Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017  (Read 66667 times)

6FeetSoon

Re: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 12:29:15 AM »

Without going into too much detail, how did you describe your reasons for wanting this surgery with the psychologist? Did you say you suffer because of how you look compared to other men, because your relatives are taller, because of bullying during childhood, for example? What reasons did you give her?

I don't really want to go into details of what i told the psychologist, but i can give an example of a scenario that probably gets approved vs one that doesn't:

5'9 guy with a great job and does very well on the dating scene, but still wants the additional height because of a fundamental dissatisfaction with his stature thats nagged at him for years

Vs

5'3 guy with an ok job and doesn't do that well with the ladies, wants the height to "fix" those issues.

The 5'9 guy likely gets the surgery approved, the 5'3 guy does not, even though from a height distribution standpoint, the 5'3 guy would seem like the one who should be first in line.

Alu

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 02:18:37 AM »

Explain further, because I can see the nuance of it that distinction, but I'm curious about what exactly the psychologist is looking for

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 12:28:20 PM »

I can also see the nuance but I think that most people who want this surgery have an issue with how women view them , especially if they are 5'5 or less. If the  psychologist rejects someone because they are honest enough to admit this, then in my opinion she is not very good at her job. It is very easy for people who don't suffer the discrimination every day to judge and think that you should judge be a stronger person  but real life is not like that.

Of course if you think that a few extra inches is going to transform your life and take away all of the many issues that come with just  being alive then you are not right for this surgery, but having the guts to admit that women, not all women but a lot, do not want to date guys who are 5'5 or under should not be held against you.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »

I can also see the nuance but I think that most people who want this surgery have an issue with how women view them , especially if they are 5'5 or less. If the  psychologist rejects someone because they are honest enough to admit this, then in my opinion she is not very good at her job. It is very easy for people who don't suffer the discrimination every day to judge and think that you should judge be a stronger person  but real life is not like that.

Of course if you think that a few extra inches is going to transform your life and take away all of the many issues that come with just  being alive then you are not right for this surgery, but having the guts to admit that women, not all women but a lot, do not want to date guys who are 5'5 or under should not be held against you.

I agree with you that it doesnt have any sense... A 5'9 who just feels bad about his height for no apparent reason is a good candidate but a 5'3 guy, who is well aware that many women will reject him solely based on his height, and is therefor willing to change his height is not a good candidate?

Btw OP, not attacking you but the psycologist

I think that a psycologist should rather search for any signs of BDD rather than anything else. Of course if a 5'9 or 5'7 (like me) would come and say "I have almost no success with women and it's solely because of my height so I want to add inches" he should also me dismissed. a 5'3 guy though? A very reasonable reason.. Even a 5'5
I learned some stuff during this time

6FeetSoon

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 12:50:05 PM »

I think the line they are trying to draw is, "we are not performing this surgery for people who think it's going to get them laid"

That's not to say that if you go in there saying, "i'm short and women reject me", they'll say no to you... it just cant be the ultimate justification for enduring this. What if you end up going from 5'3 to 5'6, and still cant attract women... are you going to do additional lengthening? Thats what they are trying to avoid

She's phenomenal by the way, as is he.

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2017, 01:01:14 PM »

That is good to hear, I agree there is a lot more to a person than their height, Unfortunately, the reality is that if women won't even talk to you in a club or at a party because of your height then you don't get the chance to dazzle with your sparkling wit etc. if the extra inches gets you the chance to show your personality then the rest is up to you. If you are a horrible person that won't change with the surgery.

helloworld

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 07:38:01 AM »

Wow! I can't tell you how excited I am to hear this!

To upload images on this forum is easy. Simply use any of the tons of photo uploading websites out there like tinypic, or imgur. Once you upload the image to one of those websites, simply copy and paste the link then click the insert image icon located underneath the Bold icon.

You can message me and I will do it for you if you can't figure it out. Everyone needs to see this. Dr. Rozbruch is easily one of the top LL surgeons in the world, but has always been way too expensive, even more expensive than Paley. This changes everything!

If you are excited about the, you might be even REALLY excited about this:

Fitbone nail is an internal nail at least as good as Precise and Dr. Baumgart from Germany was the first doctor to use it but nowadays he charges almost as much as Dr. Rozbruch.
But since several years, Dr. Monegal from Barcelona Spain is using Fitbone and offering the whole procedure at much ower price!. Fitbone manufacturer Wittenstein, say Dr. Monegal is one of their best surgeons!
Dr. Monegal offers limb lengthening, including everything except post op x-rays, physiotherapy and removal for less than 40,000 USD.

I am in Barcelona right now and about to finish lengthening.
Physiotherapy cost less than 40 USD per hour.
2 X-rays cost less than 70 USD.
Removal of implant is around 2500 USD.
Rehab residency costs 1700 USD for a double room, but 24 hour caretaker, pool and gym and metro station literaly 3 yards aways with lines to the mountains or to the beach.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

BiggestProblem

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 10:24:38 AM »

How much are you getting paid to advertise like that?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:11 PM »

How much are you getting paid to advertise like that?

Most likely what threats did he got if he wouldnt

6FeetSoon

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 12:19:48 PM »

Fitbone nail is an internal nail at least as good as Precise and Dr. Baumgart from Germany was the first doctor to use it but nowadays he charges almost as much as Dr. Rozbruch.
But since several years, Dr. Monegal from Barcelona Spain is using Fitbone and offering the whole procedure at much ower price!. Fitbone manufacturer Wittenstein, say Dr. Monegal is one of their best surgeons!
Dr. Monegal offers limb lengthening, including everything except post op x-rays, physiotherapy and removal for less than 40,000 USD.

Rehab residency costs 1700 USD for a double room, but 24 hour caretaker, pool and gym and metro station literaly 3 yards aways with lines to the mountains or to the beach.

Very few Dr Rozbruch diaries exist, i'd appreciate if you don't clutter this forum with shameless plugs for others. Thanks

TIBIKE200

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2017, 12:26:41 PM »

6feetsoon,

Do you have any idea on how many patients did Dr.Rozbruch has done this procedure using the precice 2 nails? Did you ask him/did he tell you?

Just curious about his expertise regarding cosmetic bilateral femoral internals

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »

Because the hospital stay in and of itself, is not an elective procedure. Its a standard medical expense that one is expected to incur for one reason or another over time.

Sorry guys this just doesn't make sense to me. some insurance is going to cover an $80,000 hospital stay because they expect to incur that cost for one reason or another.... um no if they expected that for all their insured they would be out of business. I am in the insurance field. also can you explain why Paley nor any other CLL doctor in US can get insurance to cover the hospital fees, but Rozbruch can? what insurance company and plan do you have? also you said you were going to upload the quote Dr. Rozburch gave you ,can you do that now?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »

Sorry guys this just doesn't make sense to me. some insurance is going to cover an $80,000 hospital stay because they expect to incur that cost for one reason or another.... um no if they expected that for all their insured they would be out of business. I am in the insurance field. also can you explain why Paley nor any other CLL doctor in US can get insurance to cover the hospital fees, but Rozbruch can? what insurance company and plan do you have? also you said you were going to upload the quote Dr. Rozburch gave you ,can you do that now?

Colleague of mine already had this done and AETNA (also my provider) covered part of the hospital stay. I'm over this part of the discussion. I sent the breakdown to Lubak via email. Shoot me a PM if you want it. I've heard of people not getting their xrays and expenses covered (very unfortunate). As i said though, mine have already been partially covered in this process.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »

6feetsoon,

Do you have any idea on how many patients did Dr.Rozbruch has done this procedure using the precice 2 nails? Did you ask him/did he tell you?

Just curious about his expertise regarding cosmetic bilateral femoral internals

Yeah he's done a ton of these. His clients are usually a bit wealthier by virtue of his location. (Upper East Side Manhattan). You really should do your own research on him if you want to convince yourself he's the best in the business. All i'd end up doing is regurgitating his resume to you (professor of ortho surgery at weill cornell, chief of complex reconstruction at HSS, etc.)

6FeetSoon

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »

As for why insurance might cover rozbruch and not others, the cosmetic part of his practice isnt his primary focus like some of these other guys who make it their selling point. Also his process is super rigorous, which means the chances of you being turned away are pretty high, ie. People aren't lining up at his door to do this.

Col92

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »

Could lubik post the breakdown please because, as I said in another post, I contacted Dr Rozbruch and it was around 130k.

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2017, 02:11:24 PM »

pm sent

6FeetSoon

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

Could lubik post the breakdown please because, as I said in another post, I contacted Dr Rozbruch and it was around 130k.

Pretty sure he gave you the breakdown for everything assuming insurance covered nothing (which is obviously the prudent and conservative thing to do since he doesnt want you caught off guard). But HIS expenses are what I'm referring to, anything else is between you and insurance.

Tiny tim i sent it

TIBIKE200

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2017, 02:19:22 PM »

Ohh I have done alot of research.. Only that usually, no top doctor seperates between the Cll and normal LL (not cosmetic LL) procedures... Even when talking with Paley, it was a general answer of "one CLL per week an average".
  Also, Rozbruch along with Paley are the best surgeons in the field who both arent doing mainly cosmetic LL but get their money from fixing congenital and other traumatic problems....

You chose wisely to go to him. Anyone who can afford should either go with Rozbruch or Paley (too bad herzberg doesnt do CLL as well though...).

Again wishing you the best of luck :)

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2017, 02:24:45 PM »

thanks got it! also from this document how do you know the hospital fees will be covered? did you talk to the insurance or did the doctor assure you they would cover it? cause it looks like he might have hospital fees quoted on the bottom portion. just a question

6FeetSoon

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »

thanks got it! also from this document how do you know the hospital fees will be covered? did you talk to the insurance or did the doctor assure you they would cover it? cause it looks like he might have hospital fees quoted on the bottom portion. just a question
Lol sent u the second part discussing insurance.
One day we'll move on from this part of the discussion haha

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2017, 02:41:01 PM »

I now bow and tip my hat to you my good sir! lol you are right, but I am sure your insurance wont cover the whole thing and you will have to cough up maybe 20-30k for hospital fees. probably looking at $100k total like paley but never the less a great deal. how much was your colleague's total?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »

I now bow and tip my hat to you my good sir! lol you are right, but I am sure your insurance wont cover the whole thing and you will have to cough up maybe 20-30k for hospital fees. probably looking at $100k total like paley but never the less a great deal. how much was your colleague's total?

Also, thanks to Stadiometer for posting this
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4151.msg64095;topicseen#msg64095

I expect my credibility in here to skyrocket after all this haha

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2017, 04:30:06 PM »

Btw did your colleague give you a grand total? This is starting to sound like a good option

~TT

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2017, 04:42:40 PM »

I am sorry but this plug is shameless. Are you a staff member or the doctor himself? It seems this type of self promotion has been going on for a long time with this doctor: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150409443&pagenumber=4 ...scroll down and you can see that the Dr himself was posting and luring. And why would anyone not go to Rozburch in US for only $35k more?! If you are a REAL patient as you say, why do you feel the need to spam this site with promotions? Do you get paid or a discount, because I have seen similar post by you on other diaries.

~TT

TIBIKE200

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »

I am sorry but this plug is shameless. Are you a staff member or the doctor himself? It seems this type of self promotion has been going on for a long time with this doctor: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150409443&pagenumber=4 ...scroll down and you can see that the Dr himself was posting and luring. And why would anyone not go to Rozburch in US for only $35k more?! If you are a REAL patient as you say, why do you feel the need to spam this site with promotions? Do you get paid or a discount, because I have seen similar post by you on other diaries.

~TT

It's pretty obvious that Monegal is exactly like Sarin and Saringari... People should stay away from this doc.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »

notimportant

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2017, 08:33:40 PM »

LMAO!
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

tinytim

• Visitor
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2017, 03:16:49 AM »

Btw did your colleague give you a grand total? This is starting to sound like a good option

~TT

6feetsoon anyway you know the grand total of your colleague with insurance? I am definitely leaning towards Dr Rozbruch and I am only a few hours away. One thing, what don't you like about your starting height cause that would be my ending height?

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2017, 04:10:58 AM »

This is why I love this forum. Serious and worthy discussions for most part, but every now and then somebody sneaks in a troll here n' there. Absolutely brilliant.  :D
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

6FeetSoon

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »

6feetsoon anyway you know the grand total of your colleague with insurance? I am definitely leaning towards Dr Rozbruch and I am only a few hours away. One thing, what don't you like about your starting height cause that would be my ending height?

A little over 90k.
As for my starting height.. sure 5'9 is perfectly average. But we all know that height dysphoria is relative, not absolute.
Life is pretty great, at least now i can move from face modeling to apparel modeling. (Of course thats not the ultimate reason, but an additional perk)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up