Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Fitbone  (Read 106891 times)

Datum

Re: Limb lengthening with Fitbone
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2017, 04:38:58 PM »

Did Wittenstein pay a compensation to you?
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

helloworld

« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »

Did Wittenstein pay a compensation to you?
Nothing yet. Still discussing. They examined the Fitbone that was replaced and apparantly everything was working.
I had a nice conversation with them 2 weeks ago.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »

I think Helloworld if you were a Olympic runner at the top of your potential, you would never be as good. But if you are an average person there is still a lot you could improve by training to the point of maybe even becoming better than before LL.
Let's see.
We are at similar stage, so will be interesting how fast we can get to "normal".
What are the experiences of the LL veterans, besides Body Builider? Anybody else who is running fast or not so fast?
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Milko

• Visitor
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2017, 05:48:35 PM »

How much did you end up lengthening?

helloworld

« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »

5 cm.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

alps

« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2017, 06:17:03 PM »

do you feel significantly taller?

helloworld

« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2017, 06:25:32 PM »

no, not significantly.
Afterall it is only 2.5%.
5 cm on my penis would be a more significant.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:48:56 PM by helloworld »
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

paco1

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »

jajjajajjjaj

alps

« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2017, 07:13:58 PM »

so was it all worth it?

Body Builder

« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2017, 07:32:49 PM »

Are you sure that patients post LL run slower? Dr. Monegal said I could run a little faster eventually as I have longer legs.
This is nonsense and I wonder how a doctor could say such a thing.

By lengthening only one segment mean that the biomechanics of the foot are completely out.
Even a 2 segment lengthening to keep the proportions of the foot the same would make the running slower and more unstable because the stretching of soft tissues change their abilities and they are not as capabke as before lengthening.

So I am completely sure and all patients and doctors know that noone can be as capable as before LL. If you find someone who says that he runs faster, walk for more distances, is more stable etc after LL, then he is a liar. But I've never seen anyone to say that.
Some patient reach close to 90% while others maybe less than 70% (I am not talking for extreme lengthenings or major complications).
Anything more than 80% is a very good outcome.

But be faster than before is a joke.
I wonder how Monegal said something like that.

@LL south america: if someone is completely untrained before LL and work out a lot after LL maybe he will reach the 90% of pre LL condition.
But you compare someone who doesn't train before LL with someone (even the same person) who train a lot after LL. This is a nonsense comparison because we talk about the body's capabilities before and after LL which are worse after. So if you worked out the same before and after LL, before you would have been from 10 to 30% better.

onemorefoot

« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »

Even larger femurs with even shorter mean that the biomechanics of the foot are comoletely out.
Even a 2 segment lengthening to keep the proportions of the foot the same would make the running slower and more unstable because the stretching of soft tissues change their abilities and they are not as capabke as before lengthening.

So I am completely sure and all patients and doctors know that noone can be as capable as before LL.
Some patient reach close to 90% while others maybe less than 70% (I am not talking for extreme lengthenings or major complications).

Maybe he wanted to say that more length more distance, the longer the limb more distance in less time, but you are right he didnt think in the damage to the tissues.
Budget will determine my future.

helloworld

« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »

By lengthening only one segment mean that the biomechanics of the foot are completely out.

So I am completely sure and all patients and doctors know that noone can be as capable as before LL. If you find someone who says that he runs faster, walk for more distances, is more stable etc after LL, then he is a liar. But I've never seen anyone to say that.

@LL south america: if someone is completely untrained before LL and work out a lot after LL maybe he will reach the 90% of pre LL condition.
But you compare someone who doesn't train before LL with someone (even the same person) who train a lot after LL. This is a nonsense comparison because we talk about the body's capabilities before and after LL which are worse after. So if you worked out the same before and after LL, before you would have been from 10 to 30% better.
He said it would take time, but lengthening should not have any negative impact. I think the faster was said jokingly.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »

Maybe he wanted to say that more length more distance, the longer the limb more distance in less time, but you are right he didnt think in the damage to the tissues.
This is a very simplistic approach. If it was right then runners would break their bones to have longer limbs to be even faster

But this is completely wrong.
Tha change in biomechanics and the soft tissue damage are more than enough to never be like before.

helloworld

« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2017, 07:51:34 PM »

You are giving me the motivation to try to reach 100% :-)
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2017, 08:36:49 PM »

You think he will reach the 90 % of pre LL condition but it's possible to reach even 100%. Of course your THEORETICAL body capabilities are worse after LL. But for your own functionality, if you work hard you could achieve at least what you have before. Imagine my body could run 100 m in 11 s (this is the ideal top for my body in my top condition), but I run 100 m in 12 s (before LL, because I was untrained). If I trained a lot after LL perhaps my ideal mark for my body is no longer 11 s but 11.5 s. After LL I trained for years and my mark is 11.7 seconds.

What are the results... I'm faster than my pre LL state even if the damage of my body is permanent and I lost some potential. I mean it could be possible. But as helloworld I will try to prove you wrong :)
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

helloworld

« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »

You think he will reach the 90 % of pre LL condition but it's possible to reach even 100%. Of course your THEORETICAL body capabilities are worse after LL. But for your own functionality, if you work hard you could achieve at least what you have before. Imagine my body could run 100 m in 11 s (this is the ideal top for my body in my top condition), but I run 100 m in 12 s (before LL, because I was untrained). If I trained a lot after LL perhaps my ideal mark for my body is no longer 11 s but 11.5 s. After LL I trained for years and my mark is 11.7 seconds.

What are the results... I'm faster than my pre LL state even if the damage of my body is permanent and I lost some potential. I mean it could be possible. But as helloworld I will try to prove you wrong :)
Actually, we all agree that:
-it is possible to get close to state before LL, maybe 80%, maybe 99%
-it is a process that takes time, so we cannot expect to stop lengthening and start already at prior state
-the more you lengthen, the worse is recovery

LLSouthAmerica, let's recover 100% ! :-)
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »

If we talked about 0.5 seconds yes, you would have been right.
But if you ran at 11s before LL, after LL you would be close to 16s if everything went well.
So even if you try hard to make 16s something like 14s, still you won't be close to 11s that your body could do before LL.

90% rehabilitation has to do with your overall condition. The difference in times would be much higher than just a 10%.

Anyway, I really don't think a person who is not a professional athlete should care so much for all these.
If he does, then he should not do LL.
Every sensible LL'er should be ok with a normal walking, no pains, the ability to run relatively fast and some good balance.
If he had all these, things important for a normal life, plus a better height and all the benefits from it, he should be really happy.
Even if you run 30-40% slower I can't understand why is it a big deal.

helloworld

« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2017, 06:02:40 AM »

If we talked about 0.5 seconds yes, you would have been right.
But if you ran at 11s before LL, after LL you would be close to 16s if everything went well.
So even if you try hard to make 16s something like 14s, still you won't be close to 11s that your body could do before LL.

90% rehabilitation has to do with your overall condition. The difference in times would be much higher than just a 10%.

Anyway, I really don't think a person who is not a professional athlete should care so much for all these.
If he does, then he should not do LL.
Every sensible LL'er should be ok with a normal walking, no pains, the ability to run relatively fast and some good balance.
If he had all these, things important for a normal life, plus a better height and all the benefits from it, he should be really happy.
Even if you run 30-40% slower I can't understand why is it a big deal.
Thanks for you input!
These where my times before LL:
100 m     13.8 sec
400 m      59 sec
1 km        2:58
1.5 km     4:52
4 km        14:58
All measured 1.5 years ago, after trying hard for several month to crack the 1 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute and 15 minute respective barriers.
I hope to not have lost as much as you say, BodyBuilder, so I will measure my performance over the next year and let you know.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:16:14 AM by helloworld »
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #235 on: May 20, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »

I got this question:
Can I do fitbone on tibia ?
If I can what's the maximum I can do ?

Yes, fitbone on tibia is possible.
Maximum for fitbone is 8cm but I think amounts lengthened for tibia are generally less than for femur.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Four Inch

« Reply #236 on: May 20, 2017, 11:53:52 AM »

Helloworld, your videos are very much inspiring; considering the length of time since your procedure, I am extremely encouraged.  With your level of determination, I'm confident you will reach your pre-LL running times.   It's amazing what one can accomplish with determination.

That is the thing with Dr. Monegal, it's sometimes hard to tell if he is joking or serious; he has sort of a dry since of humor. ( as do I).   If he were to ask me to offer him any constructive criticism, it would be to try to speak with absolute precision when conversing with his patients.  With that being said, I am very happy that I selected Dr. Monegal; he has a great personality and I truly believe I am in both skilled and caring hands.

Good Luck!

helloworld

« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2017, 10:27:38 AM »

Helloworld, your videos are very much inspiring; considering the length of time since your procedure, I am extremely encouraged.  With your level of determination, I'm confident you will reach your pre-LL running times.   It's amazing what one can accomplish with determination.

That is the thing with Dr. Monegal, it's sometimes hard to tell if he is joking or serious; he has sort of a dry since of humor. ( as do I).   If he were to ask me to offer him any constructive criticism, it would be to try to speak with absolute precision when conversing with his patients.  With that being said, I am very happy that I selected Dr. Monegal; he has a great personality and I truly believe I am in both skilled and caring hands.

Good Luck!
I think every LL patient has a lot of determination.
But in fact I would say determination was important in the first 3 month, while I was at Mic. There I was focusing on LL and recovery. But for the last 3 months, I have been following my normal routine: going to the office every day, exercising at least once a day, eating healthy and sleeping well.  So apart from posting on this forum and taking x-rays, I have not really done anything different as compared to before LL and thus needed no determination.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2017, 12:55:35 PM »

75 jumps:

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2017, 01:25:31 PM »

Helloworld how much time you have since you stopped lengthening?
I don't think is too much for doing all these jumps which I think they are very risky for your bone and the nail at this time.

I don't know if you have the ok from Monegal for these exercises but I think it is very soon for that. Please be careful.

helloworld

« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »

Thanks for your concern!
It has already been 6 weeks since I stopped lengthening, 7 week for my right leg.
Dr. Monegal saw my x-rays and said that running and jumping is no problem, as bone is very solid.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Body Builder

« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »

Solid bone just 6 weeks after lengthening?
I know that Betz whose nails are stronger than fitbone doesn't let jumping for months after lengthening and it is strange for me that you jump so much only after 6 weeks you stopped lengthening.
I am curious to see your last x ray.

But you look very good for so little time after lengthening.
Keep strong!

Auron

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »

You can't compare the bone consolidation while using fitbone and while using betz nails. Helloword has reached a point where the strenght of the nail no longer matters.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2017, 02:42:33 PM »

Hello world how long did it take you to reach 5 cm? It's not only the time after stopping lengthening that matters but from the day of the surgery.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

helloworld

« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »

Hello world how long did it take you to reach 5 cm? It's not only the time after stopping lengthening that matters but from the day of the surgery.
Very good point! Bone consolidation good because I lengthened 5 cm over 5 months, meaning only 1 cm per month.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »

Someone asked for pictures of scars; here they are:
http://imgur.com/a/SrSAT
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2017, 05:48:35 PM »

Yeah about 6 months is more than enough time for the femur to consolidate if you are young and male! Just take it easy and work your way up progressively! I'm really curious about the MIC, next time I'm in Spain I'll visit. Congratulations Helloworld, how tall are you now?
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Datum

« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »

Southamerica wants to meet Musicmaker
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17   Go Up