Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia lengthening 5 cm  (Read 7728 times)

Pat

• Visitor
Tibia lengthening 5 cm
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »

Dear Folks,

I would like to share my story, it migth help or encourage someone there. Im a south african, i was born with a leg shorter than the other. the discrepancy was about 10 cm...yes i mean 10 cm. I did lengthening of the tibia 6 months ago using the external fixator. I still have the fixator on my leg, I can walk without crutches and im able to climb the stairs using the rails. I have gained a total of 5 cm on my tibia and  in few days to come the fixator is coming off. Before the surgery, i was limping badly and when seated my shorter leg use to hang but not anymore. I dont feel skewed anymore even though i havent gained the other 5cm. after 12 months my doctor advised that we can do femoral lengthening. I thank God for my doctor, He is an amazing Doctor, one of the best in South Africa.

Good luck to all of you. Impossible is nothing!!

Sweden

Re: Tibia lengthening 5 cm
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »

Is the discrepancy 5cm on your tibia AND femur or is it only in tibia/femur?

Will the knees be aligned?

Who is your doctor?

Does he take cosmetic patients?
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:53:06 PM »

Dear Folks,

I would like to share my story, it migth help or encourage someone there. Im a south african, i was born with a leg shorter than the other. the discrepancy was about 10 cm...yes i mean 10 cm. I did lengthening of the tibia 6 months ago using the external fixator. I still have the fixator on my leg, I can walk without crutches and im able to climb the stairs using the rails. I have gained a total of 5 cm on my tibia and  in few days to come the fixator is coming off. Before the surgery, i was limping badly and when seated my shorter leg use to hang but not anymore. I dont feel skewed anymore even though i havent gained the other 5cm. after 12 months my doctor advised that we can do femoral lengthening. I thank God for my doctor, He is an amazing Doctor, one of the best in South Africa.

Good luck to all of you. Impossible is nothing!!

That's tough. Good that you're making progress and that you have faith in your doctor. Who is your doctor, btw? Is it Dr. Birkholtz?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Hunzeracol

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:17:33 AM »

I want you to try out the house.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 03:41:00 AM »

Congratulations mate. It makes me happy to hear this great technique has helped you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up