Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Dimitrios Giotikas (Athens, Greece)  (Read 64640 times)

:Captain America:

Re: Dr Dimitrios Giotikas (Athens, Greece)
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 05:38:32 PM »

I only have time for this year. I will ask when he will have that new nail. If it in this year. I would love to get that new nail.

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2018, 05:41:38 PM »

Honestly, I really don't mind being in a wheelchair for 2 months. I really got used to it when I had LON done in Korea. What I hate wasn't the wheelchair. It was the weight of the frame, pain and sleepless night.

Oh So Arrogant

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2018, 08:07:36 PM »

Honestly, I really don't mind being in a wheelchair for 2 months. I really got used to it when I had LON done in Korea. What I hate wasn't the wheelchair. It was the weight of the frame, pain and sleepless night.

You really should read more about STRYDE before you make a decision.
Banned:  multiple accounts not allowed (Stadiometer, Esq, Jcold)

Johnson1111

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2018, 10:16:31 PM »

He looks like a great option.

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 07:34:38 PM »

Yeah, I've read a lot about STRYDE. I asked them about STRYDE. They said will be available in 2019. I might just do it this year or wait next year. I have to make a decision soon.

AlphaX

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »

Hi friends ! :)

I come back to you following my telephone conversation with the doctor and to provide some details about the person and servis offer.  8)

First of all, he really seems to know what he's talking about. He is very friendly, very patient (my english is bad ahah). It really inspires confidence and I advise you to take even a telephone appointment if you have questions.

For my part, I think to start with TSF on tibia (5cm) in November then do Stryde on femur (8cm) in a row.

According to Dr. Stryde should be operational in January. Currently tests are done on patients (not on the validity of the treatment because we know that it works) but rather on the procedure to follow later.

In addition, in terms of price for stryde (because I know that this is what we are very interested in ahah ;D) the doctor specify that it is surely 5000 euros more (it's an average but it's already giving a order of idea).

So for TSF (shins) + Stryde (Femur) we should get by for 60,000 euros. What is to my taste (if all goes well) a very good price for + 10cm.

As for preparing physically before the operation. A program is provided to strengthen muscle mass (if I understand everything).

In other words, he has already operated many patients for cosmetic reasons.
As for the exact number, it is rather complicated to give because of the internet connection that there is in Greece (cut it often).  :'( . Nevertheless we do not have a priori to do to a novice. He also told me all the operations he could perform in non-cosmetic cases.

Frames (TSF) are removed around 6 months after the start of treatment (which I understand).

Furthermore ! If you wish to do + 10cm the doctor to was clear on the fact that it is impossible to do this only on one limb.
Femur -> 8cm max advisor
Tibias -> 6.5cm max advisor

In other words, if you do not want to do stryde and do Precice 2 + TSF. You will need to operate the shin of one leg with the femur of the other. Then conversely. (if I understood everything) In case of complications there will be no asymmetry.

For my part, I sincerely hope that the price of stryde will not exceed 5000 euros or not too much. 60.000 euros I find (and other also I think) that very well for a gain also raise. I am going to athenes in September for my first physical appointment.

HOWEVER, let us be aware that we have not had any feedback on this forum. So take the time to inform yourself and forge your opinion :)
24 years | LON on Femur done.

Starting height : 174.5cm |  Final: 182-183cm |  Dr. Yuksel Wannabetaller team

Android

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »

Thanks for sharing AlphaX!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

AlphaX

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 09:21:13 PM »

No worries it's normal! This forum has so much help that I do not know how to thank.

I hope I'm not wrong about my choice but I'm pretty confident.

stoke

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 11:08:24 PM »

Do 5 cm in tibiaz and 8 cm in femur is a bit dangerous and unnecessary because you are reaching the recommended limit "safe" but it is not always good to reach the limit, only if your body allows it.
I think if you do 4.5 cm in tibiaz and 6.5 in femur, you will be fine. Well everything depends on how your body resists.
Dr Giotikas seems a good option for price and also has good knowledge.

Thanks for the info!

MMA Chick

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 11:25:21 PM »

Why do fully external tibia and then stryde femur. Why not just do stryde tibia and then stryde femur. It's not that much more money considering you don't have to wear those bulky frames for half a year. Much more convenient that way for walking sleeping showering and everything else.

AlphaX

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 11:45:25 PM »

Yes +11 or +12 no matter the main one is to take the least risk. I think that as you told him how much of each one's body. But anyway both of them suit me :)

Yes you're absolutely right I thought about it! I will send an email tomorrow to know if it is possible to do stryde on tibia in the month of November and how much it will cost! I will give you the answers !

Thanks for you’re help !

AlphaX

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 08:39:36 AM »

“ Stryde nail will be commercially available in the European Union no earlier than the beginning of next year. The exact prices are pending to be announced.”

Bushguy

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:45 AM »

Do you think that with stryde, as it provides you to hold your weigth, you will have a better bone growth, because you could walk soon??
Sorry my english

Johnson1111

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »

Why do fully external tibia and then stryde femur. Why not just do stryde tibia and then stryde femur. It's not that much more money considering you don't have to wear those bulky frames for half a year. Much more convenient that way for walking sleeping showering and everything else.

The last part is true, but it is considerably more money. 20k extra to save extra is something i'd consider quite a huge difference.

3inchhope

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 10:00:23 AM »

Hi can anyone advise roughly what difference in time this new stryde nail could make to returning to normal?

I understand weight bearing should be possible at an earlier stage but what does that mean exactly?

If it allows weight bearing after  4 -6 weeks does that just mean you will be using crutches still or will you be able to almost walk almost normal after this period and still be adjusting for bone growth?

In comparison to precise 2 if i wanted to lengthen the max recommended on femur which i understand to be 7cm to 8cm, with the stryde when can i expect to be walking without crutches?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:59:03 AM by 3inchhope »

myloginacc

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 11:55:17 AM »

In other words, he has already operated many patients for cosmetic reasons.
As for the exact number, it is rather complicated to give because of the internet connection that there is in Greece (cut it often).

??
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

AlphaX

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »

The online consultation is via skype and the connection was not very good. In other words, I could not hear the exact numbers! Sorry

Shadow91

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »

Shadow91

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »

The online consultation is via skype and the connection was not very good. In other words, I could not hear the exact numbers! Sorry
??

exactly my thought myloginacc...

Great321

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »

I’ve had my consultation with Dr. Giotikas. Here are my thoughts about my experience in Athens in general before:

The city seems nice, especially from above. Its history and its ancient buildings are quite interesting. Even though it was 33°C it didn’t feel that hot because of its location close to the sea. Anyway some roads were quite slippery and some old buildings let the city appear underdeveloped in some parts. Until midnight there were loud noises from construction work at one night during my stay and some few (luckily not very valuable) things were stolen from me. (So be careful! Don’t leave your things in a hostel for example)

The Mediterraneo hospital is about 30-40 minutes away from the city center. I took a taxi for 13,80€. The hospital looked modern from outside.  Inside it was also modern and clean but compared to some German hospitals some things could be improved I think. The floors were narrow, you couldn’t take any elevator, it had to be a certain one (which you first had to find), there were only a few sanitizers/disinfectants in the places I’ve been (while in Germany you can find them in every restroom and every room and floors).

Finally, I was waiting for Dr. Giotikas. When he arrived we shook hands, he greeted me friendly and  asked how I like Athens. Then he explained to me what I can expect from the consultation.
(Ct scans, his explanation of what is possible, my questions, his examination of my legs concerning flexibility) Before the consultation I sent 140€ and I was told that I would have to pay another 120€ for CT scans (either in cash or by debit card) but instead of 120€ I was only asked for 42€ by the receptionist after the CT scans (which were taken somewhere else in the building). Afterwards I went to Dr. Giotikas again. He wanted to know why I want to do LL. After I told him my reasons, he assured me that he understands my reasons of wanting to reach my full potential.

Things I asked and his answers (not exactly what he said, only from my memory, in reality he answered more thoroughly)

1. How many patients did you have concerning LL?
150 (per year), mostly for medical reasons (he explained which ones) but also cosmetic ones

2. What are the most common risks? Will the risks with Stryde be similar to the ones with Precise 2?
Ballerina (he explained the method with which they cure ballerina and said again that ATL is something he doesn’t do since every patient after ATL complains about loss of strength)

and duck ass (I forgot to ask how this is cured or he forgot to answer)
Infection of the pin sites (cured by antibiotics)

Other risks: this blood thing (sorry I forgot the name, anyway he gives you blood thinners), and if something is wrong with the nail, if it breaks (rarely though)for example the patient would have to pay for replacement (or if it happens by the end of lengthening they can replace it with something else, a cheaper option) he also talked about fat embolism but I can't remember if he said what measurements will be taken then.

the risks with Stryde will probably similar to the ones with Precise 2, probably less risk of nail breakage

3. What will I be able to do during lengthening and consolidation?
In the beginning sitting for a long time would be difficult. Every two weeks during your 2-2,5 months  (2 months stay in Athens with TSF, 2,5months with Precise/Stryde) stay you will have to go to the clinic again by a special taxi (costs about 30€). With Stryde you will be in a wheelchair for the first 3-5weeks. (He isn’t very optimistic so far about crutches after 3 weeks already, patients should expect maybe 5 weeks to be safe) He will know more when experiences have been made in the U.S.) In the beginning you should hire a caretaker (for cleaning and cooking) until you can bear weight.

4. How close should the apartment I’ll rent be to the clinic, can your clinic help me with searching one when it’s time?
It can be anywhere. You can look for one and Dr. Giotikas secretary helps to check out if it fits, if it’s available (as the bathroom can’t be too small, you probably need an elevator…)

5. Will the PT visit me at my place of stay?
Half of the sessions PT will take place at the rehabilitation center (modern, with swimming and stuff). The transport from your apartment to the center is included in the price. And for the other sessions the PT (I’m not sure but I think) will come to your place of stay.

6. After 10 weeks of PT how long and how often per week should I hire a PT?
Dr. Giotikas said that afterwards I probably won’t need PT anymore.

7. Is there sth I can do before surgery to improve my recovery?
He offers a plan of training your flexibility 2 months before surgery. He is aware that theoretically it won’t make a change but he believes (or speaks from experience) that the muscles are trained that way (I can’t really express what he exactly said) and that the patient is getting used to those exercises (the discipline)…and all in one it makes recovery easier.

8. What kind of doctors are able to remove such frames if you choose to do it in your home country?
Any orthopedic center. But if you want you can do it in Athens for 950-1000€.

9. Did you notice if a certain amount of lengthening is safer?
Yes, the less you lengthen the less risks. He thinks it’s safe to do 7cm with femur and 5cm(not sure anymore) with tibia. To AlphaX he said the limits are 8cm and 6,5cm.

10. I have read that having longer femurs is safer concerning risks of arthritis for example.
First he said, there is no evidence for that. Then I said that it was a study. He answered that during his studies arthritis was the main thing he reasearched about and there are other things more responsible for the risk of arthritis. He created his own way to measure proportions by having evaluated thousands of U.S. soldiers. So he can tell you if you’d be still in the normal range after LL.

11. I asked him If it would be better to do LL with a pause of one year inbetween.
No, it doesn’t matter. He thinks that it’s better to finish this project in one year, since after the first surgery you wouldn’t be happy about the few cm gained. From the health perspective he doesn’t see any concern, your body would be able to recover.

12. I’m just 53/54kg. Does this make a difference concerning recovery and mobility?
Not really. No matter how thin you are, you would still have to wait as much until weight bearing as other patients. It might decrease the risk of nail breakage but there are other factors that could still cause the nail breakage.

13. Do you have an emergency number, someone I can contact if sth happens
Yes

14. Will I have to pay the follow up X-Rays
?
Yes, they will probably only need like 4 more X-Rays (each about 30€).

15. Is my bone big enough for Stryde?
He measured my bone sizes with the help of the CT scan results. I probably need the smaller nail but I can still walk with crutches after 3-5weeks with Stryde.

16. How much will Stryde + TSF cost and when is it available?
Around 60.000€, maybe 2.000€ more. Available in the beginning of next year. (He didn’t mention if he is sure about that or not)

17. Is one method more painful than the other?
He doesn’t think so. Pain is subjective, too.

Other things that were said without a direct question. (At home I measured my wingspan and torso and thought they were both a few cm longer. Dr. Giotikas measured them (not precisely though even though he measured my wingspan twice) and the results were shorter than mine. So apparently my wingspan is about as long as my height. And overall after LL I would be in the normal range but not that close to the average. He said that someone with a trained eye, like he and other LLers would maybe notice the difference but other people would probably not. So I have to decide wether proportions are more important or if I want to lengthen a little less. Like 9cm. But I can’t imagine that 1 cm more or less would make such a big difference. And he said that 6cm femur and 4cm tibia would be good but we could still play with the numbers.

He reminded me once friendly if I have more questions since it’s getting late.
He examined my legs. My flexibility is good. He doesn’t expect ballerina. And IT bands are only a little bit tight on my left leg but it doesn’t need to be operated. Finally, we were done.

Dr. Giotikas said that if I have any more questions I forgot I can e-mail him/his secretary. He will send me a summary next week of the consultations where it’s written what was said. (even though I’m wondering how he remembers everything)
I arrived at 11AM (waited for 20-30minutes inbetween) and left at around 3PM.

After all…I have mixed feelings of what to do. TSF and then Stryde in one year. Or first Stryde (seems to be a lot easier to handle...and then wait after university to do TSF)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:03:15 PM by Great321 »

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2018, 03:40:00 PM »

150, mostly for medical reasons (he explained which ones) but also cosmetic ones

Are you sure that he only had 150 cases in total? During my online consultation, if I am not mistaken, he told me 150 cases/year for the last 5 years. Either that or I misunderstood.

Yes, the less you lengthen the less risks. He thinks it’s safe to do 7cm with femur and 5cm(not sure anymore) with tibia. To AlphaX he said the limits are 8cm and 6,5cm.

Do you mean you're not sure about the 5cm or he's not sure? It's surprising that he said 6.5cm to AlphaX.

Great321

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2018, 03:47:03 PM »

He might have said 150/year.

I'm not sure about the 5cm. But I'm pretty sure he didn't say 6,5cm either. I guess AlphaX wanted to know the limit. I asked about what is the safest in his opinion.

I don't know either if he differentiated between me and AlphaX as he is 13cm taller than me.

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2018, 03:55:06 PM »

He might have said 150/year.

I'm not sure about the 5cm. But I'm pretty sure he didn't say 6,5cm either. I guess AlphaX wanted to know the limit. I asked about what is the safest in his opinion.

I don't know either if he differentiated between me and AlphaX as he is 13cm taller than me.

So he's only 173cm.

By the way, 150/year and 150 in his career are very different.

How's your impression of him overall? Do you think he's as good as/even better than Paley?

AlphaX

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2018, 03:56:00 PM »

Yes I asked about the Limit ! He told me that 6.5 femur and 4.5 tibia is safe !

Great321

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

of course that's a difference, I edited my post

I don't know Paley and I don't know any patients who did it with Dr. Giotikas so I can't say. I guess Paley is better as he is more experienced but I can't afford him. Dr. Giotikas doesn't seem like he wants to make you poor as possible unlike Paley whose price is far beyond reason in my opinion.
Giotikas is well behaved, speaks fluently English, talks calmly and not loudly, commutes between UK and Athens other than that I don't know much about him. He seems to know what he is talking about but I didn't ask him about the surgery techniques as I don't understand them so he didn't have to use a lot of medical words..maybe he adapted his language to mine

Maybe the next one who will talk to Giotikas could ask if he can get in touch with a former patient.

it is 60.000€ for Stryde and TSF together..I edited in my initial post, without TSF it's probably the current Precise 2 price plus 5.000€

Great321

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2018, 04:22:10 PM »

what I think is a little bit weird is the fact that he suggested that doing both surgeries in one year is better. I don't know if he is after the money or if he is being honest.

On the other hand even if I decide to do both in one year doesn't mean that he can force me to to do second surgery with him and he knows that
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:44:44 PM by Great321 »

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2018, 04:37:52 PM »

what I think is a little bit weird is the fact that he suggested that doing both surgeries in one year is better. I don't know if he is after the money or if he is being honest.

On the other hand even if I decide to do both in one year doesn't mean that he can't force me to to do second surgery with him and he knows that

How is he gonna force you?

Great321

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2018, 04:44:15 PM »

haha that was a typo ...he can't force me and he knows that so he might just have said his honest opinion without thinking about his profit...

but I mentioned to him that I'm not sure whether to start in October with the surgery or with university..he might have wanted to convince me to at least start with TSF

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2018, 05:12:17 PM »

haha that was a typo ...he can't force me and he knows that so he might just have said his honest opinion without thinking about his profit...

but I mentioned to him that I'm not sure whether to start in October with the surgery or with university..he might have wanted to convince me to at least start with TSF

Yeah he might just be honest about that because you will save a lot of time by doing all in one year.

Paley even do both segments within just 3 weeks apart. So 6 months sounds reasonable to me.

myloginacc

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »

I’ve had my consultation with Dr. Giotikas. Here are my thoughts about my experience in Athens in general before:

The city seems nice, especially from above. Its history and its ancient buildings are quite interesting. Even though it was 33°C it didn’t feel that hot because of its location close to the sea. Anyway some roads were quite slippery and some old buildings let the city appear underdeveloped in some parts. Until midnight there were loud noises from construction work at one night during my stay and some few (luckily not very valuable) things were stolen from me. (So be careful! Don’t leave your things in a hostel for example)

The Mediterraneo hospital is about 30-40 minutes away from the city center. I took a taxi for 13,80€. The hospital looked modern from outside.  Inside it was also modern and clean but compared to some German hospitals some things could be improved I think. The floors were narrow, you couldn’t take any elevator, it had to be a certain one (which you first had to find), there were only a few sanitizers/disinfectants in the places I’ve been (while in Germany you can find them in every restroom and every room and floors).

Finally, I was waiting for Dr. Giotikas. When he arrived we shook hands, he greeted me friendly and  asked how I like Athens. Then he explained to me what I can expect from the consultation.
(Ct scans, his explanation of what is possible, my questions, his examination of my legs concerning flexibility) Before the consultation I sent 140€ and I was told that I would have to pay another 120€ for CT scans (either in cash or by debit card) but instead of 120€ I was only asked for 42€ by the receptionist after the CT scans (which were taken somewhere else in the building). Afterwards I went to Dr. Giotikas again. He wanted to know why I want to do LL. After I told him my reasons, he assured me that he understands my reasons of wanting to reach my full potential.

Things I asked and his answers (not exactly what he said, only from my memory, in reality he answered more thoroughly)

150 (per year), mostly for medical reasons (he explained which ones) but also cosmetic ones

2. What are the most common risks? Will the risks with Stryde be similar to the ones with Precise 2?
Ballerina (he explained the method with which they cure ballerina and said again that ATL is something he doesn’t do since every patient after ATL complains about loss of strength)

and duck ass (I forgot to ask how this is cured or he forgot to answer)
Infection of the pin sites (cured by antibiotics)

Other risks: this blood thing (sorry I forgot the name, anyway he gives you blood thinners), and if something is wrong with the nail, if it breaks (rarely though)for example the patient would have to pay for replacement (or if it happens by the end of lengthening they can replace it with something else, a cheaper option) he also talked about fat embolism but I can't remember if he said what measurements will be taken then.

the risks with Stryde will probably similar to the ones with Precise 2, probably less risk of nail breakage

3. What will I be able to do during lengthening and consolidation?
In the beginning sitting for a long time would be difficult. Every two weeks during your 2-2,5 months  (2 months stay in Athens with TSF, 2,5months with Precise/Stryde) stay you will have to go to the clinic again by a special taxi (costs about 30€). With Stryde you will be in a wheelchair for the first 3-5weeks. (He isn’t very optimistic so far about crutches after 3 weeks already, patients should expect maybe 5 weeks to be safe) He will know more when experiences have been made in the U.S.) In the beginning you should hire a caretaker (for cleaning and cooking) until you can bear weight.

4. How close should the apartment I’ll rent be to the clinic, can your clinic help me with searching one when it’s time?
It can be anywhere. You can look for one and Dr. Giotikas secretary helps to check out if it fits, if it’s available (as the bathroom can’t be too small, you probably need an elevator…)

5. Will the PT visit me at my place of stay?
Half of the sessions PT will take place at the rehabilitation center (modern, with swimming and stuff). The transport from your apartment to the center is included in the price. And for the other sessions the PT (I’m not sure but I think) will come to your place of stay.

6. After 10 weeks of PT how long and how often per week should I hire a PT?
Dr. Giotikas said that afterwards I probably won’t need PT anymore.

7. Is there sth I can do before surgery to improve my recovery?
He offers a plan of training your flexibility 2 months before surgery. He is aware that theoretically it won’t make a change but he believes (or speaks from experience) that the muscles are trained that way (I can’t really express what he exactly said) and that the patient is getting used to those exercises (the discipline)…and all in one it makes recovery easier.

8. What kind of doctors are able to remove such frames if you choose to do it in your home country?
Any orthopedic center. But if you want you can do it in Athens for 950-1000€.

10. I have read that having longer femurs is safer concerning risks of arthritis for example.
First he said, there is no evidence for that. Then I said that it was a study. He answered that during his studies arthritis was the main thing he reasearched about and there are other things more responsible for the risk of arthritis. He created his own way to measure proportions by having evaluated thousands of U.S. soldiers. So he can tell you if you’d be still in the normal range after LL.

11. I asked him If it would be better to do LL with a pause of one year inbetween.
No, it doesn’t matter. He thinks that it’s better to finish this project in one year, since after the first surgery you wouldn’t be happy about the few cm gained. From the health perspective he doesn’t see any concern, your body would be able to recover.

12. I’m just 53/54kg. Does this make a difference concerning recovery and mobility?
Not really. No matter how thin you are, you would still have to wait as much until weight bearing as other patients. It might decrease the risk of nail breakage but there are other factors that could still cause the nail breakage.

13. Do you have an emergency number, someone I can contact if sth happens
Yes

14. Will I have to pay the follow up X-Rays
?
Yes, they will probably only need like 4 more X-Rays (each about 30€).

15. Is my bone big enough for Stryde?
He measured my bone sizes with the help of the CT scan results. I probably need the smaller nail but I can still walk with crutches after 3-5weeks with Stryde.

16. How much will Stryde + TSF cost and when is it available?
Around 60.000€, maybe 2.000€ more. Available in the beginning of next year. (He didn’t mention if he is sure about that or not)

17. Is one method more painful than the other?
He doesn’t think so. Pain is subjective, too.

Other things that were said without a direct question. (At home I measured my wingspan and torso and thought they were both a few cm longer. Dr. Giotikas measured them (not precisely though even though he measured my wingspan twice) and the results were shorter than mine. So apparently my wingspan is about as long as my height. And overall after LL I would be in the normal range but not that close to the average. He said that someone with a trained eye, like he and other LLers would maybe notice the difference but other people would probably not. So I have to decide wether proportions are more important or if I want to lengthen a little less. Like 9cm. But I can’t imagine that 1 cm more or less would make such a big difference. And he said that 6cm femur and 4cm tibia would be good but we could still play with the numbers.

He reminded me once friendly if I have more questions since it’s getting late.
He examined my legs. My flexibility is good. He doesn’t expect ballerina. And IT bands are only a little bit tight on my left leg but it doesn’t need to be operated. Finally, we were done.

Dr. Giotikas said that if I have any more questions I forgot I can e-mail him/his secretary. He will send me a summary next week of the consultations where it’s written what was said. (even though I’m wondering how he remembers everything)
I arrived at 11AM (waited for 20-30minutes inbetween) and left at around 3PM.

After all…I have mixed feelings of what to do. TSF and then Stryde in one year. Or first Stryde (seems to be a lot easier to handle...and then wait after university to do TSF)

Firstly, I'd like to thank you very much for this post, Great321 - the effort in remembering everything, writing it down, and sharing it with us all here.

I'll follow up with my thoughts on everything you guys discussed later, at some other point in time.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

myloginacc

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »

So he's only 173cm.

I wouldn't call 173cm "only". That's 5'8. About your goal with LL.

Excuse me if I just read too much into your word usage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up