Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this forum lack serious and experienced posters?  (Read 12763 times)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Does this forum lack serious and experienced posters?
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 09:21:54 PM »

There's no bias or conspiracy against particular members of the forum. When this site was started, the intent was to let posters have more freedom in posting because we're (mostly) adults here and we don't want to be like the old forum. There were times when we thought about getting more strict with moderation, but when it was suggested, most of the users who responded seemed to have a negative opinion about stricter posting guidelines. It now looks like the popular opinion of the board is swaying the other way and more strict posting guidelines and moderating is what's wanted.

As Dameon posted in Dr Monegal's thread, the site admin (Dameon) and the mods are going to discuss it and a topic will be posted where everyone can give their feedback so we can reach a decision on this matter. Obviously we're not going to be able to please everyone but we're not ignoring the concerns of the members here.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Muse

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 10:15:20 PM »

Reading this thread, it's clear that some people want freedom of speech above all while others prefer moderators to be more strict in enforcing the rules.  We will have that discussion in a new thread.

Yes, yes... They have a bias for certain users. I agree.  Some of my posts in the thread Puetoricanwasp123 is talking about have been removed by moderators without apparent reason. They argue I was repetitive, but there are many people in this forum who get repetitive and their posts are not deleted. Even if the longest of my post was posted again by Dameon, I'm unhappy with the fact that some of my posts have been deleted, because I didn't insult or criticize anybody.

We locked and delete posts in a few topic where people discuss "Should people of X height do LL"  before, so don't claim yours is an exceptional situation.

Forcedpuberty posts were also removed, so if it's biased toward one party then his posts would have remained.  As it is, both parties posts were removed and that's the most fair thing to do from a neutral standpoint.   I believe you two would still be debating even now if nothing was done about it,  and that's not what this forum is about. 

You have to agree to disagree at a certain point and let people have their own opinion.  Shoving an opinion down people throats does not work.

You should read the forum rules again,  #10  clearly stated  Hogging the Forum is not allowed

"Constantly replying to a thread by repeating the same points and not adding anything new to the discussion. This can be annoying to other members as they keep reading the thread only to find out nothing new is in the discussion   The threads may be locked if the discussion  is going in circles."

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1007.0

They have a bias for certain users like the guy who scared away an important Doctor he's not banned,yet we the good people get bad treatment.

We look at each case individually and conclude that medcare was clearly trolling whereas forcedpuberty was trying to raise a valid point about not reading too much into  overly positive comments right away. It's hard to understand this if you did not experience what happened at the old forum.   

End of the day, we are going to give Forcedpuberty a warning for insulting with the word "bumlicker"  but he did not do enough to be ban worthy yet.    If he acclumate more warnings, then he will be up for a ban.   

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:13:17 PM by Dameon »

ItsMyLife

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 05:07:49 AM »

Reading this thread, it's clear that some people want freedom of speech above all while others prefer moderators to be more strict in enforcing the rules.  We will have that discussion in a new thread.

We locked and delete posts in a few topic where people discuss "Should people of X height do LL"  before, so don't claim yours is an exceptional situation.

Forcedpuberty posts were also removed, so if it's biased toward one party then his posts would have remained.  As it is, both parties posts were removed and that's the most fair thing to do from a neutral standpoint.   I believe you two would still be debating even now if nothing was done about it,  and that's not what this forum is about. 

You have to agree to disagree at a certain point and let people have their own opinion.  Shoving an opinion down people throats does not work.

You should read the forum rules again,  #10  clearly stated  Hogging the Forum is not allowed

"Constantly replying to a thread by repeating the same points and not adding anything new to the discussion. This can be annoying to other members as they keep reading the thread only to find out nothing new is in the discussion   The threads may be locked if the discussion  is going in circles."

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1007.0

We look at each case individually and conclude that medcare was clearly trolling whereas forcedpuberty was trying to raise a valid point about not reading too much into  overly positive comments right away. It's hard to understand this if you did not experience what happened at the old forum.   

End of the day, we are going to give Forcedpuberty a warning for insulting with the word "bumlicker"  but he did not do enough to be ban worthy yet.    If he acclumate more warnings, then he will be up for a ban.

it is very good that users are not banned so easily. what FP did was so extreme, but I am glad he is given a chance! he was very very rude not to the doctor but to other patients in my opinion.

Banning is not the perfect solution. many of us have handphones with data plans and there is a different IP address. Is there a way to know If someone is using his handphone to post after being banned? Different wifi spots will also have differnet IP

hadrian

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »

Yes, they are definitely dwindling, but these 'professional' posters are often some of the most toxic people on the forum, looking at you ItsMyLife. KiloKahn and ItsMylife are basically polar opposites, KiloKahn being the coolheaded, knowledgable and intelligent poster and ItsMyLife being the mentally deranged nutcase. I honestly challenge any one of you to read through his posting history without cringing, laughing, or just being in utter disbelief at the retardation within. In this way some of these experienced posters should not be respected simply for contributing, because the poor quality of their contributions can end up hurting the userbase of this site more than it helps them.

It would be nice for the forum to be both more active and supportive, but it's definitely stagnated and turned somewhat hostile, and I am partly to blame for the latter. But the outrageous claims and actions of some of the members here can't simply go unchecked; it's disingenuous for all of our guests here and could perhaps drive away new posters.

I doubt there will ever be a large influx of log contibutors due to the nature of the procedure, so the best we can do is cherish the (worthwhile)ones we have so they stick around. One day I will give my due to the forum in the form of a log, but for now all I can contribute is mental masturbatory material, aggressive rebuttals, and my own ignorant opinions.
Is it time to close this chapter of my life, and look towards the future?

Uppland

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2015, 12:49:33 PM »

I think it's gotten better since I made this thread actually. Especially Dr. Monegals appearance was a giving, if brief, high point.

It's true that we haven't gotten much new material lately though, we especially lack new info, pictures, videos and freshly started diaries.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 06:17:00 PM »

I've discovered this forum just a few months ago, so I can't really tell weither the quality of some posts or the fluctuation of members has changed throughout the time this forum existed.
Even If this forum has lost some it's utility (I can't tell If it really did), it still is the by far best source available for people who really want to increase their height. The reason for the lack of new perceptions could be caused by the fact that we already know quit much about it.
I am very thankfull for everything that has been posted here, depsite some rude utterances by some members here. Bad-mannered comments and unnecessary threads are a part of every internet forum where different opinions are discussed, so I wouldn't really pay too much attention to this.
As long as some of the previously mentioned members who are contributing so much to this forum keep doing this, I wouldn't worry about a shortage of qualified posts.
This forum has already helped me so much, without it I wouldn't be as far as I am with plans right know.

Joel

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 06:26:11 PM »

not even once was a serious post made on this forum! (not sers)
5'5 manlet of peace

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »

There are many serious posters, but also many trolls and people who does nothing but joking.

spiderman

• Visitor
  • Banned - Clone Account Of ItsMyLife
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 10:07:09 PM »

There are many serious posters, but also many trolls and people who does nothing but joking.
Totally agree there are many rude and disrespectful members who discriminate wantonly without sparing even a teenager.
Note: Banned - Clone Account Of ItsMyLife

Re-considering 5 cm tibia. Starting height: 186 cm.

Orthopedist: Docs who routinely do this surgery as a "sub-specialty" are businessmen, salesmen.. deserve psychiatric help, not risky surgery... Any operation must be an informed, evaluated last resort be
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up