Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 266560 times)

Iamready

Re: Quadrilateral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #620 on: September 15, 2016, 06:10:37 PM »

You think your pain and stiffnes will go away in time? I mostly ask because you recover pretty quickly and nicely.

Anyways glad that you update, good luck.

When I first came back from Florida- and in the absence of daily therapy- I was in horrible shape.  I could only stand on my tip toes and my knees could not get close to being straight.  But stretching fixed all of that, and now I have made so much progress that it's hard to believe I won't make a full recovery.  I just need to be more diligent about stretching my ankles because that seems to be the source of my morning stiffness.  Part of what helped me recover so quickly was wearing flat flat shoes because even sneakers allow you to cheat by having your heel off the ground.  If I wear even an inch heel my walking is instantly more comfortable but walking with flats allows you to feel any imbalances and fine tune your walking until it is perfect.  These are the shoes I use http://www.hm.com/us/product/46078?article=46078-A

I understand Apotheosis harmed people as a result of his actions but I don't agree with bashing his looks.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #621 on: September 15, 2016, 07:20:04 PM »

Harmed is a nice way of saying "got the crippled for life"...
 But yeah... I agree that the talk on his looks is idiotic... Especially since the guy is good looking... I dont know...

Best of luck Iamready! Your diary was one of if not the most informative on this forum. Thanks alot for everything and enjoy your new height for the rest of your life! :D
I learned some stuff during this time

ub40

« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2016, 02:54:34 AM »

I understand Apotheosis harmed people as a result of his actions but I don't agree with bashing his looks.

I absolutely agree, I was merely explaining that he has enemies whereas no one has a reason to go after you.

I understand why you want to protect your privacy though, some people can be pretty hateful especially when they can hide behind anonymity
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

tallerz

« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2016, 11:16:44 PM »

Thanks for your posts man, hope your recovery is going smooth.

Peaceout

« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »

Hey man,its been over a month since last update.How are you??

willsa

« Reply #625 on: October 24, 2016, 03:54:01 AM »

Iamready, how have you been doing? How are your check ups going with Paley, pain, differences since last update?

rock112

« Reply #626 on: November 05, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »

Lol I'm assuming this guy won and just went on to go have a fun, happy life?

KrP1

« Reply #627 on: November 13, 2016, 11:04:00 AM »

You look amazing with your New height bro! You are going to feel much more confident now

Iamready

« Reply #628 on: November 14, 2016, 07:18:41 PM »

Thanks Krp1.  I appreciate the comment.
Peaceout and Willsa.  My leg recovery is actually going great.  I was working out my legs everyday until I began my humerus surgery and surprisingly, since resting my legs from working out, they feel amazing and almost all my tightness in my ankles is gone.  The only barrier I had from feeling great before was when I would wake up or get up from sitting a long time I would have to stand for a few seconds to alleviate the tightness in my ankles.  I no longer have that issue, and I look forward to moving onto the next phase.  Running and jumping.  I will be spending a lot of time in the pool practicing these motions and working out because I think all the hard work I was doing on land was having a detrimental effect on my progress.

apoxyomenos I will respond to your questions in a pm if you don't mind.

I met with Dr. Paley today and there is good news for people interested in tibia lengthening.  It seems that now when they lengthen the tibia they insert an additional rod?/nail in the fibula and fixate it better to the tibia.  I don't have the exact details so forgive me if I didn't phrase it correctly but they have improved their process to prevent any complications- which is always a good thing.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:49:27 PM by Iamready »

onemorefoot

« Reply #629 on: November 14, 2016, 08:49:32 PM »

What about the full weight  bearing nail that Elipse will put in the market soon? Have you any update? That nail is still Precice2 but almost full weight bearing.
Budget will determine my future.

Peaceout

« Reply #630 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:41 PM »

You just droped the bomb and left:D
Please give more information about your arm lengthening.
When did you decide?Like after some clothe types you started to dislike your look or?
You said 4 cm.What dr.Paley thinks about it?and what does he think about AL in general?
What does it feel like?What do you feel while moving your hands?
I really cant understand.You were looking fine in your proportion pics how is that possible with a -9.5 cm index?You even shared a pic next to a normal 5'10 guy and it was totally normal..
(Assuming its internal?)
How much did you do so far?

Iamready

« Reply #631 on: November 14, 2016, 11:09:12 PM »

onemorefoot- I didn't ask about that nail, he just brought up this info to me.  I'll try to remember to ask next time.

Peaceout-
I had a gut feeling early on, but I gave it time to become educated on the process and to make sure I was making the right decision.

Dr. Paley understands.  He is totally fine with doing AL, and is confident enough to allow me to continue at home.
Up to 8cm is ok but of course i'm much more conservative with my goal. Ultimately, the nail that lengthens 5cm would fit in my humerus.
The first week it's exactly what you would expect a broken arm to feel like; I can only explain it as "fk."  My experience with hospital pain management has been less than stellar so I decided to forgo use of the PCA pump and painkillers during my 2 day stay.  I am however using light painkillers at the moment.  It's still extremely painful and hurts whenever I move it sharply or try to exert any strength.  Most of the time I have a pulsing pain from the osteotomy site.  It's more difficult than I expected.  The reality: none of this is easy.  Lengthening is relatively painless though.  I assume most of my pain is left over from the trauma caused to the bone and muscles from the bone osteotomy and nail insertion.  Physical therapy hurts quite a bit.  I can write just fine and using the computer is becoming easier everyday.  Hence my sudden posting- I was in lurker mode for a while. 

I understand people thought I looked normal in my pictures and in real life and I agree I looked surprisingly good next to a natural 5 10 but I don't think it's unreasonable for someone who grew 4.5 inches in their legs to want to balance it out by lengthening their arms.  Ultimately, I gave it a lot of thought and I am confident I made the right decision. 

I am at 1.6 cm right now and if everything goes well and looks well I will go to 4cm.

Finally, I don't regret lengthening the amount I did, but I do think I was naive for me to do so without giving thought to my arm length.  I was going to keep this surgery to myself but I was disappointed to find that Apo's diary was deleted and I was left with very little information to guide me.  The least I can do is be honest with you guys and I hope in return you guys can respect my decision to go through with this lengthening.   

apoxyomenos

« Reply #632 on: November 14, 2016, 11:44:47 PM »

Implicitly, even if the arm length is a better indicator than wingspan, you will verify the proportional vitruvian assumption according to which: new height about 176cm=new wingspan (168+4+4).
Thanks for sharing also this third experience in the forum, and good luck for this new journey!!!
It's all relative...

onemorefoot

« Reply #633 on: November 15, 2016, 12:37:26 AM »

Just one thing ,Iamready, since when did you save money??? You have put a lot of effort and money on it.
Budget will determine my future.

Iamready

« Reply #634 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:29 AM »

since 2007.

Ghostfish

« Reply #635 on: November 15, 2016, 05:18:19 AM »

Hi Iamready

Thanks for the update!!  I am very happy for you making a great progress.  You are really brave and amazing.  Ideally it would be better to lengthen arm as well.  I probably can't make enough time for both legs and arms, though.
Good luck for your all journey!

Best wish

rock112

« Reply #636 on: November 15, 2016, 05:51:10 AM »

Hi, I'm a complete moron when it comes to arm lengthening. Will arm lengthening impede any future ability to workout/build muscle/define your arms? And is the flexibility & range of motion recovery better than LL? There's very little information about AL out now unfortunately, thanks.

Peaceout

« Reply #637 on: November 15, 2016, 07:27:14 AM »

Thank you so much man.Please keep us updated.good luck!!

applesandoranges

« Reply #638 on: November 15, 2016, 09:16:08 AM »

Why lengthen humerus and not the forearm?

midnightninja

« Reply #639 on: November 15, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »

Why lengthen humerus and not the forearm?

From what I've read it is a lot harder and complicated to do forearm lengthening.
I haven't seen many people who have done it, humorous on the other hand. I have seen lots of people doing it.

goldenegg

« Reply #640 on: November 15, 2016, 11:37:58 PM »

I understand people thought I looked normal in my pictures and in real life and I agree I looked surprisingly good next to a natural 5 10 but I don't think it's unreasonable for someone who grew 4.5 inches in their legs to want to balance it out by lengthening their arms.  Ultimately, I gave it a lot of thought and I am confident I made the right decision. 

honestly I thought you looked great too. when you compared yourself to a natural 5'10 person were your arms noticeably shorter?

also, what did dr paley say about the prospects of a full recovery? do you think you will lose some arm strength in the long run and was this a trade-off you were willing to accept for better proportions?

best of luck man

Iamready

« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2016, 02:58:55 AM »

Hi, I'm a complete moron when it comes to arm lengthening. Will arm lengthening impede any future ability to workout/build muscle/define your arms? And is the flexibility & range of motion recovery better than LL? There's very little information about AL out now unfortunately, thanks.

My flexibility is great but range of motion is difficult on my right arm.  Its tough to raise my hand up, but i'm told it's due to the trauma of having a nail enter through the shoulder.  Other than having to wait a while to work my arms out again, gaining muscle on my arm should be similar to gaining muscle on your legs post LL.  I did a bit of snooping around and found some candid photos of Apotheosis pre and post arm lengthening.  His upper arms and shoulder region is very muscular post AL; it could just be his particular set of genetics.  But you're right, there is very little info on AL on cosmetic patients.  Besides Apo my research led me to people who did it on one arm looking to fix a discrepancy so ultimately we shall find out more together with time and hard work on my behalf.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:21:48 AM by Iamready »

Iamready

« Reply #642 on: November 18, 2016, 03:20:00 AM »

honestly I thought you looked great too. when you compared yourself to a natural 5'10 person were your arms noticeably shorter?

also, what did dr paley say about the prospects of a full recovery? do you think you will lose some arm strength in the long run and was this a trade-off you were willing to accept for better proportions?

best of luck man

The contrast of having long legs and short arms is something I took notice of, and I thought rather than convince myself I was ok with that difference, I decided to take action and did so responsibly.  I totally get
how some people think it's unnecessary; i'm not here to defend my decision but only to provide people with some insight on the process of arm lengthening.  I think it's realistic to expect some loss of strength similar to that of leg lengthening.  As with all things there are trade offs that an individual should take into account before undergoing this surgery.  Hopefully I make a strong recovery and when that time comes- good or bad- I will keep the forum updated.

applesandoranges

« Reply #643 on: November 18, 2016, 04:00:12 AM »

Ur also Lengthening forearm after?

Alu

« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2016, 04:06:40 AM »

The contrast of having long legs and short arms is something I took notice of, and I thought rather than convince myself I was ok with that difference, I decided to take action and did so responsibly.  I totally get
how some people think it's unnecessary; i'm not here to defend my decision but only to provide people with some insight on the process of arm lengthening.  I think it's realistic to expect some loss of strength similar to that of leg lengthening.  As with all things there are trade offs that an individual should take into account before undergoing this surgery.  Hopefully I make a strong recovery and when that time comes- good or bad- I will keep the forum updated.
Thanks for the information man. Appreciate your insight and honesty. No judgemnts here, and I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Ur also Lengthening forearm after?

No

Penguinn

« Reply #645 on: November 18, 2016, 04:08:31 AM »

You've got guts. Trade-offs in the arms sound worse than the legs. Hope it goes great for you. Your experience will be invaluable to those considering AL.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #646 on: November 18, 2016, 04:27:36 AM »

Damn dude, Dr Paley doesnt think doing a 3rd lengthening so soon will be bad for you? So much stress on your body in such a short period.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Iamready

« Reply #647 on: November 18, 2016, 04:56:46 AM »

Damn dude, Dr Paley doesnt think doing a 3rd lengthening so soon will be bad for you? So much stress on your body in such a short period.

I'm halfway done lengthening and the x-rays show good bone growth.  I think if I came into my consultation walking funky he wouldn't let me but he has so much experience with these surgeries that I trust he knows best.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #648 on: November 18, 2016, 05:41:05 AM »

Not so much wondering about your bones but more curious about your muscles. But you seem to be fine so hope it stays that way. You're a trooper.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Iamready

« Reply #649 on: November 18, 2016, 05:48:51 AM »

Not so much wondering about your bones but more curious about your muscles. But you seem to be fine so hope it stays that way. You're a trooper.

I'll definitely let you guys know if it wasn't wise to do all this so soon.

Peaceout

« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2016, 10:04:03 AM »

I'll definitely let you guys know if it wasn't wise to do all this so soon.
tyvm man,best wishes..
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25   Go Up