Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 171064 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2014, 11:37:56 PM »

Don't worry, ballerina foot isn't a "forever" problem.  It'll either go away on its own with enough standing and walking, or if it's really severe you can get surgery for it.

crimsontide

« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2014, 08:36:08 PM »

ty medium... i think i definitely have some ballerina feet, though i can put heels on ground., just can't  stand fully straight, but i think this hasd more to do with the frames on my legs... since this will go away,not too concerned... no pain really, might lengthen a cm more,then ill be done

crimsontide

« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »

this is a photo of  the big bolt wannabe has mentioned... it doesn't hurt btw, and the rest of the holes that have normal pins look great,  but this is how  the really big bolt looks like,  below the ring... just one on each leg

wonder  who else has or had a similar looking hole??? to be honest, in person, i dnt  even think it looks this bad, but its quite a bit larger than the regular size pins

Wannabegiant

« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2014, 06:36:59 PM »

Same with me, all of the pin sites look healthy with pretty much no damaged skin around them, with the exception of the large bolt on each leg where the "hole" is more exposed so to speak. I have a lot less skin tear on the big bolts than you have in that picture though(maybe you lengthened more?), but i still think it might leave a quite noticable scar when i remove the frames.

crimsontide

« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2014, 07:32:18 PM »

ive lengthened faster,and around 2 cm more.... i guess it oohs not that abnormal though?????? its so big, ugh... we will definitely have scars, i might just get scar remove for the bolt sites only

crimsontide

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2014, 03:05:36 AM »

medium,,,,,    should i be concerned by the tearing????  its probably just cosmetic, but stll will get scar treatment after i finish

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »

No, don't be too concerned.  That tear looks really familiar and mine didn't cause any problems other than pain and scarring.

crimsontide

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2014, 11:19:09 PM »

T'y medium, you're right as usual. .. I sent photo to Dr and be said it's normal. ... In other news,  my fiancee left me. ..

GeTs

« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2014, 11:54:19 PM »

Your fault or bitchy?

Sweden

« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2014, 02:40:15 AM »

She left you while lengthening?  :o

That was a little fear I had, maybe my wife would leave me.
The worse part would be all the gossip about my LL.

Well, she didn't.
I can't imagine how you must feel right now.

Maybe you'll have better chance to find a new girl when you're taller.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »

Hi I cant manage to contact Dr Bagirov.. Can someone update me his email? Emailed his assistant and him but no reply :(

PrettyTall

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2014, 10:13:52 PM »

Oh my God she left you :o

Wannabegiant

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »

Maybe she will change her mind and come back, as i understand it this is not the first time she decided to leave you? at least it seemed that way from the email you sent my a while ago. Hope you can manage on your own in the meantime.

crimsontide

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2014, 08:49:22 PM »

I'll explain the fiancee situation in a later post. ... it isn't the first time this has happened either. .

I haven't been walking past few days, so just did now. .. I can not put my legs straight down at 90 degrees and have heels touch down ... on either foot.. I'm upset by this, as I guess have ballerina on both feet...  I can have them touch the ground easily by putting my foot more forwards,  but not straight down. ... not even close. ... It's like walking   tiptoed.   Anyone else go through this?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2014, 12:06:17 AM »

I went through it and it's not a big deal.  The only thing it means is you'll have to do some more walking before you'll get back to normal.

crimsontide

« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2014, 06:20:34 AM »

ty medium... im not even done lengthening yet, so ill definitely be walking more then... i feel so stupid not walking past week... in just 1 week this happens... ty though

btw, did you have to walk  tiptoed, or did you just really extend your legs while walking??? i feel almost more comfortable tiptoed

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2014, 02:42:11 PM »

I walked tiptoed and gradually pushed the heel down with each step.  I agree it's more comfortable that way, and probably better for recovery too.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »

can i pls have dr bagirov contact? he seems way cheaper than the doctor in volgograd

i emailed him a drbagirov.group@gmail.com five days ago =(

crimsontide

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2014, 12:17:23 AM »

really???? tiptoed better for recovery??? i   do feel better doing it, just eel like i look funny doing it..

now the back of my ankle, i guess the tendon is sore as hello... I'm gonna not lengthen for a few days, then start again... think i need to rest a bit

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2014, 01:53:51 AM »

Well, you start tiptoed and then you push down on the heels when you can.  It's better than putting the foot flat and trying to force the leg forward when you walk.

crimsontide

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »

Have an issue

My feet, only my feet, get incredibly dry around ankle and heel... doesn't happen anywhere else. .. anyone else experience this?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »

Hey guys

I finally booked an appointment with Dr Bagirov!

The main pull factor was the affordable price.

Crimson, to what extent did you find it necessary to ask Dr Bagirov about the specific medical details?

Eg, nerve and fascia release, as some patients did?

I find that it is pointless? He may say one thing and do another. And besides, he should be more trained than us.

crimsontide

« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »

Well, I think release  would be helpful

Btw guys, need opinions.. I'm seriously considering getting lath by dr parihar, instead of keeping frames on... Not sure I can deal with having frames on much longer

Wannabegiant

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »

Well, I think release  would be helpful

Btw guys, need opinions.. I'm seriously considering getting lath by dr parihar, instead of keeping frames on... Not sure I can deal with having frames on much longer

You should probably go for it imo, considering youve lengthened at least 6 cm, and at a faster rate than i did (i did the recommended .75 mm/day). consolidation is slowed down the faster you lengthen, and according to Bagirov usually you lose out time in the long run if you lengthen faster even though you get through the lengthening phase sooner.

Honestly if youre unlucky you could potentially have these frames on for more than a year since the surgery date.

There is a high risk of permanent knee pain, but Mediums knee problems doesnt seem to be that bad, so its probably worth the risk. Im already going crazy waiting for the consolidation to be over and i have 2-4 months left, depending on what the x-rays i will take at the end of july shows.

Also if you dont have anybody to help you after your girlfriend left, then it will end up being veeery lonely.

crimsontide

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2014, 06:13:19 PM »

wannabe, ty for the reply

i  tend to agree with you... especially considering how long some other bagirov guys have been in frames... 

i can totally relae to your crazy feeling... it's really bad, and nothing to do with physical pain... it's the helplessness and loneliness that is a killer

I'm actually going to lengthen a lil over 7 cm... i think id be n tees frames a long time... the knee discomfort seems to be mild for most people... i think the complications i could get wearing the frames another year,especially with no one to help me now, could be worse

I'll write about the situation with my ex very soon... she contributed to a very unhealthy lengthening

Wannabegiant

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »

wannabe, ty for the reply

i  tend to agree with you... especially considering how long some other bagirov guys have been in frames... 

i can totally relae to your crazy feeling... it's really bad, and nothing to do with physical pain... it's the helplessness and loneliness that is a killer

I'm actually going to lengthen a lil over 7 cm... i think id be n tees frames a long time... the knee discomfort seems to be mild for most people... i think the complications i could get wearing the frames another year,especially with no one to help me now, could be worse

I'll write about the situation with my ex very soon... she contributed to a very unhealthy lengthening

Yeah i dont have any pain even and can walk pretty well without aid, need to warm up every now and then though. And my family helps me. Still lonely as hell.

But having frames on for extended periods of time doesnt give you added complications it seems. I have never seen any proof of it. The damage from the frames is already done and over after the surgery. Now its like wearing leg pearcings, it doesnt damage the leg and doesnt restrict the range of motion either.

So the options are waiting a long ass time with no added complications/damage to the legs, or a high risk of knee pain from the nail insertion, and the added risks of 2 more surgeries (if you want to remove the nails eventually).

With that said i still think the nailing option sounds like the best idea in your case.

crimsontide

« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2014, 07:09:51 AM »

I think I have ballerina in both feet... I can put both heels down when sitting, or when standing, but  not with legs   straight. .. I must extend my feet in front of me. .. so now when I walk, I am on my toes as that is the most comfortable position for me now when I walk. ... extending my legs out feels very awkward now. ... This seems to have happened quite fast. .. I stopped walking for a few days and it Happens .... Now I don't even want to walk. ... This is really depressing me. ... I don't know how long I can take having this condition. ... If surgery corrects it, I want to do it now. .. I hate not being able to stand straight and walk. .... depressed

crimsontide

« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2014, 07:18:27 AM »

just took this photo... this i about how much i straighten leg out with heel still touching the ground..... i don't have to o anything special to do this, buti can't mak my leg more straight than this... walking might be worse

GeTs

« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2014, 07:34:32 AM »

One weird ilizarov :o

ItsMyLife

« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2014, 03:27:25 PM »

Are you in moscow? Did you get follow-up?

All the best to your lengthening... :)

crimsontide

« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »

Not in Russia. ... No follow up. .. I'm mad I stopped walking a week. .. I'm making plans to go see Dr parihar to remove frames in  next 2 weeks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up