Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352773 times)

Joel

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #620 on: May 20, 2015, 10:39:09 PM »

Not necessarily in peoples' behavior have I noticed a difference...

...but it feels AWESOME. All those who were against the surgery are now commending me for it (not that I cared either way, I still went and did it). Two girls I used to hook up with before LL couldn't get over it. One was exactly my height before, now I'm the same height as her even in heels (with me barefoot), taller than her in my sneakers. She said what I did was "awesome and super ballsy." I can comfortably stand around in Starbucks and I'm taller than most girls, and even taller than some guys now (both of which I definitely couldn't say before). I also feel like I get more overtly checked out by women (maybe it's my increase in confidence or my still semi-funny walking lol).

I just can't wait to officially get back to my routine, shouldn't be too long now I wouldn't think.
5'8 FTW :D
5'5 manlet of peace

G-Man

« Reply #621 on: May 21, 2015, 12:43:50 AM »

Awesome man!  We hear a lot about LL itself, pain and long recoveries but not so much about the positive side.  Feel free to cover that aspect and I invite all llers to do the same.  It'll be greatly appreciated thanks!

YellowSpike

« Reply #622 on: May 21, 2015, 02:02:42 AM »

Awesome man!  We hear a lot about LL itself, pain and long recoveries but not so much about the positive side.  Feel free to cover that aspect and I invite all llers to do the same.  It'll be greatly appreciated thanks!

I mean, I've re-read my own diary once or twice. There are more than a few posts that I kinda cringe at...but the pain was very bad at times. I mean, LL is painful no matter what...don't let anyone sugarcoat that. Not to mention the fact that not only are you in a lot of pain throughout the process...you start to genuinely worry about the pain in that you think "oh man, hope this pain isn't indicative of complications." At least, I worried about that at times. Not to mention you are completely out of your normal routine and can't do much on your own.

But the good news is that (even though I still have some very mild pain occasionally) the pain and drama eventually end...and that the height is very much worth it. At this point, even not fully recovered (my walking is decent, stamina needs work, I'd say an average recovery at 5 months out for 7cm), my only regret is not doing this sooner. I wasted 7 months going back and forth if I was gonna do it or not.

I don't know what the future holds in terms of more LL, but I feel a lot better about myself now, and certainly much more attractive. I personally feel that height neurosis (whether you're objectively short or the shortest out of your brothers/friends, etc.) is not something that goes away on its own, and will always boomerang back (even with all the therapy/gym sessions/positive thinking in the world). So I'm glad I did it.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #623 on: May 21, 2015, 04:26:26 AM »

I mean, I've re-read my own diary once or twice. There are more than a few posts that I kinda cringe at...but the pain was very bad at times. I mean, LL is painful no matter what...don't let anyone sugarcoat that. Not to mention the fact that not only are you in a lot of pain throughout the process...you start to genuinely worry about the pain in that you think "oh man, hope this pain isn't indicative of complications." At least, I worried about that at times. Not to mention you are completely out of your normal routine and can't do much on your own.

But the good news is that (even though I still have some very mild pain occasionally) the pain and drama eventually end...and that the height is very much worth it. At this point, even not fully recovered (my walking is decent, stamina needs work, I'd say an average recovery at 5 months out for 7cm), my only regret is not doing this sooner. I wasted 7 months going back and forth if I was gonna do it or not.

I don't know what the future holds in terms of more LL, but I feel a lot better about myself now, and certainly much more attractive. I personally feel that height neurosis (whether you're objectively short or the shortest out of your brothers/friends, etc.) is not something that goes away on its own, and will always boomerang back (even with all the therapy/gym sessions/positive thinking in the world). So I'm glad I did it.
Hi Yellowspike Congratulation
Is it important to do any work out to do for whole lifetime that suggest from Dr g to yoy?

alps

« Reply #624 on: May 21, 2015, 09:10:54 AM »

I personally feel that height neurosis (whether you're objectively short or the shortest out of your brothers/friends, etc.) is not something that goes away on its own, and will always boomerang back (even with all the therapy/gym sessions/positive thinking in the world). So I'm glad I did it.
this.

Joel

« Reply #625 on: May 21, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »

That's good Yellow in shoes remember your 5'9.5 :O...
5'5 manlet of peace

YellowSpike

« Reply #626 on: May 21, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »

Hi Yellowspike Congratulation
Is it important to do any work out to do for whole lifetime that suggest from Dr g to yoy?

Do you mean after the surgery/recovery? Not that I know of, but fitness is an important part of my life regardless. I expect to be back to the gym soon, so I will be doing the elliptical/stairmaster for cardio, and resume weight training for upper body (but not free weights for now). Legs, I'm hoping to be able to start light weights for them again soon, need to build by quads and ass back up lol

That's good Yellow in shoes remember your 5'9.5 :O...

Meh...depends on the shoes I'm wearing. I'm probably around 5'9" in most shoes, in some sneakers (like my Nike Airmax), I'm probably 5'9.5") .

Uppland

« Reply #627 on: May 21, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »

Im also a swede...and the way I see it your best options for femur is this:
1. Dr jamal in ukraine approx. 300 000 kr
2. Dr Brikholz in South africa approx 400 000 kr
3. Dr Betz in germany approx  550 000 kr
4. Dr Guichet in milan/London  approx 650 000 kr

650 000 kr, är du säker?

Också, hur lång är du?

@Yellowspike you're doing great mate I'm sure you'll recover just fine. Overall your surgery and lengthening seemed to go really well, without any complications and all that.

YellowSpike

« Reply #628 on: May 21, 2015, 07:42:20 PM »

Thanks Scrooge McDuck. Yes...I definitely count my blessings to have not had any complications so far. And I think my recovery for 5 months post op for 7cm is pretty good (although far from epic like Shy was). I sometimes get annoyed that I had to stop when I did, but that might have helped recovery a bit. The only thing I think I could have done differently was to walk more right after clicking ended. The weather was so bad at the time that I was just really afraid to try walking outside. That may have saved me a few weeks in terms of recovery, but live and learn.

Probably gonna try the gym this weekend. I'm gonna do the elliptical (want to lose some body fat that I picked up during LL), and also will try weight machines (I won't do free weights just yet).

chsn

« Reply #629 on: May 22, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »

650 000 kr, är du säker?

Också, hur lång är du?

@Yellowspike you're doing great mate I'm sure you'll recover just fine. Overall your surgery and lengthening seemed to go really well, without any complications and all that.

Jag är 1.65 kort:/..sj da?...what is your plan then Uppland? Vet du vilken kirurg du vill göra ingreppet med?

I believe it would be 650 000 kr if surgery is done in Milan. 45 000 euro (surgery)+10 000 euro (2 months physio) +10 000(other costs like xray, etc), this was the price in 2014 i believe, maybe the price has gone up now.  If surgery is done in London, the price would be apprx 750 000 kr. 

And yellowspike, all creds to you for sill commenting in this diary and keeping us informed, you`re a true hero dude!

Uppland

« Reply #630 on: May 23, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

Yellowspike is the boss.

@chsn I'm 178-9CM

YellowSpike

« Reply #631 on: May 23, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »

lol I am very far from being a "hero" or "the boss" lol but I'm glad to hear some of you guys appreciate my diary. I think my diary is kinda a mess at times. But then again...LL is brutal, physical and emotionally. So I guess it's good for people to see that.

I finally got to resume the gym today. Dr. G still hasn't cleared me for leg workouts yet (but I think he will when I send him new X-rays this week, pretty sure both legs are fused now), so I did a full upper body workout just to get my feet wet. My size looks about the same, but I lost a little bit of strength. No biggie because I tend to put on muscle very quickly. It was really nice being back, and no one seems to stare at my walking anymore. I feel like my walking is very, very close to normal at this point. It's amazing how fast it's improved the past few weeks from serious walking. I wish I was more serious about walking earlier on, but now I know for the future.

And it was cool to be slightly bigger than or the same size as some of my gym buddies who used to be taller. They were all like "where the hell have you been?" I just said "Oh, I had a back injury, so couldn't come for a while." No one batted an eye, although one of the shorter guys (I'm guessing 5'4"?) was kinda looking at me funny lol.

I don't care....I love it.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #632 on: May 23, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »

lol I am very far from being a "hero" or "the boss" lol but I'm glad to hear some of you guys appreciate my diary. I think my diary is kinda a mess at times. But then again...LL is brutal, physical and emotionally. So I guess it's good for people to see that.

I finally got to resume the gym today. Dr. G still hasn't cleared me for leg workouts yet (but I think he will when I send him new X-rays this week, pretty sure both legs are fused now), so I did a full upper body workout just to get my feet wet. My size looks about the same, but I lost a little bit of strength. No biggie because I tend to put on muscle very quickly. It was really nice being back, and no one seems to stare at my walking anymore. I feel like my walking is very, very close to normal at this point. It's amazing how fast it's improved the past few weeks from serious walking. I wish I was more serious about walking earlier on, but now I know for the future.

And it was cool to be slightly bigger than or the same size as some of my gym buddies who used to be taller. They were all like "where the hell have you been?" I just said "Oh, I had a back injury, so couldn't come for a while." No one batted an eye, although one of the shorter guys (I'm guessing 5'4"?) was kinda looking at me funny lol.

I don't care....I love it.
Glad to hear that.
Now ll pain was your distance memoru

YellowSpike

« Reply #633 on: May 23, 2015, 06:03:52 PM »

Glad to hear that.
Now ll pain was your distance memoru

The only pain I have now (be warned if you guys go with Dr. G) is slight hip pain thanks to the HUGE screws he uses. It's not as bad as it was...but if I didn't have a memory foam mattress, I'm not sure I could sleep on my side. I can because I have a Tempur Pedic mattress.

For me personally, even as I slowly get back to my normal, the only issue remaining is that I don't feel 100% closure just yet. Perhaps it will come down the road (new job, new women, etc.), or perhaps I will do that last inch next year (strongly leaning towards it at the moment). I feel at this point, an inch more I could do in my sleep lol. My proportions now look great...I frankly don't care much if my femurs will appear long. Even as an LL patient, I don't look at/notice other peoples' proportions lol

Caribe

• Visitor
« Reply #634 on: May 27, 2015, 02:16:53 AM »

Hello Yellowspike

I did LL with Dr G in Milan first week of July 2014 , Stayed there for 6 weeks until I reached Aprox 5,5 cms Then I Had to go back to my home country because of work. Looking back I can say I had a pretty much smooth journey. Maybe because I wanted this so much.. that I putted all my effort to  success. My only complain was this numb/burning skin sensation I developed in the lateral side of my right leg.. which is not completely gone but I got used to. When reading part of your Experience I remember the weeks right after Lengthening phase were very annoying because you are pretty much disabled and don't see much improvement on your condition as the days go by..But suddenly you begin to get normal again.. It took me about 1 month after Lenghthening to go back to work walking funny but unaided. I walk almost normal now, as many  ex-LL state explosiveness is lost for good…I can Jogg 1 or 2 miles and dance with no problem. Consider Im not very sporty guy. My actual height is about 172.5-173. I feel much better in every aspect of my life. this really cure me of Height neurosis. But as you I have the feeling Im not over with this yet, considering I have the potential  in the nail for a couple of cms that theoreticaly can be reached easily. Maybe we can get in touch with Dr G to inquire him about the details and his requirements  to do the 2nd Femur Lenghthening.

Cheers!

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #635 on: May 27, 2015, 02:23:06 AM »

Hello Yellowspike

I did LL with Dr G in Milan first week of July 2014 , Stayed there for 6 weeks until I reached Aprox 5,5 cms Then I Had to go back to my home country because of work. Looking back I can say I had a pretty much smooth journey. Maybe because I wanted this so much.. that I putted all my effort to  success. My only complain was this numb/burning skin sensation I developed in the lateral side of my right leg.. which is not completely gone but I got used to. When reading part of your Experience I remember the weeks right after Lengthening phase were very annoying because you are pretty much disabled and don't see much improvement on your condition as the days go by..But suddenly you begin to get normal again.. It took me about 1 month after Lenghthening to go back to work walking funny but unaided. I walk almost normal now, as many  ex-LL state explosiveness is lost for good…I can Jogg 1 or 2 miles and dance with no problem. Consider Im not very sporty guy. My actual height is about 172.5-173. I feel much better in every aspect of my life. this really cure me of Height neurosis. But as you I have the feeling Im not over with this yet, considering I have the potential  in the nail for a couple of cms that theoreticaly can be reached easily. Maybe we can get in touch with Dr G to inquire him about the details and his requirements  to do the 2nd Femur Lenghthening.

Cheers!
What is  your  lengthend amount?
5.5 and done?
My goal is 6 cm to reach 183 cm
I hope i will have a smooth journey as same as u
And ur right leg problen
Do you think it will gone or not?

Caribe

• Visitor
« Reply #636 on: May 27, 2015, 02:48:07 AM »

Hello Goodlucktomylegs!

My dream height was 1,76 or 1,77. Due to time I knew I could reach at most 7 cm  (1,74) cm as Shy Shy did. In my initial plan I had only 6 weeks to lengthen and then a couple of more weeks to cure enough to be able to go to work.
By the time I reached 5 cm which was my minimum acceptable I begun to face the situation of clicking less and growing fewer mm per day than at the beginning of LL, and when I was back to my country i was stressed by the Idea of not consolidation since my first X-ray by that time showed less consolidation in comparison with other LL fellows. So decided to stop  at about 5,5 cm and heal.. moreover I felt I had reached a respectable height everyone in my circle noticed it and I was denying this keeping it as a secret..
1,72 - 1,73 is not bad but I get greedy knowing I have the potential for more. Reaching 1,75-176 is an idea I have to reach a dream but it is not a must as it was the 1st op.

Have a great journey Goodluck!

YellowSpike

« Reply #637 on: May 27, 2015, 03:11:19 AM »

Hello Goodlucktomylegs!

My dream height was 1,76 or 1,77. Due to time I knew I could reach at most 7 cm  (1,74) cm as Shy Shy did. In my initial plan I had only 6 weeks to lengthen and then a couple of more weeks to cure enough to be able to go to work.
By the time I reached 5 cm which was my minimum acceptable I begun to face the situation of clicking less and growing fewer mm per day than at the beginning of LL, and when I was back to my country i was stressed by the Idea of not consolidation since my first X-ray by that time showed less consolidation in comparison with other LL fellows. So decided to stop  at about 5,5 cm and heal.. moreover I felt I had reached a respectable height everyone in my circle noticed it and I was denying this keeping it as a secret..
1,72 - 1,73 is not bad but I get greedy knowing I have the potential for more. Reaching 1,75-176 is an idea I have to reach a dream but it is not a must as it was the 1st op.

Have a great journey Goodluck!

I know how you feel Caribe. I think you must've had a better starting height than I did to get to 172.5-173 with only 5.5cm on lengthening. I killed myself to get to around 7cm. My low evening height so far seems to be around 172.4cm (at night, after walking/going to the gym). In the morning, I'm around 174.7 (close to 5'9"). And I still have duckass, too. I was also heavily inspired by ShyShy, who I know did about 7.5cm. But my consolidation wasn't great, particularly with my left leg, and the pain was starting to get REALLY bad on my left leg. So, I had to stop at 7cm. It is what it is. ShyShy like stories are actually very rare, and he is NOT the norm. He is very lucky to have done as well as he did (lengthening and recovery wise).

I have to be careful with my proportions at this point. They look great now...but another inch for me is pushing it (in terms of femur/tibia proportions), though I think it would still look ok. I want to do another inch, but just need to figure out how to get more time off. I'm going to look into this next year and possibly do it next summer. Recovery is going ok right now. My walking is getting better, my stamina is pretty good, but my hips sway a bit. I think it's due to weak gluteus medius, which I have been working on. I've been doing all that I can.

Uppland

« Reply #638 on: May 27, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »

Caribe could you tell us a little bit about your loss of explosivness?

Also, do you feel like you still have potential to improving or is this as good as you're going to get?

sadboy

« Reply #639 on: May 27, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »

I'm glad everything is going well Yellowspike! I haven't been here on this site for quite a while since it depresses me...

Either way, how are your legs and ass going? Are they starting to ''fill in'', getting their shape?

YellowSpike

« Reply #640 on: May 27, 2015, 07:07:16 PM »

I'm glad everything is going well Yellowspike! I haven't been here on this site for quite a while since it depresses me...

Either way, how are your legs and ass going? Are they starting to ''fill in'', getting their shape?

Yeah I think I'm going to be dropping off soon myself. I'm kind of tired of site, but at the same time, it's helped me in some ways. And I guess I want to help others if I can. If I do a sequel next year (for that last inch), I will be on here talking about it lol

Legs and ass still need a lot of work. I haven't been cleared to do weight training on my legs just yet, but I'm sure that will change very soon. Just need to get another set of x-rays. The main issue right now that I need to resolve is the hip swaying. So at the gym the last few days, I've been trying to focus on stretching the hip flexors, strengthen the gluteus medius, and also strengthen the glutes. Once I can do weight training, I plan to attack the glute muscles, need my ass back pronto. It used to be so nice...(tear).

Morgenst.

« Reply #641 on: May 27, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »

Any definite reason for your hip issue yellowspike? I didnt read on the Dr description if Dr G. out the G nail through the hip or not.

YellowSpike

« Reply #642 on: May 27, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »

Any definite reason for your hip issue yellowspike? I didnt read on the Dr description if Dr G. out the G nail through the hip or not.

I believe the hip swaying is due to a combination of hip flexor tightness and weak muscles (I believe the gluteus medius). Dr. G said it will resolve with time, and I'm not too worried about it.

As for the hip pain that I still have (and it's still bad with certain exercises I've been doing)...that's due to the huge screws he uses. Sometimes they extend through the bone into your muscle. Dr. G said the body eventually adapts by building an internal "callous (?)" around the screw, thus stopping the pain.

sadboy

« Reply #643 on: May 28, 2015, 10:55:15 AM »

Yeah I think I'm going to be dropping off soon myself. I'm kind of tired of site, but at the same time, it's helped me in some ways. And I guess I want to help others if I can. If I do a sequel next year (for that last inch), I will be on here talking about it lol

Legs and ass still need a lot of work. I haven't been cleared to do weight training on my legs just yet, but I'm sure that will change very soon. Just need to get another set of x-rays. The main issue right now that I need to resolve is the hip swaying. So at the gym the last few days, I've been trying to focus on stretching the hip flexors, strengthen the gluteus medius, and also strengthen the glutes. Once I can do weight training, I plan to attack the glute muscles, need my ass back pronto. It used to be so nice...(tear).

Oh no... This is not good news for me lol, I am a VERY impatient person. I get compliments for my body and ass and how ironic, I will lose it... Gain something (height) and lose something else... I hate this...

I am the type of guy who wants to work hard and gain what I want, but the fact that I won't be able to go to the gym will make me nuts haha

YellowSpike

« Reply #644 on: May 28, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »

If you are not a patient person, then LL is NOT for you.

sadboy

« Reply #645 on: May 28, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »

If you are not a patient person, then LL is NOT for you.

I will still do LL... It will change my life so I will sacrifice my "patience".

maximize

« Reply #646 on: May 28, 2015, 05:40:35 PM »

The only reason I'm seriously considering this is because I think since the rods are already inside, surgery should be less invasive, and it should be a faster recovery for only 1 inch. And as you said, 5'8" and above is fine...but my evening height is like 5'8" on the dot, maybe a tad over. That's what scares me. Is a girl going to not be interested in me if I were 2mm below 5'8"? No, of course not. I just don't want to ever measure below it. I guess it's a phobia at this point.

I'll likely never be fully satisfied with my height (whatever height I may end up at, unless I were like 5'10"+, probably not going to happen, which is fine)...and I'll probably never do a tibia LL, because I don't want to mess with them or do another full blown LL. But if I can get one more inch fairly easily and quickly from maxing out the Gnail...why not? I think I'd feel some more closure too, from the knowledge that I maxed out the Gnail (even though it would have taken two surgeries to do).

Tibias just aren't for me I don't think.

Keep in mind if you still have duck ass, that's part of the reason you'll measure low by the end of the day. Give it time. Don't stress right now. Just enjoy the gains you made and look forward to getting back to life. You'll have plenty of time to decide once you've tried out your new legs a bit more.

Caribe

• Visitor
« Reply #647 on: May 28, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »

Caribe could you tell us a little bit about your loss of explosivness?

Also, do you feel like you still have potential to improving or is this as good as you're going to get?

Hello Uppland

It is hard for me to sprint from a standing still position and run fast.. I think it is because muscles in some way loose the ability to coordinate... Remember all soft tissues around the femur are overextended and the muscles below your knees stay the same..I guess its a condition you  might overcome with  time or with lots of  kinesiotherapy..

YellowSpike

« Reply #648 on: May 28, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »

Keep in mind if you still have duck ass, that's part of the reason you'll measure low by the end of the day. Give it time. Don't stress right now. Just enjoy the gains you made and look forward to getting back to life. You'll have plenty of time to decide once you've tried out your new legs a bit more.

Appreciate it bud. I'm more or less happy with the result. And I feel much closer to average, even though I'm still obviously under average. Maybe the duckass will help a bit, but I'm not counting on it at all. I have more than a year to decide if I want that last inch. This one's tough. This is such a long, hard and frustrating process, where I don't know if I could face it again. However, if it will be significantly easier and faster (including the recovery period) for that last inch, I might have to do it for full closure on this. I've suffered too much because of my height to go on not being completely satisfied with it. Shrinking slightly below 5'8" at night (not on all days, though) is just very annoying to me. Perhaps I'll learn to live with it, perhaps not. We will see. I take my life one day at a time.

Hello Uppland

It is hard for me to sprint from a standing still position and run fast.. I think it is because muscles in some way loose the ability to coordinate... Remember all soft tissues around the femur are overextended and the muscles below your knees stay the same..I guess its a condition you  might overcome with  time or with lots of  kinesiotherapy..

I have some knee numbness in my left knee when I kneel. I feel it during doggystyle and doing lunges, for instance. It's annoying...hoping it goes away with time. If not, I think it's something I can live with, relatively minor.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #649 on: May 28, 2015, 08:42:35 PM »

Hey Yellowspike,
I've seen the pictures you've posted and proportionwise they look completly normal to me. I know you had longer tibias compared to your femurs by around 5% if I remember correctly. Do you know what exact length your segments had before LL in mm.
Keep us updates
Cheers!

clarence

• Visitor
« Reply #650 on: May 29, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »

Oh I mistakenly thought you were going for tibias! Another inch next year would be heroic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Up