Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015  (Read 106143 times)

Lgazer

Re: FINALLY FIXING MY LEFT LEG WITH DR. MONEGAL IN BARCELONA- JULY 2,2015
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2016, 10:05:56 PM »

Are you pointing at Monegal? It doesn't surprise me. Some patients say some doctors only care about you if you serve their aims.

insearchofanswers

Crinsomtide
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2016, 08:14:46 PM »

I have been reading his posts but his story is too long.

Can anybody summarize his experience for me?

crimsontide

Re: Crinsomtide
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2016, 12:59:10 AM »

he died.

Rip crimson

Alu

« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2016, 12:59:56 AM »

Can you fking read?

insearchofanswers

« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:17 AM »

WTF? I'm serious. I want an answer.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:22 AM »

he died.

Rip crimson

But what if crimson is not kill?

crimsontide

« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2016, 01:03:48 AM »

in all seriousness, the diary is not that long.   Haven't updated in a while

insearchofanswers

« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2016, 01:05:09 AM »

Man your story is difficult to follow. You went to many doctors and had several complications.

crimsontide

« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2016, 01:12:54 AM »

many??? went to 2 or 3, max

i had 2 complications, that's it

If you decide to get this surgery, and not have any complications, I have bad news; most patients have some kind of complication that will need time and  perhaps an additional surgery to fix

Also, I'm not saying Monegal is perfect, but my left leg was fixed by Monegal. I don't seem to have a limp now according to pretty much everyone I meet

Avoid India at all costs

TrueSpartan

« Reply #288 on: November 03, 2016, 01:17:00 AM »

Hey crimson,

Nice to see you on the forum again. I have followed your horrifying story from the start. I am glad you have finally seen positive results. Could you give us a bit more information on your recovery? Last I checked, you were considering amputation.

crimsontide

« Reply #289 on: November 03, 2016, 01:18:23 AM »

though I'll probably get achilles shortened to get most of the strength back

but the bones in my legs are  pretty much 100% now. I'll get the rod removed soon

crimsontide

« Reply #290 on: November 03, 2016, 01:23:58 AM »

Here's the deal

If you saw me walk now, you wouldn't notice anything really out of the ordinary

but I'm a perfectionist, and I know how my body was prior to this surgery

A lot of members are ok with not being as functional as before, but I'm not.  What I mean by   functional is different from others. I can get around, can walk, and so on.  I'm not as agile as before, and ankles are still tight

My results are very normal.  You guys considering this surgery probably don't wanna hear that,  but it's true. Many people have had far worse outcomes. I think Sweden might have had a worse outcome, since he's in pain quite a bit. I'm never in pain, but I wanna be able to walk as I did before, which means walking at a brisk pace for 5 or more km if I feel the urge. I really can't do that now

insearchofanswers

« Reply #291 on: November 03, 2016, 01:24:48 AM »

India in general? Would you say Parihar is bad? People say he's much better than Monegal and cheaper. Monegal has many bad cases and one of the worst cases in the forum (Musicmakr)

onemorefoot

« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2016, 01:35:05 AM »

Crinsomtide would you recommend me an amount such as 4 cm on tibias?? Would you recommend LON? I know you recommend internal methods but money, money.
Budget will determine my future.

crimsontide

« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2016, 01:46:03 AM »

Monegal seemed to do a  good job with my  leg deformity.

I don't know anything about Parihar, though I do know he's more conservative than Shah, which is a good thing. Definitely avoid Shah

I'm very down on India for many reasons, but I'm sure  there are good Drs in India. I just don't think it's worth it. My achilles should not have been lengthened, and going to need it shortened to get most of the tension back

My bones are fine though, and don't even  have a visible limp now

4 cm should be ok. I actually think externals  are very good. I'd go for externals over lon if doing tibia, or internal

I don't seem to have issues with knee pain after getting a rod, so if you guys are very nervous about knee pain due to  rods, I can tell you that I'm not experiencing any pain

Bander72

« Reply #294 on: November 03, 2016, 01:51:52 AM »

India in general? Would you say Parihar is bad? People say he's much better than Monegal and cheaper. Monegal has many bad cases and one of the worst cases in the forum (Musicmakr)

He went to doctor sha and swenden to Sarin. So far dr parihar has provén to be the Only good option in India. And dr parihar precise 2 Is at the same price  Range as mongeal fitbone so why not go with precise.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Bander72

« Reply #295 on: November 03, 2016, 01:56:13 AM »

Crinsomtide would you recommend me an amount such as 4 cm on tibias?? Would you recommend LON? I know you recommend internal methods but money, money.

I hear you on that and dr parihar is  on the moré expensive side in India for externals. When you factor in living expensives you will need at least 25k. But Its better to pay moré and be moré safe.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Morissette

« Reply #296 on: November 03, 2016, 02:32:16 AM »

Swedens pain and muscle tightness/lack of functionality isn't that doctors fault it's just an unfortunate risk you take when doing LL. Everyone's experience will differ but I don't think India is a bad place for surgery. Some are more fortunate then others but every dr has bad outcomes even Paley only thing is with Paley you're paying 5 times as much. My lengthening phase in india went successfully as I could have asked. 2 months 7.5cm no serious complications all for 15000usd couldn't have asked for better.

I do feel for those who've had bad experiences it's awful and I wish everyone a speedy recovery but the doctor isn't always to blame.

The Kaiser

« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2016, 09:01:06 AM »

you cold ask this in his diary, no need to open a new thread.

EndGame

« Reply #298 on: December 02, 2016, 05:02:41 PM »

Crimson's legs.

http://imgur.com/9rPCWsU
http://imgur.com/eKo8Tsw

I've been reading thru Crimson's diary. Just got to this post. Images won't load. Says they might have been taken down. Could you repost them if they were not taken down intentionally or at Crimson's request. Also, hope you are improving Crimson and by the time I get to end of diary things are more positive for you. I recommend you try swimming if you still feel overweight. Best wishes :)

EndGame

« Reply #299 on: December 02, 2016, 05:38:02 PM »

Thanks for writing a diary and sharing your experiences crimson. Just finished the whole thing. Sounds like you no longer have a limp despite your frustration with not being able to walk a brisk 5k, that does seem more positive than 6-12 months ago :). How did your consultation with Paley go? I wish you well.

crimsontide

« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2017, 03:29:56 AM »

Ok guys,  heres's an update

I can walk  now, and not just walk, I walk faster than   a good % of the people in the street. I have no limp. I mean zero

I  do regret the achilles surgery, and in some ways it was the worst/ most idiotic decision I ever made but I'm doing so well that  I'm not sitting at home regretting it. I shouldn't have gotten it but honestly, my life now is pretty much exactly how it would've been if I had not gotten the surgery. The exception is I still can't run and  one of the scars isn't the greatest, but  it's possible I might run in the future.

My body has always healed well. It's 100% genetic so I can't give advice  to others on recovery. 99% of    the population would be  have a seriously reduced qol if they had   the complications I had and made the mistakes I made

I lost all the weight I put on since the surgery. I'm now 75 kilos/ 168 lbs. I have long legs. I wear a size 32 length  which is very very long. My uncle who is 6 feet tall  has  a size  29  pants length

I might post a video as You will able to judge my walking.  You guys know how negative my posts can be so if I say I'm doing well I think it means something.

I can recommend Bagirov for this surgery. I can also say Monegal did a proper correction.  Don't  go to India!. I'll recommend Monegal/Bagirov  all day over any options in India

I still have a rod and screws in my left leg. I am almost positive I will even  be  a bit better  after everything is taken out

Monegal is keeping his promise and removing the device; either next week or early Sept

I never think about my height anymore so the surgery   accomplished my goal

Stay healthy

ouroboros

« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2017, 04:00:29 AM »

That is awesome to hear Crimson. Glad you are getting better.

Thanks for taking the time to write the update.

crimsontide

« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2017, 06:56:46 AM »

thank you

onemorefoot

« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2017, 06:59:30 AM »

I have a doubt, some Pili patients wrote that after Atl they can run or even jump, but you are totally against ATL, do you think you had bad Luck on It?

crimsontide

« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2017, 07:04:33 AM »

not bad luck.... you lose power, 100%   guarantee due to simple physics

but i'm okay and don't want to focus on ATL. I can live my life 100% normally

onemorefoot

« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2017, 07:12:59 AM »

Ok, so I Will try to avoid that crap, although with tibia lengthening is very difficult to do It, good job!

Thatdude950

« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2017, 09:21:29 AM »

congratulations crimson

Body Builder

« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2017, 10:44:27 AM »

I am really happy about you Crimsontide.
Personally I really couldn't feel happy with my condition due to my loose tendons and I could run, not fast but still run.
But I am glad that you feel ok with your condition and your body, after all this is what matters with LL. To feel ok.

The Dreamer

« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2017, 07:11:24 PM »

Good evening everyone 🙋,I'm a new member on thi Community,i've registered like 5 minutes ago😀.Before that I have spent a lot of time reading multiple diaries and patient's experience.It's such a great Community despite the Apotheosis's incredible betrayal 😱.Yeah, I have spent a lot of time reading also the story regarding the "old forum",it was very shady but also exciting.It was like reading a thriller book including a terrible villain.Like an adventure✊.You guys have been so brave managing to create a true forum without fake advertising💪💪
Despite this introduction and apologizing for my bad english writing skills(Yeah,I'm living in Italy☺) I'd like to know how crimsontide is doing.This diary seems to not be updated since 2016(correct me if I wrong).I would know if crimsontide managed to have a prothesis because of his problems with the left leg and how are his condition now.
Best Regars for all of You
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

crimsontide

« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2017, 10:04:26 AM »

Still waiting for Monegal to take the rod off
My walking Is fine but a bit  exasperating trying to get this rod out.   

I'm about to say forget it and go to another Dr to do it. That's all there really is to say now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up