Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey to become taller with Indian Spinal Injuries Centre  (Read 42644 times)

LLSouthAmerica

Re: My journey to become taller with Indian Spinal Injuries Centre
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »

Hi Chris. We are more or less the same height so I understand how the world treat us. However, even if I'm intruding, I wanted to advise you to do what is best for your health. Your father is giving you a second chance to return to normal life. Do a damage control surgery in Germany, let your bones heal and afterwards do a corrective surgery of the leg discrepancy. Your health is more important than your height ambition.
Hope you recover fast
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Ozymandias

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2017, 10:14:24 PM »

Hang in there Chris.

I also think that option 2 is the best decision. A 1 inch leg discrepancy for one year does not sound that bad. Hopefully a more capable doctor can fix your leg after that.

Good luck and my best wishes for you, buddy.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »

I'm really pulling for you Chris.

Body Builder

« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2017, 01:39:54 AM »

Chris, considering that you have a nail on your tibias I don't think that the risk of misalignment is so big.
So if I were you I would try to continue lengthening to have both my legs equal and not do another surgery only to fix this discrepancy.
After all you will do X rays so if you start to see a misalignment then you'll stop.

The faults that Deepak did to your surgery are some of the worst I've ever seen and I understood it from the first time I saw your X rays with one of your tibias broken in 3 spots and your fibulas been cut so much that a non alignment is almost for granted.
The good thing is that all these can be fixed and only fibulas will probably remain non aligned but in reality you can be completely functional even with fibulas open, because only cuts next to ankle are important for fibulas, cuts so higher doesn't really matter..

Anyway, you must be optimist and if you really want to become taller, noone can deny you your dream.
You are young and you have plenty of time to do another LL in a good doctor this time and not in the butchers of India who had crippled many LLers.

Keep strong dude!

onemorefoot

« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2017, 07:08:37 AM »

My God
Chris, fix your legs with a good doctor and after that think about femurs.I wanted to go to Russia the Next year but I think I will wait a little more. If you want femurs use only the best devices, I know that low price is very attractive, but if the devices in femurs are not accurate, you can end with permanent damage. About the idea of dying, I cant understand like you the horrible situation you are living, but all have a second opportunity, you will see.
My best wishes
Budget will determine my future.

Bander72

« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2017, 09:26:32 AM »

Getting taller should be the least of your concerned you are messed up right know. You really should wait until you are financially independent because I think you're dad would carry out his threat if you tried it again.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Chris

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2017, 11:22:35 PM »

Thanks for your replies and condolences :)

I decided to keep my monorail fixator on until my left leg is fully consolidated. Not another surgery to lock the second nail.
I have a lot of cracks and bone fragments in my left tibia. In fact, it looks like scrambled eggs. The widest gap is just 7mm, so hopefully consolidation shouldn't take longer than 3 month.
It will save my dad a lot of money and I already asked my parents if I could use that money for later fixing my leg (leg discrepancy and foot angle) instead of just locking the nail.
To my supersize, both agreed under one condition: no more wheelchair.
They want to see me healthy enough to walk on crutches and to attend university, which will start on Monday again.
If I can't do it, they will make me lock the second nail to speed up the process.
I've been successfully trying to walk on crutches since two days after surgery (last week), so challenge accepted ;D

My plans are to first recover from my LL surgeries and especially have my left leg healed up completely.
Then in March 2018 which is exactly one year from now, I will have my rods removed and my left tibia broken again.
It will be unilateral lengthening for just 2,1cm (right leg is 2,3cm; left leg is 7mm but it was 5mm shorter than my right leg initially).
I don't want to and I probably can't put another nail in my tibia, so I will have to live with the fixator for up to 6 month.
Keeping my fixator on now for another ~3 month will show me if I could really do it. I could have the nail locked any time this time, but not later.

I don't know where I could fit in LON femurs timewise and I still need a very good explanation for my father why I need to go to a foreign doctor again and why he is save this time around.
I'm thinking about Dr. Mitcovic or Dr. Solomin.
But I have one year to figure out :P

Hope is what keeps me ticking. I won't give up!

Edit: Oh, and since "height and the ladies" is a big topic here at the forums at the moment: I'm one inch taller now and there are more than some girls who are 163-164cm at my university.
I will report back if suddenly being on eye-level with them creates a difference in their behavior  ;)

Edit2: I had necrosis around one pin on my right leg. I will write about it tomorrow and also show some updated pictures of my scars healing.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Bander72

« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2017, 12:54:38 AM »

Do you feel taller at one inch gain.

doomsday

« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2017, 01:04:04 AM »

If i was you i would keep the rod and get Solomin to remove it. That guy is one of the best ortophedics in the world https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=DbJGAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA673&lpg=PA673&dq=orthofix+solomin&source=bl&ots=tAAjn9iUIM&sig=JQMdP_rlW0EXpE1ZH32E6AYBPFg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjapsL26t7SAhUBkxQKHSMYC8kQ6AEINDAC#v=onepage&q=orthofix%20solomin&f=false his own book on helping people with much more complicated situation than yours.
He also coinveted ortho suv http://www.ortho-suv.org/razrabotk-eng/ortho-suv-manual-engl.pdf with is aquvilent of TSF.

I talked to him and he is happy to do LATN and personally i think that would be the best thing for you.

I think you could get removed the rod and get full ilizarov or ortho suv frame installed with anticipation for the rods. Then after lets say 2 or 3 months they would get proper lengthening and alignment  followed with rod insertion in both leg.

Unlike indians they got massive knowledge and work very closely with Parihar etc. They also got world class hospital in st Petersburg(which btw is an awesome city).

I would also recommend to not be cheap like you were last time. Although Solomin is  cheap now it wont last long. Ruble is going up and once a doctor has enough interest from CLL patients with money they will definitely rise the prices.

Considering your situation and the process  i think you would have to to have around 15k euro for around 6 cm.

One thing is very important - regarding you situation doctors will adjust price for you. Nothing is written in a stone and you always need to negotiate.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2017, 11:07:58 PM »

Good luck with your recovery, and you should also focus on hitting on some of these shorter girls. Go get them, tiger. Seriously, you are not losing motivation after all your struggles, you're my inspiration.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2017, 02:18:06 AM »

Wow this diary has been a roller coaster ride  :P. Seriously I hope you manage to get your legs fixed though when you said your legs looked like scrambled eggs I got kinda hungry. I understand your pain; still finding a good reason to explain to my parents why Im wearing braces after I come back from india after 3 months.
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

onemorefoot

« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2017, 02:30:35 AM »

cole saws, where did you have your surgery?

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2017, 05:24:35 AM »

Havent had it yet. Im planning on going to parihar to get external tibias for a 6cm increase from 163 to 169cms. Maybe I can explain to him I was born intersexed but forced to get estrogen injections which stunted my growth (id actually be 5'8 if I wasnt given estrogen shots) and get an extra cm so I can be 5'7 (170cm).
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.

TheLichKing

« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2017, 05:47:26 AM »

Well I'm so sorry to hear about Chris's experience. Once again, this diary serves a big lesson to stay away from unreputable cheap doctors and India in general, of course the exception being Dr. Parihar. Save more and lengthen from a reputable surgeon rather than risk being crippled for life just to save money.

All the best wishes to you Chris, hope you recover well.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

onemorefoot

« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2017, 05:48:25 AM »

Be careful on how you behave on your consultation, he would send you to a psychologist is he sees something weird.

Charis

• Visitor
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »

I already told people here to not depend upon tolly's diary becoming greedy about money.I advice people to work hard and save momey and then go for internals being it tibias or femurs.His was just one diary and he was not willing to even help me wirth his email or contact no.Thank god he didn't.Everything will be alright Chris,not to worry :).

Chris

« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2017, 06:33:11 PM »

Yes. I went to an unknown/unreputable doctor in India.
I preached on this forums that the price for LL is not important to have good results and I still say it isn't.
Fact is that most short people have not enough money and spending 5 to 10 years to earn the cash for a money-greedy doctor is nothing more than a waste of ones remaining youth and lifetime.
You don't really profit from LL when you're kinda old!

One leg turned out totally fine.
The other isn't, but most likely because Dr. Deepak let one of his assistant doctors perform the surgery on the bad leg without checking this guy's results.
So it is not like Dr. Deepak was incompetent/not skilled. You just can't trust team Deepak. That's a difference!

Now one of my legs is messed up, but I can still live with it without pain. I'm not crippled.
If everything went fine, I would have paid about 13.000 EUR (total) to become taller.
Now I'll have to spend one more year, have more surgeries and to pay about 25.000 EUR.
That's still waaaay cheaper than most doctors and I still won't have to wait 5 to 10 fking years.

Whining about more risks, more pain, scars and lack of social acceptance due to visible external methods is for the weak. Then you simply don't want LL badly enough.

I don't blame anyone and I don't regret anything.

And now please stop turning my diary into a false example for why an entire country is supposedly bad and why you should pay ridiculous amounts to doctors just because they are famous!
Find a reputable doctor, not an expensive one!
If you have the money for internals, go for it, I would do the same if I had it, but this diary is for the poor and hopefully more down to earth than some other diaries that remind me of going to the spa or buying sports cars.

Regarding the user "tolly": He was legit. Both Dr. Deepak and Dr. Surbhit told me about one of their two patients who did 8cm.
And tolly contacted me twice asking how I'm doing long after he had stopped posting here.

Stay fair!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:53:42 PM by Chris »
I'm a real LL-patient.

Penguinn

« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »

It's amazing that your spirit hasn't flagged. You will most definitely achieve your goal with your mindset, it'll just take you more time.

Bander72

« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

Yes. I went to an unknown/unreputable doctor in India.
I preached on this forums that the price for LL is not important to have good results and I still say it isn't.
Fact is that most short people have not enough money and spending 5 to 10 years to earn the cash for a money-greedy doctor is nothing more than a waste of ones remaining youth and lifetime.
You don't really profit from LL when you're kinda old!

The other isn't, but most likely because Dr. Deepak let one of his assistant doctors perform the surgery on the bad leg without checking this guy's results.
So it is not like Dr. Deepak was incompetent/not skilled. You just can't trust team Deepak. That's a difference!

Now one of my legs is messed up, but I can still live with it without pain. I'm not crippled.
If everything went fine, I would have paid about 13.000 EUR (total) to become taller.
Now I'll have to spend one more year, have more surgeries and to pay about 25.000 EUR.
That's still waaaay cheaper than most doctors and I still won't have to wait 5 to 10 fking years.

Whining about more risks, more pain, scars and lack of social acceptance due to visible external methods is for the weak. Then you simply don't want LL badly enough.

I don't blame anyone and I don't regret anything.

And now please stop turning my diary into a false example for why an entire country is supposedly bad and why you should pay ridiculous amounts to doctors just because they are famous!
Find a reputable doctor, not an expensive one!
If you have the money for internals, go for it, I would do the same if I had it, but this diary is for the poor and hopefully more down to earth than some other diaries that remind me of going to the spa or buying sports cars.

Regarding the user "tolly": He was legit. Both Dr. Deepak and Dr. Surbhit told me about one of their two patients who did 8cm.
And tolly contacted me twice asking how I'm doing long after he stopped posting here. Stay fair!

I know you are still enthusiastic but your results prove the contrary. People put down India as many doctors are unknown, and don't have the same skills as more expensive doctors. Parihar seems like the only one there with a consistent trend of reliability. I do think the biggest mistake was not staying there for distraction, they would have had to have done something seeing all your complications.

Chris

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2017, 07:25:54 PM »

I do think the biggest mistake was not staying there for distraction, they would have had to have done something seeing all your complications.

I have German doctors at home who look after me. No need to waste money on a stay in India.

The only thing you can do with my left leg is to start all over again, because the three most important things are messed up:
1) poor osteotomy with bone fragments and a split tibia; always contact between the bones --> prevents lengthening
2) the tibia can't glide over the nail inserted because it is too tight --> prevents lengthening
3) the monorail fixator is not aligned properly --> prevents lengthening and the pressure built up while trying to lengthen is additionally bad for 1) and 2)

That's checkmate for my leg.

Like my German doctors said, the tibia really needs to heal first. Then off with the fixator, then out with the nail and break the leg again.

I'm a real LL-patient.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2017, 08:11:54 PM »

Idk why ppl don't spend 9.300€ for mitkovic who is very experienced in this field and doesnt cost much, you could have spent 13.000€ on mitko and he has 100x experience of who you went to
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

TheLichKing

« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »

Idk why ppl don't spend 9.300€ for mitkovic who is very experienced in this field and doesnt cost much, you could have spent 13.000€ on mitko and he has 100x experience of who you went to

Who would you chose between Parihar and Mitkovic or any other doctor for Tibiae?
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

Bander72

« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2017, 08:23:13 PM »

I have German doctors at home who look after me. No need to waste money on a stay in India.

The only thing you can do with my left leg is to start all over again, because the three most important things are messed up:
1) poor osteotomy with bone fragments and a split tibia; always contact between the bones --> prevents lengthening
2) the tibia can't glide over the nail inserted because it is too tight --> prevents lengthening
3) the monorail fixator is not aligned properly --> prevents lengthening and the pressure built up while trying to lengthen is additionally bad for 1) and 2)

That's checkmate for my leg.

Like my German doctors said, the tibia really needs to heal first. Then off with the fixator, then out with the nail and break the leg again.

Yeah, but they won't know the same information than the ones that did the surgery. At least to have a clear answer of what the hell happened. Did you ever communicate with them after? They might think they did a great job with you.

Chris

« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »

Do you feel taller at one inch gain.

Yes, I'm feeling taller. But I'm very short and so one inch makes a big difference.
I'm on eye-level with the short girls now. The ones who know me but don't know that I did LL have definitely noticed it.
When we were queuing in the canteen (I need help to carry my lunch) I tried to stay straight with my crutches and I could see the girls comparing heights ;D
The big guys don't see any difference though.

If i was you i would(...)

Good luck with your recovery, and you should also focus on hitting on some of these shorter girls. Go get them, tiger. Seriously, you are not losing motivation after all your struggles, you're my inspiration.

I have never been an inspiration to anyone. Thank you. This feels even better than getting a little bit taller :)
Regarding the girls: I'm 4 days in the new semester. Being on crutches has its advantages with the ladies I can tell you ;D
Like I've written above, the short girls who are my height now are definitely comparing heights. And one girl who was like 2 inches taller than me (now 1 inch) said I would look good when we met again.

My big crush (she's not my girlfriend and she is single) was smiling when she picked me up for school (she has a car) and when I asked her if I looked taller she smiled even more and said yes. Too bad she is still 4cm taller than me  :'( She is very supportive and she said several times that she could understand why I wanted to become taller. But now she also noted that I was very confident in her eyes (before LL) and it felt like I had to defend myself a little and assure her that I'm still confident. Maybe I have won one point for height and lost another for less confidence, I don't know :P

But in a nutshell, I definitely have been noticing a difference in the girls' behavior when I'm around their height.
So it's not about being tall, it's about being their height/taller then them.

Wow this diary has been a roller coaster ride  :P. Seriously I hope you manage to get your legs fixed though when you said your legs looked like scrambled eggs I got kinda hungry. I understand your pain; still finding a good reason to explain to my parents why Im wearing braces after I come back from india after 3 months.

I've also posted it in another thread, but I'm a fan of traffic accidents ;) Both cars stood still, you tried to pass through, then one drive suddenly hit the gas and you got jammed between both cars. Both legs broken and they had to take you to the hospital for surgery. It worked several times without problems for the rare ppl in my life who better should not know the truth.

All the best wishes to you Chris, hope you recover well.

Thank you, LichKing :)

Everything will be alright Chris,not to worry :).
Thank you too  :)

It's amazing that your spirit hasn't flagged. You will most definitely achieve your goal with your mindset, it'll just take you more time.

Yea, I will never give up. I think the most important thing for my brain is that I'm making progress at all.
Despite the shorter leg, gaining one inch has saved me for now.

My surgery was 7.000 EUR for LON. The rest was additional expenses. Dr. Mitkovic's 9.300 EUR is without LON and expenses.
But I'm planning to go to Dr. Mitkovic or Dr. Solomin from now on.

Yeah, but they won't know the same information than the ones that did the surgery. At least to have a clear answer of what the hell happened. Did you ever communicate with them after? They might think they did a great job with you.

Well, to be honest, on Saturday, I received an email from Dr. Deepak asking me how I'm doing because he didn't hear from me (see everyone, like I said, he does care about his patients).
I haven't replied yet, because I don't want to argue since I really like(ed) him as a person.
This is my weak spot. I hate trouble  :-X
But I should talk to him at least once and let him know, I'm aware of that.

I'm a real LL-patient.

doomsday

« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2017, 10:27:12 AM »

You are wrong. Dr. Deepak is incompetent for allowing someone else to do bad job and not checking it. He was in charge during the surgery and when someone  under-perform he is fully responsible. Thats why they are called assistants( they still learn and can make mistakes)

« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »

Well, to be honest, on Saturday, I received an email from Dr. Deepak asking me how I'm doing because he didn't hear from me (see everyone, like I said, he does care about his patients).
I haven't replied yet, because I don't want to argue since I really like(ed) him as a person.
This is my weak spot. I hate trouble  :-X
But I should talk to him at least once and let him know, I'm aware of that.

Dr. Deepak may be a good guy but you can't kiss the ground he walks in because of that. He fked up your legs. He at the least needs to know that. His opinion/emotions probably don't matter but he needs to know what happened as a result of his incompetence.

Asdfgh

• Visitor
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2017, 05:54:19 PM »

Chris, I have been reading your diary from the beginning. It's really great that you maintain your positive thinking even after all the trouble. You seem right in your writings. Everyone who wants to go through cll needs to read your dairy not only because to be careful with choosing the doctor but to remain hopeful. I wish you a speed recovery. Since you are very young, you have time to take things slowly. All the best.
If anyone knows about dr suhas shah in Mumbai. Please let me if he is good doctor.

fujitora

« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2017, 06:11:48 PM »

Hi Chris

How are you doing man ? Hope things are getting better.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Chris

« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2017, 12:26:48 PM »

Hi Chris

How are you doing man ? Hope things are getting better.

Hey :)

I'm almost back to normal live with still having my monorail fixator on my left leg.
No need to lock the tibia nail. In about 3 weeks I will have new x-rays taken again, and if I'm lucky, I can take it off by early to mid May.
I'm planning to remove the fixator by myself btw., hope the pain won't punch me into coma :P
I've been taking the stairs with my crutches since 1.5 weeks now and I even made it to a bus stop twice when my friend couldn't pick me up for university.
I'm even fit enough to do my part-time job again, starting on April 17th. Yay!
Sleeping still sucks though, because I'm one of those people who prefer to sleep on their stomach.

Now having to live with one fixator on, I've come to the conclusion that unilateral lengthening on tibias would indeed have been good choice for me.
Today, I would rather take 4-6 moth per leg and can still take part in life instead of locking myself away with almost no mobility and to be depended on others.

Here is also an update on my experience with lengthening modest amounts:
I could only become 1 inch taller (for now). I can confirm that everyone who was up to 2 inches shorter and up to 3 inches taller than my initial height noticed my gain of only 1 inch, regardless of whether they knew I did LL or not. And I'm an university student, I know and I meet a lot of people (even on crutches ;)).

I'm still feeling way too short though, which shouldn't be a surprise since I haven't even made it past 165cm yet :'(
But the short girls (160-165cm) keep treating me differently now and it helps my broken ego. Everyone wants to feel potentially attractive to the opposite sxx after all.
Respect from other men is still far off though, but I've started to tell myself that I've been doing harder, more painful and more dangerous things to my body than probably all of those wannabe-gangstas ever will.
And thanks to LL, the most important development for me is that now I can wake up every morning knowing that I'm doing something about my too short appearance, even though it now will take me two more surgeries and approx. 2 more years to finally be done with it. I'm much calmer now, because I can see light at the horizon.
Also, if the LL journey is getting long, live on its road and make it a lifestyle ;)

Peace!

I'm a real LL-patient.

fujitora

« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2017, 01:40:09 PM »

Hey :)

I'm almost back to normal live with still having my monorail fixator on my left leg.
No need to lock the tibia nail. In about 3 weeks I will have new x-rays taken again, and if I'm lucky, I can take it off by early to mid May.
I'm planning to remove the fixator by myself btw., hope the pain won't punch me into coma :P
I've been taking the stairs with my crutches since 1.5 weeks now and I even made it to a bus stop twice when my friend couldn't pick me up for university.
I'm even fit enough to do my part-time job again, starting on April 17th. Yay!
Sleeping still sucks though, because I'm one of those people who prefer to sleep on their stomach.

Now having to live with one fixator on, I've come to the conclusion that unilateral lengthening on tibias would indeed have been good choice for me.
Today, I would rather take 4-6 moth per leg and can still take part in life instead of locking myself away with almost no mobility and to be depended on others.

Here is also an update on my experience with lengthening modest amounts:
I could only become 1 inch taller (for now). I can confirm that everyone who was up to 2 inches shorter and up to 3 inches taller than my initial height noticed my gain of only 1 inch, regardless of whether they knew I did LL or not. And I'm an university student, I know and I meet a lot of people (even on crutches ;)).

I'm still feeling way too short though, which shouldn't be a surprise since I haven't even made it past 165cm yet :'(
But the short girls (160-165cm) keep treating me differently now and it helps my broken ego. Everyone wants to feel potentially attractive to the opposite sxx after all.
Respect from other men is still far off though, but I've started to tell myself that I've been doing harder, more painful and more dangerous things to my body than probably all of those wannabe-gangstas ever will.
And thanks to LL, the most important development for me is that now I can wake up every morning knowing that I'm doing something about my too short appearance, even though it now will take me two more surgeries and approx. 2 more years to finally be done with it. I'm much calmer now, because I can see light at the horizon.
Also, if the LL journey is getting long, live on its road and make it a lifestyle ;)

Peace!

Great progress in a very short amount of time. Awesome man, keep going!!!

I couldn't even walk with crutches for 7 months, even with full weight bearing frames. For you to do it in just a month, that shows you're physically fit for this journey.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Chris

« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2017, 08:48:22 PM »

Great progress in a very short amount of time. Awesome man, keep going!!!

I couldn't even walk with crutches for 7 months, even with full weight bearing frames. For you to do it in just a month, that shows you're physically fit for this journey.
Yes, I'm VERY flexible and I had strong and trained legs to begin with. Despite the pain, I also tried to use the walker whenever I could which helps a lot to fight atrophy.
But then again, I only made it to 1 inch with my first surgery. If I could have done 4cm as planned (or 2 inches like you did) things would probably be a bit harder for me now.

I'm a real LL-patient.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up