Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Fitbone  (Read 107262 times)

helloworld

Re: Limb lengthening with Fitbone
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »

Here are the videos of the exercise I promised:
1. biking:
2. leg exercise:
3. weights:

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

alps

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2017, 02:49:57 PM »

wow the facilities seem nice!

It's refreshing to see someone keep so active while lengthening. Is this the norm with most patients? I had imagine being bed-ridden all the time.

helloworld

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »

You are bed ridden for one week.
Then you are wheelchair bound (if you use Fitbone and do two limbs at the same time) but are already able to stand up and exercise just not walk.
Later, as you have good bone formation, you can walk using a walking frame or crutches.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »

helloworld, how is your strength/endurance in your legs during this time? The level of your PT is impressive.

notimportant

« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2017, 10:02:35 PM »

wow the facilities seem nice!

It's refreshing to see someone keep so active while lengthening. Is this the norm with most patients? I had imagine being bed-ridden all the time.

Most patients are bed-ridden or wheelchair-bounded.

Whera re you? These pics are not the guesthouse. Look at other diaries. You can't find those machines in guesthouse only stationary bike and parallel bars as seen in Bhemias videos.

Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

helloworld

« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2017, 05:22:39 AM »

Most patients are bed-ridden or wheelchair-bounded.

Whera re you? These pics are not the guesthouse. Look at other diaries. You can't find those machines in guesthouse only stationary bike and parallel bars as seen in Bhemias videos.
Notimportant,
Living in the guesthouse, the Mic, is nice, as the gym and pool is part of it and especially as other patients live there. But after 2 months in the Mic I was getting bored. So as soon as I was able to use the walking frame, I started going to my company's office in Barcelona and living in a private appartment. In other words I started leading a "normal" life.

Pictures where taken at the Dir, http://www.dir.cat/en/clubs-dir/dir-gracia which is 40 meters from my office. I go there twice a day for around 40 minutes each.

Not only does it feel like a "normal" life, but it is also cheaper. 1600 euro for Mic vs 600 euro for private apartment plus 65 euro per month for gym.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2017, 05:31:10 AM »

helloworld, how is your strength/endurance in your legs during this time? The level of your PT is impressive.
I am quite happy about muscle strenght. Only thing bothering me is that left leg is lagging behind the right.

However, I am not able to run yet, so it is hard to compare to my pre-LL state.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2017, 09:15:39 AM »

Today, I measured my thigh circumfrence.
Right: 56 cm
Left: 54 cm

2 months ago:
RIght: 53 cm
Left: 51 cm

Preop: 57 cm

As my femur increased 12% I will need to increase the circumference to 64 cm to stay with the same proportions. However, as even Cristiano CRonnie7 has a thigh circumference of "only" 61 cm, I think I will try to get to 60 cm.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c8/ae/c5/c8aec5f2da96da0a7fe1207fce44c0d2.jpg
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:42:37 AM by helloworld »
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2017, 11:54:13 AM »

About my experience with Wittenstein (Fitbone manufacturer) so far:
I am sad, that I am not able to write many positive things so far.
  • My Fitbone failed and I got a replacement. ”
  • After that happend I met a company rep, who excused himself for the failure and seemed nice. I thus started giving them lots of valuable advice on their sales and marketing as well as building relation to patients (I am a marketer and business consultant).
  • However, the company rep did not want to make any statement of how they will compensate me for the additional pain, hospital stay and lost time, but instead said they need to analyze what happened.
  • I still have not heard anything about the result of this analysis nor about if and how they company plans to compensate me.
  • I wrote the company rep 3 weeks ago about the fact that many patients had their Fitbone lengthen less than 0.03 mm per click and only got the reply that I should talk about my healing process with the doctor!? 
  • I called several times but the only time I was able to get to the company rep, he said he had no time to talk to me. 
  • The next time I was able to get through to somebody within Fitbone division, I was told that the person was not aware that a lengthening of less than 0.03 mm was possible and that he does not know of any case, where a preconsolidation had happened. 
  • On my mail to get urgent advice on how to get my Fitbone to work, I did not get an answer.
  • On my mail today asking: 1. “What about the amount of lengthening per click, could that be less than 0.03 mm?” 2. “What about the results of the analysis to determine reason of failure of my Fitbone?” 3. “What to do when Fitbone stops working, due to preconsolidation?” I got the reply again: “We cannot and are not allowed to comment on your healing process, we only make the Fitbone.”

Thus, so far I am not happy with their reaction, but still hope that this is just a miscommunication and that they will soon reply with actual answers, excuse themselves and compensate me. I will keep you updated!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

notimportant

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2017, 05:39:20 PM »

The Fitbone manufacturer has a bad policy. It's evident why you're not happy with them but you've got them by the balls. You could get lots of money from them and Musicmaker would become a millionaire. If you sue them and the doctor and the fake PT as I've told you you will be rich forever. You've got them by the balls.

helloworld

« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »

The Fitbone manufacturer has a bad policy. It's evident why you're not happy with them but you've got them by the balls. You could get lots of money from them and Musicmaker would become a millionaire. If you sue them and the doctor and the fake PT as I've told you you will be rich forever. You've got them by the balls.
I do not think I can get lots of money from them. And suing the doctor? He has done an excellent job!

What you are right about is that despite the fact that overall everything worked out nicely for me so far, I did incur costs that were caused by the implant failure. This implant failure was not due to the manufacturer's negligence but just due to bad luck. However, as a product manufacturer, at least according to German law, you are responsibe for product failure even if you are not negligent.

The liability of the manufacturer according to German law encompasses:
1. replacement implant
2. payment of the replacement operation and hospital
3. lost work time of patient
4. non-material damages, iE pain
5. consequential damages due to incomplete recovery
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »

ONe month after operation i (with the help of Auron) had made these videos, that show you my work out routine at the MIC residence.
Sorry for the bad audio quality.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

zantac20

« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2017, 01:36:34 PM »

Those last videos do not work for me  bro

zantac20

« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2017, 06:09:41 PM »

they do work now, sorry ;D

notimportant

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2017, 12:02:59 AM »

Perhaps you can't get much money because your Fitbone was replaced in a matter of days and your hospital bills were paid but you can still get money. And what about Musicmaker? She could be a millionaire if she wanted. Her implants failed for no reason and they didn't replace the implants for months! They also wanted to make her pay for external fixator (not American guy) and not new fitbone. Lluser1 explained that according to fellow patients after the fitbone failure in OR she was sent home from hospital in one day because nobody wanted to pay the bills and the poor girl was crying in pain in the guest house for weeks. IMO what they have done with Musicmaker is inhumane. She will suffer physical and emotional sequels for life after so many surgeries and so much work time lost so she could become a millionaire if she sued them all. You both should work together against Fitbone and I would ask you to encourage her to sue too as well as all the people who had problems with the implants and the doctor.

KrP1

« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2017, 12:25:52 AM »

Hahaha it's nice to see those places of the mics again. I was there to many times and the vídeo remembers me good moments

« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2017, 01:02:17 AM »

You should definitely get a lawyer on that. If what @notimportant says is true about the german law then Fitbone should recompensate you for the implant replacement absolutely. Sueing Dr. Monegal is extreme and dirty but sueing Fitbone should be considered they false advertise with incorrect info stating their product either never fails or give a very,very low percentage failure rate yet there are several diaries here that had nail failure and thats only the nail failures that we know and is documented. Imagine all the people around the world that had Fitbone operated in them and failed. Dirty company. Shame the left leg has to play catch up.

notimportant

« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2017, 01:24:04 AM »

First I thought only Fitbone was liable but I've learnt that the doctor is also liable for other reasons such as false advertisement about rate of implant failures and complications. There is also the issue of the fake PT. I investigated the name Claudio Favro and he isn't licensed to work as a physiotherapist by Colegie de Fisioterapeutes. In fact he doesn't have any university degree at all. In this case I also thought only this shady guy was liable but Helloworld posted here it was the doctor who recommended him and other patients told me he forced them to hire this unlicensed guy as a PT so he is also liable.

« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2017, 01:59:21 AM »

First I thought only Fitbone was liable but I've learnt that the doctor is also liable for other reasons such as false advertisement about rate of implant failures and complications. There is also the issue of the fake PT. I investigated the name Claudio Favro and he isn't licensed to work as a physiotherapist by Colegie de Fisioterapeutes. In fact he doesn't have any university degree at all. In this case I also thought only this shady guy was liable but Helloworld posted here it was the doctor who recommended him and other patients told me he forced them to hire this unlicensed guy as a PT so he is also liable.

Maybe but the doctor is essentially only at fault on whatever happens in the operation room after that it isn't in his hands apart from supplying the patient on how he is doing,advice,and guidance of course.

If the PT u speak about is truly fake that's potentially endangering for patients that aren't educated about what to do themselves as far as PT goes but in the case of @helloworld since he was knowledgeable in what to do for PT he has no place in attacking this PT Claudio. Are you a ex-patient of Monegal? because u seem passionate about him in particular
But i think for the case of @helloworld he should definitely without a doubt do something about Fitbone neglecting him and not acknowledging his complaints. This can't go silenced.

helloworld

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2017, 06:32:14 AM »

I do not want to sue anybody!
I am very happy with my doctor, I was happy with my personal trainer Claudio and I still have to make a final opinion on Fitbone.
Nobody should want to sue, because suing is a lot of headache for everybody and if you are happy there is totally no reason to sue.

But if any of you wanted to sue any person for an unsuccesful LL, then going after the implant mannufacturer would be better. The implant manufacturer is liable no matter if it was negligent or not, while a doctor is only liable for negligence and that has to be proven by the patient.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »

Quick update on Fitbone:
1. I finally have been able to talk to the Fitbone company, Wittenstein; not with the representative that I had talked to before, but with the CEO.
2. He was finally able to answer all my questions.
3. About the compensation, which in my case would be low, a couple of thousand USD max., he offered for me to talk to the Wittenstein company lawyer,  which is great, as I really want to find an amicable solution outside court.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

notimportant

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »

Couple of thousand USD? Bad joke!

helloworld

« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2017, 01:15:17 PM »

Couple of thousand USD? Bad joke!
As a patient I am responsible for all the bad consequences of LL myself.
Only for those consequences that result from a product failure and go beyond what should normally be expected from LL, is the implant manufacturer liable for.
In my case this damage, beyong what I would have without implant failure, seems to be little. In the case of musicmaker it might be a bit more.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

notimportant

« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »

A bit more? Bad joke too. This shady manufacturer should be exposed if they don't compensate adequately all patients with bad implants.

helloworld

« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2017, 10:03:33 PM »

A bit more? Bad joke too. This shady manufacturer should be exposed if they don't compensate adequately all patients with bad implants.
The Fitbone manufacturer is Wittenstein, a company that has been producing precision engines for over 60 years and has revenue of over 300 million and around 2000 employees.
So I would not call them "shady".
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2017, 10:33:36 PM »

Fantastic physical therapy helloworld. Are the gym and pool at the facility?

Body Builder

« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2017, 11:21:35 PM »

The Fitbone manufacturer is Wittenstein, a company that has been producing precision engines for over 60 years and has revenue of over 300 million and around 2000 employees.
So I would not call them "shady".
Yes but still fitbone has more problems than it should considering that it comes from a so big company .

notimportant

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2017, 11:42:51 PM »

They say it doesn't fail but it fails quite often as in Helloworld and Musicmaker and other people had problems with screws and broken and bent nails

notimportant

« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2017, 11:57:47 PM »

Sue them. You've got them by the balls.

notimportant

« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »

No news?

helloworld

« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2017, 09:30:41 PM »

No news?
There have been some news, I got a respone from Wittenstein. But I want to confirm my opinion first, before talking too much about Fitbone here, and then having to revise it later.
Will let y'all know soon.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up