chances are you won't.

Anyway, I think I'm going to stop posting here for a good while and just not say anything until I've recovered (if that ever happens). I don't see any other point in being on here anymore.

At this poin you're here for two reasons: first and foremost you need us for support and advice seeing as you have no contact with others who share your experience, second we need you to give us further insight into how the recovery process might pan out, how long it takes, what it looks like etc.

I would be very dissapointed and, quite frankly, let down if you left now.

crimsontide

« Reply #522 on: April 08, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »

this quote

"Walking is very frustrating and tiring and just plain horrible. Something so basic and so necessary...totally ruined. "

its the same for all of us... walking  should be something we do without thinking... but while recovering, it's definitely a workout..... eventually its supposed to be ok... everyone seems to go through this

YellowSpike

« Reply #523 on: April 08, 2015, 03:08:22 PM »

At this poin you're here for two reasons: first and foremost you need us for support and advice seeing as you have no contact with others who share your experience, second we need you to give us further insight into how the recovery process might pan out, how long it takes, what it looks like etc.

I would be very dissapointed and, quite frankly, let down if you left now.

Thanks pal. Don't worry, I fully intend to let everyone know when I actually recover. I just know that my posts now tend to sound negative, as I'm basically home all day alone with this issue (I work from home every day). Yeah, I still go out, but really can't have much of a social or dating life yet (well, except for that one girl I had over recently). I'm not a negative person as my posts may seem. I guess it's just harder than I expected, what can I say.

One positive thing - doing the bike with higher resistance seems to help. I'm walking around my apartment now, and I'm waddling a bit less (though walking is still quite an effort, and a bit painful at times). I will definitely be biking more on higher resistance in the coming days and weeks.

Uppland

« Reply #524 on: April 08, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »

Why don't you make a video and show us what it looks like, surely it can't be that bad?

Also, have you still got your "duckass", or is it gone by now?

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #525 on: April 08, 2015, 03:19:55 PM »

Thanks pal. Don't worry, I fully intend to let everyone know when I actually recover. I just know that my posts now tend to sound negative, as I'm basically home all day alone with this issue (I work from home every day). Yeah, I still go out, but really can't have much of a social or dating life yet (well, except for that one girl I had over recently). I'm not a negative person as my posts may seem. I guess it's just harder than I expected, what can I say.

One positive thing - doing the bike with higher resistance seems to help. I'm walking around my apartment now, and I'm waddling a bit less (though walking is still quite an effort, and a bit painful at times). I will definitely be biking more on higher resistance in the coming days and weeks.

HI YS
Please Keep update
You know what
your recovery is good
some people still cant walk at the same time as you
You started walking so early compare with others
I know it hard and frustrating
but keep update to inspire all of us
all of your story benefit all of us

YellowSpike

« Reply #526 on: April 08, 2015, 03:45:09 PM »

I'll make a video of my walking in a few weeks. I'd like it to improve a bit before then.

I think my duckass has improved a bit (maybe?), but it's still there. It's probably roughly the same. When I lay down on a flat surface or back against the wall, I can still feel it's there. I feel like the more correct term for it now would be anterior pelvic tilt (makes me look like I have a belly). Wonder if it's hiding a few mm of height...

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32   Go Up