Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT WOULD U DO IF LIMB LENGTHENING WAS NOT INVENTED  (Read 9127 times)

ramujp17

WHAT WOULD U DO IF LIMB LENGTHENING WAS NOT INVENTED
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:18:08 PM »

hii.. has it occurred to anyone about the big what if??. what if this medical procedure was not invented, what would u do to solve ur problem of height neurosis?? i would be looking for a genie in a bottle or magic beans if there was no way to increase ur height 
current height-163 cm dream height-167 cm

Deads

Re: WHAT WOULD U DO IF LIMB LENGTHENING WAS NOT INVENTED
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »

hii.. has it occurred to anyone about the big what if??. what if this medical procedure was not invented, what would u do to solve ur problem of height neurosis?? i would be looking for a genie in a bottle or magic beans if there was no way to increase ur height

Accept it.

After reading about all of the drawbacks of this surgery it makes me feel like I want to accept my height and move on anyway.

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »

it would be good

do not get this surgery

trust me... its not worth it... do not believe most of the  positive stories... some are probably  accurate, but most are not

accept your height, move on

YellowSpike

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »

If LL wasn't available, or just completely out of my means to get, it would it a whole lot easier to accept my height.

Just knowing that tibias is still on the table as a possibility makes it soooo hard to accept my height.

Revenge

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:01:28 PM »

ı think if we can acceept this we shoudnt be here

5.7to5.9

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 06:17:06 PM »

Accept and move on might help you to some extant, but it doesn't change your life drastically. I honestly believe change of perception with few cms can have a tremendous effect on one's life. It happened to me from obese to slim and fit( although I always had high energy levels to attract others, it does make a difference how you are perceived)

ouroboros

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:46:52 PM »

Sad to say, I think I would still have a "short man's complex" and overcompensate in other areas of my life.

Finding out about LL has giving me hope that at least this area of my life can be corrected, or at least drastically improved.    I no longer get offended if I hear "short" jokes, or when a friend, relative or people I do business with make a "short" remark about me.  It's like they can no longer try to bring me down to their level when they see me succeeding in life, and the only thing that used to get under my skin rolls of me like water from a duck's back.

That being said, I still need to go through with LL, but at least as of right this minute the gamble is completely under my control. 

YellowSpike

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 04:49:40 PM »

Accept it, and move on in life while dragging this massive insecurity along with me. Something I did for almost 30 years (and did pretty well). It's very hard...but it can be done.

Peaceout

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 07:12:33 PM »

Sad to say, I think I would still have a "short man's complex" and overcompensate in other areas of my life.

Finding out about LL has giving me hope that at least this area of my life can be corrected, or at least drastically improved.    I no longer get offended if I hear "short" jokes, or when a friend, relative or people I do business with make a "short" remark about me.  It's like they can no longer try to bring me down to their level when they see me succeeding in life, and the only thing that used to get under my skin rolls of me like water from a duck's back.

That being said, I still need to go through with LL, but at least as of right this minute the gamble is completely under my control.
Whats your height?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 11:53:31 PM »

Accept it.

After reading about all of the drawbacks of this surgery it makes me feel like I want to accept my height and move on anyway.
If you do, I applaud you. I don't know if it's because you remind me of my younger self and I feel like I have a chance to warn my younger self about this surgery. But as I'm still sitting here in pain from the surgery even 7 months after the surgery, I can tell you that it's not worth it. If the drawbacks and risks weren't there, I'd say that it's worth it. Heck, even the price tag doesn't matter, because you can work more and pay it off. But you're playing russian roulette with your health here. Maybe if the pain went away and my life returned back to normal again, I'd change my tune and recommend this surgery. But seeing how other patients have had permanent issues, I can't really advocate for this surgery as "worth it". I mean, yes, it cured my height neurosis. But god damn do I want my life to just return back to normal. Who cares what I look like anymore. I just want to be able to have a normal day without aches and pains in my legs and feet.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 12:25:44 AM »

If you do, I applaud you. I don't know if it's because you remind me of my younger self and I feel like I have a chance to warn my younger self about this surgery. But as I'm still sitting here in pain from the surgery even 7 months after the surgery, I can tell you that it's not worth it. If the drawbacks and risks weren't there, I'd say that it's worth it. Heck, even the price tag doesn't matter, because you can work more and pay it off. But you're playing russian roulette with your health here. Maybe if the pain went away and my life returned back to normal again, I'd change my tune and recommend this surgery. But seeing how other patients have had permanent issues, I can't really advocate for this surgery as "worth it". I mean, yes, it cured my height neurosis. But god damn do I want my life to just return back to normal. Who cares what I look like anymore. I just want to be able to have a normal day without aches and pains in my legs and feet.

When you say "other patients" do you mean Paley patients that you know of or in general?
I learned some stuff during this time

Max

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 04:40:57 AM »

Do drugs and kill myself, being short is not worth it man. People are mean.

Anyone thinking the same? Lets hold each other.
I feel you bro
*tightest hug possible*

ouroboros

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 05:58:16 AM »

Whats your height?

I'm 170cm evening height.

Do you smoke pot?  Just curious, not trying to make a joke.
It might help take the edge off, but I can understand if you are completely against it.

theuprising

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »

Do you think it was the 8cm, if you did 5 to 6cm do you think you'd be having these issues? What do you believe is the cause?

DoingItForMe

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 01:12:39 PM »

Do you smoke pot?  Just curious, not trying to make a joke.
It might help take the edge off, but I can understand if you are completely against it.
I can smoke pot to lower the pain. But I can also take some codeine or oxycodone to take it off as well. Those are prescription pills, though, and hard to get. It would suck though if I had to take drugs for the rest of my life to get rid of the pain. I'm very unproductive when I smoke pot.

Do you think it was the 8cm, if you did 5 to 6cm do you think you'd be having these issues? What do you believe is the cause?
It could be because of the 8cm. I'm not sure. I suspect that it is. I do recommend 5 cm over 8 cm as my legs only got tighter after 5 cm and where I lost my most flexibility after that. 5 cm was also when my height neurosis was cured. But I also recommend not doing it at all if you can avoid it, because who knows what the issue might be. My body could be damaged from the surgery itself. Right now I have this pain on the top of my left femur each time I move my left leg sideways or walk for more than 5 minutes. It's where they drilled a hole in my femur and put the rod in. Maybe the pain will go away when I exercise my legs even further or when they finally remove the rods. That's what I'm hoping for now. If I remember correctly, ProgramDude had a pain on my hip for up to a year until he removed the rods.

When you say "other patients" do you mean Paley patients that you know of or in general?
I meant in general, because I don't see many Paley diaries. I know that not everyone has permanent pain, but the risk of it is what makes it a gamble. If I end up with permanent pain even under Dr. Paley, then I would really not recommend this surgery at all. Only time will tell if that would happen. I want to know if ProgramDude (Paley patient) has any permanent pain. I asked him in his diary, but he didn't reply. He one of the closest cases to me. He also did 8 cm in femurs and had pain up to when he removed his rods. Then he broke his leg again, and there hasn't been much updates about his pain after that.
Link to my experience

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »

thx for the respone :)
  I wish you well. Hang in there as I am sure everything will be fine :)
I learned some stuff during this time

DoingItForMe

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »

thx for the respone :)
  I wish you well. Hang in there as I am sure everything will be fine :)
I hope so. It sucks to see other Paley patients doing well with no pain, while I have pain. It makes me wonder if something went wrong in my surgery/recovery.
Link to my experience

mrblack

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 05:50:05 PM »

Well thats a tough question. I am not sure yet if I will ever do a limb lengthening but to know that lengthening is at least possible makes me feel better. But to be honest we all know how difficult and costly such surgeries are and its anything but an easy step for every patient. I wish there would be an easier way to increase height than such an surgery with all the risks but there is no other way but accepting your height. And for some short people this pain is even stronger than any pain a limb lengthening can cause.

myloginacct

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 09:22:52 PM »

I think instead we'd have forums dedicated to helping men to move and establish themselves in countries with lower average male heights instead.

The Dreamer

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 09:35:40 PM »

As previous users did,I will answer too
I think the discover of LL worsened my BDD and in general my life.You have to be very strong minded to not leave LL to obsess your life and your mind.
Balancing the pros(the new hope of becoming taller) and contros I wish I never discovered that.
But now it's too late to have regrets
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

extremis

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 04:48:37 AM »

I think instead we'd have forums dedicated to helping men to move and establish themselves in countries with lower average male heights instead.

The first-ever realistic post I've seen from this user. This is what would actually happen. There would be forums dedicated to moving to Indonesia or other countries with VERY low average male heights.

To those talking about "accepting" their height in this thread:

There is no such thing as "acceptance". This is a myth perpetuated by the pseudoscientific "psychology" community. You do not "accept" traits about yourself that make you profoundly unhappy. You "resign" yourself to them, and live a deeply unhappy and unfulfilling life full of attempts to "fill the void" that not having what you want leaves in you. Resignation is NOT acceptance - not even close.

How many people would tell a man or a woman who's "unhappy with their gender" in 2018 to "accept" their birth gender and "move on" with their lives? How do you think the public at large would respond to you if you tried to tell a transsexual to "accept" their birth gender? Do you think people would agree with you, or do you think they'd call you a "hateful transphobic" for trying to prevent these people from "being happy" by "changing" the thing about themselves that makes them unhappy?

Now compare this to a short person who's unhappy with their height and wants to change it. All of a sudden the public perception is that the short person is "mentally ill" and needs "therapy", and they need to "accept their height". Why?

Simple: Because in 2018, it is publicly acceptable to be unhappy with your gender, but NOT with your height.

What would people do if limb lengthening didn't exist? Here's the real answer:

Some would """accept""" their height - i.e. try not to think about it, tell themselves that their height isn't the reason they can't attract women, get respect from male peers, get promoted/be taken seriously in the workplace, etc. Basically follow the concept that "if you ignore the problem, maybe it'll go away". Of course, it won't, and these people will age and die having lived deeply unfulfilling lives with a  load of "what ifs" and "if onlys" plaguing them on their deathbeds. They'd join "communities" (read: circlejerks) on the internet where short men gather to pretend that being short is really okay, heightism isn't really that bad after all, pretend like all the "advantages" of being short are super great and amazing, and how being short and living as a mistreated short man and being the butt of society's jokes "made them a better person" and how they wouldn't want to be tall even if they could be (sour grapes syndrome). Reddit's r/short is an EXCELLENT example of a "community" like this.

Some would commit suicide. We already know short men have double the suicide rate of tall men, and suicide rates have been climbing for a long time now.

Some would drop out of society, never leaving their houses and only doing the bare minimum at work that they have to do to get paid and support themselves. This is a common phenomenon today.

Body Builder

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 08:38:10 AM »

I would have been a really sad person.
LL gave me hope till my teenage years when I started tonsee that I won't become even average and learned about it.
From then and on I knew that what nature didn't give science will and I felt much better with myself knowing that my short stature is something temporary.
I never thought about the risks, I was very determined to do it and thats why I did everything as fast as I could (university etc) to do LL at my almost 23 years.

LL changed my life even before I did it and even now, the result of my first LL and the plans for my second one make me see everything much more optimistic.
I can't imagine how bad would have been my life without LL.

Android

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 09:01:24 AM »

I would have been a really sad person.
LL gave me hope till my teenage years when I started tonsee that I won't become even average and learned about it.
From then and on I knew that what nature didn't give science will and I felt much better with myself knowing that my short stature is something temporary.
I never thought about the risks, I was very determined to do it and thats why I did everything as fast as I could (university etc) to do LL at my almost 23 years.

LL changed my life even before I did it and even now, the result of my first LL and the plans for my second one make me see everything much more optimistic.
I can't imagine how bad would have been my life without LL.

I feel similar, CLL has made me very optimistic. Without knowing about CLL's existence, I would have just dealt with my short stature since I wouldn't have known any better, just like I had before knowing about it years ago. Slightly bitter and defeated, but I'd have managed by compromising.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 05:42:03 PM »

"dream height 167" lmao

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 07:17:21 PM »

Well, I have only known about LL since last october and I'm turning 20 in June so I would be lying if I said I have been having a rough time. Some guys my age are not even completely done growing in some cases. Which gives me a good reason to tell everyone why I am suddenly much taller. I would not beat myself up over it. I would not be sad at all. This surgery is not a need in my life but rather than a want. I feel like it will make me a happier person. Then again, I have not struggled that much because of my height considering I'm still a teen but I can't say what it would be like to live like this through adulthood.

kingofstory

• Visitor
  • Banned: Bander72 Mutiple Accounts
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2018, 08:06:01 AM »

I would wear lifts and resign myself. I am lucky to not have a very bad starting height. I can imagine for the 5"5 and shorter guys, that this would be a harsher reality.

myloginacct

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2018, 11:37:16 AM »

The first-ever realistic post I've seen from this user. This is what would actually happen. There would be forums dedicated to moving to Indonesia or other countries with VERY low average male heights.

There is no such thing as "acceptance". This is a myth perpetuated by the pseudoscientific "psychology" community. You do not "accept" traits about yourself that make you profoundly unhappy. You "resign" yourself to them, and live a deeply unhappy and unfulfilling life full of attempts to "fill the void" that not having what you want leaves in you. Resignation is NOT acceptance - not even close.

How many people would tell a man or a woman who's "unhappy with their gender" in 2018 to "accept" their birth gender and "move on" with their lives? How do you think the public at large would respond to you if you tried to tell a transsxxual to "accept" their birth gender? Do you think people would agree with you, or do you think they'd call you a "hateful transphobic" for trying to prevent these people from "being happy" by "changing" the thing about themselves that makes them unhappy?

Now compare this to a short person who's unhappy with their height and wants to change it. All of a sudden the public perception is that the short person is "mentally ill" and needs "therapy", and they need to "accept their height". Why?

Simple: Because in 2018, it is publicly acceptable to be unhappy with your gender, but NOT with your height.

Some would """accept""" their height - i.e. try not to think about it, tell themselves that their height isn't the reason they can't attract women, get respect from male peers, get promoted/be taken seriously in the workplace, etc. Basically follow the concept that "if you ignore the problem, maybe it'll go away". Of course, it won't, and these people will age and die having lived deeply unfulfilling lives with a  load of "what ifs" and "if onlys" plaguing them on their deathbeds. They'd join "communities" (read: circlejerks) on the internet where short men gather to pretend that being short is really okay, heightism isn't really that bad after all, pretend like all the "advantages" of being short are super great and amazing, and how being short and living as a mistreated short man and being the butt of society's jokes "made them a better person" and how they wouldn't want to be tall even if they could be (sour grapes syndrome). Reddit's r/short is an EXCELLENT example of a "community" like this.

Some would commit suicide. We already know short men have double the suicide rate of tall men, and suicide rates have been climbing for a long time now.

Some would drop out of society, never leaving their houses and only doing the bare minimum at work that they have to do to get paid and support themselves. This is a common phenomenon today.

CLL is not well-known and it is such a huge sacrifice.

If there was an easy and cheap procedure for getting height, I think heightism would eventually go away, as most short men would get that and height would be a non-issue. People try to accept their height (and/or use shoes/lifts) because it's the most realistic thing most people can do.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »

Amen to that! I couldn't have said it better myself. When I told my family (who are all taller than me) about this surgery they were shocked but  not all that much. They tried to convince me why my height was "okay" . What I hate the most is naive people, average and tall men will never know what a pain it is to see a preschooler stand taller than you.

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »

How many people would tell a man or a woman who's "unhappy with their gender" in 2018 to "accept" their birth gender and "move on" with their lives? How do you think the public at large would respond to you if you tried to tell a transsxxual to "accept" their birth gender? Do you think people would agree with you, or do you think they'd call you a "hateful transphobic" for trying to prevent these people from "being happy" by "changing" the thing about themselves that makes them unhappy?

Some would """accept""" their height - i.e. try not to think about it, tell themselves that their height isn't the reason they can't attract women, get respect from male peers, get promoted/be taken seriously in the workplace, etc. Basically follow the concept that "if you ignore the problem, maybe it'll go away". Of course, it won't, and these people will age and die having lived deeply unfulfilling lives with a  load of "what ifs" and "if onlys" plaguing them on their deathbeds. They'd join "communities" (read: circlejerks) on the internet where short men gather to pretend that being short is really okay, heightism isn't really that bad after all, pretend like all the "advantages" of being short are super great and amazing, and how being short and living as a mistreated short man and being the butt of society's jokes "made them a better person" and how they wouldn't want to be tall even if they could be (sour grapes syndrome). Reddit's r/short is an EXCELLENT example of a "community" like this.

This is a fantastic explanation by the poster.

Astronomy

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 04:44:55 PM »

Take the train to Guangdong Province to farewell to my first lover and then go back home ending up with using charcoals to kill myself.

Kal el

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 04:58:43 PM »

I think it's ur genetics coz maybe u got really poor pain tolerance..or may be something definitely whent sideways duting ur surgery..whatever is the case i hope u get to normal soon and enjoy life as a normal taller person.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up