Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent effects of LL  (Read 241106 times)

Fiveandsomething

Re: Permanent effects of LL
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2021, 10:15:56 PM »

Also y’all speaking like y’all some athletes or something. The majorly of y’all are possibly not even that physically fit or active so I’m not sure what your all worried about. For your everyday binge watching Netflix or driving to the fast food restaurant to order foods that a bad for you, you will be just fine.

Once I’m done with my procedure and documenting. I will return to this site a year or so after to give my thoughts and opinions.

Your age... physical activity level and predisposed genetics and errors all play a factor. It’s not just about lengthening.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 11:02:55 PM by Fiveandsomething »
Meh.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #280 on: September 01, 2021, 03:43:03 PM »

YOU WENT TO INDIA.
Also your current physical stature matters a lot. All those things you mentioned are not explicit related to LL. Someone who is out of shape can experience all those things you’re experiencing.

I would NOT RECOMMEND INDIA TO ANYONE . Not even my f**ckin enemy.

Also the method you did matters as well so if you did the Lizarov method then your points are all subjective to you and your experience.
A rational candidate will never opt for Indian surgeons owing to awful hygienes,medicals,expertises,personnels and indigences.
Apart from cheap prices,I can't find any legit reason to go for India.And that's whyhe is suffering from bad consequences physically and mentally.
Also he described his post-surgery life as hopeful and promising although he is close to paralysis.
So we can analyze the pros and cons.Let's say his surgery is satisfactory in the long run.
If you can head for Paley or Betz,results won't be that embarassing and incommodious.

Activatedxx

« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2021, 03:48:20 PM »

A rational candidate will never opt for Indian surgeons owing to awful hygienes,medicals,expertises,personnels and indigences.
Apart from cheap prices,I can't find any legit reason to go for India.And that's whyhe is suffering from bad consequences physically and mentally.
Also he described his post-surgery life as hopeful and promising although he is close to paralysis.
So we can analyze the pros and cons.Let's say his surgery is satisfactory in the long run.
If you can head for Paley or Betz,results won't be that embarassing and incommodious.

Actually very good surgeon in india, parihar. Besides that I wouldn’t consider anyone else personally, even parihar facility doesn’t look like American standards ive heard.
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Sorcerer

« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2021, 08:25:14 AM »

Actually very good surgeon in india, parihar. Besides that I wouldn’t consider anyone else personally, even parihar facility doesn’t look like American standards ive heard.
In COVID-19 pandemic in addition to Parihar's only external methods,India is not a resort not only now but also originally for LL.
I'd rather do surgery in China instead of India or other southern-east countries.
I can't believe there is someone planning on LL under Indians,Viets or Laos' hands.That's beyond irrations.

ilovescience

« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2021, 08:48:03 AM »

In COVID-19 pandemic in addition to Parihar's only external methods,India is not a resort not only now but also originally for LL.
I'd rather do surgery in China instead of India or other southern-east countries.
I can't believe there is someone planning on LL under Indians,Viets or Laos' hands.That's beyond irrations.

Apart from China, LL is also popular in Korea. Do you think it's safe to recommend people who wanna do LL to choose Korea for the surgery?

Sorcerer

« Reply #284 on: September 02, 2021, 08:57:23 AM »

Apart from China, LL is also popular in Korea. Do you think it's safe to recommend people who wanna do LL to choose Korea for the surgery?
True.Korean surgeons are more expertise than Chinese.But Dr.Lee's surgery price is very horrible,as high as European surgery prices.
And there is only one reputable surgeon in Korea,just Dr.Lee.Other surgeons are rarely mentioned in this forum so it's kinda gamble to choose other Korean surgeons and China possesses more reputable surgeons,such as Hetao Xia,Helong Bai,Xiangsheng Zhang,Yilian Han and so on.
But everyone having attempts to complain them for discrete surgeries is bastard cuz limb lengthening surgery will get more rigorously prohibited in China due to policities and there will be less amount of patients available to surgery.

Abbot

« Reply #285 on: January 01, 2022, 11:22:12 PM »

To respond to the starter of this blog, he is 100% correct.  LL is very risky but as the second person said, who cares people want to be taller.  Being short is one of the worst things you can have going on for you in life for many reasons and I say get the surgery if you can afford, be reasonable and make sure you get a good doc.  Prepare for the worst because recovery can be lengthy.  Realize that the surgery can go wrong but again reduce those odds by preparing.

tallertree

« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2022, 11:16:35 AM »

I did almost 10cm and if I could go back in time I would have stopped at around 5cm. The main reason for this is mobility. Today I can walk completely normal and even run, but that should be taken with a pinch of salt. When I say that i can run its more similar to when a 50 years old run, not a 25 years old.

The other problem is that my femurs are now waaaay to long compared to my upper body, so when I sit down I look like a freak.

If I become a millionaire one day I will actually shorten my femurs by about 4-5cm. 

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2022, 03:43:37 PM »

Why not lengthen your tibias?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2022, 11:42:36 PM »

Why not lengthen your tibias?

This

You should always lengthen both segments if you're concerned about athleticism imo, because that's the only way you'll preserve your pre-op biomechanics.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2022, 04:13:22 PM »

take a look at the poll for itsmylifes diary.

the statistic never seems to change.

40% believe in 5-6cm
20% believe in 6-7cm
20% believe in 7-8cm
20% believe in 8-9cm

this is the very reason why so many people get fked up. the second reason is because we all know soft tissue cant go past 0.66mm per day and NO MUTHERfkER STICKS TO IT.

instead they (ultimately do an average of 0.66mm perday) but destroy their body 1 day at a time by over lengthening on a daily basis, they think they are fine during this process because they mask the symptoms of the damage with massive levels of pain killers. ultimately they are fking their body up.

I can tell you with certainty the body can not lengthen past this level unless you use medication to lie to yourself about how fast you can lengthen. when you do something bad the body produces pain to tell you to fking stop. my doctor will not give me any pain killers and I tell you now going above 0.66 is impossible. because your body screams to stop this madness. the same for going above 5cm in total length.

I have never seen a diary where someone did 5cm or less and had permanent damage. with a good doctor. and lengthened 0.66mm per day every single day.

the problem is that people need to be informed about how serious this surgery is. but NOOOOOO every stupid mutherfker comes here wanting to lengthen 20cm, and then ultimately decides on less but still decide to do too much. the problem is greed. people are greedy they want to complete the surgery as fast as possible and want to lengthen the maximum as possible.

greed needs to end.
6cm tibia is the MAX LIMIT. not a mm more.
external femur 5cm MAX LIMIT. not a mm more.

internal femur...... I cant answer. but every stupid nobody who does answer will answer this question with greed in their mind wanting it to be as high as possible. and that again is the problem. your body has limits.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Diagram-of-the-Ilizarov-frame-for-tibial-lengthening-with-an-automated-control_fig1_264833669

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2022, 02:23:58 AM »

"A rational candidate will never opt for Indian surgeons owing to awful hygienes,medicals,expertises,personnels and indigences."

the surgical skills I've personally witnessed within the operative theater from an "indian" surgeon would strongly imply that the reverse is true at expertise. perhaps it's not fair to make this global claim about all "indian" surgeons...

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

zaozari

Re: My Knee Issues
« Reply #291 on: February 27, 2022, 12:50:15 AM »

I got a private message about this and wanted to share it with the rest of the forum.

Here's the Universal Pain Assessment Tool:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/25724858/UNIVERSAL-PAIN-ASSESSMENT-TOOL

When walking it's 0.5 to 1.  I notice it but can ignore it and just keep walking, for hours if necessary.  After using the knees a lot I barely notice it at all.  If my knees were metal, I'd say they get rusty easily and that using them lubricates them.

When kneeling it's 1 to 3.  I always notice it, and sometimes I can ignore it.  But other times it interferes with tasks.  The worst situation would be walking on my knees on a hard surface.  I'd definitely feel it and it would interfere with how I walked.  Working out doesn't help this at all.  I guess I'd better behave myself since apologizing on my knees would hurt.  :P

Sorry for my ignorance but the workout you refer that kind of ''lubricated'' your knees (you still do it?) can be for example a gym/home (or true) bike? I ask this because I may not have much time to workout and a home bike would be perfect. And some surgeons even suggest mainly a bike as physiotherapy.
By the way, do you feel specially afraid of using a normal bike, maybe due to danger of special harm if you would fall?

TheGambitKing

« Reply #292 on: February 27, 2022, 12:59:26 AM »

How common is permanent knee pain when using Precice? What kind of permanent pain can a precice get?

TheGambitKing

« Reply #293 on: February 27, 2022, 01:15:33 AM »

Do calfs get bigger when u do femurs LL? I have read this and i get why it happens, but iirc it happens when tibias only right? or do this happens when u do femurs too? I ask this bc i have already big calfs (im not fat, its genetics) and wouldnt like to get bigger calfs lol

thaw1010

« Reply #294 on: February 27, 2022, 01:57:57 AM »

Do calfs get bigger when u do femurs LL? I have read this and i get why it happens, but iirc it happens when tibias only right? or do this happens when u do femurs too? I ask this bc i have already big calfs (im not fat, its genetics) and wouldnt like to get bigger calfs lol

Dr. Lee said calves get bigger during tibia lengthening, but the same doesn't happen with femurs. I'd personally be fine getting bigger calves, most people who lift weights lack them and can't grow them very well haha

zaozari

« Reply #295 on: February 27, 2022, 02:13:02 AM »

I was talking about tibias nailing

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #296 on: February 27, 2022, 04:14:23 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance but the workout you refer that kind of ''lubricated'' your knees (you still do it?) can be for example a gym/home (or true) bike? I ask this because I may not have much time to workout and a home bike would be perfect. And some surgeons even suggest mainly a bike as physiotherapy.
By the way, do you feel specially afraid of using a normal bike, maybe due to danger of special harm if you would fall?

Most aerobic workouts will do it.  I think I was doing Power 90 back when I wrote that.

I rode a bike every day for two years, twice even down a hill at high speed, so I'm definitely not afraid.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #297 on: February 27, 2022, 04:15:02 AM »

How common is permanent knee pain when using Precice? What kind of permanent pain can a precice get?

I believe it comes from splitting the patellar ligament rather than the type of nail.

zaozari

« Reply #298 on: February 27, 2022, 09:26:05 AM »

Most aerobic workouts will do it.  I think I was doing Power 90 back when I wrote that.

I rode a bike every day for two years, twice even down a hill at high speed, so I'm definitely not afraid.
Thanks, I'm happy you don't have any feelings to be afraid of biking.
For aerobics do you think it's enough or ok running, stationary bike, eliptical or stationary rowing? You have a preference?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #299 on: February 27, 2022, 04:02:33 PM »

Variety is my preference, and everyone else who knows about fitness.

zaozari

« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2022, 04:12:10 PM »

Variety is my preference, and everyone else who knows about fitness.
I don't know much about fitness, only that as they told me in the gym I should "target" a certain pulse according to age and calculated maximum pulse to assure I was in the "cardio" zone.
I did that by running but was wondering what kind of alternatives there were, for example bike, I think. Running became hard during some time precisely due to knee pain during months because of infectious arthritis in the past.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2022, 08:39:27 PM »

Dr. Lee said calves get bigger during tibia lengthening, but the same doesn't happen with femurs. I'd personally be fine getting bigger calves, most people who lift weights lack them and can't grow them very well haha

Ikr? That's such a weird concern people have. Imagine being concerned that your muscles might grow bigger lmao
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2022, 03:33:16 AM »

Girls don't want it.

MakeMeTallAF

« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2022, 07:14:09 AM »

Idk why a girl would want to be taller. Short girls generally have the largest dating pool, everyone loves em lol

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2022, 03:53:58 PM »

They want to be taken more seriously.

Elhemioe

« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2022, 04:36:47 PM »

Cause being taller is more aesthetically pleasing and elegant.

Answering for myself, mostly that reason, but also because I really don't like being smaller than most men. It makes me feel weak and vulnerable which I despise.
But yeah there's quite a lot of reasons to why women would want to get LL.
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'

Sorcerer

« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2022, 10:40:41 PM »

Cause being taller is more aesthetically pleasing and elegant.

Answering for myself, mostly that reason, but also because I really don't like being smaller than most men. It makes me feel weak and vulnerable which I despise.
But yeah there's quite a lot of reasons to why women would want to get LL.
I still don't get it why some folks here are perplexed about why women also want to do LL, just like women are curious why some men are contemplating on doing plastic surgeries. To be frank don't restrict what you should do with the society's view of values. If you want to increase one of your attributes just do it don't take whoever persuades you out of doing it just bc society is not demanding it srsly.

Elhemioe

« Reply #307 on: April 08, 2022, 01:44:24 AM »

I still don't get it why some folks here are perplexed about why women also want to do LL, just like women are curious why some men are contemplating on doing plastic surgeries. To be frank don't restrict what you should do with the society's view of values. If you want to increase one of your attributes just do it don't take whoever persuades you out of doing it just bc society is not demanding it srsly.

That's absolutely true :)
However society isn't really what's holding me back lmao
Being in Med school, time and my wallet are

I don't really know how it'd be possible for me to give up half a year at best when I'm already in for like 10 years, and I don't know if spending 80k is that worth when I'd rather spend it on a house or sth

So rn it's kinda just something I'm contrmplating.
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #308 on: April 08, 2022, 04:23:14 AM »

I still don't get it why some folks here are perplexed about why women also want to do LL

It's because they won't benefit from it.  It's not like a guy getting a nose job; a handsome man is thought of more highly than an ugly one.  It would be like a guy spending 100K, months of downtime, and risking his life to remove his body hair; totally perplexing.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #309 on: April 08, 2022, 04:39:19 AM »

It's because they won't benefit from it.  It's not like a guy getting a nose job; a handsome man is thought of more highly than an ugly one.  It would be like a guy spending 100K, months of downtime, and risking his life to remove his body hair; totally perplexing.

I understand that maybe women wouldn't benefit as much in the dating realm as a man would, but there are many women who feel infantilized by their height and it can have major effects on their self-esteem. I totally understand why a 4"11 woman could feel distressed about her height, given that she is towered over by almost every adult of both genders and even many children and teenagers. Nobody male or female needs to do LL, but I don't think it's shocking that a very short woman would want to be taller. In fact, I think it's a lot less perplexing than some of the 5"11 guys on this forum who are desperate for LL. Not disparaging them either, just my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up