Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Franz Birkholtz (Pretoria, South Africa)  (Read 285353 times)

4cms

Re: Dr Franz Birkholtz (Pretoria, South Africa)
« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2018, 12:59:45 AM »

complications include leg amputation ???, I done LL in India with Dr  Sarin you know the doctor everyone said is a butcher,  I seen some complications that were fixed but leg amputation ?? ! Shouldn't an orthopedic surgeon be able to prevent this?
Anyway doc I done tibia lengthening around 5.5 to 6cms depending on compression , do you think another 4 cms on femurs using internal nails is risky? Like what are the chances of having to have my legs amputated ?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:24:28 AM by 4cms »

TinyTL

« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »

bumping this, anyone heard anything about Stryde availability?

cool

« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »

August 2019
8)

TinyTL

« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2018, 08:03:14 PM »

August 2019
:(
is that a joke or real? i hope you dont joke about such things, alot of people are depending on the information

jievince3

« Reply #500 on: November 13, 2018, 07:07:40 AM »

Dr.B does't do LL anymore.

Bosnian2018

« Reply #501 on: November 13, 2018, 10:29:31 AM »

^I also Read that in another thread. He doesnt do CLL anymore but not sure If true

jievince3

« Reply #502 on: November 14, 2018, 09:26:11 AM »

2018-10-15
Dear Prospective Patient,
After long hours of contemplation and soul-searching, I have decided not to offer Cosmetic Limb Lengthening at my
practice anymore. This may come as a shock to some of you and certainly will derail a lot of plans.
The decision was not taken lightly. The overriding reason for my decision is that it has become clear to me (based on
the complications I see from elsewhere), that the risk-benefit ratio of CLL swings firmly to the ‘risk’ side. In other
words, the potential complications are not worth the risk of permanent functional impairment. For this reason I can not
ethically continue to offer this surgery.
Ironically, once a complication is present, I can get involved morally, as this type of complication correction surgery
makes up the bulk of my work and here I can provide effective solutions for difficult problems. This swings the ethical
risk-benefit equation into the other direction.
My patients’ best interest and safety come first and for this reason the decision was taken and is also a final
decision. I will ask you to please respect this decision and also refrain from endless engagements and discussions
on online platforms, social media etc.
If, after weighing all the risks and benefits and you are still keen on pursuing CLL, PLEASE choose an ethical doctor
and choose someone with a solid track record, not only in CLL, but also in management of complications.
With my best regards,
Dr FF Birkholtz
2018-10-15

totallyred

« Reply #503 on: November 14, 2018, 01:40:46 PM »

Is this real? Can Dr. Frank himself come and tell this?

jievince3

« Reply #504 on: November 14, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »

It's true. You can send email to Dr.b's assistant(eception@walkamile.co.za).

Franz

• Verified LL Doctor
« Reply #505 on: November 14, 2018, 08:03:11 PM »

Hi Everyone,

This is true and I believe the letter is self-explanatory. My apologies for inconvenience caused.

Good luck on your journey.

FFB

totallyred

« Reply #506 on: November 14, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »

Sir,
 Thanks for the reply.
 If you could please tell the reason a bit more, would be so helpful for the prospective candidates.
In other words did you take the decision as you came to know about some unforeseen side effects of CLL which you were previously not aware of?
 Or some sudden incident which caused you to take this?
 Or is it a  completely different reason?

But I guess it just can't be sudden change in mindset as you have successfully defended your choice by saying it's unethical to not do it than to do it as people will anyway get it done through some unqualified doctor. Also you were so active in replying to queries and were even assuring people that surgery has become less risky in last 5 years(So it should be more so after the invention of Stryde.)

Sir, for a prospective patient, it is vital to know why such a great doctor, who actually spearheaded CLL in a whole  continent, backs off completely from the surgery and that too suddenly? Is there any bitter surprise in the offing for the people who are undergoing/planning to undergo through the surgery?

TinyTL

« Reply #507 on: November 14, 2018, 10:22:57 PM »

Brave decision and to be honest probably the correct one too.

Look at what we, the LL community, have become. The entire purpose of this community is to provide safe height increase for those of us who struggle with height dysphoria.
But if you go to the Diaries section of this forum its infested with people lured into crappy surgeons. Diary writers stop posting as soon as complication occurs and just disappears.

These warnings falls on deaf ears as a new wave of members arrive, going to the same doctors with same outcomes. Its really sad. Atleast with the old forum we held doctors accountable before Apo/sysop took over. People went to Beijing, yes it was risky but we didnt have bad outcomes like today. This was for 10+ years ago!
As soon as apo took over he introducted  ty butcheres like Dr. Sarin who made several patients cripple.

So this forum was created by people revolting to avoid such situations, and guess what. The same people (Sweden, 4cms etc) keep promoting the same doctor. Hiding and ignoring the sad sad devastating cases of the old patients.

This forum being unmoderated has created a climate for fake diaries, scammers and promoters.
 e like Dr. parihar, Dr. srigari, dr.sarin, dr. solomin, dr. bagirov, dr. abu jamar, dr. salameh, dr.monegal (he only seems to fk up tibia, not femur though)  + ++ the list is endless, should be all blocked and banned from this forum. every fking diary of these savages should be deleted.

When are we going to tell the newcomers on this forum that "its better to be short, than cripple"? Either save up money for proper surgeons or dont do it at all. Instead we promote LL at any cost. Some people even asking if they can do LL with $8000 budget? everyone knows how the story ends, but to my surprise what I see is other members recommending cheap crap surgeons in India and Russia. The blood is on your hand aswell.

Dr. Birkholtz, a respected surgeon, or for that sake any surgeon would not be wanted to be associated with the toxic culture we have going on here.

I salute you Birkholtz, you are well and truly a man worthy of the title surgeon. May you fix limb deformities for those people who cant even function properly. These are the people who need help!

ooooooooooooooooooppps

• Visitor
« Reply #508 on: November 15, 2018, 12:14:03 AM »

fk YOU Dr B

totallyred

« Reply #509 on: November 15, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »

Sir,
 Thanks for the reply.
 If you could please tell the reason a bit more, would be so helpful for the prospective candidates.
In other words did you take the decision as you came to know about some unforeseen side effects of CLL which you were previously not aware of?
 Or some sudden incident which caused you to take this?
 Or is it a  completely different reason?

But I guess it just can't be sudden change in mindset as you have successfully defended your choice by saying it's unethical to not do it than to do it as people will anyway get it done through some unqualified doctor. Also you were so active in replying to queries and were even assuring people that surgery has become less risky in last 5 years(So it should be more so after the invention of Stryde.)

Sir, for a prospective patient, it is vital to know why such a great doctor, who actually spearheaded CLL in a whole  continent, backs off completely from the surgery and that too suddenly? Is there any bitter surprise in the offing for the people who are undergoing/planning to undergo through the surgery?

Still waiting for your reply doctor. Please reply. It would be most helpful act one can do to any prospective candidate.

myloginacc

« Reply #510 on: November 16, 2018, 12:14:45 AM »

Hi Everyone,

This is true and I believe the letter is self-explanatory. My apologies for inconvenience caused.

Good luck on your journey.

FFB

Thank you for confirming it, Dr. Birkholtz.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Milko

• Visitor
« Reply #511 on: November 16, 2018, 09:09:58 AM »

That's a shame. Had a Skype consultation with the dr. Birkholtz and was highly impressed. Chose other options due to convenience but he really impressed me with his honesty, professionalism, and the fact he is the exact opposite of a salesman, which many ll doctors are.

notatroll

« Reply #512 on: November 17, 2018, 10:34:50 PM »

Brave decision and to be honest probably the correct one too.

Dr. Birkholtz, a respected surgeon, or for that sake any surgeon would not be wanted to be associated with the toxic culture we have going on here.

I salute you Birkholtz, you are well and truly a man worthy of the title surgeon. May you fix limb deformities for those people who cant even function properly. These are the people who need help!

+1000

This forum being unmoderated has created a climate for fake diaries, scammers and promoters.
 e like Dr. parihar, Dr. srigari, dr.sarin, dr. solomin, dr. bagirov, dr. abu jamar, dr. salameh, dr.monegal (he only seems to fk up tibia, not femur though)  + ++ the list is endless, should be all blocked and banned from this forum. every fking diary of these savages should be deleted.

No. Monegal fks up femur too. His worst case is Musicmaker a femur case

raku

« Reply #513 on: November 22, 2018, 05:05:45 PM »

Dear Dr. Franz
Sorry to hear you decide not to perform cll. But I really appreciate all you help us and you are so honest always telling us truth.
Could I ask you a question what do you think abou double cut with pure external in tibia(upper and lower in one surgery) according to the picture ? 
Thanks

https://pan.baidu.com/s/12_z9bJD26PmiPITS7BwJVw

Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #514 on: January 28, 2019, 05:32:23 PM »

I received this e-mail from Doctor Birkholtz:

2018-10-15
Dear Prospective Patient,
After long hours of contemplation and soul-searching, I have decided not to offer Cosmetic Limb Lengthening at my
practice anymore. This may come as a shock to some of you and certainly will derail a lot of plans.
The decision was not taken lightly. The overriding reason for my decision is that it has become clear to me (based on
the complications I see from elsewhere), that the risk-benefit ratio of CLL swings firmly to the ‘risk’ side. In other
words, the potential complications are not worth the risk of permanent functional impairment. For this reason I can not
ethically continue to offer this surgery.
Ironically, once a complication is present, I can get involved morally, as this type of complication correction surgery
makes up the bulk of my work and here I can provide effective solutions for difficult problems. This swings the ethical
risk-benefit equation into the other direction.
My patients’ best interest and safety come first and for this reason the decision was taken and is also a final
decision. I will ask you to please respect this decision and also refrain from endless engagements and discussions
on online platforms, social media etc.
If, after weighing all the risks and benefits and you are still keen on pursuing CLL, PLEASE choose an ethical doctor
and choose someone with a solid track record, not only in CLL, but also in management of complications.
With my best regards,
Sorry, I didn't read the thread before posting.
Go for it
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up