Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 353712 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #744 on: August 11, 2015, 12:17:10 AM »

If I were you I'd do tibs for better biomechanics, even tho it really sux since you have all the proper gear already in your femurs to lengthen more.  If you can lengthen your tibs to match your pre-ll ratios that would be ideal but any amount will help alleviate the difference.
Also you can lengthen a bit more than what's left in the nail, every cm counts!

Thanks man. Yeah, that's the dilemma...a bit more on femurs would be much faster and cheaper and less traumatic (hardware is already there, like you said). But yea, tibias would be ideal. We'll see. I just accepted a new job, so I wouldn't be able to do another LL for at least another year. Femurs I know I could pull off faster, but proportions worry me, even though Dr. G is insisting 2-3cm more won't make my proportions terrible (they're fine now, though a tad borderline)

lumiere

« Reply #745 on: August 11, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »

Yelowspike, could you post a picture of yourself as you are now?

lumiere

« Reply #746 on: August 11, 2015, 02:02:51 PM »

Yelowspike, could you post a picture of yourself as you are now?
Oh sorry, I just saw that you already posted it in past :)

sadboy

« Reply #747 on: August 11, 2015, 02:48:59 PM »

Sweden! I'm honored to have you post in my diary man!

Yeah...I'm very torn with where I'm going next. Dr. Guichet has been insisting that I could do 2-3cm more, but I have my doubts. He sent me a picture of a patient who apparently went started from 162 and did I think like 16 or 18cm in just femurs!!!! In clothes he actually looked ok! But nked, or kneeling, who the hell knows. And I just landed a new job, so who knows where I can do round 2.

5'8" is ok...much friggin better than where I was, that's for damn sure. But...I'm always wanting more and wanting to improve. I feel like if I did tibias, I'd have that feeling of "I've officially done ALL that I could on the height issue." Not that that means I OUGHT to do LL for solely that reason, but I think you get what I mean.

Yeah...heading to the gym to work on the duckass right now. Stiff leg deadlifts, here I come lol

A guy who was 1,62 did 18 cms?? Now he is 1,80 (5'11") that is crazy!! Did you see him with his boxers or was he covering his whole body? And what type of clothing was he wearing? Maybe his shirt was too long an it made his torso appear bigger?

Maybe the guy had really short femurs, to begin with, but still... 18cms is crazy! I still don't blame the guy though :p

crimsontide

« Reply #748 on: August 11, 2015, 11:51:28 PM »

dont your hands, since theyre on the ground, take away some of the stress?

Appreciate it bud. I'm more or less happy with the result. And I feel much closer to average, even though I'm still obviously under average. Maybe the duckass will help a bit, but I'm not counting on it at all. I have more than a year to decide if I want that last inch. This one's tough. This is such a long, hard and frustrating process, where I don't know if I could face it again. However, if it will be significantly easier and faster (including the recovery period) for that last inch, I might have to do it for full closure on this. I've suffered too much because of my height to go on not being completely satisfied with it. Shrinking slightly below 5'8" at night (not on all days, though) is just very annoying to me. Perhaps I'll learn to live with it, perhaps not. We will see. I take my life one day at a time.

I have some knee numbness in my left knee when I kneel. I feel it during doggystyle and doing lunges, for instance. It's annoying...hoping it goes away with time. If not, I think it's something I can live with, relatively minor.

YellowSpike

« Reply #749 on: August 12, 2015, 01:02:21 AM »

dont your hands, since theyre on the ground, take away some of the stress?

Nicely played crimsontide. Nicely played!

crimsontide

« Reply #750 on: August 12, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »

:)

YellowSpike

« Reply #751 on: August 13, 2015, 05:58:48 PM »

Ran into a friend of mine today during lunch. He knew about the surgery, but we hadn't seen each other since I've been back. I believe he is 5'9" (or I know he claims between 5'9 and 5'10), and we were about eye level (maybe he edged me out a small bit, but we were eye level when talking). We were wearing very similar footwear (I always check this now, kinda sad). He said "wow...the difference is HUGE man!"  As we say on the BB forums...feelsgoodman.jpg :)

Just need to fix this duckass and remaining hip swaying. I'm working on it.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #752 on: August 14, 2015, 12:39:33 PM »

Hey yellow Spike,  when you did your LL with Guichet, was it in Milan or London? I'm thinking he operates a lot in Milan, it's no problem except it would be a challenge finding living quarters for 4-5 months (7.5 cm) in Milan and bartering with an old Italian person for rent prices and such lol.
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

chsn

« Reply #753 on: August 14, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »

Yellowspike, do u feel like you have gotten x-legs from the G-nail? What I understand the G-nail does not lengthen over the mechanic axis...Did Dr. Guichet ever mention a possibility of misalignment before your surgery?

alps

« Reply #754 on: August 15, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »

Yellowspike, do u feel like you have gotten x-legs from the G-nail? What I understand the G-nail does not lengthen over the mechanic axis...Did Dr. Guichet ever mention a possibility of misalignment before your surgery?

what? I thought all internal nails lengthened along the same axis. Unless some nails have curvature and some don't, that should hold.

Joel

« Reply #755 on: October 01, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »

How is everything doing now bro?   Have not heard from you in a while, hope all is well enjoying the new height? :D
5'5 manlet of peace

Samuimw

« Reply #756 on: October 02, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »

Just need to fix this duckass and remaining hip swaying. I'm working on it.
By saying duckass , do you mean ballerina foot?

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #757 on: October 04, 2015, 08:08:47 AM »

No. Duckass is you are standing and your ass post backward like donald duck

YellowSpike

« Reply #758 on: October 08, 2015, 02:12:22 AM »

I've been trying to avoid this site like the plague because it really does me a lot more harm than good. I won't get into it (I'm sure you can figure it out, not hard, read my previous posts), but I'm still really struggling with my height neurosis. I feel like I'm on the cusp of average...but not being average really kills me. I don't feel like I failed at this (as much as I used to), but a second LL is certainly in my future. Dr. Guichet told me he would not do tibias on me because my consolidation wasn't exactly fast (he said femurs are a good indicator of how tibias will go). And since I trust Dr. Guichet with my life (I'm glad I chose a very stern and conservative doctor)...he said my only options for more height are via femurs (either do the remaining 3cm on my current rods, or put in new rods and do even more). For proportion purposes, I'll do an inch more to 5'9" and call it a day. I feel like I come across so many men who just barely edge me out (5'9-5'10 range), and that is the range I want to be in. 5'9" might be a tiny bit below average, but I feel like 5'9" is mostly a "safe" height, and I really think I'll be happy then (since tibias really aren't an option for me due to time/risk reasons).

As far as my recovery, I'm doing fine. To be honest, haven't tried to run yet, but I will at some point. Also need to get more x-rays soon. Have been taking Bone-Up and I think it's working well. My left leg had been taking longer to consolidate, so hopefully it's caught up or catching up (it feels as strong as my right leg now, almost no pain in either leg anymore).

Remaining issues:
- Due to tight hip flexors (which I've been working on) and weak gluteus medius muscles, I still have a tad of hip sway when I walk. But sometimes my walking is entirely normal (when I'm stretched). When I sit for a while and my hip flexors get tight is when I run into trouble.
- Pain in my left glute when flexing it. This is due to the screw in that area, and this should go away once the rods come out.
- Overall flexibility needs work (quads, hip flexors mainly), but improving. Will keep working on this.

Good news:
- Scary pain in my left leg (that I had since the end of clicking until about 6 weeks ago) is finally gone
- Have been able to do weight training on my legs no problem (not extremely high weight of course, but solid numbers)
- Quads/ass are filling in nicely. I have a shape again and have gotten recent compliments on my legs and ass ;)
- Duckass is almost gone, but I think still there a bit (the only remaining "symptom" of this is lower back pain, but only occasionally)

So there you have it. This site is like poison to me, so I won't be on here (or updating/responding to emails) nearly as often. This site makes me feel terrible, to be honest (although I would feel the same regardless, this site just makes it worse). So I hope this update helps.

Alu

« Reply #759 on: October 08, 2015, 02:28:45 AM »

Yellow if I may add:

I know you want to do more to become sort of average, but don't you think you might be pushing it a bit now. I know the desire to become average/taller, but considering what you're planning on doing (that is if I read correctly) to go an extra 2.4 cm on your femurs, I don't think it sounds safe. Provided the one guy called Andrew managed to successfully reach 9 CM on his femurs, I wouldn't push it that much honestly. I have no real room to judge, nor am I, I'd just stick to using some Nike Air Maxs for most of the time. But if you ultimately decided to continue at least I can give you credit for being reasonable enough not to push yourself into another surgery.

YellowSpike

« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2015, 02:31:47 AM »

To clarify to those not familiar with my story: I did 7cm and was then told by Dr. Guichet to stop. So I did...but next summer/fall (probably fall, so I can enjoy next summer), I'm going to do a femur re-break and do the final 2.5cm. Per Dr. G, after almost 2 year's rest (allowing consolidation and soft tissue to recovery, along with strength and flexibility), another inch shouldn't be too hard.

crimsontide

« Reply #761 on: October 08, 2015, 02:47:09 AM »

alu is right

if you want 2 more cm... just wear bigger than normal shoes

you havent full recovered yet from the first surgery

i think its a big mistake to break both femurs for 2 more cm...

enjoy life... your issue is psychological now..

YellowSpike

« Reply #762 on: October 08, 2015, 02:53:50 AM »

I'm willing to concede that it's at least partially psychological and I am in therapy.

But I'm still short and just below average. I don't want to be thought of as a short guy all the time and want a bit more to get as close as I can to average. If I were 5'10 I'd agree it's all psychological, but I'm still short and can't accept that.

Anyway, that's my update. I'm out. Not saying that you were doing this but if people want to keep posting in my diary and forming opinions of me and my choices that's totally fine. Eff it. But this site isn't good for me, so won't be on here a lot. Won't be posting here or answering PMs much if at all.

Uppland

« Reply #763 on: October 08, 2015, 02:57:52 AM »

I'm willing to concede that it's at least partially psychological and I am in therapy.

But I'm still short and just below average. I don't want to be thought of as a short guy all the time and want a bit more to get as close as I can to average. If I were 5,10 id agree it's all psychological, but I'm still short and can't accept that.

Anyway, that's my update. I'm out. Not saying that you were doing this but if people want to keep posting in my diary and forming opinions of me and my choices that's totally fine. Eff it. But this site isn't good for me, so won't be on here a lot. Won't be posting here or answering PMs much if at all.

But won't you at least keep us updated on how you recover?

YellowSpike

« Reply #764 on: October 08, 2015, 03:03:51 AM »

Can't promise anything. Don't even feel the need to update because recovery is slow to the point that noticeable improvements are few and far between at a certain point.

Uppland

« Reply #765 on: October 08, 2015, 03:06:01 AM »

Can't promise anything. Don't even feel the need to update because recovery is slow to the point that noticeable improvements are few and far between at a certain point.

I'm sorry, how long has it been since you stopped clicking, when will you bone be healed?

YellowSpike

« Reply #766 on: October 09, 2015, 12:26:40 AM »

I'm sorry, how long has it been since you stopped clicking, when will you bone be healed?

I finished clicking to 7cm on the February 28th (those last clicks were PAINFUL). I believe my right leg fused in late April or early May (about 2 months), and my left leg took like 3 ish months, maybe a bit more. My left leg has always been my problem leg.

After what happened to PD, I am keeping my rods in quote a bit longer after I do another 2.5cm next year.

Joel

« Reply #767 on: October 14, 2015, 07:55:31 AM »

hows everything going?
5'5 manlet of peace

theuprising

« Reply #768 on: October 15, 2015, 07:40:34 PM »

Hey Yellowspike at what point did you change your mind from only doing 1 LL which you were adamant about the early part of your recovery to determined to go through LL again. What experience changed your mind?

microman

« Reply #769 on: October 16, 2015, 04:28:18 AM »

do you know the bone length of your tibia and femur, i want to know what ratio you have for proportions reasons.

YellowSpike

« Reply #770 on: November 15, 2015, 12:54:43 AM »

I figure since I'm on here, may as well update (even though I'm really not happy because I know I have another f*cking LL in my future)...but ANYWAY...

I feel pretty good! In the past six or so weeks (yes, that recent...far from ShyShy and his super fast recovery, but be warned that HE IS NOT THE NORM, especially if you have other responsibilities to juggle!!! can't stress that enough), I'm now going up and down stairs without holding onto the railing, and my speed of walking is basically normal. Hip swaying is 97% gone, and I only have it a bit still because of the left screw in my left hip is protruding a bit too much. This will go away when the rods or taken out, or I might have Dr. G just fix it (thinking of leaving the rods in longer to be extra safe after what happened to PD). That's really the only pain I have left...my left hip (but it's only when I do certain movements, and doesn't impede my day to day life).

I've been doing weight training, and my legs are starting to look nice and meaty again, and I'm actually in better shape (upper body wise) than I've ever been. I can jog in place and jog a bit, but it still looks a bit funny due to remaining quad/hip flexor tightness (both of which have improved greatly, but still there to a degree).

I know there's always talk of "100% recovery"...I'm not an athlete and was never a huge runner...I like weight training, and I do my cardio by rowing, elliptical, or stairmaster (all of which are easy as pie now). So I guess I think I'll make a "100% recovery," but I'm not an athlete like Sweden is. But I honestly think once the rods come out, I'll feel just like I did before LL.

Too bad I gotta do it again.

Hey Yellowspike at what point did you change your mind from only doing 1 LL which you were adamant about the early part of your recovery to determined to go through LL again. What experience changed your mind?

Because I'm still short. I know so many guys who just barely edge me out (5'9-5'10" range)...I want to be legit average. At that point, I think my height neurosis will be gone. I will not stop until I get to average. I've had the short label my entire life, and do not want it anymore. 5'8" is still short, no matter how anyone tries to sugarcoat it.

do you know the bone length of your tibia and femur, i want to know what ratio you have for proportions reasons.

My pre-LL tibia/femur ratio was 79%. My proportions look totally fine now...and I actually don't think they'd be that horrendous with 2cm added to femurs...but that's no entirely ideal. I think to think it over and talk to Dr. G and Dr. M.

goldenegg

« Reply #771 on: November 16, 2015, 09:10:41 PM »

hey yellowspike,

glad to hear your recovery is going well.  I can't wait until my walking and swaying is close to normal again.  I just started to walk again and I literally look like a zombie haha

just want to let you know that I understand where you're coming from too.  even after lengthening ~8cms with dr. G, I'm still considered short and think about doing my tibias sometimes.  but the thought of going through a second LL just really, really sucks 

theuprising

« Reply #772 on: November 16, 2015, 11:56:13 PM »

Haha you make it sound like you're being forced to have another LL as in someone has a gun to your head. First world problems  :P

YellowSpike

« Reply #773 on: November 17, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

hey yellowspike,

glad to hear your recovery is going well.  I can't wait until my walking and swaying is close to normal again.  I just started to walk again and I literally look like a zombie haha

just want to let you know that I understand where you're coming from too.  even after lengthening ~8cms with dr. G, I'm still considered short and think about doing my tibias sometimes.  but the thought of going through a second LL just really, really sucks

Congrats on getting 8cm! How do your proportions look? Maybe you could send me a picture of your proportions? I wish I could have gone to 8cm, but my left leg was just done at around 7cm. The pain got really bad, consolidation in my left leg wasn't great, and I think the soft tissue (at that time) had reached its limit. Given how long recovery takes (especially the funny walking that results from doing femurs), I'm actually kinda glad I stopped when I did in some ways. 

This is why I'm so conflicted on what to do next. If I had gone to 8cm (Dr. G's average seems to be 7cm, so I got the average gain), my proportions would I think be similar to what they are now. So in my mind, it's like, why not just do another 2cm (1cm I might have gotten the first time, but didn't, so would another cm really kill me proportion-wise?). I just don't know what to do.

I'm really upset about this. I really, really need more height to be happy...but I really truly do not want to go through the nightmare of lengthening tibias (which take millions of years to heal). So even though tibias would be better proportion-wise, I'd only do an inch and a half tops (more like 1-1.25 inches) to keep recovery under a century at least.

F*ck this sh*t man >:(

microman

« Reply #774 on: November 17, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »

so you plan to re-break it for 2cm?

or do tibs for 4.5cm?

i am at 7cm now and may go to 7.5cm, so we are in the same situation, what to do i don't know, seems a lot fo people do 8cm as maximum safety limit but i just don't know.

will be 172 at 7.5cm, but i don't mind wearing some mild lifts.

goldenegg what are your stats, new height etc.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32   Go Up