Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017  (Read 73220 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017
« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2017, 02:39:17 PM »

Femoral always, I also think tibia = external and femur = internal. I don't think there is a restriction to wear high heels. I have wore insole and lifts after LL and it was uncomfortable but not painful.
About the recovery I don't know which is worse, but I don't think it causes disability. Even now almost 5 months after surgery I'm completely functional and able to do everyday life without problems.
I regret being so short that even after LL the majority of people will be taller than me. The lengthening itself I think it was worth it but it did not have the impact it would have if I were taller pre op. I think 169 - 173 is the best starting height.

Dude, you went from being shorter than the average girl to obviously not tall. You are just shortish now
I learned some stuff during this time

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »

Dude, you went from being shorter than the average girl to obviously not tall. You are just shortish now

Don't you remember that on reddit/LL Forum/old forum  everybody under 7' is basically a manlet?

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »

I regret being so short that even after LL the majority of people will be taller than me. The lengthening itself I think it was worth it but it did not have the impact it would have if I were taller pre op. I think 169 - 173 is the best starting height.

Sorry for nitpicking, but this is not what regret means. You can't regret something you have so little control over. That's like saying "I regret being born in the wrong country".
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »

how about doing tibia for like 4-6 cm?
youre still young...

Sure, but after surviving 1 LL, I have other priorities than to have another surgery and be in frames for more than half a year.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2017, 04:04:27 PM »

I think 164 cm is around the average height of a girl in the majority of western countries and taller than average in SA. We are both shortish now, you are only 1-2 cm taller than me I think. I feel better about my height than you after achieving that by LL, but you have to agree with me that even after LL my height is not average for a man.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Jack1066

« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »

I thought the average in SA was about 170-175 cm. Surely you don't feel too short?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2017, 04:08:17 PM »

Sorry for nitpicking, but this is not what regret means. You can't regret something you have so little control over. That's like saying "I regret being born in the wrong country".

I love being born in my country and I can't change that. However, I had premature consolidation because of premature puberty and by the time I notice / cared about height when I was 14-15 my bone age was 19 and I had barely a response to HGH. If my doctor parents had paid attention to me instead of working too much or had I been smarter and more self-conscious earlier, maybe I wouldn't have had to do this surgery.

What's done is done.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »

I thought the average in SA was about 170-175 cm. Surely you don't feel too short?

It is interesting because unlike many countries we are not ethnically uniform. In my country, people who are indigenous are shorter and tend to be poorer, live outside the city and represent the majority of the population so they bring the average down by a lot. In practice, most of the people of a certain social economic position are Caucasians and taller. For this reason, I meet with taller people than it would normally be expected in my country.

I don't feel terribly short but definitely not average.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2017, 04:38:47 PM »

I love being born in my country and I can't change that. However, I had premature consolidation because of premature puberty and by the time I notice / cared about height when I was 14-15 my bone age was 19 and I had barely a response to HGH. If my doctor parents had paid attention to me instead of working too much or had I been smarter and more self-conscious earlier, maybe I wouldn't have had to do this surgery.

What's done is done.

But can you seriously blame yourself for this? 14-15 year olds aren't supposed to care about these things and usually have other things on their mind than the importance of height in society. Most 15 years old probably don't know what bone age or HGH is. I've been going through the same struggle, but on an objective note, a 15 year old boy isn't to blame for these things.

Besides, a 15 year old can't do much about his premature bone age, even if he knew the graveness of this problem, as far as I can see.

Body Builder

« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »

LLsouthamerica I think that you could have easily tried for 1-1.5 cm more and be very close to 5.8 which is no big difference from 5.7 but every cm above 5.7 really matters imo.
But still you can always do 5cm more in tibias and have a respectable height, especially for s. America.
Doing 5cm more in tibias with ilizarov is really no big deal in terms of money and complications, even the time is not much (about 6 months till frame removal).
If you are not ok with your height, don't let the time pass and do it. I regret for not gathering money sooner to be able now to do my second LL and I should wait about 2 years to do it.

Still your current height has a real difference compared to your initial but if you want more, go for that.
You are a sane and down to earth person, a very good candidate for a successful LL.

doomsday

« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2017, 05:12:55 PM »

I did 5 cm with ilizarov and it did not go well... People dont realize how many things can go wrong. With current experience I  would do ONLY LATN or precise

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2017, 05:18:54 PM »

I have thyroid issues since i was 12yo and my uncles are 6'8 so yup. Who gives a damn doe.

Tbh worse things happened in my life.

biggerdreams

« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2017, 12:01:45 AM »

What's done is done.

I don't think it's fair to blame yourself or your parents. There doesn't always have to be something/someone to blame. No one get's a perfect life and if you can mitigate your problems and still be happy then who cares where the blame is placed

Bander72

« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »

Just use the 5 cm lifts. What country are you from? I would say the tallest in south america are Brazil and Argentina which have heights listed at 5 7 your height.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Jack1066

« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »

Probably for white people it is closer to 5'9, that would make sense

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #232 on: July 22, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »

But can you seriously blame yourself for this? 14-15 year olds aren't supposed to care about these things and usually have other things on their mind than the importance of height in society. Most 15 years old probably don't know what bone age or HGH is. I've been going through the same struggle, but on an objective note, a 15 year old boy isn't to blame for these things.

Besides, a 15 year old can't do much about his premature bone age, even if he knew the graveness of this problem, as far as I can see.

Well at 15 years of age I knew bone age and HGH, and it was me who told my parents I should try it. It wasn't something I should worry about for sure, but I should have had periodic paediatric controls and they would have noticed my massive balls inconsistent with my age haha. There are delicate decisions which can have a BIG impact on the future like my case.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #233 on: July 22, 2017, 08:15:23 PM »

LLsouthamerica I think that you could have easily tried for 1-1.5 cm more and be very close to 5.8 which is no big difference from 5.7 but every cm above 5.7 really matters imo.
But still you can always do 5cm more in tibias and have a respectable height, especially for s. America.
Doing 5cm more in tibias with ilizarov is really no big deal in terms of money and complications, even the time is not much (about 6 months till frame removal).
If you are not ok with your height, don't let the time pass and do it. I regret for not gathering money sooner to be able now to do my second LL and I should wait about 2 years to do it.

Still your current height has a real difference compared to your initial but if you want more, go for that.
You are a sane and down to earth person, a very good candidate for a successful LL.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I stayed at 6 - 6.5 because Dr Guichet told me that my knees had a higher risk of dislocation because of their position and also something about a torsional problem with my quadriceps and he recommended no more than 6 cm. Also, in my research of LL, I knew a lot of people who recovered fully - almost fully but they were always no more than 5 cm lengthening.

Now, while I'm back to normal life, I've not recovered completely I haven't restart running, weight training or dancing. I've also not finished medical school. I have other ambitions and while my parents have money I won't rely on them any longer. Some day in 5 - 10 years, I may want another lengthening I would do 5 cm tibia externals and maybe concurrent fix of any traumatological complications of my first lengthening should there be any. Of course this time I will pay for it. Until then I'll enjoy my new me.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #234 on: July 22, 2017, 08:19:05 PM »

I have thyroid issues since i was 12yo and my uncles are 6'8 so yup. Who gives a damn doe.

Tbh worse things happened in my life.

And how tall are you? You definitely win though it is not a competition. There was nothing you could do about it unlike me. Even with replacement therapy, hypothyroidism causes short stature. On the other hand, I would not like to be 6'8.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #235 on: July 22, 2017, 10:40:25 PM »

And how tall are you? You definitely win though it is not a competition. There was nothing you could do about it unlike me. Even with replacement therapy, hypothyroidism causes short stature. On the other hand, I would not like to be 6'8.

Never thought about it as a competition. I just wanted to show you that you arent the only one and blaming someone won't really do much.
Hypothroidism is pretty easy to control(simple pills can maintain decent TSH levels).

5'5 living in a tall european country(5'11 is avg here). I never wanted to be 6'8 too lol but i had prediction range of 5'9 to even 6'5 since i was very tall as a kid.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #236 on: July 22, 2017, 11:17:16 PM »

Well at 15 years of age I knew bone age and HGH, and it was me who told my parents I should try it. It wasn't something I should worry about for sure, but I should have had periodic paediatric controls and they would have noticed my massive balls inconsistent with my age haha. There are delicate decisions which can have a BIG impact on the future like my case.

You told your parents to try HGH, and as I've understood, you got it? (you said you barely have any response to it). You were 15 with premature puberty and even got HGH, so my question is: what else could've been done? Massive amounts of HGH (over the doses a normal doctor would recommend) are extremely costly and not covered by any medical insurance, and surely impossible to get for a 15 year old. So in all objectiveness (and without the emotional aspect): what else is a 15 year old kid supposed to do?

Bander72

« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I stayed at 6 - 6.5 because Dr Guichet told me that my knees had a higher risk of dislocation because of their position and also something about a torsional problem with my quadriceps and he recommended no more than 6 cm. Also, in my research of LL, I knew a lot of people who recovered fully - almost fully but they were always no more than 5 cm lengthening.

Now, while I'm back to normal life, I've not recovered completely I haven't restart running, weight training or dancing. I've also not finished medical school. I have other ambitions and while my parents have money I won't rely on them any longer. Some day in 5 - 10 years, I may want another lengthening I would do 5 cm tibia externals and maybe concurrent fix of any traumatological complications of my first lengthening should there be any. Of course this time I will pay for it. Until then I'll enjoy my new me.

Dude if your parents have money and most importantly support your ll decisions I would go for tibia latn which in russia you can get for aroud 25k total everything with barinov and lenghten 5 cm. Especially since you said you had to wait a year right to go to school. You can always be kind to your parents in the future. I wish my parents were like that. :'(
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2017, 02:48:03 AM »

Never thought about it as a competition. I just wanted to show you that you arent the only one and blaming someone won't really do much.
Hypothroidism is pretty easy to control(simple pills can maintain decent TSH levels).

5'5 living in a tall european country(5'11 is avg here). I never wanted to be 6'8 too lol but i had prediction range of 5'9 to even 6'5 since i was very tall as a kid.

Sorry to hear that. But what I meant is that even if hypothyroidism is controlled with levothyroxine, people usually are inevitably shorter than average. Of course the longer it takes to diagnose the worse.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2017, 02:50:08 AM »

You told your parents to try HGH, and as I've understood, you got it? (you said you barely have any response to it). You were 15 with premature puberty and even got HGH, so my question is: what else could've been done? Massive amounts of HGH (over the doses a normal doctor would recommend) are extremely costly and not covered by any medical insurance, and surely impossible to get for a 15 year old. So in all objectiveness (and without the emotional aspect): what else is a 15 year old kid supposed to do?

Yes, I got it. I did everything a 15 year old can do and then began with my plans of LL. However, a 12 year old could have delayed his growth cartilage from closing and achieved more height gain after HGH. It's useless to put blames but history really could have gone differently.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2017, 02:51:55 AM »

Dude if your parents have money and most importantly support your ll decisions I would go for tibia latn which in russia you can get for aroud 25k total everything with barinov and lenghten 5 cm. Especially since you said you had to wait a year right to go to school. You can always be kind to your parents in the future. I wish my parents were like that. :'(

I already did 1 LL and I have not totally recovered from the first to even think about the second one haha. However, maybe a few years in the future just maybe I could do external tibia with Catagni or Pili
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »

Officially started running.  :D :D
Went from 164 to 170 cm

jojo

« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »

how is it ? :D post videos plz

Datum

« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »

Congratulations LLSouthAmerica.
I like your honesty. That's what I would expect from Monegal's patients. People with bad experiences with Dr Guichet tell the truth like Unicorn and people with good experiences tell the truth like LLSouthAmerica who says he is running some months after LL but also criticizes Guichet when he deserves.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

The Dreamer

« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »

Officially started running.  :D :D
Congratulations,LL South America ☺🎉🎆🎊
May I ask you a question : I noticed in the previous page that on all your X-Rays pics there is written "Date Birth:2005"
I thought you was 22 years old.If I misunderstood feel free to correct me 😉
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2017, 05:36:00 AM »

how is it ? :D post videos plz

Well to tell the truth, since that day in which I did some light trot, I've been busy with life and never did it again. Maybe next week, I'll start working on my running. That I remember, it felt REALLY weird, I can't begin to imagine how weird it must look from the outside. Maybe one of these days, I'll record a video.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2017, 05:37:35 AM »

Congratulations,LL South America ☺🎉🎆🎊
May I ask you a question : I noticed in the previous page that on all your X-Rays pics there is written "Date Birth:2005"
I thought you was 22 years old.If I misunderstood feel free to correct me 😉

No way was I gonna post a pic which has my personal info on it and of course I'm not 12, haha. It's just the default setting of the machine most likely.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

The Dreamer

« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2017, 07:04:20 AM »

No way was I gonna post a pic which has my personal info on it and of course I'm not 12, haha. It's just the default setting of the machine most likely.
Fine😉
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up