Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266599 times)

Iamready

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #496 on: June 29, 2016, 04:09:01 AM »

Once again, I really appreciate the kind comments.  Alu requested some business attire; this is the best I could do.  I enjoy these photos because i'm also curious to see how I look in various outfits.

TIBIKE2000- My friend just left.  I was just a bit taller than him. At this point i'm getting used to my height so I don't feel any different when I notice people are shorter.  I just feel more comfortable altogether.

Alu

« Reply #497 on: June 29, 2016, 05:30:43 AM »

Thanks for the pictures mate. You look really good with those. Mainly because your body frame horizontally does a good job at making you look completely normal. Body to legs you look fine, even with my own reservations about doing that much.

I do have to ask, because I'm now noticing how important it is, but how do you feel about your arms? Again, these are my own personal reservations, but I am curious as to what your arm length/wingspan is? Just because that's the only thing noticeably "off" for me. And again, my own reservations, I don't mean to offend or have you spiral to another disorder, but it's just how I see things.

However, besides that you look good dude. If that was my end result I'd be happy none the less. Thanks for the diary again mate. Can't express how helpful this entire journey has been!

Congrats!

Iamready

« Reply #498 on: June 29, 2016, 05:40:32 AM »

I've never measured my wingspan.  About my arms, I knew from looking at the photo from Vetruvius- the other QL patient- that they would be a little off.  Limb lengthening is not perfect and there will always be differences between a natural 5 10 and myself but ultimately I would rather be an average sized guy with shorter arms than a short guy.  It's the trade off you make for the height that you gain.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #499 on: June 29, 2016, 05:57:42 AM »

to me with clothes on, he looks completely normal. Even the arm lengths...
I learned some stuff during this time

paddy10tellys

« Reply #500 on: June 29, 2016, 07:54:41 AM »

You look great (incl arms). It gave me a boost seeing how well you have done. I have "the willies" just now after reading  "Dreamcatchers" diary. No gain without pain? Good for you!
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

CCMidwest

« Reply #501 on: June 29, 2016, 12:43:42 PM »

Thanks for your response to my question iamready.
You should find it easier to style well as a taller man. Of course torso size remains the same, so shirts will remain a bit challenging.

Style is one of the reasons I want LL for sure. A lot of the styling cues I like to wear tend to make me look shorter. Brightly colored flat shoes, wide belts, brightly colored belts, sport coats/blazers, vests, cuffed pants, etc. I tend to match my shirts with my pants and wear monochromatic colors to not cut myself in half visually.

Sky's the limit for your style game now, congrats. I'm jealous, especially since I'm a shoe guy myself lol.

When is the lifts and boots bonfire you promised us?   ;D
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #502 on: June 29, 2016, 01:01:01 PM »

You look great (incl arms). It gave me a boost seeing how well you have done. I have "the willies" just now after reading  "Dreamcatchers" diary. No gain without pain? Good for you!

His arms look a bit short, but only because I was trying to see if his arms look short. If people don't know he had LL, they would never notice. How often do you stand with your arms at your side like his pics anyway? Your arms are usually moving around or raised holding something or whatever anyway.

Keep in mind paddyton, you can get to his new height without doing 4"+ like he did. If arm length concerns you, it shouldn't. He looks good, I'm happy for him.

He's got the world by the balls now, for sure.
5'7.5

paddy10tellys

« Reply #503 on: June 29, 2016, 02:37:54 PM »

His arms don't concern me CCMidwest. I think it was Alu that commented about his arms. My previous comment was that they looked great just like the rest of him. He is an inspiration.
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

Iamready

« Reply #504 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »

I appreciate all the comments. I just want to state that it's ok for everyone to give their honest opinions. I'm not the type of person to start obsessing over my arms so don't ever think you have to walk on eggshells when responding to my thread.

alps

« Reply #505 on: June 29, 2016, 04:36:12 PM »

you look great man!

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #506 on: June 29, 2016, 05:23:07 PM »

I appreciate all the comments. I just want to state that it's ok for everyone to give their honest opinions. I'm not the type of person to start obsessing over my arms so don't ever think you have to walk on eggshells when responding to my thread.

Like others have said, no one would think twice about your arms unless they already knew about your having the ll procedure.
Even so, they look in good proportion, nothing out of the ordinary.

CCMidwest

« Reply #507 on: June 29, 2016, 05:23:15 PM »

His arms don't concern me CCMidwest. I think it was Alu that commented about his arms. My previous comment was that they looked great just like the rest of him. He is an inspiration.

No worries paddyton.

Tibike and I were discussing proportions outside of the forum, and I made the point that he doesn't need to be concerned over arm length because he is already iamready's post tibia/pre femur height. So he, and I if I do it, would only being doing 5-6cm. I wanted to express the same sentiment to you since you are essentially the same height as I.

I personally feel like this forum gets way too concerned over proportions, especially for the guy's that started as short as Iamready did. At his starting height, f*ck proportions...just get taller.
5'7.5

paddy10tellys

« Reply #508 on: June 29, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »

Amen to that, brother.

CCMidwest

« Reply #509 on: June 29, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »

Iamready,

In one of your videos you mention that you were going to make a video of your comments and concerns about the Paley Institute. Do you still plan on doing that?
5'7.5

Iamready

« Reply #510 on: July 01, 2016, 04:25:52 AM »

Iamready,

In one of your videos you mention that you were going to make a video of your comments and concerns about the Paley Institute. Do you still plan on doing that?
I will do that once my rods are out, :).

I tried on my boots today- I have 3 pairs of the same one- and wore some outfits to see if I can utilize these shoes going forward. I think they look fine.
Wearing wider pants help.  Excuse the beer gut, I didn't realize my shirt was see through.

Alu

« Reply #511 on: July 01, 2016, 04:39:58 AM »

As always, thank you for blessing us with pictures of your body. Greatly appreciate you feeding into my obsession with it.

I must say I really like the one with jacket. Looks nice with the longer legs. Model like.

Cheers!

Penguinn

« Reply #512 on: July 01, 2016, 11:06:16 AM »

I agree with others on you looking like a natural whatever height you're at. Congratulations.:D

CCMidwest

« Reply #513 on: July 01, 2016, 12:36:15 PM »

I am just imagining it, or are your chest and shoulders bigger post LL?

I assume it's from using the walker?

Of course you just look physically bigger being taller now, but you look more muscular too.

Really appreciate the hard work you've put into this very detailed diary, since a lot of guys quit posting directly after LL. Hope you'll keep us posted on recovery as well.

Edit: Really personal question...

You look good, and proportional, with clothing on for sure. But how do you feel you look nked? Skinny legs and butt I'm sure, being so soon after LL, but what about leg to torso proportions?
5'7.5

Iamready

« Reply #514 on: July 01, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »

In response to CCMidwest.  Without clothes, I honestly feel like I look like an athlete from the front on position.  But from the side, because I have no ass, I won't even comment.  I'm eating everything I can to get my big booty back.

Oh yeah, chest and shoulders.  The walker helps maintain muscle in the upper body.  It's a combination of me losing some weight and using specific muscles that assist me with moving with the walker that have affected my shape.

willsa

« Reply #515 on: July 01, 2016, 07:39:20 PM »

Wow dude you look great! And you're standing unassisted now! Hows the recovery going? Do you still feel pain or taking pain meds?

theuprising

Re: Re: Before - After pictures
« Reply #516 on: July 01, 2016, 10:06:51 PM »

The leg to torso ratio is off but that can easily be dealt with using clothing, the arms do look short but that's to be expected as going from 5'5 obviously you won't have a 5'10 guys wing span. I think it's really brave to post these shots as other patients will post stuff but they will wear clothes to hide their proportions. You had typical proportions prior to surgery so you are an excellent example for guys who think they can get away with a large amount on one segment. It was good foresight to divide your lengthening into two segments and your tib/femur ratio looks excellent.
Everyone will be somewhat disproportionate after surgery and in your case going from from 5'5 to 5'10 was worth it. I am typically quite harsh in terms of proportion and compare the after lengthening results to people who are naturally 5'10 so I'm sure some forum members will disagree with my assessment.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #517 on: July 02, 2016, 12:11:05 AM »

Imho the arms are more of the problem rather than torso/legs ratio still not that bad considering that he was 5'5.

the arms do look short but that's to be expected as going from 5'5 obviously you won't have a 5'10 guys wing span.

A lot of short people have bigger wingspans than their height take me for example im standing at 166cm with 175cm wingspan(and im not really a broud shoulders type of a guy).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:31:49 AM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

Dna1233

• Visitor
« Reply #518 on: July 02, 2016, 05:07:58 AM »

What was your wingspan before surgery?

Ghostfish

« Reply #519 on: July 03, 2016, 03:41:23 AM »

Hi Iamready

You look great!!  I really admire you for such a determination and honesty.  You are a true inspiration and I will follow your path someday.  Just one question for you.  I remeber that you were suffering from an electric shock like pain from some kind of surgery.  Do you still have it or at least is it getting better?

For other guys, I know this is a forum for discussing anything related to LL.  However, don't be too much obsessed with the proportition.   That would be not helpful for you guys to get over height neurosis. 

Iamready

« Reply #520 on: July 03, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »

For Willsa, I have pain because I use the walker so much and my body is getting used to it.  To Ghostfish, that electric shock pain is gone, I never want to think about it again. 
I really don't have a problem with my arms.  My mother was taking pictures from a really low angle and it was making me look taller than I am.  This picture was taken by my father so I suppose this is what I look like from the eyes of someone 5 foot 5.  I also wore my underwear so that people could see my honest proportions without clothes hiding them.  My left hip is hiked up a little due to tighter muscles on that side but my physical therapist advised me it would loosen up with time. Enjoy.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #521 on: July 03, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »

tibs are a little long but I see it cause I look for it.

No one will notice anything strange on you. you look completely normal (atleast from this pic).

A strange question, but it seems that your scrotch area is really really far away from your belly button. Do you wear your underwear under the "normal line" or was it always like that?
I learned some stuff during this time

Iamready

« Reply #522 on: July 03, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »

I just have a really big dck.  Nah, I think it looks like that because I have no ass to hold my underwear.  I'll post a comparison pic of me in my underwear before the surgery and after so you can analyze my crotch.  It'll be in the before and after section. Edit: the pic is up. Looks like my crotch was always low, now you have me looking down my pants.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:34:33 PM by Iamready »

Alu

« Reply #523 on: July 04, 2016, 12:14:47 AM »

This new picture definitely looks better actually. I think you just need to get more fat/muscle in your legs and you'll look much better mate.

CCMidwest

« Reply #524 on: July 04, 2016, 02:34:53 AM »

Even with the new height you have big feet!  :)
5'7.5

Ghostfish

« Reply #525 on: July 04, 2016, 03:28:36 AM »

Hi Iamready

You look really great in those picture.  I will be really happy if I were you. 
I am also very glad that your pain has been gone.  Your recovery seems really fantastic!!
Keep it up!

hype88

« Reply #526 on: July 04, 2016, 01:36:22 PM »

fk yeah that looks mint bro 8) I would not pick you for having CLL! Your portions look great I'm jelly AF... Do you think you'll be able to return to 100%?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25   Go Up