Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'3 to 5'8 proportions  (Read 21091 times)

53dude

5'3 to 5'8 proportions
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:56:25 PM »

My proportions 5'3 and 5'8 compared (2.5 inches both Tibia and 2.5 inches both Femur)
Hope to get some thoughts in how does that look

5'3
http://i.imgur.com/4nSjWRH.jpg

5'8
http://i.imgur.com/sGXJLSd.jpg

5'3 Legs and Top Body comparison
http://i.imgur.com/KugnDd5.jpg

5'8 Legs and Top Body comparison
http://i.imgur.com/upbJdR9.jpg

5'3 Casual clothing
http://i.imgur.com/WDqAYan.jpg

5'8 Casual clothing
http://i.imgur.com/LUFEVK9.jpg

5'3 Casual clothing legs and top comparison
http://i.imgur.com/sDHh6yx.jpg

5'8 Casual clothing legs top comparison
http://i.imgur.com/mqB6WET.jpg

5'3 and 5'8 side to side comparison
http://i.imgur.com/aF9STAS.jpg

5'3 and 5'8 side to side casual clothing comparison
http://i.imgur.com/y4Bl4a3.jpg

theuprising

Re: 5'3 to 5'8 proportions
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »

Honestly it looks bad like you have put a Child torso on adult legs. You can try and hide it with clothes but it only looks slightly better. Try 5'6 and how that looks.

Alu

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:07:57 PM »

Try 5'6 to 5'7

You wouldn't look too bad with at 8 or 10 cm frame increase. And say you reach 5'7 you'd be perfectly fine wt that height.

53dude

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »

Maybe I`m a little too greedy, I would reduce to like, 5'7 and 1/2, my torso is the length of a 5'7 guy
I`m 1.60m with 1.71 (+11cm) should be cool dont you think?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 12:16:20 AM »

I think the 5'8 with casual clothing one looks okay.  The 5'8 underwear pic doesn't look good to me, though.

Alu

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 12:23:00 AM »

Basically you can go for my own plan of reaching 5'7 and then simply wearing sneakers or any other sort of casual shoes that give a minimum of 3 cm (like Nike Airmax and most other formal shoe wear). It's a noticeable increase without lying to much.

53dude

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 12:23:44 AM »

That is what I thought initially, maybe I fked up at some point, the underwear pic isnt the best pic thou
5'8 would be the perfect but, anyways If it is to get 2 surgeries I`ll aim 5'7 1/2 something like (1.71)
Also I want to get more details on my measures somehow

53dude

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 12:24:22 AM »

This is exactly what I dont want, i want to be able to go out on my shorts and flip flops just as good

Alu

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 12:39:33 AM »

Then really accepting your limitations proportion wise would be the best outcome; it's essentially what I came to terms with myself. I know I can perfectly find happiness in being 5'7. It's an inch above my dad, it's average for my ethnicity (Mexican-Americans; 5'7), I'll be taller then most girls now, and really I may be called short here and there; but A) I won't be discriminated against, and B) if they call me that with malice that's on them for their  ty attitude and close-mindedness.

53dude

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 12:46:53 AM »

I think I`ll do well with like 5'7 1/2, it is basically 5'7 which would fit perfectly with my height now, the 1/2 is just so I can fit in my country`s medium height

DoingItForMe

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 02:17:19 AM »

That is what I thought initially, maybe I fked up at some point, the underwear pic isnt the best pic thou
5'8 would be the perfect but, anyways If it is to get 2 surgeries I`ll aim 5'7 1/2 something like (1.71)
Also I want to get more details on my measures somehow
Nah, you didn't screw up. I once tried to simulate a 5" gain with shoe lifts + my LL. I noticed that if I pulled my jeans all the way up so that my jean's crotch area was tight against my crotch, I looked very disproportional, like your underwear pic. But if I pulled the jeans down 2-3 inches, I looked proportional. You can get away with it if you're wearing clothes. Take off your clothes... and you'll look like a long-legged freak. Add that in with the scars, and any person will probably be able to tell that you had LL. You might have well save yourself the trouble at that point and wear shoe lifts.

But having gone through LL myself, I highly recommend that people try getting LL on femurs first before considering tibias. You don't know how difficult doing LL is until you do it. All the waiting. All the pain. All the physical therapy. And then to do it all over again a second time? Man.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Deads

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 01:32:19 PM »

Nah, you didn't screw up. I once tried to simulate a 5" gain with shoe lifts + my LL. I noticed that if I pulled my jeans all the way up so that my jean's crotch area was tight against my crotch, I looked very disproportional, like your underwear pic. But if I pulled the jeans down 2-3 inches, I looked proportional. You can get away with it if you're wearing clothes. Take off your clothes... and you'll look like a long-legged freak. Add that in with the scars, and any person will probably be able to tell that you had LL. You might have well save yourself the trouble at that point and wear shoe lifts.

But having gone through LL myself, I highly recommend that people try getting LL on femurs first before considering tibias. You don't know how difficult doing LL is until you do it. All the waiting. All the pain. All the physical therapy. And then to do it all over again a second time? Man.

I won't know what I'm truely talking about until I go through it myself, but if you lengthen over 2 surgeries and don't cross the 5cm barrier on either limb, then the whole LL experience should be a much quicker and easier experience all round. That's not to say that 5cm is an easy road. Just quicker and easier than 8!

DoingItForMe

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 11:15:08 PM »

I won't know what I'm truely talking about until I go through it myself, but if you lengthen over 2 surgeries and don't cross the 5cm barrier on either limb, then the whole LL experience should be a much quicker and easier experience all round. That's not to say that 5cm is an easy road. Just quicker and easier than 8!
53dude wants to do 2.5 inches (6.35 cm) on each. While the 6.35 cm on the femur would be slightly easier than my 8 cm, the 6.35 cm on the tibs are about the same experience as my femurs if not worse. Tibias are 1/4 slower to lengthen and heal than femurs.

But the hardest part of the surgery is actually the first 2 weeks after the surgery. So even if you do just 2 weeks of lengthening, you'll still experience the worst 2 weeks of your life. And if you do a second surgery, that's a month of agony.
Link to my experience

53dude

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 01:30:59 AM »

I think that everyone who goes to this surgery is already expecting the most excruciating pain for as long as it takes to length
But yeah reading your diary I might ask for Oxycontin/Advil, and stay the whole procedure on a hotel nearby or even in the hospital if possible
I consider myself as someone that handles pain extremely well thou, I already went to procedures that even the doctors said that would be painful without flinching
I would go down to 5cm on tibia if i judge the first 6 on the femurs too much

Infinity

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:33 AM »

legs look too long, i would not go above 5.7.

53dude

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 12:30:29 AM »

Even in the dressed pics? I think I should take better underwear pics because this one does`nt looks good compared to the dressed one

DoingItForMe

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 01:53:06 AM »

Even in the dressed pics? I think I should take better underwear pics because this one does`nt looks good compared to the dressed one
Sure, you will look fine in the dressed pics. But what happens when you need to get nked or wear shorts?
Link to my experience

Morgenst.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 05:30:07 AM »

Underwear pic is terrible looking- honestly it looks like an anime character. As a 5'3 dude myself i sympathize because 5'7 is my goal as well. I advise wearing jeans at waist level and getting shirts that run a bit longer, it will help your aesthetics tremendously. Other than that looks fine you won't look weird or anything just skinny.

Penguinn

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »

5'8 looks like your legs are stilts. Way too long.

And as a 5'2 guy who plans on going to 5'5 I can empathize a little, but you should keep a reasonable goal like 5'6. Us very-short guys look weirder when lengthening because of our initial length. For example, a 5'0 guy lengthening 4 inches will look like his legs are way too long, but a 6' guy going to 6'4 won't look that bad.

tl;dr
If I were you I'd do 5'6.

Morgenst.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 12:49:37 PM »

What's your wingspan?

Deads

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 10:29:53 AM »

You need to take a pic where your arms are by your side, in your undies, with no shirt on. THEN do the mock-up..

In long pants you do look okay. But like DIFM stated, what happens when you wear shorts? Are you going to end up being insecure about wearing anything but jeans and a shirt?

If I was in your position, this is what I'd do; lengthen to 5"6 and wear 5cm lifts. The lifts will take you to 5"8.. By doing this, you have the choice to go to the beach in your board shorts and look great.. Having a night out on the town or going to the mall? Whack the lifts on with your jeans and shirt and look acceptable.

.. Or hit 5'7 and be satisfied.

Either way, 5'8 is a little out of your realm if you want to look normal with little clothing on.

aspirant185

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 11:53:27 PM »

Don't listen to them man, just get the surgery done and enjoy your new life.

Nobody in their right mind when meeting you on the street will assume u had LL since nobody fking knows this thing exists. Some people naturally have longer legs. I know such person who is 175 cm but has legs of someone who should be 182-283. If you are in a night club among many people, do you think anybody watches your legs ?

Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Deads

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 12:06:28 AM »

Nobody in their right mind when meeting you on the street will assume u had LL since nobody fking knows this thing exists. Some people naturally have longer legs. I know such person who is 175 cm but has legs of someone who should be 182-283. If you are in a night club among many people, do you think anybody watches your legs ?

Generally I would agree with this statement if we were talking about 3-4 inches tops.. But he's lengthening 5 inches.. Though if you feel like you really want 5"8, go for it.

53dude

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 12:15:30 AM »

I`ll see I`m probably going to 4" or 4.5", thou I discovered that my mirror was inclined so I`ll take some better pictures.
I`m getting more worried about the pain recently thou, I'm planning to do in 4-5 years, so maybe the new generation will be already there and it will be less painful as they promise, that is something that gets an atheist praying my friends.

Deads

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 09:56:04 AM »

I`ll see I`m probably going to 4" or 4.5", thou I discovered that my mirror was inclined so I`ll take some better pictures.
I`m getting more worried about the pain recently thou, I'm planning to do in 4-5 years, so maybe the new generation will be already there and it will be less painful as they promise, that is something that gets an atheist praying my friends.

Haha yeah an incline mirror will fk things up.. Get someone to take it for you.. I think that 4 inches is a really noticeable increase in height and you'll be happy with the increase. 5"3 to 5"7 is huge. You might be still classed as shorter, but you'll feel a ton different. 5"3 in my eyes is very short for a man, so to go from very short to just short of average is breaking some huge barriers.

53dude

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2015, 09:22:32 PM »

Haha yeah an incline mirror will fk things up.. Get someone to take it for you.. I think that 4 inches is a really noticeable increase in height and you'll be happy with the increase. 5"3 to 5"7 is huge. You might be still classed as shorter, but you'll feel a ton different. 5"3 in my eyes is very short for a man, so to go from very short to just short of average is breaking some huge barriers.
The medium height in my region is on the range of 5'7 to 5'8 , bit even here I`m very short, so one that I know that is 5'7 here ever was said that they are short, even thou I`m not planning living here my whole life, my height would be on the medium for were I was born so I`m totally fine with it, jumping from very short to average would be amazing

Penguinn

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »

If I saw someone with the body of a 5'3 male and incredibly long legs(like he unfortunately looks in these pictures) I would absolutely notice. And people might not notice in a night club but these proportions are for life, while walking, sitting, talking in broad daylight...people definitely notice after a certain point.

Not trying to rattle anyone's goals but being reasonable is important.

53dude

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2015, 12:17:17 AM »

Alright fixed my mirror now, the result is FAR more accurate, check it out

In order 5'8 - 5'7.5 - 5'7 - 5'3 (actual height)
http://i.imgur.com/RJFPpVb.jpg

As I measured, I`m 85 cm sitting and 160cm tall, (10 cm diference) at night, I measured using a ruler but should be around that

theuprising

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2015, 12:33:34 AM »

5'7 max.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 12:34:45 AM »

You look a little leggy at 5'8, but nothing beyond what could occur naturally.  I think 5'9 would be too much, though.

53dude

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2015, 12:44:06 AM »

5'9 would be too much indeed, I personally think that I look ok 5'8, maybe I look better if I do some excercises but proportion wise, people who have long legs are normal, no one would notice I think
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up