Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey in Vietnam  (Read 13191 times)

Viep

• Visitor
Re: My journey in Vietnam
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2017, 04:03:44 PM »

The problem is Viep, that during lengthening, especially if you do not weight bear you have no way of knowing when you should stop. Even after stopping lengthening you will only know the impact of the surgery months after, when the bone is fully consolidated and the soft tissues have adapted. So I suggest you learn about the people here who have done tibia lengthening; while the people who did 6 cm and below are ok, a lot of the guys who did 8 cm had issues and regretted lengthening so much.

I have a meet and talk with another guy, he have frame removal at 8.2. He did
tendon release surgery thought. But he said it only affect about 30% for his recovery. I will consider doing less if my tendon is too hard and require tendon release surgery

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2017, 06:09:39 PM »

I've never done it, but from what I've researched and what I've read from people on this forum who have done it. Do not do tendon release surgery. You have already an average height for a lady in the western world and tall for SE Asia, add 6 cm and you will be tallish everywhere. Do a lot of stretching / physio and know that it will take time to recover. 30% loss of pre op ability is a lot.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 04:06:12 PM »

UPDATE :

Today is my re-examination. Until now, everything is really okay.  I have done 4cm, maybe i will do  more 2cm, about 6cm I will stop. Because I think, 6cm is enough.
This is my x-ray : http://imgur.com/a/UOUbw.
Tks everyone for following me.

doomsday

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »

have you got a screw in your ankle?

Knik

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2017, 08:35:58 PM »

Good luck. I will follow your diary
Looking for Pili

onemorefoot

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 11:48:56 PM »

Good Luck, Hope everything goes just fine
Budget will determine my future.

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2017, 02:56:31 PM »

have you got a screw in your ankle?
Nope. It is not in the ankle. Just near it otherwise I dont think I can walk. Here is the picture so that you can have a closer look. I think is it above the ankle for about 1cm? :)
This is a picture : http://imgur.com/a/6q7EH

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »

Good luck. I will follow your diary
Thank you :).

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2017, 02:58:07 PM »

Good Luck, Hope everything goes just fine
Thank you, dont forget to follow my dairy :)

doomsday

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »

Nope. It is not in the ankle. Just near it otherwise I dont think I can walk. Here is the picture so that you can have a closer look. I think is it above the ankle for about 1cm? :)
This is a picture : http://imgur.com/a/6q7EH

Sorry, thats what I meant. Often doctors put a screw on the distal part of fibula. I gotta say it's pretty unique design. How many pins and wires have you got in total? thanks. 

esdkuci

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »

hello viep , its nice to hear your story
did you have the doctor or his assistant contact?

hows your everyday life there? do you have any personal assistant , or you can walk by urself when in situation like wanna go to the bathroom or picking something that far away from you?

are the price include the medication? ,,
and did the doctor said when you will be recovered? (at least walk by yourself)

thanks , and have a nice LL journey

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 03:09:14 PM »

Sorry, thats what I meant. Often doctors put a screw on the distal part of fibula. I gotta say it's pretty unique design. How many pins and wires have you got in total? thanks.
I have 4 pins each leg. So 2 legs is 8 in total. I'm not sure what do you mean when you said wire (sorry English is not my first Language :( ) but I'm guessing that is the big screw to secure the frame. In that case I have 3 big screw each leg 2 legs is 6 in total :D

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »

hello viep , its nice to hear your story
did you have the doctor or his assistant contact?

hows your everyday life there? do you have any personal assistant , or you can walk by urself when in situation like wanna go to the bathroom or picking something that far away from you?

are the price include the medication? ,,
and did the doctor said when you will be recovered? (at least walk by yourself)

thanks , and have a nice LL journey

I contacted them via this email: limblengthconsultant@yahoo.com

My everyday life is good. I have Tv, AC, ect...They give me 3 meals/day plus snack and compliment drink (coke, coconut water, milo,vvv). Their internet speed is good as well.

I have 2 person to look after me. A personal helper which is available 24/24 a day to help me with my request. Help to dump my potty and help me to get stuff and remind me to take my medicine and stuffs. Like basically they will do anything you ask them to. And they are like your second pair of legs. The other person is their manager which is doctor assistant. He will help you to make sure the helper will do things you ask them to and help you with your questions and worrys. This person is also stay 24/7 in the institute to make sure anything is running smooth and no problem happen to patients. If you want anything you can call him or text him. He will get things fixed pretty quick for you.

The price is included everything so you dont have to pay out of pocket anything. Included medicine and everything you could think of. I think they do a pretty good job. But the neighbor in this area is sometime noisy so it kinda bother me. But i'm okay with it cause it is not their fault anyway. I have the manager (Thao) to talk with me regularly when I feel weak and in an emotional break down (I cry a few time/week). He is like my friend. Although sometime I yelled at him because I feel discomfort and stress but he doesn't take it personal at all. Which I appreciate.

Doctor said it depends on each person from 1 -> 3 months after frame removal I can walk by myself. Normally it is 1 months but If you want to walk like a normal person then it takes around 3 months -> 6 months. Oh and one important thing that they also cover your complications. So if you have any complication they will treat it for free. That's what make me choose them :)

Changedestiny

• Visitor
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2017, 02:35:15 AM »

Hello Viep.

Thank you for sharing your story. I am VNese so your experience will have a special meaning for me.
How is your consolidation? I believe you are doing well and can walk now? How badly the scars are now?  can you share your result with us? and picture also?

I am planning for tibias by LON also because I you know it is unique option in Vietnam currently. My target is same as your with 7-9 cm (higher the better) and do Achilles tendon release if needed. How is your doctor say about this? How many chance of uncover after ATR according to him? Did you do ATR also and how is your cover?

Can you pls share more about the hospital which you did LL? How I can contact with them. In your story, I believe you have good experience there so I am consider to make appointment with Quynh, is that the Dr name you said?

Can we exchange personal contact so I can have chance to get you a coffee. It will be nice if we can talk more about your experience. Looking forward for your reply

Chúc Viep hồi phục tốt va mong được trao đổi với Viep kỹ hơn. Mình hứa là sẽ ko để lộ thông tin của bạn, mình chỉ muỗn tìm hiểu và học hỏi kinh nghiệm từ Viep thôi. nhắn tin cho mình theo line hoặc viber 0984524239

yudha

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »

hi..viep. i have a bow leg and rotational deformity..in my case the doctor will need a hexapod or Taylor Spatial Frame to fix my legs, do they offer this kind of device and do surgery for me? if so how much the doctor will charge for the surgery using this device. thank you.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:17:28 AM by yudha »

yudha

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »

hi viep..is the doctor name is huynh ba linh? you wrote dr.quynh...is this the same dr or different person. thank you
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:16:41 AM by yudha »

Pridezero

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 02:30:56 AM »

A good choice to find information quickly

Pridezero

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 02:31:13 AM »

Anyone choosing to access the site because of its round shape

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »

Update: Today I reached 6cm. I'm serious consider to stop at  6.5 because the waiting time is too much to me. I'm stuck in 4 walls all day when I used to be active before. I missed my family and friends a lot. It is so tought for me to get through this emotionally. But maybe it is just because I'm an emotional type.
However it is lucky for me that my journey is very good. No complication so far. I dont think I can live on if anything wrong happen guys. (I know it is a bit drama But I can't help my personality)
I will update again when my frame removal is done and post pictures as well. Thank you all for your kinds words.

Knik

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2017, 11:28:57 AM »

Could we have some pictures ?
and also after the op if possible
Looking for Pili

Changedestiny

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2017, 02:32:34 AM »

Update: Today I reached 6cm. I'm serious consider to stop at  6.5 because the waiting time is too much to me. I'm stuck in 4 walls all day when I used to be active before. I missed my family and friends a lot. It is so tought for me to get through this emotionally. But maybe it is just because I'm an emotional type.
However it is lucky for me that my journey is very good. No complication so far. I dont think I can live on if anything wrong happen guys. (I know it is a bit drama But I can't help my personality)
I will update again when my frame removal is done and post pictures as well. Thank you all for your kinds words.
I think if your leg still can lengthen safely, try to gain 7 - 7,5cm. you said you just consider to stop because mental reasons, not physical, so I feel if you can bear this emotion just more 10 days. Anyway  6.5 is good result. Congratulation. You are so brave.
Do you feel pain now? Are you still need pain killer sometime? or you stop use this already?
So far everything  is perfect for your surgery, you said, I feel happy for you. Just stick with your plan.
I hope you can share us some pictures with scar right after you take out the frame. I wonder how bad the scar is? What is your plan to deal with them?
Text me whenever you need some one to talk. I know 4 month trip is very lonely. 

Viep

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 03:36:29 PM »

UPDATE

I decided to stop at 7cm. I finished my lengthening on 10/9. Then I waited for 5 days and then I have my frames removed on 15/9. Today is 4 days post op. The frames removal surgery is much more better than the first surgery. The pain is much less also.
From 1 -> 10 rating. The same day wake up after the surgery is hell. It was really painful. I cried and panic so they gave me a shot of morphin. After that I went to sleep for the whole night. The day after when I woke up I felt nothing. It just so magical. All the pain from yesterday just gone for good. However, I'm still afraid to try my new height so I stick up on bed for the whole day
Doctor came check my legs and told me everything is good. I have never felt so alive. Waking up with my legs only without the frames make me come back to life.
I was so happy and thankful that my whole journey was good. Then on 17.9 they checked on me again and then I got out from the hospital.
I was supposed to stay in the institute for another 10 days for stitches removal. However because Thao said if I manage to got my legs dry and clean then I can go home now. He will send nurse to my house to remove the stitchets  later.  And I couldn't happier to go home.
I miss my room and my family so much. So I went home. It's been 2 days now. I'm counting down for another 7 days then another 2 days after stitches removal to go shower again 

Acccc

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 05:02:33 PM »

Congratulations to you for your good journey!!!
Are you walking yet by yourself without crutches???

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 11:58:32 PM »

Thats great, im so happy for u man. Ur x-ray is looking good and perfectly aligned.

Luther

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2017, 12:20:58 AM »

GOOD JOB Viep
I AM HAPPY FOR YOU

Movie

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2017, 07:34:20 AM »

Best of Luck
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Anndr000

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2018, 04:44:49 PM »

Hi Viep, hope you are doing well back to your everyday normal activities. I have a question, you paid 12,600 for the full boarding option and you're a vietnamese citizen? Will they charge the same for Foreigners or will they charge more?

Asiankll

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 06:29:07 AM »

This changed since Dec 2017. Price for international patients is now $18,000 for surgery, boarding, x-rays, meds, and etc...
For locals it's $15,000 I believe.

lucindaris

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018, 11:58:50 AM »

Yes, they said that is referenced to a new law and i heard they changed hospitals aswell.

Astronomy

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2019, 11:55:40 AM »

If you wanna lengthen by more 8CM I suggest you go to somewhere else to realize your dream.
As far as I know,Vietnamese doctor use LON to conduct surgery on your femur,which means more dangerous and harder to recover.
So I reckon you must raise adequate money for another doctor,such as in Europe,in US.Vietnam ain't a paradise for femur-surgery!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up