Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'8 vs 5'10  (Read 21757 times)

IwannaBeTaller

Re: 5'8 vs 5'10
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 12:16:47 PM »

2 inches is a marginal difference. It's about half the length of a forehead, since 4 inches (10 cm) difference mean that the shorter person ends at the taller person's eye level.

2 inches can, however, be a massive difference to your self-perception simply because they can help you cope with your height better. You might still feel short at 5'10'', in many situations, but you can think that you are spot on average height, that you are the same height as Daniel Craig or other "alpha males" who are respected for being manly men. At least these coping mechanisms are what sometimes gets me through my days without wanting to kill myself.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

MrHandsome

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »

I have worn lifts and have noticed a huge difference in attention from women.

Honestly women are so superficial that they don't notice your positive traits if you are below a certain height. Under 5'9 is where this happens. I am considering 4-5cms.

MrHandsome

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 12:23:33 PM »

2 inches is a marginal difference. It's about half the length of a forehead, since 4 inches (10 cm) difference mean that the shorter person ends at the taller person's eye level.

2 inches can, however, be a massive difference to your self-perception simply because they can help you cope with your height better. You might still feel short at 5'10'', in many situations, but you can think that you are spot on average height, that you are the same height as Daniel Craig or other "alpha males" who are respected for being manly men. At least these coping mechanisms are what sometimes gets me through my days without wanting to kill myself.

2 inches is a big difference percentile wise but after surgery it is impossible to be an alpha male.

My best bet is to just get rich and get the surgery. Unfortunately my athletic abilities will be compromised

Bander72

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »

You should do the surgery and go for 5 cm and then continue to use lifts. You can decide later when your financially more secure if a femur surgery would  be worth it. Don't  do 4 cm unless you have terrible complications. Something I realized was that with our age we could loose alot of that height gained  so its better to go for the most safest amount for tibia. Some might say 6 cm but to me 5 cm would be it.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

TIBIKE200

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »

The only thing I agree is that % wise, the change between 5'8 to 5'10 is bigger than let's say me going from 5'7 to 5'9. while you jump over 25% of guy I will "only" jump over 20%. Still, the difference between a 5'9 guy and a 5'10 guy is minimal. A big difference is usually seen at 9cm+.
I learned some stuff during this time

YungGud

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 12:50:36 PM »

Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »

2 inches is a big difference percentile wise but after surgery it is impossible to be an alpha male.

My best bet is to just get rich and get the surgery. Unfortunately my athletic abilities will be compromised

Yes, but the percentile difference is only relevant if you do lab tests or something. You will not feel very tall at 5'10 and not very short at 5'8, because it's only a slight difference.

Why can't you be an alpha male after the surgery?

yyes

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 04:28:19 PM »

Yes, but the percentile difference is only relevant if you do lab tests or something. You will not feel very tall at 5'10 and not very short at 5'8, because it's only a slight difference.

2 - 2.5 inches makes a huge difference. If you increase your height by 2 inches and wear shoes or boots that give you another inch or 2,it works out perfectly.

Something that I have noticed is that it's the long legs that are attractive. If you you have 2 people that are 5'10 and one has the longer legs, the one with the longer legs will appear taller.

Long legs is just aesthetically pleasing

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 05:26:10 PM »

2 - 2.5 inches makes a huge difference. If you increase your height by 2 inches and wear shoes or boots that give you another inch or 2,it works out perfectly.

Something that I have noticed is that it's the long legs that are attractive. If you you have 2 people that are 5'10 and one has the longer legs, the one with the longer legs will appear taller.

Long legs is just aesthetically pleasing

There is difference between having long legs and looking like dwarf on stilts.

Body Builder

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 05:32:04 PM »

There is difference between having long legs and looking like dwarf on stilts.
Most people who lengthen only tibias at about 6cm or do both segments at 6-7 cm in each of them look very aesthetically compared to their pre LL looks and to people who are at that height normally because yves is right, longer legs are very aesthetical.

What you said happens only if you have very short torso compared to your feet pre LL or if you lengthen 8-9cm in your femurs only or if you lengthen crazy amounts in bot segments.
For the majority of LL'ers the aesthetic result is very good. There are other problems that come with LL but the aesthetical result is not one of them.

MrHandsome

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 11:07:41 PM »

You can't be an alpha male after surgery because your athletic abilities are diminished however being a semi crippled average height man is better than being short.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 11:36:42 PM »

WTF is an alpha male? After LL you are not necessarily a semi crippled. Yes, you run slower, you are less agile, etc; but most of these abilities are not required to have success in life. Being crippled is not better than being short, you are mocking all the people who struggle just to walk... it is insulting. Also, lengthening only an inch is already noticeable. Only LL veterans know this.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

MrHandsome

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 11:41:35 PM »

WTF is an alpha male? After LL you are not necessarily a semi crippled. Yes, you run slower, you are less agile, etc; but most of these abilities are not required to have success in life. Being crippled is not better than being short, you are mocking all the people who struggle just to walk... it is insulting. Also, lengthening only an inch is already noticeable. Only LL veterans know this.

Yes 1-2 inches is a huge difference I have been saying this all along and also although I have not lengthened my legs I do wear lifts and I do notice the difference from just 1-2 inches.

doomsday

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »

You can't be an alpha male after surgery because your athletic abilities are diminished however being a semi crippled average height man is better than being short.

Alpha male is rather a strong character than body. Body only helps to some point.

MrHandsome

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2017, 12:09:42 AM »

Alpha male is rather a strong character than body. Body only helps to some point.

You can't be an alpha male if you are short period so it doesn't matter anyway if you get lengthening or not. The best thing a short guy under 5'9 can do is get limb lengthening and focus on getting rich. 

TIBIKE200

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 12:20:22 AM »

In which city do you live mrhandsome that you seem so distressed about your height?
I learned some stuff during this time

Body Builder

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2017, 01:26:08 AM »

You have a very wrong view about LL.
If things go well there is no way you'll end up semi crippled.
Of course if things go bad you may end up a complete cripple but this can happen in many surgeries.

So even I hate the term alpha male, yes after LL if things go well and you end up more than average height and you have a good face, you work out and have some social skills, you could end up a very successful man like if you were physically taller with all these traits.

Jack1066

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 01:27:27 AM »

The whole "alpha male" thing is bunk. Maybe you can't impress some dudebros. But that's fine.

If you want to be a confident, charismatic and successful guy, then you can do so being short. It is some extra work but not a lot to compensate for. Everyone admires/likes someone who is brave and over their own bullcrap regardless.

You shouldn't let something silly like your height (or even other people's judgements of you, because that's not your own bullcrap) hold you back from being the best version of yourself. Maybe I'm not the best person to say that... but it is true.

As for height and dating, I don't know, I notice some difference when I wear lifts (I am also 5'8") but I am seriously not sure if it is mostly my better confidence because lifts help shut up my neuroses. I don't think I will worry about being turned down for my height at 5'10/5'11, no. I have friends that height and it never happens to them.

But SpaceBoyfriend nailed it, it is not a good idea to do it for women. 2 inches, or even 4 or 6 inches, will not turn you from a guy who can hardly get a date  (if that's your real predicament) to a pussy destroyer. My advice with that is it seems certain kinds of women are much more likely to reject short men than others. Get to know or approach different kinds of women.

MrHandsome

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 01:27:51 AM »

You have a very wrong view about LL.
If things go well there is no way you'll end up semi crippled.
Of course if things go bad you may end up a complete cripple but this can happen in many surgeries.

So even I hate the term alpha male, yes after LL if things go well and you end up more than average height and you have a good face, you work out and have some social skills, you could end up a very successful man like if you were physically taller with all these traits.

I agree the only problem is that athletic ability will be diminished and some girls look for that. But as a short guy you will never be a good athlete anyway so there is no point worrying about it. All and all leg lengthening is a good investment.

Jack1066

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2017, 01:29:53 AM »

I think you are a student, aren't you? I've noticed this obsession with height much more at university than in the rest of society, (I did not go directly from school) which is why I became interested in LL. I think things will be pretty miserable until you finish but get much better afterwards. Hang in there!

MrHandsome

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2017, 01:31:00 AM »

I think you are a student, aren't you? I've noticed this obsession with height much more at university than in the rest of society, (I did not go directly from school) which is why I became interested in LL. I think things will be pretty miserable until you finish but get much better afterwards. Hang in there!

Yeah people in university are very tall these days but anyhow it's not really a big deal I will always have to deal with height related problems I have come to terms with it and plan to have leg lengthening for 4-5cms.

Jack1066

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2017, 01:36:12 AM »

People at university in France are supposed to be an inch taller than the average. So that'd already make them 5'11 if the same statistic holds in the UK/USA. When you combine that with the fact that most students seem pretty superficial and insecure, a lot of the guys are probably wearing big heels or lifts. So it's no real surprise that students seem pretty tall (I still wouldn't put the average most days at taller than 5'11 though).

There's no way of sugarcoating this, students are mostly shallow young people who just want a good time and want to fk hot people. Short guys aren't classically good looking.

However, university is probably also the  tiest shallowest place you will ever go. Things are better outside. I actually never even really noticed that height mattered (sure I knew that women were supposed to theoretically like tall guys) until I came here.

MrHandsome

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2017, 01:38:04 AM »

People at university in France are supposed to be an inch taller than the average. So that'd already make them 5'11 if the same statistic holds in the UK/USA. When you combine that with the fact that most students seem pretty superficial and insecure, a lot of the guys are probably wearing big heels or lifts. So it's no real surprise that students seem pretty tall (I still wouldn't put the average most days at taller than 5'11 though).

There's no way of sugarcoating this, students are mostly shallow young people who just want a good time and want to fk hot people. Short guys aren't classically good looking.

However, university is probably also the craptiest shallowest place you will ever go. Things are better outside. I actually never even really noticed that height mattered (sure I knew that women were supposed to theoretically like tall guys) until I came here.

The issue here is that I am also superficial so I need to meet these standards and I do in every way except for height.

Jack1066

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2017, 01:50:02 AM »

What I mean by superficial, is if women don't want to date you, for example, because they are scared that dating a short guy will make them look less desirable. To me that is very superficial. Here is another phrase that describes what I mean better, they are image-obsessed.

I don't mean that they are only attracted to taller men. That is different, and I can't criticise that. But I am saying that many girls at university (I've found) are like this because they have superficial values. Like I said before, it is the type of women. I don't know if your experience is the same. Other types of women are less concerned about dating short men because they don't think about dating in such a superficial way (that doesn't mean they don't want to be attracted to someone they are dating, and it doesn't even mean they don't value your physical appearance heavily).

There is nothing wrong or superficial with wanting a body you can feel good with, that's not what I'm saying at all. Otherwise I would be a hypocrite.

If you are good in every other way than height, though, I'm surprised things are so bad for you to say the least.

MrHandsome

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2017, 03:07:12 AM »

What I mean by superficial, is if women don't want to date you, for example, because they are scared that dating a short guy will make them look less desirable. To me that is very superficial. Here is another phrase that describes what I mean better, they are image-obsessed.

I don't mean that they are only attracted to taller men. That is different, and I can't criticise that. But I am saying that many girls at university (I've found) are like this because they have superficial values. Like I said before, it is the type of women. I don't know if your experience is the same. Other types of women are less concerned about dating short men because they don't think about dating in such a superficial way (that doesn't mean they don't want to be attracted to someone they are dating, and it doesn't even mean they don't value your physical appearance heavily).

There is nothing wrong or superficial with wanting a body you can feel good with, that's not what I'm saying at all. Otherwise I would be a hypocrite.

If you are good in every other way than height, though, I'm surprised things are so bad for you to say the least.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. The stereotypes of being with a short guy are so bad that some women are afraid their friends will judge them as being less desirable for being with a short guy.

This mentality is very common in university unfortunately.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2017, 11:41:04 AM »

MrHandsome, you are wrong in a number of accounts. First of all, the whole notion of "alpha male" could be rightfully criticized as irrelevant pseudoscience, but let's just put that aside there for a second, because we can say an ambitious, confident, successful man is an alpha male for you. It's not true that you can't be short and alpha, just look at Putin, who is pretty short, and whole nations defer to him. He's as alpha as it gets. It's also not true that you can't be alpha after having LL, because with a decent recovery, you'll still be capable of walking, running and doing all everyday tasks. Imagine a confident, assertive man who is the CEO of a big company and well-respected by his employees. Then he's running a 100 metre race and he's 5 seconds slower than anyone else. You think people are gonna lose all respect for him because of it? Just LOL.

MrHandsome

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2017, 10:07:27 PM »

MrHandsome, you are wrong in a number of accounts. First of all, the whole notion of "alpha male" could be rightfully criticized as irrelevant pseudoscience, but let's just put that aside there for a second, because we can say an ambitious, confident, successful man is an alpha male for you. It's not true that you can't be short and alpha, just look at Putin, who is pretty short, and whole nations defer to him. He's as alpha as it gets. It's also not true that you can't be alpha after having LL, because with a decent recovery, you'll still be capable of walking, running and doing all everyday tasks. Imagine a confident, assertive man who is the CEO of a big company and well-respected by his employees. Then he's running a 100 metre race and he's 5 seconds slower than anyone else. You think people are gonna lose all respect for him because of it? Just LOL.

Yes that is true but things are different for the older generations honestly.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 01:33:06 AM »

Yes that is true but things are different for the older generations honestly.

You must be very young (school - University). At that age, physical attractiveness (which of course includes height) is the main factor to get a girl. As you grow older, there are other things that matter like social position, money, not having a lot of baggage, etc. Enjoy your days being a child because these things which seem important won't be so in the future.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

MrHandsome

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 02:18:29 AM »

You must be very young (school - University). At that age, physical attractiveness (which of course includes height) is the main factor to get a girl. As you grow older, there are other things that matter like social position, money, not having a lot of baggage, etc. Enjoy your days being a child because these things which seem important won't be so in the future.

I am about to graduate from University and I'm 22 years old, but I strongly believe that women weight physical appearance heavily as an important characteristic throughout the 20s. By the time they start looking for other characteristics, their own appearance diminishes concurrently. What's the point in dating a used up woman anyway?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2017, 06:00:50 AM »

I am about to graduate from University and I'm 22 years old, but I strongly believe that women weight physical appearance heavily as an important characteristic throughout the 20s. By the time they start looking for other characteristics, their own appearance diminishes concurrently. What's the point in dating a used up woman anyway?

I only said that to highlight that your approach to life is only important for a small portion of your lifespan. I agree with everything you said except "used up woman", WTF man, have some respect. I don't want to sound like a feminist but you should strive to be a decent human being not just tall.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

MrHandsome

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2017, 09:31:57 PM »

I only said that to highlight that your approach to life is only important for a small portion of your lifespan. I agree with everything you said except "used up woman", WTF man, have some respect. I don't want to sound like a feminist but you should strive to be a decent human being not just tall.

There's no such thing as being a decent human being and nice guys truly finish last. If you are short, you need to be able to understand the true nature of women.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up